Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

King Burgundy posted:

Oh poo poo, how did I miss that? Then I think you are as close to confirmed as can be.

Nah. He's on the townier side of things but he's still not removed from suspicion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

Wtf is a one-shot vanilla town? One-shot of what?

One shot of espresso to go with the vanilla.

Fast Luck posted:

Why would the game be doomed from killing a vanilla townie?

Well then you wouldn't see my avatar anymore, and honestly there's no reason to play after that.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

dorkanoid posted:

I don't think Rarity would have set herself up as the main target then...

Exactly, so it doesn't make sense for DBD and Rarity to both be scum going after each other that hard.

~~

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

EccoRaven posted:

Exactly, so it doesn't make sense for DBD and Rarity to both be scum going after each other that hard.

~~

It makes very little sense for DBD not to shoot Rarity, unless they're both scum.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

dorkanoid posted:

It makes very little sense for DBD not to shoot Rarity, unless they're both scum.

With the gun from the inventor who apparently only dispensed one item.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

dorkanoid posted:

Well then you wouldn't see my avatar anymore, and honestly there's no reason to play after that.
That's OK, I'll bookmark this post.
##vote dorkanoid

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Fast Luck posted:

##vote dorkanoid

:ghost: this game is doomed :ghost:

Ardulac
May 31, 2005

"There is a difference between fear and caution."

Fast Luck posted:

##vote dorkanoid
How rude, hammering just after I caught up. But yeah, Dorkanoid seemed to be doing the same "Oh noes dont lynch me because no reason hehe" flailing as the rest of the Scum team so far.

My money is on the inventor being some sort of survivor or something by the way, which explains why they wouldn't claim. Otherwise, I don't see why a Scum inventor would give Town a functional Dayvig.

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

Ardulac posted:

How rude, hammering just after I caught up. But yeah, Dorkanoid seemed to be doing the same "Oh noes dont lynch me because no reason hehe" flailing as the rest of the Scum team so far.

My money is on the inventor being some sort of survivor or something by the way, which explains why they wouldn't claim. Otherwise, I don't see why a Scum inventor would give Town a functional Dayvig.

There's only so many ways to make "vanilla town" sound exciting

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Right so if dork is vanilla then we have an Exciting Situation developing.

I hope there's only one nightkill so I can continue thinking Pig is full of it.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:munch:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

dorkanoid
Dec 21, 2004

:ohdear:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:holymoley:

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

:wotwot:

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
:negative:
:qq:
:psyduck:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:yosbutt:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
:duckie:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
:regd08:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:catdrugs:

:birddrugs:

:goatdrugs:

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
If Rarity was my scumbuddy, I wouldn't have voted her first thing (when Ecco came in and did the VOTE RARITY stuff) when there was legit 3 options besides that (Mag, Ice, Cpig, excluding myself) after going at each other for the entire game after I made the wrong kill choice.

Seriously. That makes no sense. I can see going at her and then refusing to vote her. Killing her would make me look better if that was my ultimate goal out of that situation.

Between DHD and Magnus I immediately went after Mag very early.

Only scum I didn't really get into was MEDS/Betrayer since Mon-Wed my activity is spotty since I can't post from work or anything. However I did make a post about how his " opinion list" was something that all scum do, and he did that - the only caveat was that he was active. So unless you think I'm bussing people to that extent, I swear to you I'm not scum.

ALSO TT

:ramsay:
:gooncamp:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
dorkanoid post the flip yourself let's take over this bitch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Rarity posted:

dorkanoid post the flip yourself let's take over this bitch

I just woke up :chillout:

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

First, it was over. There was no doubt. The mope copped to murder, assault, obstruction of justice, tampering with a witness, and everything short of jaywalking. His crew was demolished, and there was no point in pretending anymore.

Outside the office, McNulty sat on a bench once purposed for a bus stop. The line had been canceled. His mind drifted.

"All this, and it's not even over. Not really."

Dorkanoid, Roland "Wee-Bey" Brice, Scum-aligned Roleblocker and One-shot Wire Disruptor was lynched D6.

The game is finished! The Game never ends.

Dr. Hurt, Jimmy McNulty, Tracker VT has won the game.
Fast Luck, Ellis Carver, Delayed One-Shot Forensic Investigator has won the game.
King Burgundy, Slim Charles, One-Shot Dayvig has won the game.
DHD, Frank Sobotka, VT has won the game.
Ardulac, Cedric Daniels, One-Shot Modified Reviver has won the game.
Ecco, Petyr Baelish Tommy Carcetti, VT has won the game.
CapPig, D'Angelo Barksdale, Doctor has won the game.

Deadbeat Dad, Omar Little, Self-Aligned Survivor, Two-Shot Hider, Two-Shot Vig, One-Shot BP has fulfilled his win condition.

All dead town players have posthumously won the game. Dugong has fulfilled his secondary win condition.

Mod Doc.
Scum Doc.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Yay!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sorry LM, truly didn't give a poo poo who I shot, but I wish I still shot Rarity.

thanks for game TT!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Ahhh so it was DBD with the 3P role that made last night confusing. Something was weird about that guy being gifted a gun by a nonexistent inventor!! I can't believe how high our hit % was on lynches.

Thanks TT, was cool game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Sweet, I was right about Magnus for longer than everyone else, my personal victory after shooting Opop the dumb bus driver. ;)

Good game!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

As far as reflections, I think it was difficult to expect just what might have been given away by scum and what hadn't. In the scope of things I feel like scum wasn't as overpowered as their flips devoid of context might have suggested. Despite the vigs, they didn't have an SK killing town and had to hypothetically deal with some pretty strong town prs.

I don't like to single out MVPs as I feel like collective efforts dictate the game but I really enjoyed Ecco's self-assigned post restriction. Another bit onto that was somewhere where it seemed Meds was using a scum hypothetical to talk directly to scumbuddies and if so that was a brilliant moment.

Also, on the one-shot being rb'd and nevertheless used up- It was a flavor decision to fit the theme of the show, therer were a couple other wrinkles that I didn't mention in PMs that altogether weren't used. Ex: If scum killed Namond, Wee-Bey'd have turned himself in, Pig had a 25% chance of killing the attacker on a stopped kill.

t a s t e fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 18, 2014

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And of course, thanks to everyone for playing, I hope you enjoyed it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

It might be in the docs you linked, I haven't checked yet, but can you explain the wire mechanics?

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
This was a fun game to follow! I love me some Wire and it's always neat to see the balance philosophy of "if everything is overpowered, nothing is overpowered" at work.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Sure.

Cell phones would give away the most info if caught but allowed all 4 scum to use their special abilities.
Payphones gave away less if caught, but only three could use special abilities.
Meetings gave away very little but only two could use abilities.

Each time caught the wire would progressively give away "better" info as I judged it.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

And of course thanks to Soru for originally building the game and mechanics that I based this on!

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
This game was fun. I had fun at least.

gently caress all yall townies doe

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I had fun for the day and a half I was in. :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I like the idea of idea of Omar being self-aligned and Prop Joe being a mason recruiter :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Thanks, Taste! This was a really fun game to play and watch! Way to let the team down, scumbros :argh:

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Sorry LM, truly didn't give a poo poo who I shot, but I wish I still shot Rarity.

I'm sorry I tunneled you so hard, I didn't plan on it but other people kept pulling me back towards you.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wolery posted:

This was a fun game to follow! I love me some Wire and it's always neat to see the balance philosophy of "if everything is overpowered, nothing is overpowered" at work.
Ecco was town vanilla but he was overpowered anyway :classiclol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
This was awesome! Thanks tt , the bend of this game also coincided with the finale of the show that I just finished not even an hour ago.

So thanks for the game and thanks for inspiring me to watch the show again. :)

Now I have to find a different show to binge on. :(

• Locked thread