Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

maybe old news but Sam Wang, the "Hillary has a 99% chance of winning" guy at Princeton who promised to eat a bug if Trump got more than 240 electoral votes, now has a ladybug avatar on Twitter

still want to see him choke on a bug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

wow love this rural whites dont know whats good for them talk, you guys are really crackin the code here

imagine if you said black people instead lmao

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
I
literally
can't
stop
laughing

https://twitter.com/mitchellvii/status/796428440798892032

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Three Olives posted:

My compassionate side says no but part of me is really saying gently caress the rural Trump voters. Because Trump is going to gently caress them so bad, big city "liberal elitists" will be fine, it is the poor and rural that will suffer most under Trump.

Part of me is like gently caress it, let them suffer, let them learn how badly they have been deceived by Trump and Republicans. Maybe it is a lesson they have to learn the hard way.

They are not going to listen to anyone who tells them why their delusions aren't going to work. The only way they will learn is to suffer. Will some innocent people suffer too? Sure, but like billions of others they were born in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The road to progress is paved with the bones with the innocent. Pretending that this ugliness beneath the surface didn't exist was only going to make it worse when it finally broke through. Let it all burn. The liberal elites will still be here long after rural America is reduced to ash.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Augus posted:

I think that the poor and uneducated will continue voting for Republicans as long as the Republicans are the only ones making a serious effort to pretend to appeal to them.

if we could somehow do something about the uneducated part

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

LastInLine posted:

That leads back to the point I made above which is that if you have principles, you don't have to explicitly support the Smoke Weed Every Day contingent because they know the person you are and whether you're likely to support them when they need you. When you go whichever way the wind blows, those same minority groups know that when the going gets tough, you're going to abandon them.

Clinton's disgusting milquetoast reaction to the NODAPL is illustrative of the Democratic Party's relationship with its minority constituencies in general, and now there's definitely going to be a pipeline poisoning the fresh water supply.

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Three Olives posted:

My compassionate side says no but part of me is really saying gently caress the rural Trump voters. Because Trump is going to gently caress them so bad, big city "liberal elitists" will be fine, it is the poor and rural that will suffer most under Trump.

Part of me is like gently caress it, let them suffer, let them learn how badly they have been deceived by Trump and Republicans. Maybe it is a lesson they have to learn the hard way.

Politics is a market. You want people to buy your product and not the other guy's product. People will buy a product that is demonstrably shittier for them if that product is marketed to them and the other isn't.

There is no learning a lesson the hard way. We have to support those who need it and be genuine about it. Otherwise, what's the point?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

wow love this rural whites dont know whats good for them talk, you guys are really crackin the code here

imagine if you said black people instead lmao

Perhaps we should disenfranchise them so that we can better give them that which would cure their ills without them interfering?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Covok posted:

Amityville?

port washington

and we just elected to congress someone who narrowly lost county executive to someone facing at least 20 years for corruption

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

or maybe we should fix and expand education funding

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

how worried should investigative journalists be in January?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

LastInLine posted:

Perhaps we should disenfranchise them so that we can better give them that which would cure their ills without them interfering?

See, this guy has the right idea. Disenfranchise whites! Then, we will all be happy. /s

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

Schnorkles posted:

Good evening friends. Everyone doing okay?

No. we are not ok.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Hmmm 2 elections in the last 5 where the popular vote winner is ignored.

The Republicans refused to govern for years unless they were given all the power. Trump was going to denounce this election as illegitimate if Clintin won by 10.

The Democrats should be withdrawing from the government completely and doing nothing but staging protests the next four years. Instead the biggest firebrands they have, Bernie and Warren are putting out statements about how they're so ready to work with Trump.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

mildly.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

More than they ever should, but not as much as we all think.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Is there any indication that the gutting of the voter protection act suppressed the democratic vote this time around? I forgot about those early efforts to disfranchise voters.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

well i always assume the worst and i'm always right so i'm going to go with

journalists should be very loving worried

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Louisgod posted:

Is there any indication that the gutting of the voter protection act suppressed the democratic vote this time around? I forgot about those early efforts to disfranchise voters.

maybe/maybe not

it's complicated

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Louisgod posted:

I saw a report earlier that around 300,000 voters in WI did not have valid ID to vote. This was a state that Clinton lost by only about 20,000 votes.

It absolutely had an effect in NC as well.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Clinton's disgusting milquetoast reaction to the NODAPL is illustrative of the Democratic Party's relationship with its minority constituencies in general, and now there's definitely going to be a pipeline poisoning the fresh water supply.

You can point to examples all over the place but this one's a good one.

disjoe posted:

We have to support those who need it and be genuine about it. Otherwise, what's the point?

Whoa there, cowboy! Sounds like you're almost considering someone reduced to being a Wal-Mart greeter in Missouri a person rather than some animal. Better back that poo poo up.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Louisgod posted:

Democratic turn out was down even in states without voter suppression.

Covok
May 27, 2013

LastInLine posted:

You can point to examples all over the place but this one's a good one.

Whoa there, cowboy! Sounds like you're almost considering someone reduced to being a Wal-Mart greeter in Missouri a person rather than some animal. Better back that poo poo up.

Out of curiosity, are you from a rural area?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

radical meme posted:

As true now as it was 60 years ago. I'm loving tired of people asking "what have you done for me lately".

I'm close to the age where FYGM is becoming a viable political philosophy.

you're a garbage man

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Here is my design submission for the inevitable Trump Library:

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
These protests will surely end Trump's presidency, much like the Tea Party ended Obama's in 2008.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

disjoe posted:

Politics is a market. You want people to buy your product and not the other guy's product. People will buy a product that is demonstrably shittier for them if that product is marketed to them and the other isn't.

There is no learning a lesson the hard way. We have to support those who need it and be genuine about it. Otherwise, what's the point?

Trump is the Nickelback of politics. The worst, but made so ubiquitous that most people don't even think not to like it.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Incidentally, this has probably been posted already but it's worth repeating. Trump's 100 Day Plan:

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/_landings/contract/O-TRU-102316-Contractv02.pdf

It ranges from "pretty good" to "nothingburger" to "catastrophic," particularly the environmental stuff. But as my corncobbed self prepares for the MAGA future it's good to have a roadmap.

edit: aw poo poo this is from prior to the election, who knows if it's still legit.

Agronox fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 10, 2016

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FlamingLiberal posted:

I saw a report earlier that around 300,000 voters in WI did not have valid ID to vote. This was a state that Clinton lost by only about 20,000 votes.

It absolutely had an effect in NC as well.

Godddddddd dammmmiittttttt

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Augus posted:

I think that the poor and uneducated will continue voting for Republicans as long as the Republicans are the only ones making a serious effort to pretend to appeal to them.

Appeal to what? Bumfuck PA is dead and gone, there are no solutions. Coal can't be profitably mined going forward even if we endanger the miner's safety. Air conditioners can not be profitably manufactured in the US, unskilled labor is too cheap elsewhere. Fine, put a tariff on it, us big city elites can afford it, when your window unit in your trailer home breaks down good luck being able to afford an American made one at Walmart.

Us big city "liberal elite" tried our best to save you but that was not enough, against all evidence, against all advice, against everything we could do you made your lovely bed of despair, enjoy your heroin at this point.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

im arguing with libertarians about the affordable care act, so no

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Schnorkles posted:

im still laughing at great again dot gov

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

I've noticed this kinda poo poo from a lot of Trump supporters...

They're such losers they don't know they've won. They have no idea what to do now.

What a gong show.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

PostNouveau posted:

The Democrats should be withdrawing from the government completely and doing nothing but staging protests the next four years. Instead the biggest firebrands they have, Bernie and Warren are putting out statements about how they're so ready to work with Trump.

It's gross but understandable. I don't think it's the right take though.

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

These protests will surely end Trump's presidency, much like the Tea Party ended Obama's in 2008.

Might as well roll over and die then

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

idk man the tea party just got their biggest win yet

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJp6GygI92Y

it begins

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Coal isn't dead because it's mean, it's dead because natural gas is cheaper.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf

Three Olives posted:

Appeal to what? Bumfuck PA is dead and gone, there are no solutions. Coal can't be profitably mined going forward even if we endanger the miner's safety. Air conditioners can not be profitably manufactured in the US, unskilled labor is too cheap elsewhere. Fine, put a tariff on it, us big city elites can afford it, when your window unit in your trailer home breaks down good luck being able to afford an American made one at Walmart.

Us big city "liberal elite" tried our best to save you but that was not enough, against all evidence, against all advice, against everything we could do you made your lovely bed of despair, enjoy your heroin at this point.

YEAH BUT WAL MARTS GONNA ROLL IT BACK. ROLLBACK! YA MORAN.

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Covok posted:

This makes me sad, honestly.

These people really are broken and Trump gave them hope.

In 4 years, they'll re-elect him on that same promise.

In 8 years, they'll still love him.

In 10 years, they'll die of black lung and the consequences of meth usage.

They really are hosed.

Good.

They absolutely deserve to be hosed at this point. poo poo is going to get bad and they absolutely deserve to eat their portion of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think the only hope Hillary's legacy might have is that a suicide would galvanize some pity for her cause and allow her to become a bit of a martyr, deserved or not.

• Locked thread