Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

blah_blah posted:

Teemo too. I'd argue that Kennen is good in 4 roles (mid/top/ADC/supp), Kayle is good in 3 (top/mid/jungle), Teemo is good in only 2 (top/jungle). Honorable mention to Quinn, who really can't support, but is pretty solid in every other role.

I think TF could count, basically any mid pick can flex top at anything less than professional play (which those champs wouldn't be used in anyways) and he can also play supp/adc. Jungle is a smidge iffy but not as bad as you'd think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

I think TF could count, basically any mid pick can flex top at anything less than professional play (which those champs wouldn't be used in anyways) and he can also play supp/adc. Jungle is a smidge iffy but not as bad as you'd think.

Yeah, good one.

If Lulu could jungle that's arguably one more, though Lulu ADC is stretching the bounds of viability.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

blah_blah posted:

Yeah, good one.

If Lulu could jungle that's arguably one more, though Lulu ADC is stretching the bounds of viability.

Lulu is honestly another one I was thinking but jungle/adc are two roles I've never seen anyone even try playing her. At that point you might as well say that literally anyone with a ranged auto could adc. I wouldn't recommend champs like kennen or tf adc but it's something I've at least seen people do because their kit in some way at least nods to the possibility.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

ArbitraryC posted:

Lulu is honestly another one I was thinking but jungle/adc are two roles I've never seen anyone even try playing her. At that point you might as well say that literally anyone with a ranged auto could adc. I wouldn't recommend champs like kennen or tf adc but it's something I've at least seen people do because their kit in some way at least nods to the possibility.

Kennen has been played in competitive as an ADC in recent memory (you go Bork + Runaans + whatever, rather than a crit build). Lulu and TF are both more of a stretch but they have on-hit effects on their autos so its not completely unreasonable.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
What the gently caress is the huntress sivir splash art lol.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Work Friend Keven posted:

What the gently caress is the huntress sivir splash art lol.

Anime.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Will be interesting to see if there any winrate spikes just from the attack move buff.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Wtf is this remake thing and how does it work

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Before they changed all their poo poo, Kindred could be played anywhere but support

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
From riot about the riven cancelling

quote:

This is a bug, we are investigating a fix. Should be resolved in the next patch at the latest.

Ban or pick riven until fix arrives.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

From riot about the riven cancelling

Ban or pick riven until fix arrives.

If it were too strong they'd just disable her like they do with rengo every patch that breaks him. Right now they could probably buff riven's 1v1 auto chain potential to an absurd degree and all it would really do is make her less fun to play against in lane, she's gonna stay sub 50 because she's not a team player and the kind of people who bother to play her will throw games by 1v5ing no matter how much of a lead they get.

She's basically a champion designed for smurfs to style with and not much more.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Riven was barely sub 50% win rate (49.98) in patch 6.17 but has otherwise been over 50% forever, and people with a lot of games on her have a 54% win rate already. So that's not really accurate at all

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Actually shes bad because of... team playing, and... emotions. Frankly I think you sound burt hurt as gently caress.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Rest in peace 15 hp/5 base Riven you were only in the game for like one month of my playing it and I still mourn your loss.

Not as much as I mourn playing AP Yi, Kha, or AP Sion mid.

Oh and RIP nobody knowing what my favorite champion did, gently caress you Riot for accidentally making Karma good.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

rabidsquid posted:

Riven was barely sub 50% win rate (49.98) in patch 6.17 but has otherwise been over 50% forever, and people with a lot of games on her have a 54% win rate already. So that's not really accurate at all

I never looked up the stats before I just saw she was 48 on op.gg and assumed that's where she's been for a while like a lot of solo q special highly technical champs. In my experience I'm unhappy to see a riven on my team and happy to see them on the opponent's teams, I don't know the numbers outside of what I just looked up tho.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
For reference:

http://na.op.gg/statistics/champion/

69 Riven w/r: 48.41% kda: 1.98:1

it's about my experience with her in my games

bonus e: and that's an exceptionally low kda even for her already pitiful place in the standings

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 6, 2016

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Top lane KDA doesn't correlate to winning that much, because when carry toplaners get super ahead their style is often take a tower solo -> get three-man ganked -> kill someone in the process. A riven or jax that's 9/5/0 is absolutely terrifying.

You don't have to have a super high kda, you just have to do better than the other guy.

Edit: there are also scenarios where trading kills one for one absolutely wrecks one player, and that sort of thing happens in top lane often. It's not like in bot where if I'm Janna and 0/2/5 I'm feeding my rear end off.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
can I finally play titanic hydra + warmog + spirit visage nunu

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

kingcobweb posted:

Top lane KDA doesn't correlate to winning that much, because when carry toplaners get super ahead their style is often take a tower solo -> get three-man ganked -> kill someone in the process. A riven or jax that's 9/5/0 is absolutely terrifying.

You don't have to have a super high kda, you just have to do better than the other guy.

Edit: there are also scenarios where trading kills one for one absolutely wrecks one player, and that sort of thing happens in top lane often. It's not like in bot where if I'm Janna and 0/2/5 I'm feeding my rear end off.
Yeah that's why i listed the win percentage first and the noted that then kda was p low even in the area she was in as an edit. It just struck me as secondary evidence that even when she did well it was probably in spite her being a selfish player.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Trip report!

After some Ranked games tonight as Sona (so close to silver!), I instalocked Kayle in a Blind Pick and wound up as support after assuring the team they did not want me to mid (I never learned to CS goodly). As luck has it, my Aether Wing Kayle was up against a no-skin Kayle support, with my Varus versus their Jinx. We did some trades, and the big thing I noticed early was that I didn't have either the burst or the pick potential that I'm used to in a support. Add to this both ADCs being passive farmers not really interested in trading, and it was a great big nothinburger of me and other-Kayle slap-fighting with E to no effect. Fast forward to the mid-game and both teams are posturing mid for like 5 minutes at a time and doing nothing so I decide to just load up champion.gg and build the suggested item path. After many slow, excruciating minutes I evolve from "Don't Let Zed Have Any Fun"-Kayle to split push-Kayle. The game drug on for so long that I eventually sold my FCQ for a Gunblade and single-handedly staved off 2 inhibitors worth of super minions and alternated between lanes to take towers.

I don't think this game was really representative of how the champion will play in a "real" match, but it was pretty hilarious to eventually become super unkillable between Ignite, Gunblade Active, E, Q, Rageblade, and R. At one point after reaching full build, I just dueled Jinx to death because she thought she would come kill me and then merrily resumed having a seizure in the general direction of minions. Her W, while a pretty useless heal, seems like it would be good for whoring onto assists (always important!), and more importantly if I want to jungle or top it's a wonderful little speed boost to zoom between lanes or minion waves to pick up jungle camps or whatever. She feels a lot like Teemo in that regard: always able to quickly get to the wrong place and abruptly die because you're bad but at least you got there fast!

Well, that's my trip report. Thanks for reading!

PS: Ctrl+1 spam on Aether Wing Kayle is in fact the best. Thanks to whomever suggested that.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

ArbitraryC posted:

Yeah that's why i listed the win percentage first and the noted that then kda was p low even in the area she was in as an edit. It just struck me as secondary evidence that even when she did well it was probably in spite her being a selfish player.

that win percentage and KDA also counted bronze, silver, and gold games. i bet the bronze games in particular destroy her KDA and win percent

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I like Ivern and I can't stop singing that truffula song while playing him

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I wanted to love Ivern, I was super excited to play Ivern for the first time, and

he owns!!! the champ loving owns!!! Ohhh my god!!!!!!!! AaahhhhH!H!H!H!!!!!!!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Ivern + Jhin combo is called The Grassy Knoll. this is official

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
Can riven jungle now, some guy picked her and was like "you don't know patch 6.20" but someone else dodged so I didn't get to see it

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
HE'S REALLY GOOD!!! I LOVE GIVING BUFFS TO ALL MY FRIENDS!! I LOVE VISION CONTROL! I LOVE NOT DEALING WITH PUNCHING MONSTERS!

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Darth Windu posted:

Can riven jungle now, some guy picked her and was like "you don't know patch 6.20" but someone else dodged so I didn't get to see it

Riven has always been able to jungle, it's the same feast or famine style as a lot of melee carries in the jungle.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I like Ivern but man... he doesn't seems to do any damage whatsoever and Daisy seems to go AFK after whatever he attacks dies (and sometimes just for no reason at all), which is annoying.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Darth Windu posted:

I wouldn't call riven jungle common but I wouldn't call it uncommon either, surprised you haven't seen it before.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

ArbitraryC posted:

I never looked up the stats before I just saw she was 48 on op.gg and assumed that's where she's been for a while like a lot of solo q special highly technical champs. In my experience I'm unhappy to see a riven on my team and happy to see them on the opponent's teams, I don't know the numbers outside of what I just looked up tho.

I hate seeing Riven on either team cause it means your control over the game just plummeted. Will the Riven be bad and make it a 4v5? Will they be great and carry? Either way, enjoy watching it happen.

Also because every top laner I play is a skill match up with Riven so I could destroy them or I could get wrecked and who knows which until one of us is 0/3 suddenly. At least with bad lanes I know what's going to go on, with Riven lanes who the gently caress knows.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

The Mash posted:

Bring back old AP Sion

ill never forget you, ap sion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69SSLfRJho

*old yorick, pizza feet taric and everyone comes in for a HUGE party*

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Lovechop posted:

ill never forget you, ap sion....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W69SSLfRJho

*old yorick, pizza feet taric and everyone comes in for a HUGE party*

Old Yorick walks into a bar. There's no counter. :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

i miss the highly degenerate bullshit gameplay of yorick where you press buttons and your opponent automatically gets hosed up by ghosts. like, it is functionally the same as a damage over time but it feels way less interactive than a damage over time somehow despite being more interactive

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

pog boyfriend posted:

i miss the highly degenerate bullshit gameplay of yorick where you press buttons and your opponent automatically gets hosed up by ghosts. like, it is functionally the same as a damage over time but it feels way less interactive than a damage over time somehow despite being more interactive

Part of that was because instantly killing the ghost didn't prevent the obnoxious sustain or slow from summoning them. The only champion I can think of that reliably screwed top Yorick was noted bullshit champion release Elise with super low cost Neurotoxin. Either that or the powerful champion known as "laning phase ending"

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

kennen/tf adc are both dead because shivcore builds(botrk into shiv) got nerfed as the two key components of this basically all attack speed build both got nerfed, then keep in mind at best they were a situational gimmick build you played because you wanted either more aoe cc or more global presence respectively and yeah not even goku is loving with the old fake adc mainstays.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Sperglord Firecock posted:

the gently caress is up with people trying to ivern support

yes, his Q roots, yes, it can give people a dash

but it does piddly damage and the rest of his kit doesn't have anything that can capitalize on that unless you bring daisy out, and daisy is relatively easy to kite if the enemy has half a brain cell

I mean, he can get an instant level 2 and red buff at 1:40. That's pretty strong by itself. Also, shield, initiation, and ability to make your lane super gankable with bush and snare. It's not like this is some random poo poo like Akali support or something.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Taciturn Tactician posted:

Part of that was because instantly killing the ghost didn't prevent the obnoxious sustain or slow from summoning them. The only champion I can think of that reliably screwed top Yorick was noted bullshit champion release Elise with super low cost Neurotoxin. Either that or the powerful champion known as "laning phase ending"

Nasus was fine vs Yorick once you got enough sustain to survive the early onslaught. You basically couldn't fail to meet the 400 stacks/20 min benchmark in that matchup

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Teikanmi posted:

I mean, he can get an instant level 2 and red buff at 1:40. That's pretty strong by itself. Also, shield, initiation, and ability to make your lane super gankable with bush and snare. It's not like this is some random poo poo like Akali support or something.

taking your junglers buff like that would really gently caress them, and as support you can't really go take the enemy top buff, and there's a pretty strong chance three people will be at enemy bot buff

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

pog boyfriend posted:

I miss the wonderful days of three Dorans rings and mobis into deathfire grasp AP Sion. Wutup bot lane, gonna burst murder a dude and be back in mid in time to shield farm the next wave.

kingcobweb posted:

The Ivern + Jhin combo is called The Grassy Knoll. this is official

Lollin' my butt off at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
I won a pretty cool game recently where my team helped me take the enemy red buff oh whoops our support Annie took it, then I tried to take my own and oh hey Veigar is helping thanks man go ahead and take my red buff for yourself. Okay!! Neither of them said anything about it or anything else so that was fun but at least the other team was really bad and had jungle kayle.

• Locked thread