Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I wonder where Alonso would have finished if they went ahead and put his upgrades in instead of waiting for (presumably) Austria.

The side of the track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Almost forgot, this weekend's inspirational engine message:

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Did he just refer to Lewis as Levis and call him a "Jewish victim"? That's epic, we're all amateurs here in comparison.

I'm sayin'. This is civilised discourse by comparison.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

1500quidporsche posted:

Almost forgot, this weekend's inspirational engine message:

Will Power is that you?

https://youtu.be/ScDjyS7SYZU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Did you read the posts?

Do I look like a masochist?

GramCracker posted:

If you don't read all the posts you're not committed to The Worst Thread :colbert:

If you don't read all the posts you're, The Worst Thread will see you committed :colbert:

I have helpfully re-ordered some of the words and added a few here to make more sense

Also, I completely overlooked Are Nando getting into the points :aaa:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

enri posted:

Do I look like a masochist?

I have helpfully re-ordered some of the words and added a few here to make more sense

Also, I completely overlooked Are Nando getting into the points :aaa:

Yup, RIP Wirth because of it.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

What in the actual gently caress, worst thread!? I hadn't watched the race, and was going to do a debrief scanning through here, but when a colleague asked if I saw "that Canadian kid" had finished on the podium I was sure it was a prank. I had to look it up and I almost had a stroke. Looks like I'll have to :filez: this race to see the unthinkable for myself.

Also, I usually do slog through the 400 - 600 posts after a race weekend, but no way in hell am I reading 1600 individual components of your mental breakdowns over this race.

I'm totally :psyboom: right now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Woulda been like 2000 posts if I had been live posting for it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Woulda been like 2000 posts if I had been live posting for it

:same:

Also, thread title changes on the phone are a bitch.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

CratSock posted:

no way in hell am I reading 1600 individual components of your mental breakdowns over this race.

We were very broken. I'm still processing it all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Even with loving Strolol on the podium that was one of my favorite races in a while.

Vettle owns.

And uhh Botas drive was impressive...hes still a broken finn robot tho

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Honestly, both Ferrari and Mercedes lost yesterday. Mercedes put a bigger gap on Ferrari for WCC with a better finisher and both cars making it. Ferrari, namely Vettel, put more distance on Hamilton.

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine

CratSock posted:

What in the actual gently caress, worst thread!? I hadn't watched the race, and was going to do a debrief scanning through here, but when a colleague asked if I saw "that Canadian kid" had finished on the podium I was sure it was a prank. I had to look it up and I almost had a stroke. Looks like I'll have to :filez: this race to see the unthinkable for myself.

Also, I usually do slog through the 400 - 600 posts after a race weekend, but no way in hell am I reading 1600 individual components of your mental breakdowns over this race.

I'm totally :psyboom: right now.

Read through the entirety of the comments. Trust me, it is worth it, most entertaining F1 chat ever. That race went from 0-100 real quick!

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

iospace posted:

Yup, RIP Wirth because of it.

lmbo you actually carried out his toxx, that's so good haha

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

iospace posted:

Honestly, both Ferrari and Mercedes lost yesterday. Mercedes put a bigger gap on Ferrari for WCC with a better finisher and both cars making it. Ferrari, namely Vettel, put more distance on Hamilton.

the wdc is the only thing that matters and if BOATASS stop crashing into Kimi the Scud would win also the WCC god dammit!

Autech
Jun 6, 2008

The Brazilian Legkick Machine

iospace posted:

Vettel has increased the Gap but Lewis is driving very well and the Mercs are flying. I wouldn't be surprised if Hamilton takes it unless Vettel gives him a mental breakdown Rosberg style.

Worth mentioning though that, despite Vettel having one of the weaker Ferrari engines for that race, Hamilton wasn't able to pass him (after he had pitted).....

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
I was going through Wirth's rap sheet, saw he had some scrap with Hefe that got him probated and decided to check it out...gold.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

GramCracker posted:

I was going through Wirth's rap sheet, saw he had some scrap with Hefe that got him probated and decided to check it out...gold.

Literally one of the best worst thread posts ever.

I can't wait until the next big shitheel shunt in F2/GP3 and Hamilton is asked by some dipshit reporter whether or not he thinks it is because of Vettel in Baku.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Hefe's dead isn't he.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kilmers Elbow posted:

Hefe's dead isn't he.

He apparently ran some private security company. Probably just in a bunker without internet or toilet paper

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hefe is almost certainly the rich Venezuelan at my kart club who crashes into somebody every race.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

1500quidporsche posted:

Hefe is almost certainly the rich Venezuelan at my kart club who crashes into somebody every race.

So he's Pastor.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

iospace posted:

So he's Pastor.

Your words, not mine.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Is that inner control cables used as safety wire? Is that normal in your death race series?

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

iospace posted:

So he's Pastor.

Mods?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Is that inner control cables used as safety wire? Is that normal in your death race series?

Engine seal.

If you have anything to be concerned about its the five pound lead weights secured by double nylock nuts as per official regs.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Engine seal.

If you have anything to be concerned about its the five pound lead weights secured by double nylock nuts as per official regs.

What's the rubber hose in the foreground....with a hole in it?

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

GramCracker posted:

Wow I thought Wirths rap sheet would be more... well just more

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
And the reed block bolt (apparently only one bolt of all of them on the reed block is wired, same with head) is wired backwards so the wire will loosen the bolt? Do you work for McLaren-Honda?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

And the reed block bolt (apparently only one bolt of all of them on the reed block is wired, same with head) is wired backwards so the wire will loosen the bolt? Do you work for McLaren-Honda?

It's the dude that rebuilds the engines and it does drive me nuts particularly since the carb and airbox bracket attaches to the bottom of the reed block. If I had my way I'd tear it down and rebuild the engines myself, but it's a sealed formula.

Eb
May 6, 2003

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

GramCracker posted:

I wasn't around for El Jefe's time, but now I feel what I suspect you all feel.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

this feels right

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

This is the future liberals want.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

hell yeah

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I dunno what you guys are laughing about, this actually happened

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Holy lol

Norns
Nov 21, 2011