Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Jones would also be the ultimate hipster.

"i'm listening to some music written by the ancient Grecian band...oh wait you've never heard of them"
"i would ironically enjoy this but i can't enjoy anything"

Tom needs to give her some thick plastic frame glasses, a plaid flannel shirt, and a case of PBR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Parts Kit posted:

Jones would also be the ultimate hipster.

"i'm listening to some music written by the ancient Grecian band...oh wait you've never heard of them"
"i would ironically enjoy this but i can't enjoy anything"

Tom needs to give her some thick plastic frame glasses, a plaid flannel shirt, and a case of PBR.

I swear I've already seen a hipster Jones picture already...

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Fecha posted:

Looking back on Jonesy's actions in "Red Gets A Name" is more interesting now that we know her story (or at least the gist of it, minus the details of 4.5 billion years). Annie thanks her for helping Shadow, and she says "He is unique". You could take it as her wanting to preserve him as a novel specimen for understanding, or having an affinity with his uniqueness.

e: Also, I assume Randy Disaster knows she's an ancient, emotionless being? I guess he's into that.
Jones's best line comes at the end of that chapter, when she says Shadow is a "very bright young man"

Shadow is bright. Get it?

Also Tom was on his 'A' game with the comments that chapter.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Splicer posted:

Gunnerkrigg Coyote: He's also the Seed Bismuth

WELL LOOk AT YOU!

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Oh boy, this just got really plot important.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

That's... certainly unexpected.

Laser Cow
Feb 22, 2006

Just like real cows!

Only with lasers.
I don't believe, whatever that thing is.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Bismuth, you got some 'splainin' to do.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Guess I'll just check Gunnerkrigg first thing on a Monday as usua-AAAAAAAAAAA

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

:tviv:

And here I was about to start talking about avatars and poo poo. We're in deep now, folks.

Laser Cow posted:

I don't believe, whatever that thing is.

Usually though, when things make extraordinary claims in GKC, they're at least half-true. This is probably the genuine article, and I can say that I'm glad it is not Friday.

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Huh. It's kinda in the wrong place. So Coyote separated the seed from the rest of the court?

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

Or perhaps it wandered off after the court was created? Or the court did not grow evenly around it -- and the origin was left behind when the forest and court were divided (I recall talk of the forest creatures tearing down buildings after the divide...).

I had assumed that the seed bismuth was consumed or transformed in the creation of the court... but if it's more an entity than an element or catalyst... fascinating...

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Oh hello there Hetty :v:

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Ooohhh...Seed Bismuth is pretty...

Also, another curious Annie:

Captain_Person
Apr 7, 2013

WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?
Well I certainly wasn't expecting that.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Neat! :v:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Whoa, whoa, plot twist!
Interested to see where this is going.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
HI BISMUTH!

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
drat, I really want an absurdly high res image of that thing, Seed Bismuth or not. :stare: It looks gorgeous.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong
Seed Bismuth is so much prettier than I was expecting! :sparkles:

She almost looks like Zimmyvision-Kat, except she's so colorful and organic and full of life.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

WELL LOOk AT YOU!
Spoilered by my own gibberish :negative:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Well that explains everything then.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

GodFish posted:

Oh hello there Hetty :v:

Hey look, Coyote's Firefly Form!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I... am witholding judgement.

Awful purdy, though.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
Gasp! Didn't see that coming.

The Court grew, but is not currently growing, from the Seed Bismuth because coyote has it stashed away in the forest. Which means the Court isn't getting any bigger, unless there was more than one SB.

Also, it's funny if you say it with a lisp. The Theed Bithmuth. Try it.

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

The Missing Link posted:

Gasp! Didn't see that coming.

The Court grew, but is not currently growing, from the Seed Bismuth because coyote has it stashed away in the forest. Which means the Court isn't getting any bigger, unless there was more than one SB.

Also, it's funny if you say it with a lisp. The Theed Bithmuth. Try it.

Theed grew from the Gunnerkrigg Bismuth.

Madrox
Jan 31, 2001

Does whatever
a multiple can.
Holy wow.

... And then the next page features Red and the Omega Raspberry.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

toxic8aker posted:

She almost looks like Zimmyvision-Kat, except she's so colorful and organic and full of life.

Following this and seeing how Coyote eventually split the lands with Annan Waters, maybe the seed bismuth also split into two? Like this is the Forest part of it, and the Court part of the seed is.. I dunno, Kat? Because the Court is all science :science:, so it needs a vassel to keep on creating, because weaving things out of thin air is pretty un-scientific.

Whatever is the answer, this is gonna get interesting now.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Did not see that development coming. Bismuth is amazingly pretty.

Have some more avatars:

I really want this one, but no money. :( so someone else can make the most of it:

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Every time I see the Seed Bismuth in avatar size, the lack of animation somehow disappoints me. It's like someone saw fit to only keep one frame of it even though there's only one frame to take.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

maswastaken posted:

Every time I see the Seed Bismuth in avatar size, the lack of animation somehow disappoints me. It's like someone saw fit to only keep one frame of it even though there's only one frame to take.

I have the exact same feeling. There's something in the way it's drawn that suggests movement so strongly that seeing it in a static image just doesn't seem quite right.

Also, four hours after the update and nobody's taken the time to say "DUN-DUN-DUNNNNNN!"? Or are we taking that as read?

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
So wait, if the Bismuth is this weird butterfly-thing, then what was it that Annie ended up seeing here?

I always assumed that what she was seeing was the Bismuth. Maybe this is something that will be answered by the Annie and the Forest comics?

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

So wait, if the Bismuth is this weird butterfly-thing, then what was it that Annie ended up seeing here?

I always assumed that what she was seeing was the Bismuth. Maybe this is something that will be answered by the Annie and the Forest comics?

Maybe I'm misreading, but I was under the impression that was just her first step into a forest village. I didn't read too far back, but that's the chapter where she goes off into the forest for the summer. Ysengrin is supposed to be taking her to her new home.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

MooCowlian posted:

Maybe I'm misreading, but I was under the impression that was just her first step into a forest village. I didn't read too far back, but that's the chapter where she goes off into the forest for the summer. Ysengrin is supposed to be taking her to her new home.

No that's it.

FezCactus
Jun 2, 2013

Butt dance, butt dance

MooCowlian posted:

Yea, Annie in the Forest shows what happens immediately after that scene.

Wow was not expecting the Seed Bismuth to appear. Wonder what secrets it shall tell us :o

Lanky Coconut Tree
Apr 7, 2011

An angry tree.

The angriest tree

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Reading a few pages back from that link brought me here, http://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=828

Ysengrin is the grumpiest dog getting hugged.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Awwww hell, poo poo just got real.

I didn't see this coming. Not one bit. Safe to say, I think, that Ysengrin probably intended to introduce Annie to the seed bismuth, considering he brought her to the ruins.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

The first Annie in the Forest comic is already out, and the question has indeed been answered. It's the village she stays in.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Pfffft come on Coyote, that's a lame disguise. You're not fooling anyone here.

I wanted to add some etheric "dust" falling off like a magic moth or something, it feels like it would look right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

Just makes it look as though it's pulsating, like a beating heart, which seems even more appropriate to me.