Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pro Target

play on very hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pro Target

that was a really good game

Chef Shimi

Play on Revengeance difficulty.

Pro Target

i hope kojima goes tow ork at platinum

Pro Target

Chef Shimi posted:

Play on Revengeance difficulty.

very hard is harder than revengeance in this goons opinion

Chef Shimi

I don't know if I played on very hard.

ulvir

I had about 30 minutes of fun using prowling magus as a farm spot for sunliht medals today. there's something really pathetic about a boss you can backstab (and essentially one-shot)

ulvir

and just so anyone won't think I haven't carried my weight, I spent a good while helping folks out with smelter yesterday

deep dish peat moss

Lizard Wizard posted:

wow it's a DLC that increases the difficulty but costs $30

It's $20 if you own all the DLC already and $30 if you don't. It upgrades the engine to DX11 allowing some extra lighting effects (the visual changes are minimal), completely shakes up all of the enemy placement, removes most of the exploits, moves a lot of items for the sake of convenience and difficulty (e.g. the Dull Ember is found very early in Bastille now, but the Ring(s) of Life Protection seem to be gone), moves almost all of the NPCs around, and adds a whole lot of thematic variety to the encounters. Instead of fighting 2-3 enemy types in each area now you'll fight like 5-6+ different enemy types. Then it adds more NPC summons and allows 4 player.

I wouldn't tell anyone to buy it or not to buy it because it's weird and really should have been a patch, but if you want to pay $20-30 to experience a Souls game for the first time again this is the only way to do it.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

it's cool for me because i didnt buy ds2 yet

anyone know if the ps3 version has updated lighting and poo poo too

Pro Target

it does but why would you ever get iton anything other than PC

Pro Target

im assuming you meant ps4

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

no i meant ps3

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

my only pc currently is a laptop with 1st gen intel hd graphics and im not getting a ps4 for awhile still

Pro Target

im assuming you meant ps4

saboten

i got a ps4 add me im mashkitty

thank u bacalou

Pro Target

dark souls 2 has some really incredible dreamlike world geography

Pro Target

the elevator that goes from earthen peak to the iron keep is my favorite piece of video game world design in recent memory

deep dish peat moss

Awesome! posted:

it's cool for me because i didnt buy ds2 yet

anyone know if the ps3 version has updated lighting and poo poo too

I think the only updates the PS3 version got is new dialog/lore stuff with NPCs. The new lighting, enemy/item/etc placement is limited to the DX11 (PC, PS4, XB1) versions

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

THE PENETRATOR posted:

heck i'll also challenge lizard wizard to a dark souls 1v1 match loser gets permanently banned from the forums

Pro Target

the new lore is that it turns out drangleic was all a dream fo the wind fish

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Hick Magnet posted:

I think the only updates the PS3 version got is new dialog/lore stuff with NPCs. The new lighting, enemy/item/etc placement is limited to the DX11 (PC, PS4, XB1) versions

ok i guess ill just wait for ds2 until i get a ps4 then. maybe towards the end of the year depending on how my ps3 backlog is going. still have to finish ds1 and maybe try demons souls too

cute anime girl

saboten posted:

no

cute anime girl

saboten posted:

NO

Scaly Haylie

Hick Magnet posted:

It's $20 if you own all the DLC already and $30 if you don't. It upgrades the engine to DX11 allowing some extra lighting effects (the visual changes are minimal), completely shakes up all of the enemy placement, removes most of the exploits, moves a lot of items for the sake of convenience and difficulty (e.g. the Dull Ember is found very early in Bastille now, but the Ring(s) of Life Protection seem to be gone), moves almost all of the NPCs around, and adds a whole lot of thematic variety to the encounters. Instead of fighting 2-3 enemy types in each area now you'll fight like 5-6+ different enemy types. Then it adds more NPC summons and allows 4 player.

I wouldn't tell anyone to buy it or not to buy it because it's weird and really should have been a patch, but if you want to pay $20-30 to experience a Souls game for the first time again this is the only way to do it.

thanks, gonna copy and paste this all to my boyfriend since he was kinda grilling me about what it was like since i told him about it a few hours ago

Scaly Haylie

i don't want anyone to get permabanned over video games, so i declined

cute anime girl

Pro Target

what is that even supposed to represent

Pro Target

yeah theyre in the game but like, why say it in gif form and especially one like that?

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

it has something to do with piracy and i dont like it one bit

cute anime girl

Awesome! posted:

it has something to do with piracy and i dont like it one bit

ur wrong

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

o then its just a dumb gif that is dumb

mycophobia
gently caress this loving goddamn boss holy poo poo

ron color

lucas AND mewtwo go into this folder

Chef Shimi

I love the gif.

Chef Shimi

I saved it in my gif folder so I can watch it even when I don't have Wi-Fi.

mycophobia
why didn't he just select both at the same time. smh

tao of lmao

Hi and welcome to my Let's Play of 3ds AR games. These games require cards packed in with your 3ds. They're really fun and I can't wait to share the experience with you. Without delay let's play!

The first game up is Archery

Wow the 3ds has swallowed up my table and turned it into a target range!! As you can see here, the object is fairly simple. Aim the camera at the target and fire away.

1 down!

2 down!

I'm owning this game

Chapter Next: AR Shot!

Chef Shimi

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cute anime girl

Vendor Trash posted:

Hi and welcome to my Let's Play of 3ds AR games. These games require cards packed in with your 3ds. They're really fun and I can't wait to share the experience with you. Without delay let's play!

The first game up is Archery

Wow the 3ds has swallowed up my table and turned it into a target range!! As you can see here, the object is fairly simple. Aim the camera at the target and fire away.

1 down!

2 down!

I'm owning this game

Chapter Next: AR Shot!

this is v. intense