Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ein cooler Typ posted:

even when Dale acts like an rear end in a top hat sometimes he does it with good intentions

he just wants what's best for his son

Bill is the worst (major character) person on the show but Dale is a close second. I mean in terms of characters they're both great but in terms of humans they're pretty bad. Peggy is no where near them

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
That paintball episode was awesome

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Aesop Poprock posted:

Bill is the worst (major character) person on the show but Dale is a close second. I mean in terms of characters they're both great but in terms of humans they're pretty bad. Peggy is no where near them

Bobby is way worse than all three.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
What episode does Peggy get owned the hardest? I'm going to say its when she thinks the handsome Mexican telenovela dude wants to cheat on his super hot wife with her.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
why wouldn't Monsignor Martinez want her. She is an excellent lover

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ElGroucho posted:

What episode does Peggy get owned the hardest? I'm going to say its when she thinks the handsome Mexican telenovela dude wants to cheat on his super hot wife with her.

She's redeemed in the episode. But the Country music festival where Hank breaks down talks poo poo about her Apple Brown Peggy and Spa-peggy and meat balls is a great scene. Hanks a real audience stand in for her bullshit.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

It's the one where she's on trial for kidnapping a small Mexican child but gets off when she tries to explain her story in Spanish

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

ElGroucho posted:

Easy, entering the beauty pageant and being saved by Hank ex manchina

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Who in the media tricked you?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I think you forgot your shoes dear.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Did you know that Clarke Peters is having an affair with Root Beer? Don't worry, his wife's not jealous.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Bombadilillo posted:

She's redeemed in the episode. But the Country music festival where Hank breaks down talks poo poo about her Apple Brown Peggy and Spa-peggy and meat balls is a great scene. Hanks a real audience stand in for her bullshit.

The conclusion of that episode is dumb as poo poo.

Big standoff where Peggy makes the brown peggy for the dude, and the cops are like "she is poisoning the dude" and Hank is like "I will test the apple peggy" and peggy is like "DONT HANK ITS NOT FOR YOU *guilty glances and soflty shaking head*"

Then Hank eats it and is fine. So why was peggy so dramatic about it??!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Aesop Poprock posted:

The thing I like about koth though is that even the awful people on the show usually aren't malicious. They're just lovely people.

...except for Neighbor Khan, who is deliberately an rear end in a top hat 99% of the time

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Khan is married to the hottest babe in Arlen though

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Calling characters of a comedy show "bad people" is the absolute laziest analysis/criticism. Goons trips over themselves to say how everyone on seinfeld/always sunny and apparently koth are "bad people" but who cares? If they weren't it wouldn't be funny.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

The conclusion of that episode is dumb as poo poo.

Big standoff where Peggy makes the brown peggy for the dude, and the cops are like "she is poisoning the dude" and Hank is like "I will test the apple peggy" and peggy is like "DONT HANK ITS NOT FOR YOU *guilty glances and soflty shaking head*"

Then Hank eats it and is fine. So why was peggy so dramatic about it??!

Because it wasn't for him!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Calling characters of a comedy show "bad people" is the absolute laziest analysis/criticism. Goons trips over themselves to say how everyone on seinfeld/always sunny and apparently koth are "bad people" but who cares? If they weren't it wouldn't be funny.

Seinfeld ended with its semi-meta episode about how lovely its people were.

What I'm saying is I'm not surprised that goons came up with some real poo poo and unhelpful analysis.

As far as Koth is concerned. They are not bad. Boomhauer is a got dang gentleman.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Boomhauer is a sexhaver

he's the object of all goons' hatred

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
"Yo"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

yeah I eat rear end posted:

it's not a criticism of the show at all to say that bill is kind of a lovely person. i'm saying that he's a good character because he does terrible things sometimes but not because he's hurting people on purpose or to be a dick.

like for example there's a pretty good episode where bobby goes to bill for relationship advice, and bill is genuinely trying to help him out but everything goes terribly because he doesn't understand how to actually have a good relationship with anybody. it tells you something about bill as a character and also leads to funny scenes with bobby getting owned. seinfeld and always sunny are funny too but their characters are a lot less grounded and it restricts the kind of things you can do with those characters.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I, for one, am shaking with rage that you guys don't love a fictional character!!!!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Bill has a successful and loving and healthy and good relationship. The show literally forget about it by the next episode without so much as a one-line reset. It just ignores it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

or like.... dale's insensitive and crazy and a conspiracy theorist but he also tries hard to be a good dad, which makes it funnier that he's so oblivious he doesn't realize he very obviously isn't the real father.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

Bill has a successful and loving and healthy and good relationship. The show literally forget about it by the next episode without so much as a one-line reset. It just ignores it.

yeah that was lame as hell, either don't do a story like that or keep the character around for at least a couple episodes. they could have done a story about his relationship falling apart again or something but instead it just vanishes

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

corn in the bible posted:

or like.... dale's insensitive and crazy and a conspiracy theorist but he also tries hard to be a good dad, which makes it funnier that he's so oblivious he doesn't realize he very obviously isn't the real father.

Iirc aliens stole his DNA and impregnated his wife with it

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

FuhrerHat posted:

Did you know that Clarke Peters is having an affair with Root Beer? Don't worry, his wife's not jealous.

"The Clark Peters I know likes to burn things."

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

ElGroucho posted:

What episode does Peggy get owned the hardest?

I'd nominate the episode where she masquerades as a nun, but turns herself in after dreaming about sending little kids to hell.

You could say she owns herself in this one.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Ride The Gravitron posted:

Iirc aliens stole his DNA and impregnated his wife with it

Its the only explanation for why she got knocked when he wasn't around.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

john redcorn is gay and we've been friends for years

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Bombadilillo posted:

Bill is like the very definition of damaged goods.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Bombadilillo posted:

There was a one line reference to it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Where

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

post the proof or accept your fate

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Seriously. I'm pretty sure there's "Bill cant get a date" jokes and plot after that episode.

StupidSexyVaultGuy
Jul 26, 2003

If I may just dem-ON-STTTRRRAAAYYYTEEE...

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

Pretty sure it's the season finale of season 7. Bobby reads Bill's future with Tarot cards, he says things are going pretty well with Laoma (he pronounces it lay-oh-muh even though they're dating), and Bobby tell him he's going to suffer or somethin'

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Not a Children posted:

Pretty sure it's the season finale of season 7. Bobby reads Bill's future with Tarot cards, he says things are going pretty well with Laoma (he pronounces it lay-oh-muh even though they're dating), and Bobby tell him he's going to suffer or somethin'

Just watched this exchange. Confirmed true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

When bobby is reading tarot for bill and bill says "well things have been going well with me and my girlfriend laoma" and then she's never mentioned again