Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

ManofManyAliases posted:

shrimp and grits

more like grimp and shits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fain80
Jan 18, 2013

Free Hugs

ManofManyAliases posted:

Their shrimp and grits are as good as I have had when I visited Nashville. I would get again.

I've never been to Portland but I can do this too. Man, whenever I go there I always start with the Screen Door Praline Bacon. It is to die for.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

Ayn Marx posted:

Our own mods will probate this ruthlessly

No one will find it.

Ok, I liked: 15 people (max) might accidentally happen upon it.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

AP posted:

Are your feeling the same for anyone who appears on those marketing videos hyping poo poo that doesn't exist and never will exist to gullible idiots?

Personally if I worked at CIG I wouldn't really be worried about anyone here, it's the insane cultists in for thousands that would concern me. Anyone who reads this thread and still has money involved has at least had a few years worth of entertainment out of Star Citizen and they should be fully aware that the fault is all theirs if they haven't bailed out by now.

I remember hearing this argument last year. I guess I'm too stubborn.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

The Titanic posted:

I can understand your perspective on it. The part I'm not getting is the why part.

Can you explain why you feel this is a good idea? How will it promote your cause?

It seems to me like you will only get negative publicity for this, and the swarms will herd to protect CIG from the bogey man again.

Looking forward to your why this is a good thing reply! :)

The "why" is a very good question. Not only because I "can"; but because it's important that all key people who have worked on the project be "known". Right now, we know most of them from the various interviews, as well as the CIG/RSI propaganda videos; but most gamers aren't aware that the key people making the game, are mostly gone or have a limited role in order to keep up appearances. This is very relevant, as much as you would be concerned if all of a sudden the guy you trusted, and paid to fix your car, suddenly disappeared - without warning - and you're now left dealing with some mechanic who is probably clueless.

I've had this listing for quite some time, and I update it regularly. Like the funding docs or our Goon who data mines Star Citizen data to come up with charts, I use it to keep abreast of people coming and going, via LinkedIn, as well as CIG own videos and published material. Aside from what sources tend to tell me from time to time. e.g. the recent Ali B issue is shrouded in obfuscation, this despite the fact that he is no longer an employee of F42-UK.

For me, it's really just another page in my long running reports on the game; and just another blog.

MeLKoR posted:

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not getting the outrage about this as long as it's a simple list of names and what positions they occupied. If there is a shitload of people leaving that's very relevant to the state of CIG and if Derek simply says "30 people left in the last couple of months" he'll be called a liar. If all he's doing is pointing the people that left CIG on Linkedin I don't see a problem, it's just that I know if he posted/linked to such a thing here we'd have the FYAD brigade screaming for mods in 10 minutes top.

That's exactly all it is. Yet, despite my saying so several times already - like everywhere - some people are just speculating on what it will contain, as well as the intent. The reason is that they've been indoctrinated to think that any such listing is doxxing. Which it isn't.

The Titanic posted:

It's going to be people's names, accounts, etc, on a site that is doing its best to show how this whole thing is a huge scam. It's not the list I feel is the problem, it's the presentation.

That's an ill-conceived concern because, as I said, go to LinkedIn right now, login, and in the search bar enter "people who work for cloud imperium games" and you will get a list. Do the same for the other companies associated with the project.

Look, you guys know me already. I will neither do anything illegal, nor put people at risk. So just give me the benefit of the doubt, OK?

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 26, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

JugbandDude posted:

You mean each project is listing their own dev team? It doesn't look like the same case.

No offense, man, but it feels like you are keeping one of those police boards with pictures and the hierarchy of a criminal organization.

I feel for the little guys here. They are not SS soldiers "just" following orders, they are trying hard to make a dream come true, even though there is no solid design, plan or management.

I'm the little strings between the pushpins of Derek's crazy-board.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Ghostlight posted:

If Star Citizen fails then the powerful crowdfunding industry will lobby every government ever to erode consumer rights laws so that the right to lose your money to incompetence is preserved.

Will they start a kickstarter to pay for the lobbyist?

No takebacksies!

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

The Titanic posted:

I can understand your perspective on it. The part I'm not getting is the why part.

Can you explain why you feel this is a good idea? How will it promote your cause?

It seems to me like you will only get negative publicity for this, and the swarms will herd to protect CIG from the bogey man again.

Looking forward to your why this is a good thing reply! :)

Ahhh, the "why."

Derek is the backers' Knight in Shining Armor, don't you know? He genuinely cares for us and wants no harm to come of us when it all comes crashing down. After all, who else will hold the pyramid-scheme participants accountable?

:rolleyes:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ahhh, the "why."

Derek is the backers' Knight in Shining Armor, don't you know? He genuinely cares for us and wants no harm to come of us when it all comes crashing down. After all, who else will hold the pyramid-scheme participants accountable?

If you think goons by and large look at him as a that, then :laffo: . To me, Derek is a clown, whoring on attention to fuel his own ego-trip.

But it just so happens that a) That ego-trip's pretty fun once you get onboard and b) It's legit unnerving people who are, by this point, scam artists as well as their obedient whale defenders.

And that's really funny.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Please, reminder that it is intensely hosed up to dox or even attempt to dox people. It is insane that it has happened twice in here, and now this deeply disturbed 50 year old man is trying to do it again. Please, noone follow his lead, and instead refrain from such dreadful activities. Do not doxx, do not use google map to search people's homes or working spaces, do not incessantly refresh there linkedins.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Seriously, how loving hard is it to not be an immense creep and scour through every possible last inch of some people's internet identity?
And you guys actually wanted him back after he got banned? What the hell is wrong with you?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

D_Smart posted:

words and stuff

Derek, what are the chances of us getting a tell all book when this is over? Not your/our opinions, but an actual CIG insider (the coffee boy who knows everything?) who will tell us what the dumpster fire looked like from the inside?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
2.6.2 isn't dropping until late april/may

concept sale up in mid feb

lol

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

Their shrimp and grits are as good as I have had when I visited Nashville. I would get again.

Fain80 posted:

I've never been to Portland but I can do this too. Man, whenever I go there I always start with the Screen Door Praline Bacon. It is to die for.

Man I haven't been back to Portland in years... Kinda feeling a little homesick now haha.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Oh, and he inspires jealousy in idiots from FYAD, which they mask as concern trolling. That's super funny to me too.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
no sq42 episode this year

prelude is gone

3.0 is a maybe, but looking like 2018 or very, very late 2017 with a lot of features cut

lol

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
expect a lot of vids and promos and demos but no actual updates to the game

get a refund now, right now

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I'm the little strings between the pushpins of Derek's crazy-board.

Don't be so modest. I'm sure your picture is on the board, Toast.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I paged ArfJason to the thread and now he has a sixer, I kinda feel bad :(

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

I paged ArfJason to the thread and now he has a sixer, I kinda feel bad :(

You're just a regular ol cactus dick, ain'cha?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

TheAgent posted:

no sq42 episode this year

prelude is gone

3.0 is a maybe, but looking like 2018 or very, very late 2017 with a lot of features cut

lol

Go on...I'm almost there.

I figured a concept was coming. Got to think there will at least be some level of blow back.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

I mean, we can all have opinions right? You can repeat whatever you wrote in a blog or yelled on twitter - doesn't make it correct.

Yeah. Like your iron-clad ToS. Or the fact that Star Citizen was going to be finished end of 2016. Or that it's totally not a scam - honest.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

You're just a regular ol cactus dick, ain'cha?

He is the hero this thread needs right now, I assume he knew the consequences.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
Guys, guys, guys... It's OPEN DEVELOPMENT. We get to see everything and everyone working there. It's part of CIG's deal with the backers. The backers are the ones fielding the role of publisher here so everyone involved should be apprised of all the internal comings and goings.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Ahhh, the "why."

Actually no, I don't give a poo poo about you. And I never did.

I care about those who, at some point in time, were misled (by people like you) into thinking that they were locked into this scam and without a prayer of getting their money back.

I care about an industry which has defined my career and livelihood, while allowing me to pursue my dreams of being a gamedev, not scamming gullible people out of their money.

I care about what will happen when this poo poo-show finally collapses and the far reaching implications that it will have on, not only crowd-funding, but also the ability to raise funds from investors and|or governments for game development.

More importantly, I care about the fact a company exec and his minions, declared war on me because, as a 30 year gamedev vet and someone who has built massive games, I dared question the development.

My motivations have always been crystal clear, unwavering and specific.

You, on the other hand are here fighting dissent because as a known Shillizen - and possible CIG employee/contractor - you have no choice.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:lol:

It's like the Independence Day speech, only 1000% more retarded.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

:lol:

It's like the Independence Day speech, only 1000% more retarded.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I think it's cool that entertainment comes from every side of this argument

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
I wonder if Derek will ever do a "Chris/escapist" rant?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

TheAgent posted:

2.6.2 isn't dropping until late april/may

concept sale up in mid feb

lol

this will screw up that idiot's release/months in development graph :(

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
oh-oh. over at CIG/F42, a dozen devs cried out in fear

http://www.develop-online.net/news/amazon-unveils-amazon-lumberyard-1-7-beta/0228846

remember back when I wrote that their use of Lumberyard in 2.6 was restricted to it's implementation of AWS/S3, hence the need to display the logo?

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/lumberyard/latest/releasenotes/lumberyard-v1.7.html

section: Updated AWS SDK

listing: Amazon S3

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/824676929064370176

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 26, 2017

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

The Titanic posted:

I have no problem with this, and all the info is totally public. I'm sure it's all on linked in too.

The real difference is in the presentation. I don't feel like Derek's blog is going to be "and here's a totally innocent list of names from this seating chart".

It's going to be people's names, accounts, etc, on a site that is doing its best to show how this whole thing is a huge scam. It's not the list I feel is the problem, it's the presentation.

It's like having an FBI most wanted list, and at the bottom they say "Oh and here's our seating chart! :)" and suddenly people are on the list who probably don't need to be there.

Data is powerful not that it contains data, but how it is presented. I'm not sure if Derek's blog, outing a scam, is the best place to put random names of people working there; unless of course they are irrefutably part of the scam. Ortwin deserves to be there, Jay Thomas in seat 12B working on the drink mini game probably doesn't.

doxxing is say: an anon utuberr gets outed. Someone who dislikes him leaks his real name, address, phone #, working address and employer etc. That is doxxing that is illegal.
There would be no other way of getting that from the net unless it was leaked.

If you have info on social media and people aggregate that poo poo then so be it. If you dont want it out there dont post it. Pretty plain and simple to me. If you have actually been doxxed you will understand.
If you have been swatted you will understand. But gently caress me if DS posts poo poo on his twatter that isnt doxxing that is him being a dick and pointing out people are dropping off cig.

Dont leave clues and bread crumbs and cover your tracks. I thought goons knew this?

edit people are creepy and have stalkers - just like this thread.

If you dont want to post social media aggregation and poo poo then say so and make it a rule.

intardnation fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Jan 26, 2017

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.
Star citizen is bad but I got hired today for a comfy career so I am in a happy mood today. :pgabz:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
droppin' my doxx in the space toilet, brb

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

CrazyLoon posted:

droppin' my doxx in the space toilet, brb

same

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Goobs posted:

Star citizen is bad but I got hired today for a comfy career so I am in a happy mood today. :pgabz:

Congratulations. Now save your money.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Sillybones posted:

Sure this has already been done better before. Well, gently caress you.

late but I like this

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

just my luck the doxx was so big and radius I now have an anal fissure. gently caress me. DS stop Doxxing. It hurts. sitting hurts. Have to call the DR now.

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

MeLKoR posted:

Maybe I'm missing something here but I'm not getting the outrage about this as long as it's a simple list of names and what positions they occupied. If there is a shitload of people leaving that's very relevant to the state of CIG and if Derek simply says "30 people left in the last couple of months" he'll be called a liar. If all he's doing is pointing the people that left CIG on Linkedin I don't see a problem, it's just that I know if he posted/linked to such a thing here we'd have the FYAD brigade screaming for mods in 10 minutes top.

Even before that, actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Goobs posted:

noyce!! no matter what MoMA says, do NOT buy into Star Citizen with your first paycheck. :grin: