Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Hat Thoughts posted:

The Dear White People netflix show is very good and im glad i powered through the guy in the first episode saying "I'm only a millennial on paper"

How different is it from the original movie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS
i feel like they shouldve titled it "PS"

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

why does pocket casts say it's $9 on the website, but it's $4 on the app store? both say that it syncs across devices...

edit: Oh wow, google says that I have to buy both seperately... that is... not great.

But I mean, I get that it's not a subscription service, so... eh. Bought the mobile app.

I have an Android and I never paid for Pocket Cast, so that must be a new thing, but I also have never used the sync ability

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Snak posted:

Did you know that that's literally the origin of Bugs Bunny eating carrots, and by extension, the entire popular belief that rabbits like to eat carrots?

I'm pretty sure rabbits have been stealing carrots for longer than bugs Bunny has existed

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Lil Mama Im Sorry posted:

New Shining themed Chapo was amazing

"active shooter, active mother" is probably the hardest I've laughed in my car for awhile.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I love that Will wore an Apollo 11 sweatshirt. Even though the live show skits are kinda hokey, I still like them, and appreciate their love for Kubrick.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Apparently Shannon Elizabeth has been spending her time and efforts to promote animal and environment welfare against poaching and such. Very cool.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

married but discreet posted:

Yup American Gods is pretty drat dope so far, I just hope it doesn't crawl up it's own rear end like it very much looks like it could.

i hope it crawls up its rear end and then its rear end crawl ups its rear end in a never-ending fractal replication of asscrawling

e: a lesbian kaleidoscope of asscrawling

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 17:58 on May 1, 2017

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

I'm pretty sure rabbits have been stealing carrots for longer than bugs Bunny has existed

I'd be curious if you have examples of this. The closest I have found is an illustration in The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1901) of a rabbit eating radishes. Wild rabbits don't eat roots.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I liked the new Heineken ad.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Me too.

I don't care if it was totally fake and scripted or whatever. It was a cool thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

It wouldn't have pissed off racists as much. So it woulda been a worse title.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

Me too.

I don't care if it was totally fake and scripted or whatever. It was a cool thing.

There was a similar commercial a few years back with five strangers in a room without lights having a conversation about their interests, and the theme was how we make assumptions based on how people look instead of who they are.

I'm such a sucker for that stuff. I just want people to get along. Except for the assholes on this website who have different opinions than mine, gently caress them.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

I liked the new Heineken ad.

You know that guy who believes you don't deserve equal rights? He's actually alright once he has a few in him.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Moving update: it sucks

After having to strongarm my mom into helping for an hour and listening to her complain the entire time despite me being expected to drop everything to help her, it got up to eighty something and All the Humidity and I'm tired and I still have to take my computer and my video game poo poo and my desk and just UGH

EFFORT

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
The new heineken ad is some humongous bullshit.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Moving update: it sucks

After having to strongarm my mom into helping for an hour and listening to her complain the entire time despite me being expected to drop everything to help her, it got up to eighty something and All the Humidity and I'm tired and I still have to take my computer and my video game poo poo and my desk and just UGH

EFFORT

You should have hired College Hunks Hauling Junk

edit: It'll be okay. I just went through a move a little over two months ago. The bullshit will be over soon and you'll be lounging around soon enough. You got this

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Franchescanado posted:

You should have hired College Hunks Hauling Junk

This is basically what we did when we bought our house a few years ago. We had accumulated so much crap in our apartment (although I was able to convince my wife to dump a lot of it), but our furniture was just so heavy, and finally I said, "gently caress it, we're hiring Two Men and a Truck."

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Magic Hate Ball posted:

The new heineken ad is some humongous bullshit.

I remember the last time a person of color and a power tripping piece of poo poo an officer of the law sat down to discuss their differences, it went over splendidly with white conservative america.

The face of a man willing to listen to reason. Cheers. :cheers:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I always hire movers. It so worth it. Friends are less expensive but not as good or fast.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

I always hire movers. It so worth it. Friends are less expensive but not as good or fast.

Move often enough and you won't have any friends left.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Lobok posted:

We had minimal furniture, like other than going to get the couch and my electronics we did it all in one trip. It was mostly that my help was

Subpar

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Franchescanado posted:

Move often enough and you won't have any friends left.

Totally. Actually, I lied somewhat. The last time we moved we got friends to help but only because it was a move to a different apartment in the same building. Not sure you can hire movers sans truck.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Is it too late to talk about The Circle?

edit: oh cool, there's a thread now

General Dog fucked around with this message at 21:35 on May 1, 2017

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There's a rumor flying around that Eon Productions wants Paul McGuigan to direct the next Bond movie.

That would be ... well, interesting, if nothing else.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Timby posted:

There's a rumor flying around that Eon Productions wants Paul McGuigan to direct the next Bond movie.

Golic?

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Timby posted:

glancing at his CV, it seems like this would be the exact opposite of interesting.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I remember liking Gangster No. 1 when I was like 12.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

You're thinking McGann. You've got Alien stuff on the brain.

Edit:

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

glancing at his CV, it seems like this would be the exact opposite of interesting.

Damning with faint praise, but stuff like Lucky Number Slevin and his episodes of Sherlock are at least interesting to look at (particularly with his blocking), which is a lot more than goobers like Forster or Spottiswoode can say.

Timby fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 1, 2017

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Inspired by Boogs' latest podcast, what are y'alls top 4 movie monsters? No Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, King Kong, Thing, or Alien. I gotta go with Gigan, Gort, and the Predator.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
The T-1000 from T2
The Omega from Edge of Tomorrow
The Mimic bugs from Mimic
the hell dimension from Even Horizon. wait, just Pinhead from Hellraiser.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Inspired by Boogs' latest podcast, what are y'alls top 4 movie monsters? No Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, King Kong, Thing, or Alien.

Son of Dracula, Son of Frankenstein, Son of Kong and That Thing You Do.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Snak posted:

The Mimic bugs from Mimic

My cohost and you would get along.

Lil Mama Im Sorry
Oct 14, 2012

I'M BACK AND I'M SCARIN' WHITE FOLKS

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

My cohost and you would get along.

I just got home from work and im about to queue up Night of the Demon and zone the gently caress out.

Fav monster chat: the gargoyle gremlin from Gremlins 2, he's just a regular gremlin which is already a cool rear end monster design + hes got wings doe

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Hanging Rock, Zaat, the demon Pazuzu, dwarf from Don't Look Now

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Inspired by Boogs' latest podcast, what are y'alls top 4 movie monsters? No Dracula, Frankenstein, Godzilla, King Kong, Thing, or Alien. I gotta go with Gigan, Gort, and the Predator.

*puffing from my pipe*

Man.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You ask for four and yet give only three.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think about Aliens every day because usually when I wake up I'm lookin at 50 alien toys.

They've been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

I just got home from work and im about to queue up Night of the Demon and zone the gently caress out.

Fav monster chat: the gargoyle gremlin from Gremlins 2, he's just a regular gremlin which is already a cool rear end monster design + hes got wings doe

If we're talking gargoyles, the one from Tales From the Darkside: The Movie is great.

• Locked thread