Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Diamond done for the year, after SEA-LAX-SYD today. Not going to bother to spend more to chase 360; never got it and spent ~$75K last year out of SEA.

I think I’ll chase OneWorld next, where it makes sense — nice of Singapore to let you earn against an Alaska MileagePlus number.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Guy Axlerod posted:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/1Pn7wcDmoCUZ3apx8

It's on a street with some antique stores, if you're into that.

The only other thing I have marked on my map down there is a USCIS office and the random pharmacy where I got my first COVID shot.

BBQ trailer!
Thanks.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

Head’s up to anyone connecting through LHR: they’re applying the new minimum connection rules automatically to any delays, not just having it apply to bookings. I had a 1h45 T5-T3 (BA > AA) connection, incoming flight arrived a half hour late, and as that left me with less than the now-in-effect connection time of ninety minutes, my ticket was automatically rebooked so I couldn’t even try to make it, like they wouldn’t let me into security.

Edit: and here I am boarding five hours late

This is a good heads up, thank you

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Remember to wear your seatbelts.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Currently 30k ft above Michigan and the seat belt is getting a workout.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
I may have been slightly hungover on my ATL - DTW flight last night and the bumps made me check to see if there was an airsick bag in the seat just in case.

Inner Light
Jan 2, 2020

Gravitee posted:

I may have been slightly hungover on my ATL - DTW flight last night and the bumps made me check to see if there was an airsick bag in the seat just in case.

Those bags make for fun and lame collectibles. May god have mercy on your soul if the last person took it as a collectible and it wasn’t replaced.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

https://www.barfbags.com
https://www.airsicknessbags.com

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/southwest-airlines-flights-google-flights-pilot-partnership/

:toot:

I haven't flown on southwest since Google flights launched

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe

Feature, not a bug.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Kind of surprised Google wasn’t just crawling the Southwest prices and including them against their will.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.

smackfu posted:

Kind of surprised Google wasn’t just crawling the Southwest prices and including them against their will.

Southwest got real litigious about that poo poo as they prided themselves on controlling their channels. Either Google signed an agreement with the GDS's that Southwest does publish to or they signed an agreement directly with Southwest so that Southwest can control the pricing.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

For those of you with BOS as a home airport, is there a place to get luggage cling/wrapped? I have two boxes I’m taking tomorrow from BOS-DTW that I’d like to at least wrap a bit for minor protection / obfuscation.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I'm not based in Boston but I've flown in and out of there a lot and have never seen such a thing.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I'm based there and have not seen such a thing, but if there is one, it will be in Terminal E. Note that I have not seen such a thing in Terminal E.

If you must I'd just grab a roll of wrap from a hardware store and go to town on it yourself.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory
I’ve only ever seen the cling wrap vendors at MIA.

Beef Of Ages
Jan 11, 2003

Your dumb is leaking.
I think LAX had them at TBIT, but that was years ago. KGJ is correct: wrap it yourself in advance of going to the airport.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Last week, I was staying in Fort Worth and the valet brought the wrong car. Yesterday, I was staying in Atlanta and the valet brought the wrong car again. I even confirmed the correct number a second time when I called to pick up the car.

That’s never happened in 10 years of frequent travel, but now it’s back to back :lol:

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Cacafuego posted:

Last week, I was staying in Fort Worth and the valet brought the wrong car. Yesterday, I was staying in Atlanta and the valet brought the wrong car again. I even confirmed the correct number a second time when I called to pick up the car.

That’s never happened in 10 years of frequent travel, but now it’s back to back :lol:

The last time I was in the US (Boston) the valet brought my rental car and a couple who was leaving the hotel said "oh there's our Uber" and got in the back of my car just as the valet got out, asking them what the hell they were doing

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Beef Of Ages posted:

I think LAX had them at TBIT, but that was years ago. KGJ is correct: wrap it yourself in advance of going to the airport.

Ach. That’s going to be a pain, I came in on a red eye and am leaving 19 hours later. Guess I’ll roll the die again, it made it SEA-BOS without any issue.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

movax posted:

Ach. That’s going to be a pain, I came in on a red eye and am leaving 19 hours later. Guess I’ll roll the die again, it made it SEA-BOS without any issue.

If there's a FedEx or other shipper on the outside of security there you might see if they have some pallet wrap or something.

Fragrag
Aug 3, 2007
The Worst Admin Ever bashes You in the head with his banhammer. It is smashed into the body, an unrecognizable mass! You have been struck down.
Is bag wrapping more of a European thing? I swear I've seen a bag wrap stand at every airport. Heck, the one in Brussels even upgraded to a genuie storefront.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I recall seeing them in Mexico and Colombia

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Fragrag posted:

Is bag wrapping more of a European thing? I swear I've seen a bag wrap stand at every airport. Heck, the one in Brussels even upgraded to a genuie storefront.

It's getting banned in Europe soon, I think. For environmental reasons.

And here, I've mainly seen it done by African and Asian travelers.

I'm seeing people switching to spandex covers already, but that's not going to be the same

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I've seen them at JFK T1. They list locations in 1, 4, 5, and 7. I think that's all the terminals?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

MIA has roving ones

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I cannot remember the last time I was upgraded. Executive platinum, #29 on the waitlist for my Monday morning flight. Blah.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
TSA PreCheck is genuinely a dream. They’re so happy to see you, there’s relaxing music playing, they treat you like a king and when other passengers walk by, they apologize for letting the riff-raff so close to you.

And I didn’t have to get a pat down! It feels good.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Wow, what airport is that? The guy in the pre line handed my ID to someone else and treated me like I was the jerk for telling him he gave away my ID. You could at least look at the IDs if we're going to play this theater.

SeaborneClink
Aug 27, 2010

MAWP... MAWP!

Hadlock posted:

I recall seeing them in Mexico and Colombia

How convenient of them to wrap your drugs for you at the airport. THAT is service.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm not aware that DHL offers a wrapping service

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

cool joke

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

No question, no chat topic, just want to toot my own horn for finding an Air Canada saver rate (70k) for the SQ business FRA-JFK flight the day before I’m in a wedding. Kind of more excited than I should be.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
The SQ flight that goes JFK-FRA-SIN often has great availability on the JFK-FRA segment.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
American Airlines almost got me again.

My departing flight to my connection takes off 5 hours after my connection takes off.

Now I’m on United, and all is good.

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY

Jean-Paul Shartre posted:

No question, no chat topic, just want to toot my own horn for finding an Air Canada saver rate (70k) for the SQ business FRA-JFK flight the day before I’m in a wedding. Kind of more excited than I should be.

I've flown this!!

The early departure means, however, you basically need to overnight in FRA. And I found the service on this route not up to SQ's standards: it seems very much an afterthought, or low priority for them.

I would also suggest you have a look at availability for Lufthansa first class closer in if you need to plan to be in FRA anyways because of the SQ flight. That could be worth the splurge in points.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

i fly airplanes posted:

And I found the service on this route not up to SQ's standards: it seems very much an afterthought, or low priority for them.

Ive felt this way on the last few SQ J flights for some reason and I’ve grown to hate the hard product

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

i fly airplanes posted:

I've flown this!!

The early departure means, however, you basically need to overnight in FRA. And I found the service on this route not up to SQ's standards: it seems very much an afterthought, or low priority for them.

I would also suggest you have a look at availability for Lufthansa first class closer in if you need to plan to be in FRA anyways because of the SQ flight. That could be worth the splurge in points.

I mean fair enough. The route is ex-GVA so yeah, I’m spending a cheap night in town, gonna drink beer and eat döner. Was worth it for my for nine extra hours in NYC over a same-day route - that’s two or three extra old friends I get to see now.

And even if it’s disappointing compared to SQ normally, I’ve never flown SQ so don’t have that to compare to. Still excited. Though noted on your suggestion for LH F. Will set scans up closer to in case something releases.