Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

lite_sleepr posted:

I Sargento'd me the Nippon Desu samurai guy and the boreal dancer.

Well then yeah you broke the poo poo out of the traditional sequence.

The game is designed so that you will first realistically be able to obtain 20,000 souls and hold on to them around the Cathedral of the Deep if not a little later. Getting the key that early basically means the game hasn't set the "Stage" for Patches yet.

You have about ten hours of gameplay to go before you will unlock Patches, and you already bugged out the Cathedral event so don't bother trying to get it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Melanion posted:

I consumed him with a heaping helping of cheese because I was well tired of his loving charge.

I got him down to one hit for the second time and missed my axe swing and got touched by his toe nail and died

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
How many people having trouble with Ocerios played BB?

Ocerios is basically a BB boss and needs to be treated like one

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is the sword spear good for PvE or is it more for pvp? I'm thinking pushing towards a quality build in NG+ and using the sunlight straight sword, lothric knight sword, drakeblood sword, and/or that. All depending on what's more fun.

It's very good for PVE. One of the best spears 1handed since it has those sweeping r2s, 2handed it's a halberd which are good plus the poke r2s let you use it in tight spaces, and very few enemies can actually dodge the Skill.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Tokyo Sex Whale posted:

The wiki says the horsehoof is +10% stamina drain on attacks too, +30% on kicks. Stacks with knightslayer.

So it's like the knightslayer ring but better, and it stacks? Groovy.

No shield will be safe from the mighty leg of KICKMAN!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dark Souls

(I really miss pools of blood)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
come on and slam

https://fat.gfycat.com/CookedWildAnemoneshrimp.webm

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Are the ps4 servers still down? Apparently it was only supposed to be between 4-6 pst.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

he's like a lovely braindead ludwig

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ruggington posted:

he's like a lovely braindead ludwig

Pretty much, right down the gently caress your face lunge

Treat him like Ludwig

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Forgive me if this has been discussed before because this thread moves very quickly, but I have an IMPORTANT LORE QUESTION:

Why is this dog pregnant?

It's under the bridge in Road of Sacrifices, where you find Morne's Ring and a miracle tome. There are two dogs there and one of them has a distinct growth on its belly. You can see it there, trying to eat my helmet. I can't remember any other dog with a gut like that.

Here's a better picture. Unfortunately as a pyromancer I do not have the tools for an autopsy.

What does this all mean? Can undead dogs gently caress?

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
Coulda been pregnant when it turned undead

Should have popped out zombie puppies when it died imo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Pretty much, right down the gently caress your face lunge

Treat him like Ludwig

ludwigs dash didn't have 0 frames of startup

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Alright question for you guys. In this I have the same icon on both my charcters (one who's finished the game and one freshly started). It's the fourth one under the endurance bar. Just what the hell is it?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Spanish Manlove posted:

Is the sword spear good for PvE or is it more for pvp? I'm thinking pushing towards a quality build in NG+ and using the sunlight straight sword, lothric knight sword, drakeblood sword, and/or that. All depending on what's more fun.

As an owner and user of it I thik it's the exact opposite. It's great for PvE and poor for PvP. Don't expect the Dragonslayer Swordspear's weapon art to ever catch anyone in pvp unless you think they're really bad. It's more of a faith weapon though, I don't know how well it would do for a pure physical build.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Fibby Boy posted:

Alright question for you guys. In this I have the same icon on both my charcters (one who's finished the game and one freshly started). It's the fourth one under the endurance bar. Just what the hell is it?

you have a password on.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Well then yeah you broke the poo poo out of the traditional sequence.

The game is designed so that you will first realistically be able to obtain 20,000 souls and hold on to them around the Cathedral of the Deep if not a little later. Getting the key that early basically means the game hasn't set the "Stage" for Patches yet.

You have about ten hours of gameplay to go before you will unlock Patches, and you already bugged out the Cathedral event so don't bother trying to get it

really? I think i had the 20k souls for the key at some point around the high wall/early in undead settlement, i bought it as soon as i could afford it.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ruggington posted:

ludwigs dash didn't have 0 frames of startup

There is a tell. I cannot remember what it is off the top of my head, but its there. It might even be audio.

I remember last time I beat him being able to read the tell and dodging each lunge.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the tell is that he ducks his head down and begins to charge

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Tabletops posted:

you have a password on.

Thank you. Was driving me nuts.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.

Cicadalek posted:

Forgive me if this has been discussed before because this thread moves very quickly, but I have an IMPORTANT LORE QUESTION:

It's under the bridge in Road of Sacrifices, where you find Morne's Ring and a miracle tome. There are two dogs there and one of them has a distinct growth on its belly. You can see it there, trying to eat my helmet. I can't remember any other dog with a gut like that.

Here's a better picture. Unfortunately as a pyromancer I do not have the tools for an autopsy.

I saw it too, and thinking about it I don't think it's pregnant, I think it's full from eating that corpse.

My question: Can you die just from the health drain mechanic of those jailers? I've gotten my health down to a silver from it, but got slapped by one of those zombies before I could see if my max health could drop to 0

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tamayachi posted:

I was hoping Patches would have some sort of extra dialogue if you just Homeward Bone right in front of him after he taunts you through the door.

This hope was why I took the long way down, because a homeward bone has a loading screen. Clearly if I take the hard way he will still be around-oh wait no he isn't.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Tamayachi posted:

My question: Can you die just from the health drain mechanic of those jailers? I've gotten my health down to a silver from it, but got slapped by one of those zombies before I could see if my max health could drop to 0

No, it will get down to literally 1 point but not hit zero

Its a zenos paradox attack

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone else feel like the ninja skeletons in the Catacombs are exactly like the ghost ninjas from Majora's Mask? Like, the design is basically the same, 'cept one is bones, and they fight with the same style of weaponry.

Also I just saw on the Game Grumps playthrough that the skeleton with the worker hat in the catacombs is non-aggressive! Is that part of a hidden event, like the pigs in DS2?

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.

Cicadalek posted:

I noticed that today as well. The undead are just spookier versions of regular folk and dogs just going about living their lives til you come along and murder them.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Tamayachi posted:

I saw it too, and thinking about it I don't think it's pregnant, I think it's full from eating that corpse.

Nope, their max HP reduction stops at 1/1.

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Anyone else feel like the ninja skeletons in the Catacombs are exactly like the ghost ninjas from Majora's Mask? Like, the design is basically the same, 'cept one is bones, and they fight with the same style of weaponry.

Also I just saw on the Game Grumps playthrough that the skeleton with the worker hat in the catacombs is non-aggressive! Is that part of a hidden event, like the pigs in DS2?

The Jogging Skeletons With A Nifty Hat are the guys controlling the skeleton boluses. Kill the one controlling the bolus and it'll crash the next time it hits a wall, netting you an item (Undead Bone Shard for the first, Dark Gem for the second).

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Kill the poo poo out of that fucker

Kill the loving poo poo out of him

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Non-aggressive my rear end. They're the ones controlling the skeleton spheres.

Wagrid
Mar 15, 2014

Just a perfectly normal farm hand.
I'm not sure I've ever seen such a drastic boost in power from just one thing in any of these games as getting Chaos Fire Orb on my Pyromancer. It's hella good and I am not complaining at all. I'm enjoying immolating all the Pontiff Knights.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

scary ghost dog posted:

the tell is that he ducks his head down and begins to charge

I spent the entire fight in his dick because I can't hit him anywhere else with the greataxe

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Ruggington posted:

I spent the entire fight in his dick because I can't hit him anywhere else with the greataxe

Are you locking on?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

NotAnArtist posted:

Are the ps4 servers still down? Apparently it was only supposed to be between 4-6 pst.

It didn't start until 6 pst.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

He becomes trivial if you just use a 100% phys shield. Just get up in his dick and block whenever he recovers.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Did BB bosses involve strategically holding up your shield until he zoomed past you enough that you could get a single hit in and then go back to turtling? That strategy got him first try for me.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

argondamn posted:

He becomes trivial if you just use a 100% phys shield. Just get up in his dick and block whenever he recovers.

Vermain posted:

Did BB bosses involve strategically holding up your shield until he zoomed past you enough that you could get a single hit in and then go back to turtling? That strategy got him first try for me.

Shields are for the weak. If you ain't roll dodging you ain't living.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I actually appear to have lived extremely well through Oceiros, the Consumed King, by blocking with a shield.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I had zero problems with Oceiros and I did pretty bad on most of the other late game bosses, barring the Princes. Oceiros only managed to kill me a single time because I wasn't expecting him to leap 20 feet into the air and crush me, which was an OHKO.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Vermain posted:

I actually appear to have lived extremely well through Oceiros, the Consumed King, by blocking with a shield.

You can spend your life restricted in your little shell, or live free with your hair in the wind

Set yourself free

Dodge roll

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Game grumps miss so much and also Arin upgrading carrying weight instead of hp was really funny.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

epic thissery

Oceiros is a really cool fight and turtling it is really boring

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Vince MechMahon posted:

Nope, gotta buy it there. I accidentally killed her the first time (set the controller down to take a drink and it got bumped and I attacked) and lost that stuff because of it.

Does killing this person in <place> also kill her in <other place>? I'm sort of curious about that for no real reason.

e:

Ether Frenzy posted:

From my experience trying to Sunbro at SL1 and SL31 in that area, what you should do is go to the first bonfire of High Wall and then summon 3 phantoms there, then proceed to run to Dancer having killed everything on the way already and get wrecked in 20 seconds after entering because she's 4x more powerful now and you have a bunch of useless phantoms that can't beat her either
Real talk when someone does this when I'm sunbroing I'll black crystal out of there because gently caress that and gently caress you.

The Rokstar fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Apr 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Spooky Bear Ghost posted:

Oceiros is a really cool fight and turtling it is really boring

Dodge rolling it is also really boring, because I'm still just waiting for the cinematic quicktime event of every boss to end so that I can get in my one safe attack before going back to waiting. I'm still doing button presses in time with attacks, but I don't have to worry as much about input delay causing me to lose half my health.