Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.

Here's more:
Zillow listing

Are you a cat lover? This Arizona home is purr-fect for you

Only had three cats - we swear!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I used the tall one of these recycling bins from ikea:

And cut a 12 inch hole in the top, and carpeted the top surface and also that little angled flap. That was the litter box for my cats. I could open the flap for quick cleaning or take the whole lid off for deep cleans, and the cats didn't shoot litter halfway across the room when exiting like they would with a traditional box. One of my cats would poop and then wind up and launch out of the litter box as fast as possible, like her newly-formed poop was a monster that would attack her or something. This would launch litter ten feet away or more. The angled bit made it easier to teach the cats about the new box, because they got an additional "step" to assist in entry if they didn't want to jump as high.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Baronjutter posted:

What the heck is going on with the stairs there?

I built a cat bridge between the one basement stair tread and the window ledge (that is behind me). I remove it to change the boxes.

Until we acquired Thing 1 and Thing 2, it was fine to just slide it across the stair tread & balance it there temporarily.

Then Dorian, the gray maroon there, couldn't resist walking down it and unbalancing it, so that it would slide off & create havoc (it hadn't happened yet, but he shifted weight about 3-seconds after this picture was taken).

A year & a half on, the dumb gently caress still does it, even though he falls off every. single. time.

Now, it lays elsewhere during box cleaning

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 24, 2018

Youth Decay
Aug 18, 2015

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

It's truly difficult to determine what part of that image I hate the most.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

I've worked with a cat rescue nonprofit in my county. My wife and I have rescued and fostered just a handful of cats; at our peak, we had seven cats in our home, which seemed like a ridiculous amount of cats to us.

But when we'd bring cats to the adoption weekends at the local pet store, we'd hang out with the other fosters, and our coordinator, and... my god. Some of these people had ten, fifteen cats in their homes. And the lady who runs the org? She's got a big house in a rich neighborhood, OK, she's got fencing around the property so some of the cats can be outside, cool, there's a lot of cats in kennel type situations, fine fine, but the total? 60+ cats at any given time. She spends multiple hours per day just dealing with feeding them and scooping kitty litter and administering medications. You show up at her place and there's always several cats outside, you go into her kitchen area where she used to run the free clinic and there's more cats wandering in and out, there's just cats everywhere. I love cats, but holy poo poo.

Somehow she managed to not be living in squalor. Probably a combination of insane levels of energy, and being rich. But jesus loving christ, sixty cats in your home. Not like those crazy cat people who have a colony of cats in their neighborhood, who use their house as a locus of getting food, but mostly wander free: sixty cats confined to your house and maybe a couple thousand square feet of yard? Can you imagine?

So yeah now when I hear about someone with 15 cats or something, it totally doesn't phase me at all. I've had seven cats in 1200 square feet of home before and we kept the place clean and healthy for them. If you have a big house you can totally do 15. Especially if a bunch of them are kittens, and if you don't have kids living at home so you have spare bedrooms to use for quarrantine etc.

My wife sometimes works with a rabbit rescue group in our area, and they have a house full of rabbits. It's not really bad because the rabbits are kept in pens most of the time, and there's a regular crew of volunteers to keep the place clean and the rabbits fed and comfortable. There's no way you could just let them run loose because rabbits have zero loving tolerance for anyone moving in on their territory (you've all seen Watership Down, I assume).

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
You shouldn't keep rabbits cooped up like that it's unhealthy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

A murder took place there, they cut out the stained carpet only to find more blood and stapled a replacement down

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Iron Crowned posted:

A murder took place there, they cut out the stained carpet only to find more blood and stapled a replacement down

That makes sense, especially since the carpet gives good advice for dealing with nocturnal ghosts

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Selachian posted:

My wife sometimes works with a rabbit rescue group in our area, and they have a house full of rabbits. It's not really bad because the rabbits are kept in pens most of the time, and there's a regular crew of volunteers to keep the place clean and the rabbits fed and comfortable. There's no way you could just let them run loose because rabbits have zero loving tolerance for anyone moving in on their territory (you've all seen Watership Down, I assume).

No, I got all my bunny knowledge from Cat poo poo One.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
when I used to paint houses, the most common type of client to get was somebody trying to sell their house & sprucing up their property before listing it. So every time we would go out to the job, they wanted it to look good in a house listing on Zillow but didn't care if it wasn't as advertised otherwise. That meant a lot of effort making sure the front of the house looked good but little out-of-the-way corners of the trim or the siding were ignored

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

A3th3r posted:

when I used to paint houses, the most common type of client to get was somebody trying to sell their house & sprucing up their property before listing it. So every time we would go out to the job, they wanted it to look good in a house listing on Zillow but didn't care if it wasn't as advertised otherwise. That meant a lot of effort making sure the front of the house looked good but little out-of-the-way corners of the trim or the siding were ignored

... and that's the poo poo I specifically look for to tell if it's been half-assed. Not that I've bought a lot of houses (1). But I *will* look for it.

There has *got* to be an interesting story to both the picture and its subject.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Darchangel posted:

A rare Chive/Aerosmith mashup hides the place where the dog gave birth

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Darchangel posted:

... and that's the poo poo I specifically look for to tell if it's been half-assed. Not that I've bought a lot of houses (1). But I *will* look for it.

Somebody joked about this, but there was an episode of Forensic Files where the killer glued a rug to the floor when he was unable up get the blood spots up. He was like "unless the rug slips no one will notice. Even if police search the place what are the chances they'll lift the rugs?" He was caught and convicted.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
This is going to sound dumb, but what if someone tried to cover up a human blood stain with animal blood?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Suspect Bucket posted:

I works for two sisters that had 60 cats and one dog in their house. They were securities traders in Manhattan.

I was the dog walker. They were perfectly lovely and sane people with a legit million dollar house on a canal on Long Island, but HOLY poo poo 60 CATS. But weirdly, you just get used to it after awhile.

I miss them, they were awesome.
Progression of toxiplasmosis, a case study.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

RandomPauI posted:

This is going to sound dumb, but what if someone tried to cover up a human blood stain with animal blood?

I guess if you found an excuse for that?

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

KillHour posted:

Do you not slaughter your chickens in the living room next to your hammer collection?

A3th3r posted:

My house was like this but I didn't care because I was ripping it all out anyway. They decorated it in the worst beige-paint-shiny-wallpaper crap and then threw the paint cans into the bushes behind the garden.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Somebody joked about this, but there was an episode of Forensic Files where the killer glued a rug to the floor when he was unable up get the blood spots up. He was like "unless the rug slips no one will notice. Even if police search the place what are the chances they'll lift the rugs?" He was caught and convicted.

There was a bullet hole under there too.

KillHour posted:

It's a lot like how spy gear gets found. During the cold war both sides were really ingenious about items they could hide things in, the problem was leaving them in inappropriate places.

The big example I remember was there was a tube of grease, that for all intents and purposes was indistinguishable, it looked, felt and acted like one, you could even squeeze grease out of it. The idiots who had it, kept it on a bedroom nightstand.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Iron Crowned posted:

The big example I remember was there was a tube of grease, that for all intents and purposes was indistinguishable, it looked, felt and acted like one, you could even squeeze grease out of it. The idiots who had it, kept it on a bedroom nightstand.

Sooo, what was it instead of grease?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Suspect Bucket posted:

Sooo, what was it instead of grease?

There was a hollow area inside to hide spy poo poo

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I, too, keep a grease tube next to the bed. :quagmire:

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Polio Vax Scene posted:

Yeah, I'm not agreeing that was a dumb place to put it. If someone has honest to god grease next to their bed, I am not touching that tube to examine it .

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Polio Vax Scene posted:

There is a difference between KY Jelly and mechanical lubricants

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

"When you use the bathroom, flush with the guy's appendix."
"What?"
"... you'll see."

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Fantastic. Points off for not somehow making the flush lever his dong.

Iron Crowned posted:

Well, well. Look at Mr. fancy over here.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Sorry I stick to biological lubricants.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

GreenNight posted:

Sorry I stick to biological lubricants.
Grease is biological

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Slugworth posted:

Grease is biological

Sure is when I'm done with it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Mens' room or ladies'?
I can't read the label, but bonus points if it says" Hi! My Name Is John."

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Iron Crowned posted:

Maybe for you.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

So that's what Larry Craig's been up to!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Guys, where do I buy more Super Normal Totally Not Spy Bedside Table brand grease? It's really doing the trick on my chapped winter lips. Always the problem with dollar store stuff, once you find a thing you like they'll never carry it again.

I also liked the Not a Gun lip balm.

Unrelated, but my cat has an antenna sticking out of her tail now? What's with that?

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jan 26, 2018

Jaded Burnout
Jul 10, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

Unrelated, but my cat has an antenna sticking out of her tail now? What's with that?

Aliens.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Chemical yes, but not necessarily practical.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
owning your own construction business is an exercise in futility & I do not recommend it to anybody unless they like being annoyed. A couple years ago I completed a house painting project in a town called Wayzata that took a month to do and paid a grand... man I would have been better off just sitting around at home for a month dude wtf is that bull sh&&

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

A3th3r posted:

owning your own construction business is an exercise in futility & I do not recommend it to anybody unless they like being annoyed. A couple years ago I completed a house painting project in a town called Wayzata that took a month to do and paid a grand... man I would have been better off just sitting around at home for a month dude wtf is that bull sh&&
A grand in revenue or in profit? Neither is good but I'd expect to pay a hell of a lot more than $1000 for anything that takes a month. Per person.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

A3th3r posted:

Wayzata, so not a small house either I assume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark
Sounds like you suck at bidding and choosing jobs.