Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

wait, poo poo this is still going on?

hostage situation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

kustomkarkommando posted:

But how do the good people over power and kill the conceal carry guys?

Concealed Carry is a divinely ordained right, and thus the Good Guys with Guns will be shielded by his hand and aim true under his sight, unless the Bad Guys with Guns are actually God's chosen.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

wait, poo poo this is still going on?

yes, hostages

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

well we should trust saudis on terror-based attacks since they are so good at sponsoring them

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

well this is a bummer

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

fade5 posted:

I'm a little hazy on whether it's been confirmed that Gaddafi personally ordered the attack, but he's definitely responsible no matter what

unrelated:

gently caress off and die Jeb!

The recent three-part Frontline series, My Brother's Bomber, is very informative and quite a recommended watch on the subject.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

euphronius posted:

Oh Saudi CNN sources

Super reliable

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

In short ~God works in mysterious ways but he certainly wants me to carry my guns everywhere~

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

well this is a bummer

This all happened because you doubted la pen

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

CNN: First to tweet, last to leave

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

so the new thing about xenopohbic dogshits is that they do not understand what a state of emergency/exception is, right

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
poo poo, the chyron on cnn also says they've heard more explosions?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

This all happened because you doubted la pen

lol my friends there aren't responding and i'm getting wigged out despite it being in the middle of the night

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Nintendo Kid posted:

probably helps that boston itself ain't all that big irl, and inherently pretty densely packed.

well yeah, Vegas and dc werent nearly as huge in the 50s either though in vegas' case I think it was engine limitations and dc they kind of hosed the geography up

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

lol my friends there aren't responding and i'm getting wigged out despite it being in the middle of the night

How many of them where fans of hard rock

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

there's going to be total chaos for a while yet, nobody knows anything and there's wild speculation. some car could've crashed and been reported as another attack, for instance

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

How many of them where fans of hard rock

at least one that i know of

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

V. Illych L. posted:

so the new thing about xenopohbic dogshits is that they do not understand what a state of emergency/exception is, right

are they like yesssss they closed the borderssssss

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
how is fallout 4?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Berke Negri posted:

are they like yesssss they closed the borderssssss

of course

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

My Imaginary GF posted:

how is fallout 4?
mediocre

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

My Imaginary GF posted:

how is fallout 4?

It's your wet dream.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

V. Illych L. posted:

there's going to be total chaos for a while yet, nobody knows anything and there's wild speculation. some car could've crashed and been reported as another attack, for instance

yeah i didn't realize it was still more or less in progress. i was in a meeting all after noon and didn't know anything had happened till i saw something on espn when i go to the arena to work a basketball game.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i've got cnn up on sling on my mac, but i can't really pay attention to it

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

So 6-8 attackers downgraded to 2-3

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

might be army or gign doing work

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
guh... gently caress these attacks... not for what happened, but for the response by american political candidates

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has condemned the "despicable terrorist attacks" carried out in Paris.

"He demands the immediate release of the numerous individuals reportedly being held hostage in the Bataclan theatre," his spokesman said in a statement.

hah!

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

dunno if the current government can survive this, hollande is going to have to do some rearrangements at the very least

two high-profile terrorist attacks under his watch is also not going to do wonders for his electability, one should think

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Exclamation Marx posted:

guh... gently caress these attacks... not for what happened, but for the response by american political candidates

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748577&pagenumber=64#post452694819

im bad explaining social etiquette to a robot

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Rollofthedice posted:

United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has condemned the "despicable terrorist attacks" carried out in Paris.

"He demands the immediate release of the numerous individuals reportedly being held hostage in the Bataclan theatre," his spokesman said in a statement.

hah!

what's he supposed to say

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

dunno if the current government can survive this, hollande is going to have to do some rearrangements at the very least

two high-profile terrorist attacks under his watch is also not going to do wonders for his electability, one should think

i would think it would depend on how he responds

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

So I see Smoothrich got permaprobated.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Exclamation Marx posted:

Same people that decry political statements after gun violence in the US.

Something seems odd.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

V. Illych L. posted:

what's he supposed to say

i wasn't laughing because he said the wrong thing

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

https://twitter.com/FrancoisFillon/status/665295004391337984

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

sometime you should find the opportunity to post this at him and ask him if it makes him uncomfortable

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Darth Walrus posted:

Two dead does seem low. Anything stopping shooters from just throwing their guns away and blending into the theatregoers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm exhausted, but there's no way I'm going to sleep anytime soon. drat, what a day.

edit: a refugee camp in Calais seems to be on fire rn

Chelb fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Nov 14, 2015

• Locked thread