Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

The shooting got Oliphant to draw something for the first time in like 4 months:

3 Rick McKee sure loves his frothing-at-the-mouth Arab.

6 (might be old but seems to be circulating today :sigh: )

8 :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Also Sean Delonas has a book coming out which apparently contains some cartoons that the New York Post didn't want to print. I bet there are some doozies in there.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

colonel_korn posted:

Also Sean Delonas has a book coming out which apparently contains some cartoons that the New York Post didn't want to print. I bet there are some doozies in there.

I like how the cover is a fat man.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Kajeesus posted:

This is the best cartoon. Give it three Pulitzers :3:

I don't even know what it means but I saved it to my computer.

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

This was already posted. People were AGCing it until they were reminded that bullets still come out of the gun.

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

bradburypancakes posted:

Seriously, you should shop this to a news blog or something, get some karma and :10bux: out of it.

I shouldn't though, because it's copyrighted material after all.

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Gimnbo posted:

This was already posted. People were AGCing it until they were reminded that bullets still come out of the gun.

Oops. I only saw his Sharpie one.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Oh man, wasn't this from the series of comics done by a Saudi Arabian goon about life in his country? He also did a huge image full of caricatures of all the different facial types you see in Saudi Arabia. Does anyone remember that thread or have a link to it?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

colonel_korn posted:

Both are fans of Michael Jackson?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Man this dude got the lamest Stand

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I fixed it:

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Has the thread heard from McCoy the Lesser or Lisa Benson yet?

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

Sweet false equivalence, Adam Ford.

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Internet Webguy posted:

This is what I was thinking. Show the world you aren't violent murderers by violently murdering cartoonists.

I much prefer this one. No gross muslim caricature.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

At first glance, this looked like a Catalino. Bad drawing, and stuff that looks copy-pasted from elsewhere.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Joe Sacco's take on satire and the Charlie Hebdo massacre:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/jan/09/joe-sacco-on-satire-a-response-to-the-attacks

More from Susie Cagle on American publications and cartoonists

https://twitter.com/susie_c

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jan 9, 2015

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

beepsandboops posted:

I think that a good response would be the Gay Abortions awards threads, demonstrating that most political cartoonists who do get paid are terrible hacks and why do we want more?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Stultus Maximus posted:

I think that a good response would be the Gay Abortions awards threads, demonstrating that most political cartoonists who do get paid are terrible hacks and why do we want more?

If there's actual job opportunities then perhaps more less-poo poo people would be inclined to go into this line of work.

The Gay Abortions are also selectively focused on a small slice of consistently terrible cartoonists. There's dozens of cartoonists who never even get noticed by this thread.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Stultus Maximus posted:

Maybe if cartoonists were actually paid for their work more good artists would become cartoonists.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

beepsandboops posted:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/ng-interactive/2015/jan/09/joe-sacco-on-satire-a-response-to-the-attacks

Joe Sacco's cartoon rules.

Cagle should take a hint. Political cartoons really are unimportant. They are the garbage part of the newspaper and they take up space that would be better used for news, advertising or coupons. The only people who read them in newspaper regularly and on purpose are either insane or very, very old.

Online political cartoons are also garbage but we read them.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

Brannock posted:

If there's actual job opportunities then perhaps more less-poo poo people would be inclined to go into this line of work.

The Gay Abortions are also selectively focused on a small slice of consistently terrible cartoonists. There's dozens of cartoonists who never even get noticed by this thread.

Yeah, this. Most cartoonists are non-offensive to the point of blandness. There are cartoonists with Good Opinion™, too, but other than Bennett, Bors, Boling, and Bagely (what's with the "B"), we don't pay attention to them.

Mister Beeg fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jan 9, 2015

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

beepsandboops posted:

First off, you're apparently hot linking the image which is a no-no here. Please put it on imgur or something.

That's a Beautiful piece. I'm impressed by the grave markers, for one, noting that not all of the victims were Christians.

Amarkov
Jun 21, 2010

Mister Beeg posted:

Yeah, this. Most cartoonists are non-offensive to the point of blandness. There are cartoonists with Good Opinion™, too, but other than Bennett, Bors, Boling, and Bagely (what's with the "B"), we don't pay attention to them.

I mean, when you're working in a medium that considers "suck" and "crap" to be swear words, it's pretty difficult not to be bland.

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Like, Ramirez is a hack, but at least we talk about him all the time. That's gotta count for SOMETHING.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Sacco's piece is really good and it's nice to see something more contemplative than "WE STAND FOR FREE SPEECH" and/or KILL MUSLIMS!"

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Robert "The Blank" Gorrell is able to make a paycheck by turning in the laziest loving dreck imaginable. Last year, he put out two cartoons that were white space with captions. He traces stuff from GIS.

William "The DeviantArt Bandit" Day managed to get over $40,000 from crowdfunding despite his output that year being endless repeats of the same copy-paste flip-flopping Romney, "tongue-tied" Romney, and endless "elephant wears a wingnut" cartoons.

Yaakov loving Kirschen has been working a steady gig for 40 years, and yet he cannot properly use the fill tool and his work wouldn't pass even an introductory art class.

There is absolutely no way on this planet that newspaper and sites cannot do better in terms of political cartoon hiring. Not when this man is somehow getting paid.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Rorus Raz posted:

There is absolutely no way on this planet that newspaper and sites cannot do better in terms of political cartoon hiring. Not when this man is somehow getting paid.

Holy hell I forgot about this one. The lightbulb thing/"You didn't build that" caused some of the dumbest, most readily AGC cartoons imaginable.

EDIT: And yeah, that Sacco is absolutely brilliant. I loved his Bosnian work which I just read recently. He's superb.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rorus Raz posted:

Robert "The Blank" Gorrell is able to make a paycheck by turning in the laziest loving dreck imaginable. Last year, he put out two cartoons that were white space with captions. He traces stuff from GIS.

William "The DeviantArt Bandit" Day managed to get over $40,000 from crowdfunding despite his output that year being endless repeats of the same copy-paste flip-flopping Romney, "tongue-tied" Romney, and endless "elephant wears a wingnut" cartoons.

Yaakov loving Kirschen has been working a steady gig for 40 years, and yet he cannot properly use the fill tool and his work wouldn't pass even an introductory art class.

Deep Hurting isn't syndicated is he? I mean, I know he's controversial here but I don't think you can deny the dude is a talented artist. Kreider only published in alt weeklies, so I don't know what they are looking for.

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Nenonen posted:

First off, you're apparently hot linking the image which is a no-no here. Please put it on imgur or something.

That's a Beautiful piece. I'm impressed by the grave markers, for one, noting that not all of the victims were Christians.
Whoops, moved it over to imgur.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

colonel_korn posted:

Funosaurus
May 28, 2009

Is goombama supposed to have his nose so high that we can't see the rest of his face? It's almost visually parseable with that interpretation.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Can we agree that the French dudes deserves to die for mocking POC?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
POC?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

People of Color.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

People of Color.

And no.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Professor Tomtom posted:

Can we agree that the French dudes deserves to die for mocking POC?

No

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

beepsandboops posted:

Love the Sacco article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

No.

• Locked thread