Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Lightning is a 50/50 chance.

... I have had lightning every single turn since I remembered I was supposed to be rolling for it on turn 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Luthien I'm rooting for the Kurita, it will be nice to see the IS in the prime place for them: city fighting. It's the one place where the weapon range doesn't really hurt them as much as open fields etc that the clans seem to think only exist in zell combat

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
I hope enough people bow out so that I get a shot at Luthien, its unlikely but a man can hope.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Affi posted:

I hope enough people bow out so that I get a shot at Luthien, its unlikely but a man can hope.

Just need 16 people to bow out and you have this! :v:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

KnoxZone posted:

Just need 16 people to bow out and you have this! :v:

To be fair, I expect to need a lot more alternates.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

PoptartsNinja posted:

To be fair, I expect to need a lot more alternates.

That reminded me, you didn't add me to the Mechwarrior list; My request probably got lost in the deluge a while back.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I think I'm going to be in the luthien mission.

Think I'll just get my account upgraded.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I think we should bring Knox back (he probably got captured by the Hell's Horses at some point) so he can lead the invasion force and show us all how to fall off buildings and get beaten by freebirths in style.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

PoptartsNinja posted:

Luthien Teaser!

What do I have to do to play the opposing force? I'm willing to donate money to charity. This is too good to pass. You should sell the Kuritan spots to people.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Zaodai posted:

I think we should bring Knox back (he probably got captured by the Hell's Horses at some point) so he can lead the invasion force and show us all how to fall off buildings and get beaten by freebirths in style.

Speaking of that battle, I wonder what became of its participants, especially the memorable Mechwarrior Drang. Knowing the way Steel Vipers think of freeborn, Samantha Clover and Rick Hunter probably get to clean toilets with their toothbrushes all day for the rest of their miserable lives*, but Drang handled himself very skillfully and displayed great chivalry (Especially considering that the social norms of his clan really didn't require him to, in that case.). I wonder if he's been moved up to bigger and better things... such as commanding his own star.

*Actually, Samantha may have been spared that fate because, again, Drang seems to be quite a free-thinker, considering where he hails from.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Hob_Gadling posted:

What do I have to do to play the opposing force? I'm willing to donate money to charity. This is too good to pass. You should sell the Kuritan spots to people.

It's a matter of logistics, is the problem. The game's hard enough for PTN to keep track of with a bunch of random players on one side, on both would only make it tougher - not to mention everyone would be even more vigilant for any minor mistake or error that could be construed as giving the other side an advantage, and even if everything goes off without a hitch there'll still probably be trash talk or fighting in the thread itself at some point.

Best just to stick with things as they are. If you support Kurita, consider that you can be happy no matter who wins - for your fellow readers/players if they do, and for your preferred faction if they do.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Dolash posted:

If you support Kurita, consider that you can be happy no matter who wins - for your fellow readers/players if they do, and for your preferred faction if they do.

Alternatively, you can use the time to antagonize the players like I did in the first mission where the side with the most votes got a mission to beat up on the side with the second most votes. :toot:

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Dolash posted:

It's a matter of logistics, is the problem.

I understand very well what it is. The logistics are very easy. Pay money, move within a time limit or lose your opportunity, win or lose. I am sure we have people who are willing to put up or shut up, especially if it means kids with cancer have a better chance.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Hob_Gadling posted:

I'd get in on this action, but I'll warn you that the WoB will be intercepting my payment to you, which would have been enormous.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Hob_Gadling posted:

I understand very well what it is. The logistics are very easy. Pay money, move within a time limit or lose your opportunity, win or lose. I am sure we have people who are willing to put up or shut up, especially if it means kids with cancer have a better chance.

It makes coordination harder for the players as the thread is no longer a usable location for either side, and it denies the thread input to boot.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
If Goonstar fails in Luthien then maybe we'll get to see this timelines version of Turtle Bay writ large.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

It makes coordination harder for the players as the thread is no longer a usable location for either side, and it denies the thread input to boot.

Don't worry, I have it all set up. All we're missing are people who are people willing to pay money for the glory of defending Luthien.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Chair In A Basket posted:

If Goonstar fails in Luthien then maybe we'll get to see this timelines version of Turtle Bay writ large.

Luthien... probably has some nuke silos so clans do orbital dracs flip out and and drop the hammer... PERFECT.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

Chair In A Basket posted:

Clanners are whiney babies with mechs so I could see that. I think the scientist caste lied about seeing a explorer corps ship just to get the whiney idiots out of there.

Centurium
Aug 17, 2009

PoptartsNinja posted:

Skat

... BattleTech has a lot of Goony planets.

They come from the planet Skat. Their leader's name sends a chill down hard men's spines and the very threat of speaking it sends children screaming beneath their covers.

His name? Metis Goon.

Elite units have been known to surrender at the very rumor that they will appear on the battlefield. Others pray that if they run fast enough, they might hold on to their fragile sanity. None have ever withstood their terror.

SWAP

Metis' SWAP of Skat.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Saving Janos Marik: Tactical Update 10

Movement Phase
S Ostroc
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid skidding (3 base - 1 movement = 2): automatic success!

End Phase

Combat Phase
A Awesome
- Torso Twists to threaten hex 0309
- Fires PPC at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 3, miss!
- Fires PPC at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 6): rolled 7, hit Center Torso (6/16 armor remains)!
- Gains 21 heat, sinks 27!

S Ostroc
- Fires Large Laser at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 5): rolled 4, miss!
Gains 10 heat, sinks 15!

G Gladiator
- Fires PPC at 5 Whitworth (2 base + 2 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/16 armor, 8/12 structure remains (Critical Chance!))!
Gains 11 heat, sinks 13!

1 Bombardier
- Fires LRM-20 at S Ostroc (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 2 weather - 1 LK Missile = 5): rolled 8, 16 missiles hit Right Leg (10/20 armor remains), Right Arm (0/1 structure remains (Limb blown off!) and damage transfers to Right Torso (15/22 armor remains), Right Arm Torso (10/22 armor remains), Right Arm Torso (5/20 armor remains)!
- Fires LRM-20 at S Ostroc (2 base + 0 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 minimum range + 2 weather - 1 LK Missile = 5): rolled 7, 20 missiles hit Right Arm Torso (0/20 armor remains), Head (3/8 armor remains (Pilot hit!)), Right Leg (5/20 armor remains), Right Torso (9/14 structure remains (Critical Chance!))!

3 Urbanmech
- Holds fire!

5 Whitworth
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 5, miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Arm Torso (4/14 structure remains (Critical Chance!)!
- Fires Medium Laser at S Ostroc (3 base + 2 range + 0 movement + 2 enemy movement + 1 weather = 8): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (14/22 armor remains)!

9 Stalker
- Holds fire!

End Phase:
S Ostroc
- Critical Chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Critical Chance in Right Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Pilot hit! Must pass a 3+ consciousness test: rolled 7, succeeds!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (3 base + 1 massive damage = 4): Rolled 7, succeeds!

5 Whitworth
- Critical Chance in Center Torso! No critical hits sustained!
- Must pass a piloting test or fall (4 base + 1 massive damage = 5): Rolled 8, succeeds!

Turn End Phase:
Lightning strikes three hexes at minimum power this turn!
- Lightning strikes hex 0609!
- Lightning strikes hex 1023!
- Lightning strikes hex 0722!

A shadow detached itself from the distant building, vague and difficult to distinguish amidst the rain. Rebecca frowned, and toggled over to magnetic resonance imaging. She hated MagScan and infrared, the swirling colors tended to give her a headache. They remained useful tools, even though neither worked efficiently when the sun was down. MagScan was the worst, giving her only vague shapes to work with, but they’d still let her target the rapidly approaching Stalker. With the rain, she wouldn’t get a good thermal signature until it opened fire with its impressive weapons suite. The Awesome’s great, square fist opened and closed seemingly of its own volition, as though the great slab-shaped `Mech were a cowboy squaring up for a duel at high noon.

“Alright, you bastard,” Rebecca promised quietly, “I’m going to beat you, too. For Captain Masters.”

Mission Objectives
Destroy All Enemy Forces (5/9)
OR
Destroy the Janos Marik (0/1)

Secondary Objective
Don’t Destroy the Janos Marik (1/1)

Enemy Movement Modifiers:
1) BMB-10D Bombardier Walked (+1)
3) UM-R60G Urbanmech Stationary (+0)
5) WTH-1 Whitworth Jumped (+2)
9) STK-3F Stalker Walked (+1)

AWS-8Q Awesome
Weight: 80 tons (Assault)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 14/24 (17/17)
LT R A(S): 10/10
CT A(S): 11/30 (25/25)
CT R A(S): 19/19
RT A(S): 0/24 (11/17)
RT R A(S): 4/10
LA A(S): 7/24 (13/13)
RA A(S): 21/24 (13/13)
LL A(S): 17/33 (17/17)
RL A(S): 18/33 (17/17)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 27
Movement: 3/5/0
Mechwarrior: Pilot 3, Gunnery 2
Mechwarrior Name: Sergeant Major Rebecca Cage
Mechwarrior Player: Canopus250
Mechwarrior Status: OK!
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
PPC – RT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: Destroyed!)
PPC – LT (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
Small Laser – HD (Heat: 1, Range (L:3 M:2 S:1), Status, OK!
Critical Damage: None!
Notes: 1 hand

ON1-K Orion
Weight: 75 tons (Heavy)
Mechwarrior Name: Captain Paul Masters
Mechwarrior Player: Defiance Industries
Mechwarrior Status: MIA!

OSR-2C Ostroc
Weight: 60 tons (Heavy)
HD A(S): 3/8 (3/3)
LT A(S): 14/22 (3/14)
LT R A(S): 0/4
CT A(S): 1/22 (20/20)
CT R A(S): 6/6
RT A(S): 0/22 (4/14)
RT R A(S): 4/4
LA A(S): 8/8 (10/10)
RA A(S): 0/8 (0/10) Limb Blown Off!
LL A(S): 15/20 (14/14)
RL A(S): 5/20 (14/14)
Heat: 0/30
Overheat Penalty:
Heat Sinks: 15
Movement: 5/8/0
Mechwarrior Name: Corporal Janos Valens
Mechwarrior Player: ActionZero
Armament:
Large Laser – RT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Large Laser – LT (Heat: 8, Range: (L:15 M:10 S:5), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – RT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LT (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
SRM-4 – RT (Heat: 3, Ammo: 24, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Critical Damage: Right Upper Arm Actuator Destroyed!
Notes: 2 hands

GLD-4R Gladiator
Weight: 55 tons (Medium)
HD A(S): 9/9 (3/3)
LT A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
LT R A(S): 3/3
CT A(S): 26/26 (18/18)
CT R A(S): 5/5
RT A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
RT R A(S): 3/3
LA A(S): 10/15 (9/9)
RA A(S): 10/15 (9/9)
LL A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
RL A(S): 19/19 (13/13)
Heat: 2/30
Overheat Penalty: None
Heat Sinks: 13
Movement: 5/8/5
Mechwarrior Name: Lieutenant Joshua Davion
Mechwarrior Player: Guitar_Hero
Armament:
PPC – RA (Heat: 10, Range: (L:18 M:12 S:6 Min:3), Status: OK!)
SRM-6 – RA (Heat: 4, Ammo: 15, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Medium Laser – LA (Heat: 3, Range: (L:9 M:6 S:3), Status: OK!)
Notes: 2 hands

Enemy Status

1) BMB-10D Bombardier
Weight:
65 tons (Heavy)
Movement: 4/6/0
Armament:
LRM-20, LRM-20, SRM-4, Machine Gun
Notes:

2) RVN-1X Raven
Weight:
35 tons (Light)
Notes: Ejected!

3) UM-R60G Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Movement: 2/3/2
Mechwarrior: Pilot 4, Gunnery 3
Armament:
Gauss Rifle, Small Laser
Notes:

4) UM-R60G Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Mechwarrior Status: Ejected!

5) WTH-1 Whitworth
Weight:
40 tons (Medium)
Movement: 4/6/4
Armament:
LRM-10, LRM-10, Medium Laser, Medium Laser, Medium Laser
Critical Damage: OK!
Notes:

6) MON-67 Mongoose
Weight:
25 tons
Notes: Killed!

7) HER-1A Hermes
Weight:
30 tons
Notes: Ejected!

8) UM-R60 Urbanmech
Weight:
30 tons (Light)
Notes: Gyro destroyed!

9) STK-3F Stalker
Weight:
85 tons (Assault)
Movement: 3/5/0
Armament:
4x Medium Laser, 2x Large Laser, 2x LRM-10, 2x SRM-6
Notes:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Oof. Well, at least you weren't using that arm for anything. And you don't have any ammo to set off or similar nonsense to worry about.

Since the Whitworth is mostly a missileboat, how dumb would it be for the Ostroc to run to 0907, turn to face southeast, and then unload everything (Alpha Strike) at the Whitworth?

EDIT: Also, looks like the Stalker wants to make friends with our Gladiator real quick.

VVVV EDIT Again: Oh, right, the SRM. Man!

Runa fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 10, 2011

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oof. Well, at least you weren't using that arm for anything. And you don't have any ammo to set off or similar nonsense to worry about.

He does, and it's in the right torso. That was an extremely lucky break for the Ostroc.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Preemptive Op-Force MVP vote to that bombardier. How much damage has that thing racked up on you guys? Has to be well over a hundred at this point.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

T.G. Xarbala posted:

Oof. Well, at least you weren't using that arm for anything.

Pretty sure you can't do a push attack one-armed. Which is sad, because pushing a mech without any torso armor into water is hilarious.

I'm thinking the Gladiator should walk or jump into 0415 and wait for the Stalker to get a little closer before striking. His jets aren't in his legs, so he'll be able to jump out again when he needs to.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
loving ow
Okay that Whitworth is going DOWN.

I'm assuming now would be an auspicious time to lose my remaining SRM ammo.

ActionZero fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 10, 2011

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
Looks like the Awesome is just about to enter medium PPC range with the Stalker if it continues its current heading. If you're willing to endure the missile barrage with your exposed right torso, that is.

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Hob_Gadling posted:

Don't worry, I have it all set up. All we're missing are people who are people willing to pay money for the glory of defending Luthien.

I think this is a good idea, but before anything else we need to know if PTN and the thread wants human players on both sides, and the ability to 'buy in', even though it'd be for charity.
Also, I'm suspecting this would necessitate a second thread, exclusively for the Kuritan side (with no observers probably), who would have to refrain from the main thread for the duration, so that Goonstar and the main thread could still communicate properly.

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Dec 10, 2011

Carbolic
Apr 19, 2007

This song is about how America chews the working man up and spits him in the dirt to die

PoptartsNinja posted:

He does, and it's in the right torso. That was an extremely lucky break for the Ostroc.

Maybe he should dump his ammo (is that an optional rule? don't remember).

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Carbolic posted:

Unless OpFor hits his RT with a small laser the Ostroc should be fine, iirc that PTN houserules that blown off limbs (if the RT qualifies as such) don't set off crits?
Still, if dumping that ammo is a free action...?
Also, how much ammo does the Bombardier have left? One full rack if I remember correctly?

Goonlance: Are you planning to engage the Stalker right away, or move a bit to the east to avoid a LoS? I think finishing off the Whitworth first (while simultaneously scaring off the Bombardier and then taking out the Gaussibe) might be a good idea, especially since you have consistent initiative. The Stalker is a big old lug, and unless I'm mistaken once you've taken out everyone who can do indirect spotting you can avoid its missiles too and just run around the building and choose who gets to take potshots at its rear (I guess it'd be constantly swiveling its head :)).

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Dec 10, 2011

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

cwDeici posted:

I think this is a good idea, but before anything else we need to know if PTN and the thread wants human players on both sides

Yes, naturally. Without PTN it won't happen.

But the defense of Luthien! Who wouldn't bid for the glory?

cwDeici
Oct 29, 2011

by Ozmaugh

Hob_Gadling posted:

Yes, naturally. Without PTN it won't happen.

But the defense of Luthien! Who wouldn't bid for the glory?

I'd pay at least fifty bucks (or up to right under a hundred), but I'm not even on the list (don't want that rolling around in my head for months at best) so I'd be a bit nervous vis a vis people who've been waiting for a while, even with charity involved. But yeah, if the OpFor is 'banished' to their own thread and on a strict regulation to either post on time or get kicked off immediately, then I think it could work (given PTN and thread assent).

More importantly though, is Goonlance going to let the Stalker engage this round? I'm worried...

cwDeici fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Dec 10, 2011

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Carbolic posted:

I think it was some time in Vipers of Somerset that someone dumped ammo, but it took a 'full round action' whatever that means in Battletech-ese. Point is, I don't think ActionZero can dump his ammo and shoot or move during the same round.

Of course, I could be wrong.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
You can declare you're dumping ammo during your end phase. The next turn, you can only use walking MP and if you're shot in the rear the ammo explodes.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
My copy of Total Warfare is all the way over there under my Force on Force scenario book so this is from memory:

IIRC you can dump but you have to walk and if you get hit in the rear it's boomtime and NEFB.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

cwDeici posted:

human players on both sides

Guys, I don't think you've really considered just how much the ‘Poptarts Always Loses Initiative Rolls’ house rule has been speeding the turns along. It's not just PTN going easy on the goons, it is seriously the only reason updates are happening more than once a month here. Trying to play a game with normal initiative rules over email and PMs is not a good idea unless you're killing time in prison, and you are doing life.

e: vvvvv I think the jump is possible, but I'm almost certain the urbie still has a clear shot at that hex. Also the Bombardier's currently the lowest priority target on the map by a gigantic margin! He's slow, has a wall of armor a mile thick and is almost completely out of LRM ammo. He'll probably withdraw after firing off his last shot next turn, although the pilot could change his mind if he suddenly found himself with a damaged enemy medium almost at punching range.

Sam Hall fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Dec 10, 2011

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Is it possible for me to jump to 0518 to get out of the way of the Stalker? If the jump is possible - I appreciate there's a level 3 building in the way, that lets me get at the Bombardier without getting shot at by the Urbie. I think.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Sam Hall posted:

Guys, I don't think you've really considered just how much the ‘Poptarts Always Loses Initiative Rolls’ house rule has been speeding the turns along. It's not just PTN going easy on the goons, it is seriously the only reason updates are happening more than once a month here. Trying to play a game with normal initiative rules over email and PMs is not a good idea unless you're killing time in prison, and you are doing life.

I don't see any problem with goons playing the Luthien side, with PTN enforcing all his horrible restrictions on them. And the kicker is that if some DC goon doesn't get his orders in to PTN in a timely manner, he can just be overriden by Poptarts to keep the game from slowing down.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Ostroc: Walk to 1109 and alpha the Whitworth. It's nearly dead, one good barrage ought to put it down. Point blank will get you a kick. You're likely to lose that RT, but there's no avoiding that. Get in his face so at least he can't use the LRMs and you can maximize your return fire.

Gladiator: Jump to 0615 headed south. Take the Urbanmech and prepare to flank. The Stalker can fliparms, but he can only fire them one way at a time and his back armor's still weak.

Awesome: Keep being Awesome. Medium range on your PPCs is 12; that's long for his LLasers and outside the range for his other guns. PPCs versus LRM10s is a winning matchup for you, even if he's fresh. Advance to 0209 and start punching some holes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowDragon8685
Jan 23, 2011

Hi, I'm Troy McClure! You might remember SD from such films as "Guys, I'm not sanguine about this Mech choice", "The Millstone of the Clans", and "Uppity Sperglord ilKhan"! Make sure to clear the date for his upcoming documentary, "How I ran a Star of Clan Mechs into the ground!"

ActionZero posted:

loving ow
Okay that Whitworth is going DOWN.

I'm assuming now would be an auspicious time to lose my remaining SRM ammo.

If you lose the torso, per PTN's rules, the ammo doesn't explode, it just falls out. So you should be good, ironically, as has been mentioned, unless someone cherry-taps you.

At this point, though, hate to say it, your Ostroc is more or less an ablative distraction for the other Goonlance 'mechs. Keep your THs up, start running hot since you're not going to be in the fight long enough to pay off your heat mortgage anyway, and try to do some damage before you annoy that Stalker into annihilating you off the map.

Basically, find a target, let it eat both of your Large Lasers (you have two! Use them!,) one of your Mediums, and your SRMs if it's even remotely in range. With running, you'll build up a heat debt of 2 per turn. If you should survive to your third round like that, leave off the SRM-4.

• Locked thread