Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

prefect posted:

I'm now thinking that Will may be the best Chapo.

https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/987552802049351680
that lady thought she could tweet storm chapo but they reveal poo poo like this voluntarily
your move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

He's been a professional musician for 3 decades

that and his band by necessity has to be able to play pretty much anything

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica
I got to see Weird Al live back in high school and it cemented my respect for him because he

1.) Played a live show in my town, which rarely attracted big name acts

&

2.) He performed Albuquerque live; as an encore.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Can you loving imagine

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/988095765905059840

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Punkin Spunkin posted:

that lady thought she could tweet storm chapo but they reveal poo poo like this voluntarily
your move

Weird Al is good

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Doppelganger posted:

Felix is by far the worst host.

"This is like if Bobby Hoffstetter started a political career, but it was like Aesop Rock's second album, but it's in the context of Solid Snake's daddy issues, and I don't even know what I'm saying anymore, but I interrupted at least two other people with something funny to say, and I'm just gonna run this joke into the ground."

Fight me IRL you coward

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

TheBigAristotle posted:

Felix's tangents are good but you can tell when he's ripping off his friends' in-jokes.

Speaking of which, I started listening to E1 last week and it's loving fantastic. Felix is on an episode about streamers and it's really his wheelhouse

The E1 with Wayne Gretzky is one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever heard.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Weird Al seems like one of the nicest human beings to ever live.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

The E1 with Wayne Gretzky is one of the funniest goddamn things I've ever heard.

I love the slow roll-out of callback jokes, starting with orks in boot-cut jeans. I'm in the salisbury steak phase now, it's really picking up

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Weird Al is good
I'm good

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/Al_Boondy/status/988184058294362112

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

he's famously an extremely cool and nice dude who just wants to make his silly dork music and god bless him

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

It's gonna be devastating when it turns out he's a sex predator.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
One of my friends went on a paleontological dig in New Mexico and Weird Al showed up. Apparently his daughter is really into paleontology and he knew whoever was in charge of the dig. My friend says he was very nice but very much in dad mode rather than fan interaction mode.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

TheBigAristotle posted:

Felix's tangents are good but you can tell when he's ripping off his friends' in-jokes.

Speaking of which, I started listening to E1 last week and it's loving fantastic. Felix is on an episode about streamers and it's really his wheelhouse

Finding this podcast was a bitch, especially when there's an identically named one whose latest episode is about Metal Gear Survive. I really thought I had it that time!

PostNouveau posted:

I am going to become a recluse in that clifftop Greek monastery from one of the James Bond movies if this happens, gently caress you.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

PostNouveau posted:

This will never happen don't ever say that

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I have a new candidate for reading series.

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/988374486373355521

(I don't care if it's an old book. It has angered me.)

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
https://twitter.com/carl_diggler/status/989168427557380096

This whole Joy Ann Reid nonsense is a shitshow, but this is good

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/512039258266144768

well, dreams do come true

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/989314633734410241

Uranium
Sep 11, 2001

Through constant decay
Uranium creates
the radioactive ray.

Nice palette swap

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Uranium posted:

Nice palette swap

mario memes

Head Bee Guy
Jun 12, 2011

Retarded for Busting
Grimey Drawer
David Cross pushing back on Felix’s irony poisoning a few episodes back is p good. He got some good little roasts in, and it’s the first time in my memory that a guest has really argued with some conviction with any of the boyz

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
david cross for sixth mic

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Head Bee Guy posted:

David Cross pushing back on Felix’s irony poisoning a few episodes back is p good. He got some good little roasts in, and it’s the first time in my memory that a guest has really argued with some conviction with any of the boyz

yea it was pretty funny. Like, having someone actually go 'well you asked who cares, I guess I do' is probably good on the podcast in general. Like when Amber and Virgil had to tell Matt 'no, dipshit, the first 'easter egg' was there because those guys wouldn't get credit otherwise it wasn't a 'self suck'' and all. Sometimes the Chapo guys need someone to go 'ok but shut up a second I need to make sure you understand how reality actually is beyond Twitter'.

Speaking of understanding reality, we can add yet another entry to the 'Kill All Normies was maybe the fastest poorly aging hot take on internet politics ever done'

https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/989413472495693824

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

sexpig by night posted:

yea it was pretty funny. Like, having someone actually go 'well you asked who cares, I guess I do' is probably good on the podcast in general. Like when Amber and Virgil had to tell Matt 'no, dipshit, the first 'easter egg' was there because those guys wouldn't get credit otherwise it wasn't a 'self suck'' and all. Sometimes the Chapo guys need someone to go 'ok but shut up a second I need to make sure you understand how reality actually is beyond Twitter'.

Speaking of understanding reality, we can add yet another entry to the 'Kill All Normies was maybe the fastest poorly aging hot take on internet politics ever done'

https://twitter.com/shitshowdotinfo/status/989413472495693824

That seems correct, though? Women don't have to settle for sleeping with some creep just because they have to get married to somebody.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

sexpig by night posted:

Seems to be yet more people thinking that KAN was supposed to be prescriptive rather than just descriptive.

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

That seems correct, though? Women don't have to settle for sleeping with some creep just because they have to get married to somebody.

i dunno if that is what is happening, but i also don't see how, even if true, this is a thing than be solved or should be solved

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Serf posted:

i dunno if that is what is happening, but i also don't see how, even if true, this is a thing than be solved or should be solved

Who said it was a thing that could/should be solved?

Serf
May 5, 2011

prefect posted:

Who said it was a thing that could/should be solved?

i mean, the incels

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

the whole thing is nonsense there isn't some decline of monogamy. losers always had a harder time loving than handsome/fit/successful men.

not having sex does do a number on your brain but if you aren't a shithead you realize the problem is with you and you improve yourself.

Serf
May 5, 2011

like i get wanting to gently caress, okay that makes sense. its something people want to do and society has made it seem super important that you do it a lot

but where this gets weird for me is all the incels who are worried about passing on their genes. when did young dudes start wanting to have kids? that's just bizarre

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

the whole thing is nonsense there isn't some decline of monogamy. losers always had a harder time loving than handsome/fit/successful men.

not having sex does do a number on your brain but if you aren't a shithead you realize the problem is with you and you improve yourself.

Also if you have some semblance of a nice life otherwise you won’t make “not getting laid” define you

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Groovelord Neato posted:

the whole thing is nonsense there isn't some decline of monogamy.

I don't think you can actually say that with certainty.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Serf posted:

like i get wanting to gently caress, okay that makes sense. its something people want to do and society has made it seem super important that you do it a lot

but where this gets weird for me is all the incels who are worried about passing on their genes. when did young dudes start wanting to have kids? that's just bizarre

What. We've got a billion years of evolution bearing down on us to gently caress and cum in each other.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Seems to be yet more people thinking that KAN was supposed to be prescriptive rather than just descriptive.

It's really weird to just uncritically describe the dogma of hate groups, especially in a book where she absolutely does critically look at the left's online stuff and outright takes the right's side often by saying being told to acknowledge systematic racism and all 'shames them for being white' and pushes them to the alt-right.

Also yea the dogma isn't even accurate, 'decline of monogamy' is some straight up "DEGENERACY" nonsense and acting as if this is some new trend where men aren't entitled to get hosed by any woman they want is really dumb.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Serf posted:

It's not true. All of the studies I have read show people in developed countries are having less sex overall, with the youngest generations having fewer than previous generations at comparable age. Speaking anecdotally I know many many women who have had, or are having, years long dry spells.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

SENSUAL DAD KISS posted:

I don't think you can actually say that with certainty.

Even from a western centric view of monogamy the more accurate statement is that monogamy is the aberration that went from personal choice to civil law with the rise of a more theocratic state, and now that that grip is loosening people are more free to choose.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also if you have some semblance of a nice life otherwise you won’t make “not getting laid” define you

sex is a basal need in the same sense food and sleep are. and socially it's an issue as well - friends gab about that type of thing. so you have friends asking what'd you do this weekend and it just reminds you oh right i didn't get any.

i remember a dry spell years back where i had a great job, great place, good friends, but holy poo poo is that a massive void. it's that these guys don't go ehhh it'll pick up eventually or again do nothing to improve themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
They covered it really well in the one episode a few months back. These dudes idealize the era of patriarchal power when arranged marriage was more common. They purposefully exclude the part where you have 18 kids and 14 die and then your wife dies in childbirth and you work 19 hours a day tending your farmstead and you die of tetanus at 42.

They don't understand (or purposely ignore) that things were that way for a reason.