Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gabe really is an ungrateful bastard. Amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
I made a post in one of these threads at some point that "nobody has ever calling taking somebody's temperature a Covid Test" and I rescind that and apologize to whoever I was posting it at. Humanity has failed me and I am disgraced.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/FuckAEW/status/1273300751821963264

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Well, gently caress Twitter.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Well, gently caress Twitter.

I had people tweet "death 2 [my name]" recently and reported it to no response they do not give a poo poo about doing the right thing at all.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Twitter's current bio right now btw

quote:

@Twitter
Black queer lives matter. Black trans lives matter. #BlackLivesMatter

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

You'll notice that statement only encompasses the first level in the heirarchy of needs.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Just went ahead and reported that tweet too

Wendell
May 11, 2003

His account has been restricted for suspicious activity now, whatever that means.

Hunter Leopardson
Dec 24, 2002

Don't be a jerk my friend
When reporting that account, don't just report that one tweet, select their responses in regards to the original tweet as well

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/AKI_Evolution/status/1273648347153420288

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The last part is correct

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Didn’t we have a huge meeting where all agreed that WCW wrote the manual on all the stuff not to do with a wrestling promotion?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

WCW would have died either way, the merger just sped it up by taking away the TV deal. There's no way that company would have survived another year if the merger and the buyout didn't happen.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KINGXFGXTHS/status/1273750755065901060

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

RP accounts are a different breed

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012
Finally someone in the business has some integrity

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1273776566816800769

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

drat, really thought I was done with the phase of my life where TNAMecca made me laugh

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

this reminds me a lot of a local councillor here who said coronavirus was God’s punishment for northern ireland making abortion legal

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Did Joey Ryan get accused of something or is that the dick grab spot/CancelCulture thing? I don't really understand that tweet but I suspect that's a lack of context. I zoned out for a minute and it seems like the wrestling world exploded in MeToo.

edit: Nevermind, I found the hell thread. Should be a fun morning.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Jun 19, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://mobile.twitter.com/OdinsMovieBlog/status/1273923511908777985

Clearly BritWres is trying to protect JOE BIDEN

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

There's been some supremely dumb takes from the whole furore the past few days but this one takes the biscuit

https://twitter.com/yepyep1987/status/1273972240225382401?s=20

What utter scum

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jesus Christ :chloe: the brain poisoning you need to unironically think like that

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Obviously it'd still be a loving stupid & wrong thing to say if it was a fully nude photo but it's not even that. It's...I dunno, even calling it suggestive seems over-egging it. Would she be more believable if she was wearing a bag that covered her from ankles to neck? I don't know why I'm trying to engage with it on its own logic though, it's just a reprehensible view.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wait, Riddle as well? How many people got MeTooed this week?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Something like 40 people and counting.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Yup. content warning for sexual assault/violence against women: he's been accused by WWN/Shine wrestler Candy Cartwright of telling her to "hop on my dick" on a roadtrip. Which she refused he choked her & asked her what she could do if he made her. She ended up giving him oral because what the gently caress do you do when a professional fighter 100lbs heavier than you threatens to rape you?

It's loving horrible and he needs to be done from the WWE & blacklisted, though it's wrestling so I've not got my hopes up. Honestly, if WWE cut him but Riddle doesn't get charged with anything I'd expect him to be in New Japan within 6 months.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Yeah, I haven't been paying that much attention to wrestling news this week and it looks like I missed a bunch of poo poo. There's an entire loving thread of wrestling rapists now.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lumbermouth posted:

Something like 40 people and counting.

It's at least 75 now

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

forkboy84 posted:

There's been some supremely dumb takes from the whole furore the past few days but this one takes the biscuit

https://twitter.com/yepyep1987/status/1273972240225382401?s=20

What utter scum

this is some absolute evil Victorian bullshit.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Lamuella posted:

this is some absolute evil Victorian bullshit.

It's literally "look at what she is wearing, she deserved it"

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

StarkRavingMad posted:

It's literally "look at what she is wearing, she deserved it"

In fact "victorian" is giving later generations unearned credit. I remember reading about judges in rape cases as recently as the 90s scolding victims for how they were dressed.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

squared circle users know that amidst all the poo poo going on, they can't take their eye off the ball lest history's greatest monster slides by.

quote:

I like how meltzer and alvarez has been completely silent on twitter today about this stuff but still find the time to post viewership/demos and that the county wwe tapes in says people should wear masks.

quote:

Because they have propped these people up and dare I say probably knew about some of this. Remember Meltzer was all about being hush hush about Kylie but didn't care that Hana's mother didn't want her daughter death covered. He had no attachment to Hana but with Kylie she had attachment to his boys in AEW.

I know this is tinfoil stuff but I don't care for someone who constantly gets away with the stuff he does.

quote:

Dave Meltzer is a misogynist creep. The reason you don’t see him report on it is the same reason you don’t see Peter Parker report on the identity f Spider-Man.

Guarantee he’ll drop a newsletter where one by one, he claims most of the stories are untrue based on “his sources,” those sources being the dudes themselves.

quote:

The man fabricated a hostage situation, I think the only way he gets cancelled by his own fans is if he does something bad enough to draw main stream media attention or if he starts working for WWE lol

quote:

He’s biased.

Rollins compared bank accounts?? Well,I’m a petty man and gotta call him out.

“-6 stars lmaooo.Rah Rah man do bad”

Ospreay blackballed someone out of the industry because they were sexually harassed by his friend??

“Uhmmm Uhhh Well Y’know It-It happens y’know.Plans change.”

Funny think is Meltzer also used the “Who makes more money?” argument recently.So not only is he biased,he’s also a hypocrite.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

just emotionally horrifying people

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

quote:

A.J. has never once said that he has an issue with gay people.

He used a slur as an insult, which was a commonly used insult at the time, almost to the point of losing it's original meaning.

As for "THE GAY COMMUNITY?!", if you actually listen back to the interview, he is clearly just surprised by the question, and by finding out he is loved in the gay community. He never even got to respond to the actual question.

Neither of those things indicate a dislike of gay people. The slur is one that a LOT of us used, never meaning it as an insult toward gay people, and that all of us have moved on from using.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

guys he just used a gamer word

Barry Scott
Jan 2, 2009

Wow, really? Is it really that difficult for this person to realise that their favourite wrestler might be a shithead?

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Barry Scott posted:

Wow, really? Is it really that difficult for this person to realise that their favourite wrestler might be a shithead?

it's actually incredibly easy, since that person is most likely the same exact kind of shithead. nobody does that level of deflecting in good faith.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinstripe Hourglass
Nov 27, 2008

=RIVER PEOPLE=
Ay yi yi! We look
like... cartoons!

I could probably forgive AJ for saying f*gg*t all those times, given he was very young and being told to do it by his boss, if he would come out and apologize for it now and make some pro-gay statement

but has he ever actually done that?