Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Rust Martialis posted:

So it's deleted and the last few posts in the thread say it was faked.

Any evidence either way?

Listen to your heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

CainFortea posted:

Listen to your heart.

That way lies madness

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
if it was faked to be inflammatory, it would be exceedingly weird to write the final line in russian but not translate it into english when it is like the second most inflammatory line of the whole thing

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Yeah, either someone went to a lot of trouble to fake something to be inflammatory for no real gain at all not even reddit karma, or it's real and people have discovered it's super easy to say "fake news!!" and thereby muddy the waters to the point no one can be sure of anything.

On the one hand the eve community is demented enough to do something like fake inflammatory statements for no reason other than attention, on the other hand the content of the statement is incredibly believable.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the second time that dude’s gone off like this, the first was using his outside voice and it contained much fash squawking about wokeness and other unpleasantness.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

hailthefish posted:

Yeah, either someone went to a lot of trouble to fake something to be inflammatory for no real gain at all not even reddit karma, or it's real and people have discovered it's super easy to say "fake news!!" and thereby muddy the waters to the point no one can be sure of anything.

On the one hand the eve community is demented enough to do something like fake inflammatory statements for no reason other than attention, on the other hand the content of the statement is incredibly believable.

I'm trying to suppress the "well, it's Russians, believe the worst" because stereotypes are not the basis of good decisions. Considering the report that someone got doxxed at work in the last few pages in this thread, it seems pretty clear to me there's still psychos running around doing some hosed up poo poo to hurt their "enemies".

Could be fake, could be real, no loving clue.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Rust Martialis posted:

I'm trying to suppress the "well, it's Russians, believe the worst" because stereotypes are not the basis of good decisions. Considering the report that someone got doxxed at work in the last few pages in this thread, it seems pretty clear to me there's still psychos running around doing some hosed up poo poo to hurt their "enemies".

Could be fake, could be real, no loving clue.

Hanzo has told us it's a fake ping and he doesn't agree with the contents at all. Discord screenshots are trivial to fake, and as already shown plenty of people are going to take it at face value due to the eastern European stereotype.

Before it vanished the Reddit OP said they'd had the screenshot for almost two weeks before posting it. Strange to wait that long.

Salisbury Snape
May 26, 2014
While a grain platform can be used for corn, a specialized corn head is ordinarily used instead.

I had some dealings with hanzo during my time in cd (before they joined imperium, I think they were RMC) he was always pleasant and polite even while I was bugging him about paying up for his members blue shooting.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
Why are discord messages any easier to fake than anything else you view in a chrome browser? AFAIK you could just F12 the message body on literally any platform gamers use to communicate

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

Mr. Grinch posted:

Why are discord messages any easier to fake than anything else you view in a chrome browser? AFAIK you could just F12 the message body on literally any platform gamers use to communicate

its easy to just edit the text frame but also its easy to just open discord and see this type of poo poo said normally in a bunch of places heated gamers talk so

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

you'd also have to fake the fairly convincing idiomatic terminally online russian language use

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I'm not going into the last thread again but this is the second time something like this has been posted, reportedly from the same guy, the first was an alliance mail. Either he's a dick or someone is using us to have another crack at making him look bad and this is where we head at lightning speed into the "don't gently caress with internal Russian politics in eve" zone.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Here's some dank pubbie leaks....

Asher Elias is new Imperium leader and head of GSF

Make sure you bring your hauler alts to carry all the refits

https://twitch.tv/videos/1545460135

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Jacket time

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Mederlock posted:

Flee pubbieswarm and the bees will be reborn as beautiful geese.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Flee pubbieswarm and the bees will be reborn as beautiful geese.

Let the pubbies tears roll from your backs, like so much water from the feathers of the mighty [GANDR]

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

Mederlock posted:

Asher is a great loving choice. Would consider going back to imperium if I ever left Volta, whereas I would have considered it basically impossible before.

He also spoke about the same thing that had me raging back in Spring 2021. It was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that he disagreed as well, since his participation fell off a cliff after Mittens wouldn't let people attack after M2.

raminasi
Jan 25, 2005

a last drink with no ice

Vilgan posted:

Asher is a great loving choice. Would consider going back to imperium if I ever left Volta, whereas I would have considered it basically impossible before.

He also spoke about the same thing that had me raging back in Spring 2021. It was pretty obvious to anyone paying attention that he disagreed as well, since his participation fell off a cliff after Mittens wouldn't let people attack after M2.

Asher thinks that several of the allegations against the mittani were fabricated, but hasn’t (to my knowledge) said which ones.

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
Asher is cool and I always loved his fleets but no amount of leadership shuffling is going to unfuck the fact that Mittens spent a decade turning GSF into a loving twitch chat
If you read the abdication thread and are still excited to be in GSF you need your head examined IMO

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
JOIN GOOSEFLEET TODAY!

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Still a huge fan of Asher's original blaster ferox ratting op, so he can't go wrong, really.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mr. Grinch posted:

Asher is cool and I always loved his fleets but no amount of leadership shuffling is going to unfuck the fact that Mittens spent a decade turning GSF into a loving twitch chat
If you read the abdication thread and are still excited to be in GSF you need your head examined IMO

didn't read it. i think asher is a pretty good leader though, even if he is disgusting landlord scum

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice. do you make analogous decisions in your real life? like, never shopping on amazon, working for a company whose head has credible sexual harassment or discrimination claims, etc. video games are way lower stakes, i suppose where the consequences of sticking to your principles isn't as high. i don't mind being called a moron for still being in gsf, but the tension of constantly watching everything that has a tertiary relationship with your consumption habits (in this case, video gaming) seems very stressful

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism hth

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
Goonswarm: better alliances aren’t possible

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
quitting GSF is ez praxis hope this helps

lifetime supply of Pocky
Aug 19, 2003

WorkerThread posted:

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice. do you make analogous decisions in your real life? like, never shopping on amazon, working for a company whose head has credible sexual harassment or discrimination claims, etc. video games are way lower stakes, i suppose where the consequences of sticking to your principles isn't as high. i don't mind being called a moron for still being in gsf, but the tension of constantly watching everything that has a tertiary relationship with your consumption habits (in this case, video gaming) seems very stressful

Yet you participate in society. Curious!

I am very intelligent.

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

become gnome

return to forest (syndicate)

ezpz

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
ah yes the old "jeff bezos exists so can this rape apologist, pedophilia promoting video game club really be that bad" argument
:nallears:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

this is going to sound condescending, i guess, but i am genuinely curious. it seems clear that many people in this thread view how they participate in this video game as a moral choice.

your examples are (mostly) brief impersonal business interactions. discovering unrepentant creeps in your hang out space is a lot more disturbing and personal.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Cease to Hope posted:

your examples are (mostly) brief impersonal business interactions. discovering unrepentant creeps in your hang out space is a lot more disturbing and personal.

maybe that's the difference. gsf isn't my hangout space. it's a place for me to buy ships from and get fleet pings

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account
If you join Groon you'll get access to the best Astrahus in Syndicate. And a Rifter to spin in the station.

(Rifter may or may not be fit. Also depends on Rifter stocks supplies limited)

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

ah yes the old "jeff bezos exists so can this rape apologist, pedophilia promoting video game club really be that bad" argument
:nallears:

is it your honest opinion that the imperium as a body (or w/e grouping you want to use) is even implicitly promoting pedophilia

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

WorkerThread posted:

maybe that's the difference. gsf isn't my hangout space. it's a place for me to buy ships from and get fleet pings

a lot of the stories related recently are people being creepy or hateful in fleets

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Rojo_Sombrero posted:

If you join Groon you'll get access to the best Astrahus in Syndicate. And a Rifter to spin in the station.

(Rifter may or may not be fit. Also depends on Rifter stocks supplies limited)

We also know at least 2 very funny jokes we'll be willing to share.

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Goosefleet, now modeling real military bureaucracy!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

if i look at the post history of the people scolding goons for not leaving gsf after the mittens leaks, how many would i find that continued to participate on the SA forums after the lowtax leaks?

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

WorkerThread posted:

is it your honest opinion that the imperium as a body (or w/e grouping you want to use) is even implicitly promoting pedophilia

Nice rapsheet. gently caress off.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Nice rapsheet. gently caress off.

no rapsheet shaming unless its for being *phobe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

WorkerThread posted:

There is no ethical consumption under capitalism, but given the choice I will give my business to companies that aren't overtly lovely. Given the choice, I'll hang out with people who don't think the One Joke About Trans Folks is the height of comedy.

E: F'real, it's not that loving hard to manage the crowd you hang with. If they suck, just...leave.

Bad Purchase posted:

if i look at the post history of the people scolding goons for not leaving gsf after the mittens leaks, how many would i find that continued to participate on the SA forums after the lowtax leaks?

Please just stop posting. Many users do not like, or want, you to post.