Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

UHD posted:

twitter is the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

my man do you really want to bring up Tulsi Gabbard as an example about how leftists aren't bigoted

i'm not sure you even know what the word means :chloe:

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

https://mobile.twitter.com/blueherring32/status/893080783786835968

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Fallen Hamprince posted:

https://twitter.com/ryanlcooper/status/893048585327042560

no uncomfortable racial dynamics here at all no sir

I feel there are several dozen high ranking Democrats missing from the list of equally hated evil scumbags, I wonder if the author may have had some agenda that informed his sample selection?

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Lately people have told me that my speech has consisted of words that sound Russian in origin. I had not been aware of this. When I try to think of my childhood memories, a location that appears to match that of Vladivostok comes to mind.

I do not know how this will end, but I fear that other Bernie Sanders supporters may have suffered a similar fate.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

UHD posted:

not to imply anything personal or whatever but this is kinda close to "I can't be racist because i have black friends"

I mean, if the charge is that you're racist because you don't want any of a certain set of POC to become president, it actually does kinda make sense to me that "but I would love if one of these other POCs became president" is a valid retort, yeah

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Lastgirl posted:

so a mob majority outweighs your privileged opinion via democratic action? :yikes:

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
im secretly a russian plant trying to make america a better country by supporting policies that will help the poor

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Lately people have told me that my speech has consisted of words that sound Russian in origin. I had not been aware of this. When I try to think of my childhood memories, a location that appears to match that of Vladivostok comes to mind.

I do not know how this will end, but I fear that other Bernie Sanders supporters may have suffered a similar fate.

*squints suspiciously at ur username*

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

steinrokkan posted:

I feel there are several dozen high ranking Democrats missing from the list of equally hated evil scumbags, I wonder if the author may have had some agenda that informed his sample selection?

To be fair, it's pretty obvious that the Democratic Party is specifically looking for a PoC candidate in an attempt to replicate the success of Obama. Like, the main two people who come to mind when thinking of "obvious Democratic presidential hopefuls" are Cory Booker and Kamala Harris (and the thing with Deval Patrick just came up recently). So if the Democratic Party specifically targets PoC politicians as presidential hopefuls, it's not much of a coincidence that those are the same people who are going to receive focus from the left.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
haha its not like our healthcare industry is trash and ruined my family financially for 20 years and after going through that i dont believe anyone should. that would be silly.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Ytlaya posted:

To be fair, it's pretty obvious that the Democratic Party is specifically looking for a PoC candidate in an attempt to replicate the success of Obama. Like, the main two people who come to mind when thinking of "obvious Democratic presidential hopefuls" are Cory Booker and Kamala Harris (and the thing with Deval Patrick just came up recently). So if the Democratic Party specifically targets PoC politicians as presidential hopefuls, it's not much of a coincidence that those are the same people who are going to receive focus from the left.

I meant it the other way around, the guy conveniently forgot about the Schumers, the Pelosis, the Perezizazes, to make a really cringeworthy "point".

E: Disregard, I've just noticed it actually leads to an article that is actually reasonable and explains why the opposition to them is rational.

steinrokkan has issued a correction as of 18:18 on Aug 3, 2017

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

steinrokkan posted:

Biden is exempt because although he is far to the centre that Harris he looks like grandpa which is worth at least 1.5 single payers

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

Biden is exempt because allthough he is far closer for he centre that Harris he looks like grandpa which is worth at least 1.5 single payers

what is your source on people liking Biden

I "like" him in that he would have won in 2016 but I don't like his ideas and don't want him to run for president going forward

Basically you seem more interested in arguing with strawmen than anyone here and you should probably lurk more

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

Ytlaya posted:

Its almost as if whenever the democratic party specifically looks for any candidate, that candidate ends up being completely trash.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"I'm not a loser! I'm not a loser!" I scream as I shrink and transform into a duck-shaped teapot

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

anime was right posted:

haha its not like our healthcare industry is trash and ruined my family financially for 20 years and after going through that i dont believe anyone should. that would be silly.

to centrists, the problem isn't that families are being ruined financially, the problem is that too many families are being ruined too hard

their goal is not to prevent lives from being ruined, their goal is to reduce the amount and degree of ruination

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
laffo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Reverend Dr posted:

Its almost as if whenever the democratic party specifically looks for any candidate, that candidate ends up being completely trash.

are you telling me the democratic party donors are purity testing? hosed up if true

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

"I'm not a loser! I'm not a loser!" I scream as I shrink and transform into a duck-shaped teapot

I'm a loser
I'm a loser
And I'm not what I appear to be

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Main Paineframe posted:

to centrists, the problem isn't that families are being ruined financially, the problem is that too many families are being ruined too hard

their goal is not to prevent lives from being ruined, their goal is to reduce the amount and degree of ruination

Their goal is to say loudly and clearly that ruination is very bad and they are trying very hard to manage ruination as quickly as they can, while giving payouts to ruination companies

Reverend Dr
Feb 9, 2005

Thanks Reverend

anime was right posted:

are you telling me the democratic party donors are purity testing? hosed up if true

Its only purity when potential voters want it, when its donors then its called *`~Pragmaticism~`*

The Ol Spicy Keychain
Jan 17, 2013

I MEPHISTO MY OWN ASSHOLE

loquacius posted:

what is your source on people liking Biden

I "like" him in that he would have won in 2016 but I don't like his ideas and don't want him to run for president going forward

Basically you seem more interested in arguing with strawmen than anyone here and you should probably lurk more

hamprince got extremely owned for eternity when his abuela got swept by trump so now arguing against fantasy leftists is how he copes

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Posting again to break my tie with Zegermans on the list of top suck zone posters~~~

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

It should be noted that "tea" is a reference to a practice in which dudebros dip their scrotum in the mouths of non-consenting victims. Bernie must answer for this!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

*Macronishly*

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
imo this whole BernieBro movement smacks of Soviet Yugoslavia

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

FuriousxGeorge posted:

It should be noted that "tea" is a reference to a practice in which dudebros dip their scrotum in the mouths of non-consenting victims. Bernie must answer for this!

still waiting on you to denounce this whole teabagging thing btw~~~ :smugdog:

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

fuckin' Tito Bros

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Fallen Hamprince posted:

fuckin' Tito Bros

Really bummed I live in the wrong zip code to vote 4 Tito :negative:

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Nonsense posted:

*Macronishly*

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

it turns out I'm a Russian sockpuppet that lives in the final chamber of a Matryoshka doll on the third shelf of a bookcase in Moscow

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

galenanorth posted:

it turns out I'm a Russian sockpuppet that lives in the final chamber of a Matryoshka doll on the third shelf of a bookcase in Moscow

I did some Internet research on myself and it turns out I'm actually Ivan the Terrible, Prince of Moscow :(

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

(I posted some Russian lyrics today.)

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
RUSSIA

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Well the Ukraine girls really knock me out
They leave the West behind
And Moscow girls make me sing and shout
That Georgia's always on my mind

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Wait, it's even worse. I just read my Wikipedia article and it turns out that in 1547 I gained the title "Tsar of All the Russias"

all of them :ohdear:

• Locked thread