Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

shwinnebego posted:

(It’s clearly just a flavorful device that amounts to a verifiable transferable night action. If it does anything else mechanically there was no indication of that in my mod chat)

I can’t be the only person who finds this difficult to believe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well, that's my burden, I guess.

fool of sound posted:

Like, why would scum kill Obama? They either lying about maer and thus scum, or scum successfully bamboozled the results and now obama is a potential easy push. And if the latter, nobody would believe their results today anyway if they DID catch scum.

This also seems to be an attempt to discredit OA.

I think the Scum are most likely Shwinne, TMor and FoS

I think the shell caused the misdirect, I think these three know it.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

So far the only Town power role to be eliminated was Ham, a role blocker more or less.

This makes me believe OA and Cube more.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
why do you keep saying discredit like obama did anything but got a townie misvoted

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

trajanmax posted:

So far the only Town power role to be eliminated was Ham, a role blocker more or less.

This makes me believe OA and Cube more.

Beet was a doc, kinda.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

CubicalSucrose posted:

Beet was a doc, kinda.

Er, both I guess.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Er, both I guess.

Yeah, two items that could be given out that had slightly different affect. It’s interesting that that flavor mentioned specifically what the items would do, whereas Shwinne has an item that has no indication of use? That really does seem strange.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

trajanmax posted:

Yeah, two items that could be given out that had slightly different affect. It’s interesting that that flavor mentioned specifically what the items would do, whereas Shwinne has an item that has no indication of use? That really does seem strange.

Even wind seemed to know that the thing he had to give to the Groke did something? And it had details about the item in the flavor.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Maerlyn posted:

I can't say for certain, having played with Obama before I don't think as scum he just wildly makes up some poo poo like tracking me to the NK

it could be part of some scum gambit but I'm not interested in voting OA today.

CubicalSucrose posted:

I was thinking the same thing, "Would OA just hard-bus Maer?" but the specific language used was:

Which is quite specific. OA is solidly town.

ObamaAkbar. posted:

Anyway in better news I tracked mae to beet last night

##vote mae

Nesting quotes is awkward.

If scumOA just hard gambited no town Tracker existing, and sowed the seeds for me to believe they tracked me to Traj N1, then fine, give them a medal and the win.

I can't see myself voting OA today.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

trajanmax posted:

Even wind seemed to know that the thing *****she**** had to give to the Groke did something? And it had details about the item in the flavor.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

I can't see myself voting OA today.

Nor can I, nor can I see me voting you.

I don’t see me voting Keats either.

Shwinne is who I would be most likely to vote for, followed by TMor, then FoS

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if we have a redirector, why are we taking any clears from cube seriously

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Illusionis posted:

The resident's of Moominvalley had a long day, interrogating each other, cooking, preparing, organizing, harvesting and all manner of mishaps. Finally at the end of the day two small figures stepped forward. Tiuhti and Viuhti had recently arrived in Moominvalley, looking to evade pursuit by the Groke. They made their case once more and pleaded with anybody for help with their problem, but as none came forward with solutions Tiuhti and Viuhti quickly decided to continue their flight, on to new adventures as the residents were left wondering who had been responsible for today's mischief.

WindwardAway, Tiuhti and Viuhti, a Moominvalley-aligned Vanilla, have fled Moominvalley on d1.

You have 24 hours to submit night actions

Illusionis posted:

As another warm morning dawns in Moominvalley a sudden sharp cry of pain is heard from the Moominhouse. Rushing to investigate the Moomin find Moominmamma laying on the kitchen floor holding her ankle. Around her lie several empty glass bottles that somebody had apparently arranged on the kitchen floor. Mamma had stepped on one in the dark kitchen and rolled her ankle. Mamma's ankle is clearly badly sprained and she will have to stay inside recuperating for the next few days. This is a disaster as Mamma was in charge of coordinating both the cooking efforts and decorations for the festival and the rest of the residents will now have to scramble to make up for her absence. The mood among the residents was also beginning to turn from suspicious, but a little amused to rising anger towards the saboteurs. Targeting the always kind and selflessly helpful Moominmamma was a step too far!

Hambeet, Moominmamma, a Moominvalley-aligned Cook has sprained her ankle on night 2

Day 3 has begun Deadline is currently set at 11pm UTC+2 on Tuesday.

These are the two flips that have shown items. All the items mentioned herein have specific details, while it is not defined what exactly the ruby does, it’s clear it has a function other than being:

shwinnebego posted:

It sparkles and changes colors and I spent the whole night zero before the game staring at it.

(It’s clearly just a flavorful device that amounts to a verifiable transferable night action. If it does anything else mechanically there was no indication of that in my mod chat)

In no way shape or form do I believe Shwinne.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

trajanmax posted:

These are the two flips that have shown items. All the items mentioned herein have specific details, while it is not defined what exactly the ruby does, it’s clear it has a function other than being:

In no way shape or form do I believe Shwinne.

Go back to the flips I quoted above to see the whole flavor that talks about the items.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Johnny Keats posted:

By the way whatever item I assumed Shwin gave me night 1 got stolen last night before I could use it

I had forgot about this. Keats any thing to say on my theory of Shwinnes Shell causing the redirect with OA & Mae.

shwinnebego posted:

It sparkles and changes colors and I spent the whole night zero before the game staring at it.

Was it a watch or a spyglass?

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

I am inclined to think Keats is town.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

If Traj is scum, they're playing well this game.

Should we be assuming FoS, Keats, Traj, TMor all by default claiming VT?

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

And Shwinne? Or are we assuming Shwinne would claim other than Vanilla due to the items?

Otherwise I’d say that is a safe bet.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

trajanmax posted:

And Shwinne? Or are we assuming Shwinne would claim other than Vanilla due to the items?

Otherwise I’d say that is a safe bet.

Shwinn claimed to pass a "useless" seashell, which isn't quite VT.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

CubicalSucrose posted:

Town has a Tracker, OA, a “Cop”, You, a Roleblocker/Doc/Bodyguard sorta weird role, Ham and a Backup, Hal. Oh and Josef was an outright Bodyguard.

That seems a normal compliment of power roles for a game this size. If Shwinne is a scum role that can give out items that can affect night actions, that seems a pretty right game setup. Other two scum would likely be vanilla scum.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Shwinne, FoS and TMor all seem to be posting similarly which makes me think they are all scum. Keats seems to be in contrast from that.

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Somebody must be the item giver but they can almost surely give multiple items and maybe can continue to do so even now? So whatever, I don't need a claim unless we're about to vote you out.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Johnny Keats posted:

Somebody must be the item giver but they can almost surely give multiple items and maybe can continue to do so even now? So whatever, I don't need a claim unless we're about to vote you out.

Oh I don’t want you to claim. I’m actually more interesting in your opinion on if you think this thing Shwinne gave Mae may be the reason for the misdirect on Night two. I think figuring that out is meaningful.

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

CubicalSucrose posted:

Shwinn claimed to pass a "useless" seashell, which isn't quite VT.

My card literally says I’m vanilla town despite starting w the shell

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

I’m doing this after a lot of deliberation and thought.

##Vote: Shwinne

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

trajanmax posted:

Oh I don’t want you to claim. I’m actually more interesting in your opinion on if you think this thing Shwinne gave Mae may be the reason for the misdirect on Night two. I think figuring that out is meaningful.

I have no idea but the notion that it does nothing at all is probably not true. Even if Shwin doesnt know what it does

Johnny Keats
Jan 24, 2023

Cube are you there?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Wind is also a vanilla that started with an item

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Wind is also a vanilla that started with an item

Somtown have all of those power roles, and Shwinne who can give out items and scum just get one night kill?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I thought we had a redirector?

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

I thought we had a redirector?

A scum one, Shwinne

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Tbh I think Obama is the redirector

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Explain why.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't believe their tracker claim, that's all.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

or you're lying? pretty neat that youre the only one that got redirected

OA is also the only person confirmed to have gotten an item, a distracting colorful shell, from Shwinne.

trajanmax
Apr 19, 2007

trajanmax posted:

OA is also the only person confirmed to have gotten an item, a distracting colorful shell, from Shwinne.

Well Mae who tried to give it to OA

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Johnny Keats posted:

Cube are you there?

Yeah what's up?

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm definitely inclined to vote Obama

The only issue is that he was so proactive and specific in claiming to have tracked Maer to the kill

I don't know OA well enough to have a sense of whether that's in his scumplay wheelhouse

It's definitely bold and even a bit gambit-y

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

I'm torn on trajan

First game with them so I can't tell if they're scum or wrongtown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shwinnebego
Jul 11, 2002

trajanmax posted:

But does it? Shwinne give the shell to Mae, Mae tries to give it to you, instead you track Mae to Ham. Given this and the fact that Shwinne claims that it has no purpose to his knowledge.

Honestly this makes me want to look somewhere other than Obama today (regardless of trajan's alignment)

I'm still feelin my earlier FOS ping