Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
When you throw a player or minion as Garrosh with the new wrestling skin, the crowd cheers 10/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Most players also make no effort to find the egg. Just look at where the murky comes from and kill the egg if it seems to be in a location where you can do that, it's probably in a bush slightly on their side of the map.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He wrote a bunch of different guides but i'm guessing you'll mostly want to go hiphop/reveal on 1, culling on 4, splintered on 7, vine if possible on 10 (i try to only pick lunara if i can go vine) or leap if you need it, wither if you don't need a support talent on 13, unfair advantage on 16, whatever on 20 (everyone seems to be going intensifying but upgraded vine seems fun)

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 24, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shibawanko posted:

Most players also make no effort to find the egg. Just look at where the murky comes from and kill the egg if it seems to be in a location where you can do that, it's probably in a bush slightly on their side of the map.

I never go to any real effort to hide my egg beyond putting in a bush. Most of the time the other team doesn't even attempt to find it. I mean I had a game once where two people were right next to the bush my egg was in, I emerged in front of their faces out of the bush, chased them down and killed them, and still no one ever made any attempt, despite being near that bush again later, to kill the egg

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Macaluso posted:

When you throw a player or minion as Garrosh with the new wrestling skin, the crowd cheers 10/10

When you use Lightning Breath as wrestling Diablo you hear Mexican music, also 10/10

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
One pretty big nerf in this patch that people didn't notice is that Sonya now only has a single ult/level 20 (crater).

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I've gotten the same guns out suns out portrait in all 13 lootboxes Ive opened so far this event. The odds of that must be pretty low.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

garthoneeye posted:

Most players of this game are terrible at Cursed Hollow anyway. It is not difficult at all to end up with an experience advantage when the other team gets curse because they are almost guaranteed to lose at least some soak cause your minions die so quickly. Losing first curse entirely is not that big of a deal if your team can defend properly.

I always forget to say in team chat at the start of cursed hollow, that once you've got the curse on the enemy team, is actually the WORST possible time to go get Mercs. I forget every time, despite CONSTANT reminders....

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

BOSS!!!!! wtf???

*pings me shamefully solo'ing a keep during the curse*

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

bamhand posted:

One pretty big nerf in this patch that people didn't notice is that Sonya now only has a single ult/level 20 (crater).

What are you talking about?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

bamhand posted:

????

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I think he is saying, you buy La Pantera Sonya skin, and get level 20, you'd be crazy to pick anything except "leap now puts you in a wrestling arena"

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's now objectively wrong if you're not working toward doing this every single game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-OcQRJUb0&t=146s

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Polio Vax Scene posted:

I think he is saying, you buy La Pantera Sonya skin, and get level 20, you'd be crazy to pick anything except "leap now puts you in a wrestling arena"

holy lol

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I've gotten the same guns out suns out portrait in all 13 lootboxes Ive opened so far this event. The odds of that must be pretty low.

It would not shock me if they have messed up their random generator again.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I would report that...

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Macaluso posted:

I'm hearing impaired so I'm not 100% sure but I swear I hear a cheer when you stun them too

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Nybble posted:

It would not shock me if they have messed up their random generator again.

Honestly I feel like I've always gotten more dupes than new items on average after a point. Like, not just random common crap but the likelihood of getting a dupe legendary seems pretty drat high considering all the fancy skins I don't own yet.

Whether that's dumb luck and confirmation bias or nefarious lovely RNG, who knows.

Actually now that I think about it, the relative weighting on certain loot types is also probably partly to blame.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 25, 2018

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I wish this game had a forfeit option.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

gently caress that I have so many late game comebacks

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I have plenty of late game comebacks, the game is great about it. sometimes I just don't care about the win anymore and want out of the game.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Hooray I got a diablo wrestler skin. I hate diablo though so hope I get someone else too.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
No Nexomania-specific brawl this week. I'm sad.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Erdricks posted:

I have plenty of late game comebacks, the game is great about it. sometimes I just don't care about the win anymore and want out of the game.

Feel free to leave and eat the leaver penalty, but that kind of attitude deprives other people of their comeback

Just yesterday I won a game of which I thought was a horrible loss on BHB, all building slost, we only shot once, we got drowned in coins annihilating us, but one fight at our core and we stormed thier base, with two pubs, it was glorious and I play Hots for exactly that feeling

Ignoring BHB's poo poo rear end poo objective and still winning

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Next Tuesday:
"The following Gold Mount changes will take place once this week’s round of Heroic Deals begins:
Great Razorgrin — Will become purchasable for 10,000 gold until June 25.
Diablo’s Doubloon — Will no longer be purchasable in the Collection."

So better start saving up for that shark. Re-rolling chests for this event seem pointless anyway (unless you get 4 greys).

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Mierenneuker posted:

So better start saving up for that shark. Re-rolling chests for this event seem pointless anyway (unless you get 4 greys).

Also, no new hero for at least 2 weeks, so yeah

I tried Lunara again this morning. I was always horrible with her before and I'm still horrible with her! But I still kill enemies because she shits out damage! I love having 2x my allies' deaths and 2x the hero damage of other heroes! Granted, it was all in QM, but it still felt like "drat, if I could actually get good with her, I could dominate."

I think I need to learn that stepping up to auto is not always safe, and I should sacrifice some DPS for some survivability. Probably better to dance around until your enemies focus one of your allies, then go nuts.

One of the most annoying parts is how the camera moves work for her. Instead of using space bar to re-center the camera, I've a bad habit of using the "toggle camera lock" button (for me, "T") twice. It's a horrible habit because it has a chat notification which can quickly drive ally chat off your screen if you're using it often. I only like it because toggling camera lock is useful in some cases, and this way it's already muscle memory.

Well, with Lunara, instead of snapping back, toggling camera lock for some reason slowly scrolls back to her. Super annoying. Probably something to do with her bounding walk animation and how the camera follows her so as to not make you nauseous.

Space bar works normally, so I guess this is when I make a good habit change.

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Yeah with lunara you want to just safetly poke until the enemy team is sufficiently committed to someone else on your team for you to all in. Poking with Q, split auto talent, or vines are great for getting some damage out there but keeping you safe.

The new lunara feels really good and I'm really enjoying her. Some of her talents, especially at 4 + 16 are way better than anything else at that tier though so they're pretty must a must pick. The bonus non-hero poison damage at 4 is incredibly strong because it gives lunara amazing wave clear and great structure damage. Also good on maps like BoE. I don't think the healing via poison talent is strong enough to pick over that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Vine Lunara is probably up there with lili in terms of easiest to play heroes imo (i like her a lot). I think abolish magic is extremely strong and interesting though, and if they tone down let them wither (its pretty op) using it well will be an important part of playing the hero.

Legendaries and epics opened so far - Desert Queen Zagara, green bikini stitches, death knight sonya, enraged anubalisk, leoric (duplicate). nice event.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:36 on May 25, 2018

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

Next Tuesday:
"The following Gold Mount changes will take place once this week’s round of Heroic Deals begins:
Great Razorgrin — Will become purchasable for 10,000 gold until June 25.
Diablo’s Doubloon — Will no longer be purchasable in the Collection."

Are you loving kidding me? gently caress you Blizzard

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

BrianBoitano posted:

Also there's a shark-in-a-wave mount now too, and it doesn't even say it's legendary, so moderately cheap. Thanks for the sparkly things, Blizzard.
Ha ha ha

...though to be fair i still get loads of free cosmetics in this game.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Yeah with lunara you want to just safetly poke until the enemy team is sufficiently committed to someone else on your team for you to all in. Poking with Q, split auto talent, or vines are great for getting some damage out there but keeping you safe.

The new lunara feels really good and I'm really enjoying her. Some of her talents, especially at 4 + 16 are way better than anything else at that tier though so they're pretty must a must pick. The bonus non-hero poison damage at 4 is incredibly strong because it gives lunara amazing wave clear and great structure damage. Also good on maps like BoE. I don't think the healing via poison talent is strong enough to pick over that.

I've been playing her in QM and without a healer, I'll pick up the poison healing talent. Keeps you in the fight for objectives if you have to be anywhere near the thick(et) of things.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

I get a nexomania chest, there's a legendary! Maybe a cool festival of the dead skin? I open it and it's like the most bland legendary demonic tyrael skin

2 SPOOKY
Sep 9, 2010

Always Be Alert!

Hahahahahahhahahaha :rip:

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/8lvnd5/may_22nd_2018_patch_48_hours_later/

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
I pulled Underworld El Jefe today so this event is Officially Good, also I'm pleased to announce I'm now a Garrosh main

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Someone had a weird meltdown in one of my matches last night about how it was 'another good job by retard blizzard' for removing the charge distance trait from diablo and baking part of it into the skill baseline. "Now the most broken hero ever is even more broken. GG idiots"

This was after they got ganked by like the most obvious rotations ever 6 times in a row because they wouldnt stop overextending. They spent the entire rest of the match yelling in chat every time diablo showed up anywhere

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'll admit I liked lunara's position as a hero a bit before the rework. More niche,, asked for a few specific heroes to be on the enemy team before drafting her (uther, garrosh, sonya), had some trade-offs with her strengths. She's just Good now in general, imo I'd like to see culling go to 7 so that she's not so good at everything. I suspect we'll just get nerfs to culling instead, which is better than nothing but still will be a very easy pick most of the tume.

The downside for Lunara being this strong is that it gives you even less reason to pick zuljin valla cassia (lets not discuss raynor).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:34 on May 25, 2018

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

"Now the most broken hero ever is even more broken. GG idiots"

I had a couple people say that in some of my games too, which is funny because the current state of Diablo is actually "nerfed into oblivion."

He's still got tons of CC and some interesting sustain but without a lot of team followup he can't do much by himself. So maybe it'll be one of those situations where he's still good in high level play, but I think he'll get a small damage numbers buff soon.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Someone had a weird meltdown in one of my matches last night about how it was 'another good job by retard blizzard' for removing the charge distance trait from diablo and baking part of it into the skill baseline. "Now the most broken hero ever is even more broken. GG idiots"

This was after they got ganked by like the most obvious rotations ever 6 times in a row because they wouldnt stop overextending. They spent the entire rest of the match yelling in chat every time diablo showed up anywhere

His distance with the trait was 10, now it's 8.5.

Also Diablo really is loving trash. Worst tank in the game by far. Like that dude was a moron but he wasn't really wrong about how bad Diablo is, can't stress that enough.

Orange Crush Rush fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 25, 2018

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

I started banning Diablo because my team keeps picking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Yeah Diablo is really quite bad now. I tried a couple more games today with him and whew. Sad times because he really was a fun and mechanically interesting hero before.