Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

Tim Whatley posted:

Did you guys know some insanely talented people have built a 1:1 scale of WDW, DL and Universal over like 7 years including working rides in Minecraft? I just messed around a bunch and holy crap it's impressive. Just got off Dinosaur.

http://mcparks.us/

This is really something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

Empress Brosephine posted:

ISN'T ALL ACCOUNTS THAT DISNEY SPRINGS IS CURRENTLY The cluster gently caress and city walk is just fine and doing it right? I could be wrong

While I haven't been to CityWalk since it reopened, I've been to Disney Springs and I thought it was fine. You'd occasionally see someone with a mask down their chin, sometimes with a drink in their hands but sometimes without. We thought it was fine and wouldn't characterize it was a clusterfuck.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Omne posted:

While I haven't been to CityWalk since it reopened, I've been to Disney Springs and I thought it was fine. You'd occasionally see someone with a mask down their chin, sometimes with a drink in their hands but sometimes without. We thought it was fine and wouldn't characterize it was a clusterfuck.

There's been a lot of coverage of the past few days and literally hundreds of photos (largely of different people) posted with folks with no mask on, rubbing their faces, etc.

It ain't gonna be good.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Meeting starts in an hour, but there's the public comment section, and Sea World and a few other reports before Disney.

Also this...

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1265624945016569856

(Today is the first day World of Disney is open at Disney Springs)

edit: All the way over to Days of Christmas 30 mins prior to opening (which is next to Rainforest)
https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1265638136954175488

https://twitter.com/AllEarsNet/status/1265636836170436609

Atricks fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 27, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atricks posted:

Meeting starts in an hour, but there's the public comment section, and Sea World and a few other reports before Disney.

Also this...

https://twitter.com/WDWNT/status/1265624945016569856

(Today is the first day World of Disney is open at Disney Springs)

Not too bad, I only counted one accidental physical interaction and only 8-9 people without a mask in that whole video. I'm really interested to see what afternoon looks like vs early morning.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Recent report has a CM yelling over the crowd near the entrance to disperse because of course people have to be awful and crowd up near the entrance

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

couldcareless posted:

Recent report has a CM yelling over the crowd near the entrance to disperse because of course people have to be awful and crowd up near the entrance

I don't think you understand, the MUST be in first or else :ohdear:

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/allearsnet/status/1265636836170436609?s=21

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Darth TNT posted:

I don't think you understand, the MUST be in first or else :ohdear:

It's a virtual queue, which is what makes this mind boggling. Once your name is on the list, go walk around springs, sit somewhere shady, do something besides crowd the entrance. It's not that hard

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Springs shut already for capacity, Good luck Universal when you open next week.

https://twitter.com/ExpThemePark/status/1265651205637836800

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I think the thing I find most confusing is, are these locals or are there really out of towners in Orlando right now?

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
SeaWorld is opening up June 11 for the public, employees the day before. Disney is after SeaWorld in the meeting

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

couldcareless posted:

I think the thing I find most confusing is, are these locals or are there really out of towners in Orlando right now?

It's probably 50% just social media people.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Atricks posted:

SeaWorld is opening up June 11 for the public, employees the day before. Disney is after SeaWorld in the meeting

Hell yeah bring the Epcot tombstones back, we're gonna need'em.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man
Disney World opening up on July 11th, (Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom). DHS and Epcot on July 15th. A few limited/cast Preview days before hand.

They want to use a reservation system to get in, but provided no details.

https://ocfl.app.box.com/s/jcwvdt5dxyekx2a8nx5ym0khgm65e6hh/file/670398744590

No parades, fireworks at first.

No details at all on hotels or the water parks.

By the time they open Universal will have been open over a month and we'll have a good idea on how well it works or not. (The mask thing may not survive until July) July 4th week Universal and SeaWorld are bound to fiill up to whatever reduced capacity they have.

Atricks fucked around with this message at 16:21 on May 27, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I am actually impressed at their restraint. Gives enough time to see if the other parks opening causes a spike, also let's their employees keep getting that fed assisted unemployment.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
The plans are basically "Temp screening, ask people to wear masks, and lots and lots of signs".

As we all know Guests LOVE to read and follow signs. I really laughed at the one that was "Please don't use this table" and "Please don't move chairs". Like that is going to be followed...

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Zero One posted:

The plans are basically "Temp screening, ask people to wear masks, and lots and lots of signs".

As we all know Guests LOVE to read and follow signs. I really laughed at the one that was "Please don't use this table" and "Please don't move chairs". Like that is going to be followed...

Let the bodies hit the floor.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Additionally, Disney Vacation Club properties at Walt Disney World and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will begin to reopen to Members and Guests on June 22. Disney Vacation Club properties in Vero Beach, Florida, and Hilton Head, South Carolina, will open on June 15.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I have a feeling the parks will be at capacity every day for the first week or two, and then people will realize July in Orlando is loving miserable and stay away until late August/September (also miserable, but ever so slightly less so.)

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 17:41 on May 27, 2020

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Parks will be fully occupied by people who refuse to wear a mask because "it's their right" and bloggers.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1265695499367129088?s=20

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

couldcareless posted:

Parks will be fully occupied by people who refuse to wear a mask because "it's their right" and bloggers.

Yeah that's the thing about anything that's opening now. The danger is still there so everyone who goes really needs to follow the rules but only the least compliant people will even go at all.

Atricks
Nov 5, 2003
Hurricane Man

Dren posted:

Yeah that's the thing about anything that's opening now. The danger is still there so everyone who goes really needs to follow the rules but only the least compliant people will even go at all.

I'll be going to one of the Universal AP days at least next week, I'll see how it goes there. Although what happens there the first week may not be a good indication of WDW in July. (By then it'll probably have fallen apart at Universal just because of the nature of people.)

Disney's Covid Special hours (follows Universal shrinking hours by at least 3 hours):

Animal Kingdom: 8AM-6PM
Magic Kingdom: 9AM-7PM
Hollywood: 10AM-8PM
Epcot: 11AM-9PM

Atricks fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 28, 2020

Anya
Nov 3, 2004
"If you have information worth hearing, then I am grateful for it. If you're gonna crack jokes, then I'm gonna pull out your ribcage and wear it as a hat."
Looks promising for my end of July trip.

FYI - all bookings are down. Dining is down. FP is probably down for tomorrow and so on. Good times today.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'm turning 28 on the 28th, so I'm going to Wine Bar George tomorrow. They're doing electronic check-in at the parking garages and the restaurant to verify that you've got a reservation and text your phone a menu link so they don't even need to hand out disposable menus.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

chitoryu12 posted:

I'm turning 28 on the 28th, so I'm going to Wine Bar George tomorrow. They're doing electronic check-in at the parking garages and the restaurant to verify that you've got a reservation and text your phone a menu link so they don't even need to hand out disposable menus.

Enjoy your golden birthday! Sorry it happened on this poo poo stain of a year.

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

These restrictions and limitations are going to be rough. It sounds like park hopping won't really be possible during this initial phase, and per the DIS water parks won't be opening when the parks do, plus no parades/fireworks/limited shows, limited hours....ouch. The value of my Platinum Plus AP is severely diminished

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

Omne posted:

These restrictions and limitations are going to be rough. It sounds like park hopping won't really be possible during this initial phase, and per the DIS water parks won't be opening when the parks do, plus no parades/fireworks/limited shows, limited hours....ouch. The value of my Platinum Plus AP is severely diminished

They were really good about extending the APs for the number of days closed and as a holder I certainly appreciated how no-fuss that was. All of that given yeah I'm not exactly going to be hopping down from TN anytime soon with that much stuff closed off. I'm sure the DIS crew are suitably furious on my behalf so I'll just say hey it sucks, but me wanting a full park experience is kinda irrelevant in the larger scheme of things right now.

Also if they delay Tron we riot.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

https://twitter.com/themeparX/status/1265859661695238144?s=19

Wild

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
So what's the deal with the Donkey Kong area? Is that being built still in the upper left? Or is that going to be America only? I feel like I remember them mentioning the DKC world wasn't going to be in the japan version.

I also wonder if the American version is gonna be bigger. That looks kind of small, but maybe it's just the angle.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Gorgeous theming, wow. It does seem a bit small and cramped, though, but could just be the angle. I'm so used to theme parks having big open spaces to prevent pathway bottlenecks.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Omne posted:

Not as diminished as your life would be with a full lifting.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

couldcareless posted:

Gorgeous theming, wow. It does seem a bit small and cramped, though, but could just be the angle. I'm so used to theme parks having big open spaces to prevent pathway bottlenecks.

Could be scale? Maybe those paths are very very wide?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

How is haunted mansion gonna work with the reopening

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Macaluso posted:

do not step into the dead center of the room. there's no room for the 1000th spirit.

skipdogg
Nov 29, 2004
Resident SRT-4 Expert

Macaluso posted:

probably going to bypass the stretching room

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

It's mostly the part right after it, where, for some godforsaken reason, you go into the next room that turns into a funnel where the people in the big crowd have to handle becoming a line on their own. It's always a huge mess and I never understood why they set it up that way.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
https://twitter.com/wdwmagic/status/1266022278711607298?s=21

quote:

Opening hours have moved to staggered approach, with Animal Kingdom opening at 8am, Magic Kingdom at 9am, Studios at 10am and EPCOT at 11am.

Extra Magic Hours continue on the same dates and duration as before, but adjusted to fit the new park hours.

During July 2020

Disney's Hollywood Studios, originally 9am - 9pm, now 10am - 8pm.
Disney's Animal Kingdom, originally 9am - 8:30pm, now 8am - 6pm.
EPCOT, originally 9am - 9pm, now 11am - 9pm.
Magic Kingdom, originally 9am - 10pm, now 9am - 7pm.
During August 2020

Disney's Hollywood Studios, originally 9am - 9pm, now 10am - 8pm.
Disney's Animal Kingdom, originally 9am - 8:30pm, now 8am - 6pm.
EPCOT, originally 9am - 9pm, now 11am - 9pm. No late closings for Food and Wine Festival weekends.
Magic Kingdom, originally 9am - 10pm, now 9am - 7pm. Notably, the 6pm closes on Halloween party nights have been removed and continue with the 7pm close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

skipdogg posted:

probably going to bypass the stretching room

oh noooo now how will i demonstrate my superior knowledge of the parks by saying the monologue along with the ghost host