Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
Yeah, alright, they’re right about the mistake show transcripts would be. Concern trolls abound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
seriously, you guys, do a google image search of that guy

Kharn_The_Betrayer
Nov 15, 2013

Fun Shoe

Guy Goodbody posted:

This guy seems like he would yell at me for not thinking he's cool

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Guy Goodbody posted:

There is no high school Coastally Elite enough for this dude to have attended without being called a gay pussy retard on a daily basis

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
On the brightside, by googling him I found all his bizzare tweets about his SUPERIOR FUTURE

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"soon the day will come when I shed this accursed shell of flesh and become a being of Pure Energy. And then I will make them pay dearly for making fun of my mario shirt and stuffing me into a locker."

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Chexoid posted:

On the brightside, by googling him I found all his bizzare tweets about his SUPERIOR FUTURE

There is no "NEEEEEEERRRRRRRD" that can be shouted for long enough

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
somebody with the intellectual worth to be revered in his nerdtopia would be smart enough to not wear a SMB3 shirt tucked into mom jeans with a duster over it

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://youtu.be/VPuvnjA4zrk

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Henchman of Santa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrZLencLtf0

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

uber_stoat posted:

"soon the day will come when I shed this accursed shell of flesh and become a being of Pure Energy. And then I will make them pay dearly for making fun of my mario shirt and stuffing me into a locker."

There was no point in that guy's life where he would have fit in a locker.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
moviebob is a literal eugenicist but yea the chapo boys are the real scourge of the common man because Wil made a joke about 'portrait of an autist as a young man' on twitter

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I didn't get it at all. He called a guy a penis? And that's about autism?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Halloween Jack posted:

I didn't get it at all. He called a guy a penis? And that's about autism?

I forgot the context but it's literally entirely the 'autist' pun that set people off. Like, I don't think we should call people retarded and autistic as an insult either but turning it into some big 'SEE PROOF THAT CH*PO IS EVIL' is hilarious

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Oh, I'm just so dumb I didn't see that he wrote autist instead of artist. Okay.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
https://twitter.com/jmkrisko/status/983128448129417221

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

"I'm sorry, I'm with Kierkegaard -- no, I'm with Schopenhauer" loving FAKE BLUE COLLAR COSPLAYERS

Susat
May 31, 2011

Taking it easy, being green

Chexoid posted:

My favorite hot takes from the creator of Game Overthinker, a man who definitely does not get fuckin weird over statues in mario kart

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Nick and Stav need to goof on this jerkoff for using the term "cats".

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I'm assuming the movie leaves out all the casual transphobia.

And probably how they solved racism by letting black people just pretend to be white.

And all the talk about masturbation as what we evolved hands for and that Marie Curie cranked one out before finally discovering radium.

the racism solution and masturbation screed are gone but a hint of the transphobia still remains

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Breadallelogram posted:

the racism solution and masturbation screed are gone but a hint of the transphobia still remains

really they needed someone who knew the book on the show just because it would have helped Matt more than his just impotent screaming of "IT'S poo poo". The fact that they actually removed major chunks of the book's 'plot' because they were so terrible proves how worthless the story is to this absurd spectacle of 'y'all remember ghost busters? What about Shining? What about Iron Giant? What about...'

I think even though I agree with Matt that it's a pretty low point in mass culture and even as an ~ultimate 80's tribute~ it fails by being so hyperfocused on one specific canon of white upper middle class nerds, Amber was right though, it sucks but it's mostly just fine. It's harmless, no one's gonna give a poo poo about it in a month, it's whatever.

Serf
May 5, 2011

the biggest praise i managed to give the movie was that it was decent and its flaws were understandable movie flaws and not the flaws of the book which were numerous and egregious

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
The Rockabilly connection was good.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

really they needed someone who knew the book on the show just because it would have helped Matt more than his just impotent screaming of "IT'S poo poo". The fact that they actually removed major chunks of the book's 'plot' because they were so terrible proves how worthless the story is to this absurd spectacle of 'y'all remember ghost busters? What about Shining? What about Iron Giant? What about...'

I think even though I agree with Matt that it's a pretty low point in mass culture and even as an ~ultimate 80's tribute~ it fails by being so hyperfocused on one specific canon of white upper middle class nerds, Amber was right though, it sucks but it's mostly just fine. It's harmless, no one's gonna give a poo poo about it in a month, it's whatever.

They weren't critiquing the book, though. In theory, you should be able to criticize a movie without knowing its source material, because you're not talking about the source material.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

and in this case the source material consists of a rancid fart followed by a fat guy elbowing you and asking if you smelled it and then inexplicably launching into paradol ex's rant about transpeople

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

PostNouveau posted:

I don't remember. The ones that I remember were a zombie movie where the guy takes the business end of a running lawnmower to a bunch of zombies and it lasts like 5 minutes. And one where this chick's banging a guy and she cuts off his head with a cleaver and then where his head was she puts and shrunken head and continues to bang the corpse.

If anyone can find me video of the zombie one, I would like to watch it again.

Edit: Duh, google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEuT9sePcI4

This is the best scene in the movie, but the whole thing is worth watching, it’s like Jackson saw Evil Dead II and Re-Animator and said “I can beat that.”

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
If anyone is into serial killers, cults, UFOs, and other weird/fringe/conspiracy topics should check out The Last Podcast on The Left.

I can only talk about the cult and serial killer episode (the rest isn't in my interest) and they are very informative and funny. They do go into some graphic detail and people have done some really hosed up things to others but they make it a point to point how how serial killers are complete idiots and highlight police incompetence. They do mulit-part series and are fascinating.

I found them after Charles Manson died and they did a 3 part series on him (prior to his death). Didn't know they half of it and would recommend their podcast if anything interests you.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
I didn't really mind The Shining part of RPO. it kind of reminded me of one of those paintings that reddit guys get at the thrift store and add zany stuff like dinosaurs to, except done on the mona lisa

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

padijun posted:

I didn't really mind The Shining part of RPO. it kind of reminded me of one of those paintings that reddit guys get at the thrift store and add zany stuff like dinosaurs to, except done on the mona lisa

axe wielding zombies are kind of a gauche addition to the shining imo. like putting goofy little satans all over the place in an exorcist homage

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Never forget that Sebastian Gorka in Nerdface is the author of the book:

Serf
May 5, 2011

the shining part of the movie was the best bit

it could have been way worse, in the book the main character goes into the movie wargames and has to act it out exactly as it happened. riveting stuff

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Serf posted:

the shining part of the movie was the best bit

it could have been way worse, in the book the main character goes into the movie wargames and has to act it out exactly as it happened. riveting stuff

Don't forget the aside from the author about how this activity immediately became wildly popular :rolleye:

Maybe I'm being too easy on the movie because of how much worse the book was

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Well I didn't expect to see my own drat tweet here

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

padijun posted:

Don't forget the aside from the author about how this activity immediately became wildly popular :rolleye:

Maybe I'm being too easy on the movie because of how much worse the book was

Ah, the thinly veiled “and then everyone stood up and applauded” of pop fiction

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last Podcast on the Left is terrible.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Guy Goodbody posted:

Last Podcast on the Left is terrible.

I think, it's good

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I tried to listen to their episode on Aum Shinrikyo but couldn’t get through the first one half because of how infuriating it was that the Japanese police had so many opportunities to stop them but did nothing and half because the hosts were annoying and kept calling people “sapien”. Is that some inside joke on the podcast?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Dr.Radical posted:

I tried to listen to their episode on Aum Shinrikyo but couldn’t get through the first one half because of how infuriating it was that the Japanese police had so many opportunities to stop them but did nothing and half because the hosts were annoying and kept calling people “sapien”. Is that some inside joke on the podcast?

no, its just what henry's asahara calls people

last podcast is great btw

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Give me an introductory episode for Last Podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Give me an introductory episode for Last Podcast.

Leonard Lake & Charles Ng