Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Excels posted:

One thing you can always count on with Japanese voice acting is Kana Hanazawa.

I would not count out the possibility that they made Golden just to fit her in there (she played Marie). She is seriously in loving everything.

She's really good in Seki-kun, though. I don't mind her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

BottledBodhisvata posted:

:negative:

F-forgive me sempai!

It's senpai, god it's like you haven't even put 100s of hours into Persona.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo, gently caress Pluto. I've been kind of breezing through SMTIV but gently caress this boss.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

MrAristocrates posted:

Holy poo poo, gently caress Pluto. I've been kind of breezing through SMTIV but gently caress this boss.

The next boss is EVEN BETTER! :cawg:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Well, that nightmare is finally over.

e: Oh, I had a Bind Nullify accessory in my inventory this whole time! :suicide:

Arist fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jun 29, 2014

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
SMTIV? Yeah I didn't like it much either past the initial wow factor and the rad OST.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

SMT4 is a good game, it's just not a great one.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
It's a very straightforward SMT with the best refinements on battles and fusions and it has good atmosphere and good polish.

Somehow it's not too memorable--the story lacks twists, perhaps? It's almost too...predicatably SMT, especially since we've seen the same story told in both Survivor and Strange Journey to better effect.

But goddamn the OST is awesome.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
It's got all the ingredients to be amazing, it just ends up as a great example of being less than the sum of your parts.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop
I thought i was done with Ken's slink but apparently not. :stonklol:

drat it Ken you know that talk we had in the previous SLink about how you need to be a few years older so its not creepy as poo poo? What happened to that? At least the game explicitly states "You spent a long time talking with Ken...", so it makes it slightly less creepier.

drat it Junpei this is all your fault.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That talking part was not in the JP version.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

No, it's entirely your fault.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't blame Junpei for not wanting to hook up with a pedophile.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Beef Waifu posted:

That talking part was not in the JP version.

:negative:

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, it's entirely your fault.

Of course it is my fault. How was i supposed to know about those lovers flags for Akihiko?

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

You didn't have to take a romance path man

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You have to intentionally seek a romance as it's only after you max the S. Link, you only have yourself to blame.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

UberJumper posted:

Of course it is my fault. How was i supposed to know about those lovers flags for Akihiko?

That forces you to romance Ken in what way?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wait, did UberJumper seriously accidentally romance someone again?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

No this time it was on purpose because he messed up romancing Akihiko and gotta romance somebody is guess?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
All these underage boys just keep falling into my arms!

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Manatee Cannon posted:

That forces you to romance Ken in what way?

Its ether that or have the FeMC be alone for the rest of the game?

Nate RFB posted:

Nope i picked Ken because i had no one who i actually could romance left. I don't want her to be alone on valentines day :smith:.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Single Female Leader,
Fighting for her friends,
Wearing sexy miniskirts,
And being self-reliant

Single Female Leader,
Having lots of sex.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

UberJumper posted:

Nope i picked Ken because i had no one who i actually could romance left. I don't want her to be alone on valentines day :smith:.

the game ends in january. there is no valentines day

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

UberJumper posted:

Pedophilia: better than being alone.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

UberJumper posted:

You still got Aigis and one other dude

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Don't romance Ken.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Saagonsa posted:

You still got Aigis and one other dude

I am on December 31st, and if the game ends in January i must have missed her social link. :smith:

Other dude: Ryoji i skipped one of his dates, then he disappeared so i am pretty sure i am locked out of the romance thing with him. Shinjiro is a vegetable and hasn't been mentioned in a very long time.

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

UberJumper posted:

I am on December 31st, and if the game ends in January i must have missed her social link. :smith:

Other dude: Ryoji i skipped one of his dates, then he disappeared so i am pretty sure i am locked out of the romance thing with him. Shinjiro is a vegetable and hasn't been mentioned in a very long time.

Her social link starts on like January 1st

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Saagonsa posted:

Her social link starts on like January 1st

Well in that case i am just going to reload an older save. Cause gently caress Ken and him being so pushy.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Why did you date him at all if you didn't like him?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Somehow I don't think we're getting the full story here.

UberJumper
May 20, 2007
woop

Beef Waifu posted:

Why did you date him at all if you didn't like him?

Because i was expecting there to be some cool stuff that happens if you romance someone like in P4. The only person i thought i could romance left was Ken left. I screwed up Akikhiko's lovers route a long long time ago and Shinjiro is a vegetable.

I don't want to miss out on content :v:.

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Reminder uber jumper accidentally romanced yukiko even thought the options are literally "I like you too/I think of you as a friend"

In my defense, i expected there to be something between "i like you", and "I LOVE YOU FOR ALL ETERNITY" like Dragon Age :v:

UberJumper fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 29, 2014

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.
Reminder uber jumper accidentally romanced yukiko even thought the options are literally "I like you too/I think of you as a friend"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't think you're getting it. Don't romance Ken.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

BottledBodhisvata posted:

It's a very straightforward SMT with the best refinements on battles and fusions and it has good atmosphere and good polish.

Somehow it's not too memorable--the story lacks twists, perhaps? It's almost too...predicatably SMT, especially since we've seen the same story told in both Survivor and Strange Journey to better effect.

But goddamn the OST is awesome.

Yeah, OST is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ubj7lzLOWSI

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Million Ghosts posted:

Somehow I don't think we're getting the full story here.

Do we actually want that?

UberJumper, for shame! It's part of the two / three OP's, man: Do NOT date Ken.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
So did the text in Devil Survivor 1 always look janky as hell and I didn't notice or is it an Overclocked thing? Something about it is messing with my eyes, especially for the in-battle interface. Even the text in Devil Survivor 2 at non-native resolution on my XL looks miles better.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
drat, looks like i'm gonna end up single.... better bone up a child

basch
May 24, 2014

Strange Quark posted:

So did the text in Devil Survivor 1 always look janky as hell and I didn't notice or is it an Overclocked thing?
Janky? The original DS1 has a different font for some text (in-battle commands, skill names etc.) from what I remember, but nothing eyesearing. Unless you happen to be emulating in which case I think there's some sort of graphical bug, judging by screenshots I've seen.

And it's not too late for Aigis FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WHY WOULD ANYONE DATE KEN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Strange Quark posted:

So did the text in Devil Survivor 1 always look janky as hell and I didn't notice or is it an Overclocked thing? Something about it is messing with my eyes, especially for the in-battle interface. Even the text in Devil Survivor 2 at non-native resolution on my XL looks miles better.

Overclocked uses a smoother font because of the higher resolution of the 3DS.