Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

I put the over/under on my death at 48 hours if I get my hands on the snowmobuggy. They'll find me at the bottom of a snowy ravine, with one clenched fist out the window, a poo poo-eating grin on my face, and my foot shoved right through the floorboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Drives like my mother

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/cto/4808747801.html

Actually looks like a decent deal.

Nohearum
Nov 2, 2013

angryhampster posted:

Drives like my mother

I'm confused. What does he mean by "Call make offer before the new models are out"?

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Nohearum posted:

I'm confused. What does he mean by "Call make offer before the new models are out"?

Gotta hurry before those 1988s hit the road and gently caress up the pricing!

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Possible gold? I know the paint's shot, but if it doesn't have any rust and I can get a rough verification on the mileage...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4829565860.html

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Sinestro posted:

Gotta hurry before those 1988s hit the road and gently caress up the pricing!

"New Tercels are in early this year!"

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

blk posted:

Possible gold? I know the paint's shot, but if it doesn't have any rust and I can get a rough verification on the mileage...

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4829565860.html

Gold? No way, but it might be an OK buy for that price

driguy
Feb 16, 2009

In The Pit!

angryhampster posted:

Drives like my mother

It's not a totally poo poo deal but the carb/vacuum/emissions system on those is a loving nightmare, full of special snowflake/NLA parts. Unless someone swapped in a weber 32/36, in which case :getin:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:stare: Wausau is like 30 min from here. I really wanna check this thing out.

who is spain
Oct 28, 2010

Casu Marzu posted:

:stare: Wausau is like 30 min from here. I really wanna check this thing out.

Yeah do it! Post a test drive video. I want to see where/how the 4.3/th350 is in there. Unless I'm reading the ad wrong and that's referring to a different car.

Here's a beauty from the other side of Wisconsin.

http://sheboygan.craigslist.org/cto/4787709767.html

who is spain fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 3, 2015

Superuser008
Feb 7, 2011

who is spain posted:

Yeah do it! Post a test drive video. I want to see where/how the 4.3/th350 is in there. Unless I'm reading the ad wrong and that's referring to a different car.

...is that some kind of TV in the back of it?

G-Mach
Feb 6, 2011

Superuser008 posted:

...is that some kind of TV in the back of it?

How else are you going to watch the Packer's game while tailgating?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

"rust free, body is strait", $6,900

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That body is pretty goddamned queer.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Just put up a feeler ad for my Subaru SVX. Put in a little extra "Interesting trades considered." Can't wait to see what garbage people consider interesting trades :munch:

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

Just put up a feeler ad for my Subaru SVX. Put in a little extra "Interesting trades considered." Can't wait to see what garbage people consider interesting trades :munch:

When I sell the Vibe I'll probably do the same. Of course, its value is approaching that of a ham sandwich and a pack of gum so it should be a barrel of laughs at that point.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Tommychu posted:

When I sell the Vibe I'll probably do the same. Of course, its value is approaching that of a ham sandwich and a pack of gum so it should be a barrel of laughs at that point.

Go buy the Toyota badges from the GM dealer and convert it over.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Actually when one of my neighbours did some midnight bodywork to it* I priced out a complete Matrix front clip. Would have been cheaper than Vibe parts but I couldn't figure out what to do about the cladding.
*nobody knows how to parallel park around here, and I live in the 'hood so I doubt most of them even have insurance. That's also the main factor in its worthlessness, the GM tax is only worth about a grand but the damage takes 2k off it.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jan 4, 2015

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Oh, run the bitch into the ground. Based on what I know of your neighborhood you can probably sell that thing for full freight to some ghetto idiot if you get it detailed first.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

who is spain posted:

Holy poo poo thats something.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Oh guaranteed. There's two things I love about this neighbourhood- the awesome Vietnamese food and the plethora of stupid hicks to sell junk to for too much money. Hell it's worth more with the Pontiac badge on it up until I drive about 4km in any direction.

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

Powershift posted:

"rust free, body is strait", $6,900

Gotta ask what that is, I like the shape. Reverse image search turned up nothing.

At first I thought Fiat or Alfa but that angles rear quarter glass says no is it an older volvo?

The wheels are giving me serious Fiat vibes

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Datsun 510

blk
Dec 19, 2009
I don't need another tiny sports car but this little guy is really calling my name. It all seems very low-BS and a fair price.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271729755435

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

blk posted:

I don't need another tiny sports car but this little guy is really calling my name. It all seems very low-BS and a fair price.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271729755435

Heh, I was looking at the same car about 30 minutes ago, but it's too far away from me. Seems like a good driver that needs some minor interior work. As with all AW11's the killer is rust, so try to get some pictures of the bottom of the trunk/frunk if you're considering buying it.

i own every Bionicle
Oct 23, 2005

cstm ttle? kthxbye
Oh hey I can't pay for my two year old car with 37,000 miles on it, how about you give me more than it was worth new for it since I cracked the bumper and the suspension is hosed up?

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4775061751.html

quote:

The car is in great shame

At least he got that right

Joe Mama
May 10, 2008

Wojcigitty posted:

Oh hey I can't pay for my two year old car with 37,000 miles on it, how about you give me more than it was worth new for it since I cracked the bumper and the suspension is hosed up?

I love this poo poo. "Trucks weren't cool to me anymore so I moved on to hella sick tite rally poo poo yo. I'm an idiot for thinking my McDonalds paycheck could cover the loan an even bigger idiot gave me on it. Give me money for it lol yolo."

fakeaccount
Jun 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wojcigitty posted:

http://nh.craigslist.org/cto/4775061751.html

At least he got that right

You couldn't pay me to take that car off his hands with that list of molestations and mechanical hexes he's hosed that thing up with.

I get a little bit of satisfaction out of this, honestly. Knowing how much money he's going to lose on this gilded toilet.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Based on how the ad is written, I'm guessing the current owner didn't do most of the modifications.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He probably convinced a parent or relative to cosign on the loan.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah if your financial acumen is so bad that you have to get out from a car just a couple months from buying it, someone else is on that loan.

I wonder how much he got hosed for. One time I saw a bill of sale/finance agreement for ~22% APR on a used PT Cruiser. I imagine this guy is on something similar.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bovril Delight posted:

Yeah if your financial acumen is so bad that you have to get out from a car just a couple months from buying it, someone else is on that loan.

I wonder how much he got hosed for. One time I saw a bill of sale/finance agreement for ~22% APR on a used PT Cruiser. I imagine this guy is on something similar.

I see ads all the time with something along the lines of they only want what they owe on the loan and it's usually some crazy amount.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Bovril Delight posted:

$45k altima comes to mind

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Gorson posted:

Heh, I was looking at the same car about 30 minutes ago, but it's too far away from me. Seems like a good driver that needs some minor interior work. As with all AW11's the killer is rust, so try to get some pictures of the bottom of the trunk/frunk if you're considering buying it.

I'd really like to, but I think I'm going to pass. I was considering it on the basis of a grey-weather counterpart to the Miata, but putting a mid-engine car that loves to rust (we don't salt our roads here, but who knows) with a roof design that loves to leak in rainy driving situations probably isn't the best bet, and I don't have garage space. I could do it in summer but I already have the Miata and like the drop top for that kind of weather.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people
If I hadnt just bought my M3 id really be thinking about this. When I priced it out the parts to do it were near $10k and that wasnt even doing as much as this guy did. I think ive autocrossed with the seller before too.
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4829612041.html

quote:

okay guys... considering putting my car up for sale. I'm graduating this semester and I have just lost interest in it. If it doesn't sell, that's ok, maybe love will be found again. Details are listed below.

1990 Mazda Miata base. Clean title. Located in Charlotte, NC!
This is a FULL TURN KEY car. no buttons, no switches, just turn key and drive like stock.

Fun stuff:
2000 LS1 with right at 5000 miles.. yes, FIVE thousand miles on rebuild. I have pictures of entire tear down and build. completely rebuild.
~~stock ls1 with shorty headers.
~T56 transmission with oem clutch (5k on it).
~Tech Rods NEW standalone harness. EVERYTHING new.
~Harness also ties in the factory miata coolant fans ran by the LS1 ecu.
~Custom install of C5 air intake.
~aluminum Radiator.

Drive line components:
V8R everything: V8 roadsters front subframe, frame rails, fuel kit, and Getrag CTS diff mount kit.
~~3.42 cts LSD rear end.
~~ 1 piece steel driveshaft

Suspension/wheels/tires:
~Koni Race struts with Ground Control coilovers. Fat cat bump stops and NB top hats.
~1.8 sport brakes with Stainless steel lines and Carbotech race pads (all 4 corners).
All control arms have serviceable (grease fittings) Prothane urethane bushings.
~ 15x9 +28 Advanti Storm 1's (12.2 lbs) with 225-45-15 RS3's. Nearly new.

Additional:
Hard Dog Roll bar, Single diagonal.
Kirky Race seat (not for the big guys).
Sparco sued Wheel with NRG quick detach.
GV replica Front lip
SCCA approved Front tow hook.
Spec miata OEM hardtop.
Fiberglass duck bill lightweight trunk.
Flying miata hood vents.
Im sure there is more than I can remember.

Issues:
~oil pan has a slight leak
~No AC, PS or heat
~paint was never a concern for me.
~currently, the exhaust isn't the nicest.
~needs a new alignment
~could use rear bracing has it likes to wheel up under hard throttle.

Overall Pros:
~Car cranks, idles and revs/drive
~ All lights, even reverse work.
~Wipers, Radio, windows (manual) all work.
~OBD2 works great.

Please call/text me if you are EXTREMELY interested.
Price is set at $15k firm. There isn't another one with my mods for less in the entire country. The car is 95% street/track ready.

Trades, i'd consider would be LSX cars near my value and in very good condtion. Vettes, cts-v's, or anything that You HONESTLY think would be a good trade offer.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

blk posted:

I'd really like to, but I think I'm going to pass. I was considering it on the basis of a grey-weather counterpart to the Miata, but putting a mid-engine car that loves to rust (we don't salt our roads here, but who knows) with a roof design that loves to leak in rainy driving situations probably isn't the best bet, and I don't have garage space. I could do it in summer but I already have the Miata and like the drop top for that kind of weather.

I daily drove my 1985 MR2 even in the snow and it had nary a lick of rust. Ignore the panicked cries of the poor souls in the rustbelt; in those parts of the country, every car has a rust problem. :haw:

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Sadi posted:

If I hadnt just bought my M3 id really be thinking about this. When I priced it out the parts to do it were near $10k and that wasnt even doing as much as this guy did. I think ive autocrossed with the seller before too.
http://columbia.craigslist.org/cto/4829612041.html

That car needs a lot of of love for 15k firm. Also lol @ avanti wheels.

Sadi
Jan 18, 2005
SC - Where there are more rednecks than people

Octopus Magic posted:

That car needs a lot of of love for 15k firm. Also lol @ avanti wheels.
Depends. If you're looking for a autocross and track toy it's pretty close. If you're looking for a DD it's probably not the right car. That said I don't think I've ever seen a properly done LS swap miata under 15.

Leroy Diplowski
Aug 25, 2005

The Candyman Can :science:

Visit My Candy Shop

And SA Mart Thread

lol, this guy thinks he can get 55K for his miata

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/cto/4827226758.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The miata is pretty much an SUV next to that thing.