Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
we might want to prod people on that missing nk action from earler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.

Tired Moritz posted:

okay deathcob, your role is believable now

What? Why?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
So something strange happened last night.

I lied about my role being a one-shot - my sensory power was actually a two-shot, but I had to wait 3 days/nights to use it again. Last night was my first chance to use it again, so I opted to do so.

As my dude went to use his magic sensory powers, my head was hit by immense pain, then curled up in a ball and blacked out. I was told my action failed.

Did I get RB'd? Are there no scum left, and only an SK so my dudes head exploded trying to figure it out? No idea, but thats what happened, and I lost my second use :(

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I LOVE WORDS. THAT'S ALL.

Tired Moritz posted:

??

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

TMor, could you explain your role again please? Are you vengeful or is there some sort of wrinkle to it?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

So something strange happened last night.

I lied about my role being a one-shot - my sensory power was actually a two-shot, but I had to wait 3 days/nights to use it again. Last night was my first chance to use it again, so I opted to do so.

As my dude went to use his magic sensory powers, my head was hit by immense pain, then curled up in a ball and blacked out. I was told my action failed.

Did I get RB'd? Are there no scum left, and only an SK so my dudes head exploded trying to figure it out? No idea, but thats what happened, and I lost my second use :(

Hmmmmmmmm

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

TMor, would you still get to pick someone to go down with you today? Or did you have to lock that in at some point?

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I get to pick someone to die with me if I get eliminated during the day

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

SporkChan posted:

TMor, would you still get to pick someone to go down with you today? Or did you have to lock that in at some point?

I never got locked in. I assumed I would just submit it when I get actually get :redhammer:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So assuming my sensor ability was correct (I know it's an if):

AFQM Voters (1 scum): wins, starbarry, monathin, hal, pmuzz, pinterest, cob, RWC, Egalz, Sandy, Josef

3 alive

Non AFQM Voters (3-4 scum?): Spork, Hum, merk, TM, Toal, Maer, AFQM, Chic, MQ, Mr. F!

4 alive

IF my results are correct, then myself, cob, and egalz are town, as Hal was the one scum

That means that Spork, hum, merk, or TM contain the last scum

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Tired Moritz posted:

this is a sudden change

I have my thoughts as to why you did this quick u-turn but elaborating would be good

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

death cob for cutie posted:

I'm not getting any interesting insights on a reread. I feel kinda bad - between starting my new job and some of what happened in-game, I'm a lil checked out.

I'm a Beloved Princess. Killing me during the day ends the day without execution; killing me at night skips the next day phase. I wasn't sure when to claim this, but it feels like later was better than earlier.

Keane was my mason pal at the beginning of the game - that's how I got the vig, I grabbed his revolver when he died. This wasn't an action I elected to take; taste just gave it to me. Not getting an immediate flip from using it kinda tempered the joy I was getting from the game, and so many night actions is making it hard to think/follow along with the game. sowwy :<

I still think this is the most suspicious role but my scan makes me hesitate to declare cob is scum

It's cob or tmor imo

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

My elite Wins-Praised (tm) Josef Scumdar is saying it's:

Tmor
Maer
Toal

I'm 2 for 3 so I wanna be 3 for 3

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
being able to randomly generate oneshots seems a bit off. sometimes it's 1x, sometimes 2x, etc. spork and egalz should confirm if they actually did visit rwc night 2.
vague speaking about a masonry when you should just out it by now

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

JosefStalinator posted:

I'm 2 for 3 so I wanna be 3 for 3

not gonna happen but ill murder deathcob for you

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Tired Moritz posted:

being able to randomly generate oneshots seems a bit off. sometimes it's 1x, sometimes 2x, etc. spork and egalz should confirm if they actually did visit rwc night 2.

We already did in thread when Hum first asked :)

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok, I floated this idea to spork in our masonry but someone tell me if there's a downside to this:

I think we can all agree the last(???) killer is somewhere within tmor, death cob, and merk (I guess technically I could be scum but c'mon). What if we vote TMor, have them vengeful merk, and if somehow we haven't gotten that last killer I can redirect death cob to me. Unless they have 2 juggernauts they can't kill me. If I don't get alerted my BP is gone (and someone still dies) then we know it's not death cob (and it's one of josef, egalz, spork). If a BP doesn't get expended and no one else dies or a BP gets expended we know it's death cob.

Why vengeful merk over death cob? just in case death cob is telling the truth so we don't throw the game lol

I'm not proofreading any of this

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

JosefStalinator posted:

I still think this is the most suspicious role but my scan makes me hesitate to declare cob is scum

It's cob or tmor imo

to be fair - it's not a novel role

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess

Tired Moritz posted:

not gonna happen but ill murder deathcob for you

so my role is believable but also you're willing to kill me?

##vote Tired Moritz you're in the sensor list, you are making no sense today

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

they confirmed it day 3 and then again day 4 lmao

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

tmor floating the idea that I'm the last scum after I spent day 2 and day 3 shouting to vote out maerlyn, then turned around and shot hal night 5 after saying we should vote out toalpaz on day 6

this would be incredibly ballsy scum play from me

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

death cob for cutie posted:

to be fair - it's not a novel role

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Beloved_Princess

so my role is believable but also you're willing to kill me?

##vote Tired Moritz you're in the sensor list, you are making no sense today

yes! yes!

im very keen to blow up deathcob but I'm gonna wait for everyone to chime in. fyi, my role explicitly says that I kill them so people might want to prod deathcob on the wording on their PM if getting killed during the day counts.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

also all the 1-shots were given to me by other players, EGalz for sure (she confirmed them in this very thread) and then I believe PMom gave me the empower.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ok we can't vote out TMor today because they will throw the game for town

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok, I floated this idea to spork in our masonry but someone tell me if there's a downside to this:

I think we can all agree the last(???) killer is somewhere within tmor, death cob, and merk (I guess technically I could be scum but c'mon). What if we vote TMor, have them vengeful merk, and if somehow we haven't gotten that last killer I can redirect death cob to me. Unless they have 2 juggernauts they can't kill me. If I don't get alerted my BP is gone (and someone still dies) then we know it's not death cob (and it's one of josef, egalz, spork). If a BP doesn't get expended and no one else dies or a BP gets expended we know it's death cob.

Why vengeful merk over death cob? just in case death cob is telling the truth so we don't throw the game lol

I'm not proofreading any of this

This seems like a fun and tasty plan

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mr. Humalong posted:

also all the 1-shots were given to me by other players, EGalz for sure (she confirmed them in this very thread) and then I believe PMom gave me the empower.

oh that makes more sense.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Humalong posted:

I also got a 1-shot from egalz

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Mr. Humalong posted:

ok we can't vote out TMor today because they will throw the game for town

lmao no way, if everyone agree with killing merk, I would. but deathcob is scum, Im not taking responsibility.

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

I am the gift that keeps on giving

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Do we have all of PMom's empowers accounted for? I'll check posts if necessary, but was wondering if anyone else had kept tabs?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hum what was your role again? I am lazy to go find the claim

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

JosefStalinator posted:

Hum what was your role again? I am lazy to go find the claim

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am a town gambler, each night I get to pick who I think will get night killed or who I think will be voted out the next day. If I'm correct I receive a boon.

Night 1 I guess shwinn and, thanks to keats, was correct and received 2x bulletproof. I was also given a 1-shot watch.
Night 2 I used the watch on RWC and saw spork, egalz, and hal visit her.
Night 3 I guessed Mr. F! would die. My action was successful but I was wrong.
Night 4 I guessed wins would die since I think at that point he had 2 non-town results on people. My action failed and I received a 1-shot vig.
Night 5 I used the vig on Hal. I also got added to a masonry and received both a one-shot masonizer and a one-shot empower.
Night 6 I predicted death cob would get voted out today. I was told I get a second guess and I also received a 1-shot redirect. I predicted TM might also get voted out today.

Basically I got a lot of fuckin 1-shots at my disposal.

Currently I am suspicious of death cob, TM, and merk. I firmly believe egalz is town. I'm reasonably sure spork and josef are town. Despite my guesses, I have hesitations about voting either of them today.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I'll admit my half-baked plan is partially so I see what cool boon I get for being right.

But also it would help us find the last killer.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Reason I'm asking is that if there is only 1 killer, SK or scum, they killed PMom last night.

EGalz has a confirmed night action, giving hum an item.
I have a confirmed night action, starting a masonry with Josef.

Josef claimed a power that failed.
hum claimed a power that can't be verified.
cob and TMor both claim no night actions.
When merk checks in their result can only be verified by killing their claimed target.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm down to vote Tmor, but I'm not entirely convinced merk is the right blowup target

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

So if we can find all of PMom's empowers and know that neither EGalz or I have one, we can be pretty certain neither of us are killers.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
should we ask why josef got roleblocked last night tho

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

SporkChan posted:

Do we have all of PMom's empowers accounted for? I'll check posts if necessary, but was wondering if anyone else had kept tabs?

He claimed most of them, but I also didn't wrote them all down
N1-Himself
N2-Monathin
N3-Wins
N4-
N5-Me

EGalz18
Aug 5, 2023

^^write

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

should we ask why josef got roleblocked last night tho

yes, I am asking this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

Mr. Humalong posted:

I am a town gambler, each night I get to pick who I think will get night killed or who I think will be voted out the next day. If I'm correct I receive a boon.

Night 1 I guess shwinn and, thanks to keats, was correct and received 2x bulletproof. I was also given a 1-shot watch.
Night 2 I used the watch on RWC and saw spork, egalz, and hal visit her.
Night 3 I guessed Mr. F! would die. My action was successful but I was wrong.
Night 4 I guessed wins would die since I think at that point he had 2 non-town results on people. My action failed and I received a 1-shot vig.
Night 5 I used the vig on Hal. I also got added to a masonry and received both a one-shot masonizer and a one-shot empower.
Night 6 I predicted death cob would get voted out today. I was told I get a second guess and I also received a 1-shot redirect. I predicted TM might also get voted out today.

Basically I got a lot of fuckin 1-shots at my disposal.

Currently I am suspicious of death cob, TM, and merk. I firmly believe egalz is town. I'm reasonably sure spork and josef are town. Despite my guesses, I have hesitations about voting either of them today.

EGalz18 posted:

He claimed most of them, but I also didn't wrote them all down
N1-Himself
N2-Monathin
N3-Wins
N4-
N5-Me

You can't have both gotten an empower on N5