Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

I hadn't drank an energy drink in 15 years or so but then after playing a bunch of Death Stranding and really enjoying it I decided to find out what a Monster Energy tasted like. (Hey, even dumb marketing works apparently)

I didn't like it at all. Really sweet but to the point that it was gross. Watering it down with ice didn't help. Felt wired from the caffeine but sluggish from all of the sugar. Didn't think it'd be my thing but I was surprised by how bad it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IB4p6W5PVuc

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Have any of y'all ever had maple sap? It's the craziest delicious water with the slightest hint of maple. A farmer gave me some once and it felt like some kind of elixir. Best served chilled.

Seems kind of videogames if you ask me.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

External Organs posted:

Have any of y'all ever had maple sap? It's the craziest delicious water with the slightest hint of maple. A farmer gave me some once and it felt like some kind of elixir. Best served chilled.

Seems kind of videogames if you ask me.

there's a real special place in my memory for being a kid and going out to the tapped maple trees in our front yard with my dad and cracking the ice in the sap buckets and having a little bit of it. sure it's weird tree water, but it's great yeah.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jolo posted:

I hadn't drank an energy drink in 15 years or so but then after playing a bunch of Death Stranding and really enjoying it I decided to find out what a Monster Energy tasted like. (Hey, even dumb marketing works apparently)

I didn't like it at all. Really sweet but to the point that it was gross. Watering it down with ice didn't help. Felt wired from the caffeine but sluggish from all of the sugar. Didn't think it'd be my thing but I was surprised by how bad it was.

I could have written these exact words - well apart from the 15 year thing

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

About 9 hours into Nier Replicant, and I don't really know how I feel about this game. I get that it's a remaster of a PS3 game that is pretty old now, so i'm trying to be fair, but Automata is just so much better in every way. I loved Automata, it was my favorite game when it came out, and is one of my all time favorite games ever. It also doesn't help that I learned in order to see all endings in Replicant, you have to collect all 33 weapons. I really do not like requirements like this, and maybe its not as bad as it sounds, its better that I learn this now and can be prepared for it.

I haven't got the Replicant version, but in the 360 version it was a real chore and I think I might have given up and just Youtubed that particular ending despite getting the others.
I think your feelings about the game are going to be pretty common, since Automata took a lot of lessons from the Nier and improved or streamlined them.
I will play Replicant at some point to see the new stuff, but there are parts I expect will be feel like a real slog.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

wuggles posted:

I used to drink a lot of alcohol and now I don’t anymore. Not for any particular reason, I just don’t enjoy it

Same really. I only enjoy it a few times a month or less

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jolo posted:

Salted Caramel Monster Coffee is really good and has less sugar than those awful Starbucks drinks. If I'm really dragon rear end then that's my go to wake up drink

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Simone Magus posted:

Salted Caramel Monster Coffee is really good and has less sugar than those awful Starbucks drinks. If I'm really dragon rear end then that's my go to wake up drink

yeah i'm dragon rear end it's like i got a big old tail back there

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

I said come in! posted:

About 9 hours into Nier Replicant, and I don't really know how I feel about this game. I get that it's a remaster of a PS3 game that is pretty old now, so i'm trying to be fair, but Automata is just so much better in every way. I loved Automata, it was my favorite game when it came out, and is one of my all time favorite games ever. It also doesn't help that I learned in order to see all endings in Replicant, you have to collect all 33 weapons. I really do not like requirements like this, and maybe its not as bad as it sounds, its better that I learn this now and can be prepared for it.

Yeah, I’m kinda in the same boat at the forest (well, doing side stuff but it’s the next plot point), it’s a kinda jank game in a lot of ways and I don’t think it being a PS3 game is the problem so much as it is that it’s a faithful remake of a game made by a guy who openly admits he does stuff like Route B the way he does (replay a director’s cut of the second/first half of the game for the REAL story!) because he thinks people’ll feel ripped off if they pay $60 for a twenty hour low budget JRPG so it’s full of weird padding, mostly in the side quests but still.

The most disappointing part of Replicant is probably realizing how funny the Romeo and Juliet retelling in Automata would be if side quests were fully voiced in that game too tho.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/scienceshitpost/status/1392868055890464773?s=19

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hell yeah!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can someone link the path of exile thread

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Can someone link the path of exile thread

There's a thread index pinned at the top of the forum:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952822

This is the path of exile thread:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3828536

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

buddy let me tell you about g-fuel it's specially formatted for gamers to provide hours of clean energy use the discount code SNU for 30% off powders and 20% off cans this week only

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

they made the shaker cup bigger and the tub of power is bigger, incredible marketing gimmicks going on at gamma labs hq

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Hopefully we get a Tali sweat flavor for the release of mass effect collection

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am the owner of 2 cans of monster enegry. The green one because I see that everywhere, and then when I was looking at all the varieties I saw a ginger beer one and thought why not?

Gaming + Monster in t minus 1 hour and forty minutes.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Now that RE8 is out, are people more thirsty or less thirsty for tall vampire lady or is it about the same

I'd assume more

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

Now that RE8 is out, are people more thirsty or less thirsty for tall vampire lady or is it about the same

I'd assume more

my wife sent me a hot pic of the tall vampire lady and said we have to buy it so i would also say "more"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Weedle posted:

my wife sent me a hot pic of the tall vampire lady and said we have to buy it so i would also say "more"

Hahahaha

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

famicom detective club tomorrrooowwwwwwwww

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
11 hours until mass effect yeah buddy!!!!!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
So do you have to kill the big lady

And does she turn into a horrible gross monster first

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

haveblue posted:

She turns into one of the coolest gross monsters in RE in my opinion. Her boss fight, and the build up to that moment is great.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I mean, c'mon. It's Resident Evil

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

she takes over as the main character after you defeat her and clear up her misunderstanding

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

sharrrk posted:

she takes over as the main character after you defeat her and clear up her misunderstanding

It's really inconvenient, too, because you have to manually duck to go through every door or you bonk your head and take damage

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

haveblue posted:

she looks you right in the eye, puts her big hat on your head, and says "you're going to do great I'm so proud of you" and sends you to the next area with a bag lunch

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I think it's so great that Lady D has to duck way down to fit through the doors in her own home. I don't know who decided on that detail but it's just genius.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Woman: *is a woman*
Internet weirdos: drat that’s so hot

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

VideoGames posted:

I have never tried a monster or one of those big huge energy can drinks you can see with weird text and colours all over them.

Maybe one day.

I think Monster and Red Bull are both only so-so because of the extreme artificial taste, but Monster Juice are so loving delicious I end up drinking way too many of them. I would legit buy Decaf Monster Juice which is pretty ridiculous to say.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Harrow posted:

It's really inconvenient, too, because you have to manually duck to go through every door or you bonk your head and take damage

Ramming into doorframes on purpose to save time.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i refuse to get excited for this because the last time a jet set radio reboot was floated it was killed on the spot, but

https://www.ign.com/articles/sega-considering-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-and-working-on-a-super-game

maybe the video games industry will smile upon me once more

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

a 5 year FPS project seems like they want to do a AAA release on the level of destiny or w/e

also it's unfortunate that creative assembly is working on this rather than alien isolation 2

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Jay Rust posted:

Thing: exists
Internet weirdos: notice me thing-sempai

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Mix. posted:

i refuse to get excited for this because the last time a jet set radio reboot was floated it was killed on the spot, but

https://www.ign.com/articles/sega-considering-crazy-taxi-jet-set-radio-reboots-and-working-on-a-super-game

maybe the video games industry will smile upon me once more

There's also this one with the original JSR composer: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1353230/Bomb_Rush_Cyberfunk/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I feel like there has been a trend of the internet attaching specifically to and thirsting over curvy older women who may or may not be able to completely murder you

Relax Or DIE posted:

she looks you right in the eye, puts her big hat on your head, and says "you're going to do great I'm so proud of you" and sends you to the next area with a bag lunch

This is how I thought your post was going to go

Relax Or DIE posted:

she looks you right in the eye, puts her big hat on your head, and says "I'll leave this hat with you. It's dear to me. Take good care of it!" and departs on her ship while thinking "Come bring it back to me someday! Once you've become a great pirate! That's our promise, Ethan!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The new internet trend known as the "MILF"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

I feel like there has been a trend of the internet attaching specifically to and thirsting over curvy older women who may or may not be able to completely murder you

my wife fits the archetype so when i see people doing this i'm like yeah!! duh!!!! welcome to the party, pal