Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Hmm so made a race of assimilator robots called the 'friendly robots', but everyone hates me still. wiz pls.

edit: and any tips? everyone in the galaxy is all defensive pact'ed up and all rival me automatically? liek what am i supposed to do just turtle up?

Assimilators aren't the friendly choice-that's Servitors. They're one of the war-types. No one biological likes them thanks to the 'Dreaded Assimilators' -100 and the Spiritualist 'Soul Thieves' -200. If there are other machines, try to be friends with them. There's a Versatility tree pick that helps you out with this.

Otherwise prepare your fleets and troops for work like normal. Your version of Paradise Dome exploits both Minerals and Energy, and boosts Cybernetic pops mineral and energy gather by 15%. But many things you can get still target robots specifically.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Nov 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Bloodly posted:

Assimilators aren't the friendly choice. They're one of the war-types. No one likes them.

Literally the Borg.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Assimilators are actually not one of the 'no diplo' types, in that they can still interact with Enclaves, which is an enormously powerful difference. But yeah nobody will ever like you.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PittTheElder posted:

Assimilators are actually not one of the 'no diplo' types, in that they can still interact with Enclaves, which is an enormously powerful difference. But yeah nobody will ever like you.

This is not true. In my current game, the nearby assimilators are in defensive pacts with both of the other hive minds in the galaxy.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Dick Trauma posted:

How do you manage dissenting factions? In CK II I could plot against the leaders, or pressure the followers, but in Stellaris it seems my choice is limited to hitting the "Suppress" button which didn't seem to do anything other than making them even unhappier. Their unhappy constituents are scattered across my empire, bringing down productivity.

if you can, build robots to do your mining and any important resource gathering. automation is key to surviving mass dissent, let the whiny motherfuckers be whiny motherfuckers without your economy taking a hit. research is not so affected so move the whiny pops to research buildings.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

PittTheElder posted:

Other robots are fine with assimilators, even robots that like organics.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Dick Trauma posted:

How do you manage dissenting factions? In CK II I could plot against the leaders, or pressure the followers, but in Stellaris it seems my choice is limited to hitting the "Suppress" button which didn't seem to do anything other than making them even unhappier. Their unhappy constituents are scattered across my empire, bringing down productivity.

They all get on the materialist train when I forcibly upload them into their flawless new metallic forms.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Ime gestalts all seem to band together so maybe try that

there's none.

also i got declared on, forgot you had to immediately make war demands....is there any way around this? or did i just gently caress myself?

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

there's none.

also i got declared on, forgot you had to immediately make war demands....is there any way around this? or did i just gently caress myself?

War/demand system is real real fuckin' bad, nope :(
That's why it's all getting gutted and changed.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

um, so apparently the ai can deny you access, but allow it for your war enemy? someone declared war on me and they just run away into "neutral" territory and i can't get them.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fututor Magnus posted:

if you can, build robots to do your mining and any important resource gathering. automation is key to surviving mass dissent, let the whiny motherfuckers be whiny motherfuckers without your economy taking a hit. research is not so affected so move the whiny pops to research buildings.

late_stage_capitalism.txt

um, so apparently the ai can deny you access, but allow it for your war enemy? someone declared war on me and they just run away into "neutral" territory and i can't get them.

Yes, closed borders are a per-empire thing, and they're closed by default on any rivals.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

hmm so how can you actually play a machine empire? i'm just getting dogpiled constantly with pairs of empires all declaring on me. never attacked anyone.

so far i've just been alt-f4'ing the second someone declares war on me and sometimes that stops them...my only friend is the fallen empire :(

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
realize that all flesh is weak, and murder them all

never not play determined exterminators

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I play determined exterminators without the actual civic, it sometimes makes it slightly easier at the beginning by outsmarting silly fleshies into thinking I might not reprocess them all, and also is nice that I can pick another civic. I win wars by building more ships through the power of industry and automation, not some pansy rear end civic bonus.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

kujeger posted:

realize that all flesh is weak, and murder them all

never not play determined exterminators

yeah actually hit a bit of a stride, the spiritualist duo that declared war on me had basically nothing. don't know why they did it. but got 3 full planets out of the deal that are now assimilated into the space friendship society. i think i'm buff enough now that no one will bother me while i ramp up.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

You can do this as well, if the third empire likes you but doesn't like your enemy. It makes sense, if the other empire hates you enough to close borders you're going to be at war with them eventually.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

Wait a 3rd party can choose who goes into their territory? Why wasn't this picked up by QA?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Stretch Marx posted:

Wait a 3rd party can choose who goes into their territory? Why wasn't this picked up by QA?
He means if he's at war with the Furlongs and they flee into Kazon space he can't chase the Furlongs into Kazon space without either going to war with the Kazon's or the Kazon's opening their borders to him.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Gobbeldygook posted:

He means if he's at war with the Furlongs and they flee into Kazon space he can't chase the Furlongs into Kazon space without either going to war with the Kazon's or the Kazon's opening their borders to him.

I mean, that's how it works IRL.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Relevant Tangent posted:

I mean, that's how it works IRL.

Not if you ask Kissinger

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
If you want to go all Cambodian on someone's rear end then you better be playing Space America. Just remember defensive pacts don't fire when you're the one declaring war and unless you make an enticing offer to your federation/friends they won't jump in either.

But this also works in your favour as well. Especially when you have a fallen or awakened empire blocking the way.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Mr. Fix It posted:

Not if you ask Kissinger SEAL Team Six

Psychotic Weasel posted:

If you want to go all Cambodian Pakistan on someone's rear end then you better be playing Space America.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Is there a "easy" way to find Anomalies that you skipped

and

planets that can be terraformed?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Descar posted:

Is there a "easy" way to find Anomalies that you skipped

and

Anomalies that you left alone leave a little microscope icon by their system on the galactic map.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Also if you have the remove clutter map mode on the anomaly icon will only show up if you have a science ship selected.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

An Anomalies tab on the organizer would be a nice addition.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm at around 2405 on my current game with my imperialist space crab monarchy, and I could probably snag a quick Domination win by knocking over my neighbor to the west and then mopping up his tributaries... but I'd feel bad because they've been stalwart allies for pretty much the entire game. So I'll just have to continue to chip away at the bigger rear end in a top hat empire to the east.

One moment of hilarity was when my main fleet was trapped in an AE territory because of hyperlanes and closed borders, and I tried to get them to close borders on me by insulting them. Their shocked response of "I... I don't... why would you say that to me??!" was pretty funny.

gowb
Apr 14, 2005

turn off the TV posted:

An Anomalies tab on the organizer would be a nice addition.

Also a way to search for structures in general. I could've sworn I had another broke science megacomplex SOMEWHERE.

also also a button to upgrade all military stations at the same time.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

One moment of hilarity was when my main fleet was trapped in an AE territory because of hyperlanes and closed borders, and I tried to get them to close borders on me by insulting them. Their shocked response of "I... I don't... why would you say that to me??!" was pretty funny.
If you click the little "return home" button on a fleet/ship and it can't find a route it will give you the option to emergency FTL.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Splicer posted:

If you click the little "return home" button on a fleet/ship and it can't find a route it will give you the option to emergency FTL.

Aagghhhh that would have been really handy, oh well that AE is pissy at me anyway for refusing to submit to them. I'd take them out if they weren't already a handy distraction for the big assholes over east.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Descar posted:

I believe those should show up in the expansion planner.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Descar posted:

Yeah, expansion planner. Make sure you set the habitability filter to the appropriate level though, if you set it at 60% or whatever, that'll most likely filter them all out.

Though I find it's much easier to just use the galactic map for that honestly. Toggle details on and it will show you the currently non-colonizable planets (in red).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Though that doesn't include barren terraformable worlds, as those don't show up as habitable, but I think explicitly do show up in the planner.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
It should default to 0% habitility and show everything but I don't know of adding in other species or techs changes that. You'll just need to look through the modifiers column to pick out the planets. There's other toggles in there but I rarely use the planner so I don't remember what they all do but it shouldn't hide anything.

If they end up in another empire's borders (and thus are not colonizable) then they may not show up.

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
https://twitter.com/Martin_Anward/status/932959350926336001

Despite the tweet text, this looks like a new humanoid portrait.

Aethernet
Jan 28, 2009

This is the Captain...

Our glorious political masters have, in their wisdom, decided to form an alliance with a rag-tag bunch of freedom fighters right when the Federation has us at a tactical disadvantage. Unsurprisingly, this has resulted in the Feds firing on our vessels...

Damn you Huxley!

Grimey Drawer
I bet the DLC is some form of actual static galaxy with inbuilt lore and races, something like the New Horizons mod. This would make Stellaris more like other mapgames, which I think Wiz has mentioned he wanted to do before.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Feature request: select an empire during a game and save them/their starting configuration as a race. Sometimes I end up getting invested in/hating a randomly generated AI empire and I'd like to save them for future games.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Aethernet posted:

I bet the DLC is some form of actual static galaxy with inbuilt lore and races, something like the New Horizons mod. This would make Stellaris more like other mapgames, which I think Wiz has mentioned he wanted to do before.

My gut says this will be like adding later start dates that no one ever uses.

The fundamental core of the game is build around the random generation.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

On that note, more random generation options would be one of the single greatest, and probably most cost effective additions to the game I can possibly suggest.

More galaxy types please!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Premade galaxy!? But my precious carefully collected custom species! Look how happy they are to live in my games it's like a sanctuary for them

• Locked thread