Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eternaldough
Jan 16, 2017

Hey, warn a person before you post something so visceral. I only half joke because I actually felt uneasy watching it finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
is Mozart good or is one goon in love with him

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

He's better than Shakespeare but not as good as Hans.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

He has a party arts buff and eventually gets to dump 50 stars on you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

mozart is very good

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
His third skill is great and his first skill is good.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
welp I decided to listen to the new tama-bot on discord telling me to 10-roll, and I got Yagyu on JPN so

mikon good

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Lancelot using chopsticks as a weapon in his Interlude is good.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Knight of Owner - A Knight Does Not Dine with Empty Hands

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Tired Moritz posted:

Mozart has a much better version of Altria's lovely Intuition that everyone complains about. He's a decent choice to keep in your backline to call him in for an instant 50 crit stars. So if you have Herc on your team and you luck into a triple Buster card turn, but have no stars generated, bring in Mozart and watch as Herc gets triple 100% crit chance Buster cards. He also has a 1 turn arts buff skill so he can help your wet noddle armed Caster team get off a decent damage turn.

The best is to bring him in to help one of the two Arts damage dealers in the game, Bride Nero and Vlad. Bride Nero + Vlad with all the Arts support is lowkey the highest damage team in the game. Until Cuzerker and Jalter are released and make it a debate. No one talks about it because Buster memes took over JP, but until Merlin comes out Bride Nero, Vlad, and Swimsuit Altria put Arts damage on par with Buster. However, they can only keep up with Buster damage by spamming Arts critical hits which allows them to spam NPs. Arts damage is much more reliant on crits than Buster. Good thing Arts has a 1 star servant that can instantly generate 50 stars.

The problem with Mozart is that having constant crit star gen from 2030's, Hans or something else, eat into his niche pretty hard. And constant star gen is usually preferable to his 1-and-done ability.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Mar 8, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I just keep Mozart in my backline and use my Mystic Code to switch him in for one unforgettable turn of guaranteed crits for all.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

I have a quick team with Jack and a 2030, so I'm always genning stars, but having Mozart at the front and dropping a full set of 50 stars for a nice round one kick in the pants, and then swapping him for 2030 Waver for the rest of the fight is pretty solid by me.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Wait, I'm sorry. You can bring in back-line Servants without one of your front-line Servants dying?

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

One of the skills on the Chaldea Battlesuit mystic code allows for swapping a frontline and backline servant, but has an extremely long cooldown.

The latter is important for all the praise for Mozart, because if you're keeping him in your backline for the purpose of those 50*s, then you better be drat sure that turn plus the next are enough to end, or at least decisively cripple, the enemy. Because otherwise you are stuck with an active liability polluting your cardpool until he dies, as even grailed to 100 and max fou'd his attack remains absolutely pathetic even for a Caster. This is another reason why simply bringing 2030s on other good arts Servants, or just going without the single turn of 50*s, is a likely better option if available.

Starting with him in front and then immediately switching him back does sidestep that a bit.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Mozart doesn't have his last skill yet does he?

Also there's a few later Arts damage dealers too iirc; the best damage dealer is a 4 Star I think?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You want to kill a boss fast? Berk, Mozart, Berk.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Stallion Cabana posted:

Also there's a few later Arts damage dealers too iirc; the best damage dealer is a 4 Star I think?

The best arts damage dealer is and will forever be the one who shoots Excalibur blasts with water pistols.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Wuxi posted:

The best arts damage dealer is and will forever be the one who shoots Excalibur blasts with water pistols.

This, though the strongest arts damage dealer is a historically accurate old man because he provides completely broken defensive utility while still bringing very strong damage. Arts is weird in that the best DPSers are not necessarily always the best pointmen.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Yagyu, Lancelot, and Squirtoria are all the best Artes attackers in different situations. Yagyu is really good in a solo setting, Lancelot in a group to help him survive a bit and take the heat off him while his skills are cooling down, and Squirtoria can perform well in either situation, thanks to her defensive option + artes up, HP restore, and attack boost.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Double Lancelot is really funny if you ever get your own, they can just stagger their skills every three turns and literally crit nonstop.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Spent three tickets on the Orleans banner for a chance at Jeanne, since she's good. Got... Vessel of the Saint. Desire sensor is mocking me.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Speaking of Jeanne, why is there such hype about her?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

jwang posted:

Gameplay wise: THE offensive powerhouse of the game for at least 2 years.

Character-wise: Tsundere tryhard edgelord with a huge chip on her shoulder about not being a 'real' Heroic Spirit, which is appealing to many.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Jeanne was one of the main reasons why the game eventually switched to hp segmented bars because she can do millions of damage.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jwang posted:

Between her NP and crit skill she can do a shitton of damage. Mash+Jeanne Alter+Merlin will basically kill any boss in the game.

And as a character, it's a constant stream of her making increasingly disgusted faces as she's forced to take part in goofy seasonal events and the like. Plus she shows up in the Shinjuku story chapter and has a really good part there.

If you were to ask "other than Mashu, who are the main heroines of FGO?", the answer would probably be Jeanne Alter, Meltlilith, Ereshkigal, and Bedivere.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

jwang posted:

Gameplay reason: Buster focused powerhouse with high ATK, NP is single target that starts at 600% DMG and goes to 1000% at NP5

Actual reason (Edit: changed to link because I didn't realize that the video occours post Part 1)

marathon Stairmaster sesh fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Mar 9, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Smug anime girls are always popular

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Tae posted:

Jeanne was one of the main reasons why the game eventually switched to hp segmented bars because she can do millions of damage.

Wait, Ruler Jeanne or Alter Jeanne?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Ruler Jeanne will never do poo poo for damage.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Motto posted:

Ruler Jeanne will never do poo poo for damage.

That's why I got confused because I saw the screen shot of her for the event but then people started talking about having her, Mash and Merlin. I haven't rolled Alter Jeanne yet, maybe someday.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

That's why I got confused because I saw the screen shot of her for the event but then people started talking about having her, Mash and Merlin. I haven't rolled Alter Jeanne yet, maybe someday.

She's not available yet, and when she is it's on limited rate up, so that would be why. That said, regular Jeanne is really good too, though for the opposite reason in that you can use her to make teams that can stall pretty much indefinitely, especially once she gets her NP buff.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Revolver Bunker posted:

Yeah, normal Jeanne isn't as meta-defining as Jeanne Alter, but she's still really good in her own niche. One of the problems with long boss fights is making sure you have a way to block their NP, which can usually wipe out your party. Jeanne can do that more regularly than any other servant with her NP. What's more, put her on an arts team with a healer like Tamamo and you can make a team that can kill literally anything as long as you're willing to spend hours in the process.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Pulled on the Fuyuki rate up in my desperate ongoing quest for Saber Alter

and got Zhuge.

Hm.

Fish Cake
Jun 13, 2008

woof

Blockhouse posted:

Pulled on the Fuyuki rate up in my desperate ongoing quest for Saber Alter

and got Zhuge.

Hm.

congrats on your new neverending source of friend points

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Talking about never-ending sources of friend points, just got my own waver to lvl 100 today

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014

Bakanogami posted:

Yeah, normal Jeanne isn't as meta-defining as Jeanne Alter, but she's still really good in her own niche. One of the problems with long boss fights is making sure you have a way to block their NP, which can usually wipe out your party. Jeanne can do that more regularly than any other servant with her NP. What's more, put her on an arts team with a healer like Tamamo and you can make a team that can kill literally anything as long as you're willing to spend hours in the process.

Actually, Appmedia's tier list puts Jeanne Blanco at 9.5, the third from the top after Merlin / Waver, while Jeanne Horta is 8.5

Single target burst damage just isn't what it used to be.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Dee Ehm posted:

Single target burst damage just isn't what it used to be.

Because Alter warped the content so much. The things that make Alter not as great won't come for another year+.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I should level my Vlad and Waver to 90, but they gain so little from it I just haven't bothered...

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Tae posted:

Because Alter warped the content so much. The things that make Alter not as great won't come for another year+.

Well, Shinjuku NA will probably be in mid-January 2019 if they remotely stay on schedule. Not that Jalter ever becomes bad, not even close, but long gone are the days when you could get a perfect storm of NP B B, all crits, powered additionally by Hero Creation and take out a boss in a single turn.

That reminds me I am *really* not looking forward to fighting Lobo again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sylphid posted:

Well, Shinjuku NA will probably be in mid-January 2019 if they remotely stay on schedule. Not that Jalter ever becomes bad, not even close, but long gone are the days when you could get a perfect storm of NP B B, all crits, powered additionally by Hero Creation and take out a boss in a single turn.

That reminds me I am *really* not looking forward to fighting Lobo again.

Considering you don't need to play any of EoR in order or at all for events or such, you can always wait until CCC happens. BB makes Avengers into a cakewalk.