Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

It unironically rules that I can walk to The Weed Store and buy a large selection of products from knowledgeable and extremely stoned salespeople then walk out with a bag that stops just short of saying THERE'S WEED IN THIS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

more falafel please posted:

It unironically rules that I can walk to The Weed Store and buy a large selection of products from knowledgeable and extremely stoned salespeople then walk out with a bag that stops just short of saying THERE'S WEED IN THIS

Or, here in Canada, happily says "THERE'S WEED IN THIS : )" knowing that nobody can do poo poo about it

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I like that the people at the store aren't stoned. I always felt a little silly shopping in old fashioned headshops, buying poo poo from some dude in a six-pound beanie who is hiding between the black light posters and the pussy incense.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

I'm in Mexico where the government is playing a silly game of "im not touching you" but instead is "im making weed legal!" While actually not doing anything of the sort, so when I buy weed it's in a hidden utility closet deep below the labyrinthine halls of a Medicine college, from a guy who proudly shows off his scabbed knuckles from "kicking some guy's rear end" while his 6 year old plays with dolls in front of a gigantic pile of weed on a desk. He puts an ounce in a ziploc, I pay and still have enough for a large coke and Lesotho. My fiesta name is "pendeja"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Kazinsal posted:

Or, here in Canada, happily says "THERE'S WEED IN THIS : )" knowing that nobody can do poo poo about it

Mine says something like ASCEND: MODERN CANNABIS so basically

theironjef posted:

I like that the people at the store aren't stoned. I always felt a little silly shopping in old fashioned headshops, buying poo poo from some dude in a six-pound beanie who is hiding between the black light posters and the pussy incense.

One of my close friends works at a dispensary and apparently yeah, they are high all the time, they're just cool about it.

It rules because my friend gets way too many samples so every time I go over I leave with like $100 worth of edibles/vape carts.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

more falafel please posted:

One of my close friends works at a dispensary and apparently yeah, they are high all the time, they're just cool about it.

A dispensary job seems ideal for a high-functioning stoner, though it feels you'd have to work hard to avoid "first week at the candy store" problems

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

theironjef posted:

It's a bit of a false dichotomy, they just represent stupid extremes. I buy my weed in a store, but it's just resin catridges for a vape pen, nothing elderflower or whatever to it. But also I'm a goddamn adult who has eaten at breakfast restaurants at breakfast time, I don't even know how to buy dodgy street shake anymore. The two require a reasonable middle ground person, obviously this comic wants for Ray.

Ray buys all his weed from the sketchiest possible dealer but as he is Ray every baggie is, by pure coincidence, the absolute finest strain possible. Said dealer accidentally leaves 50 bucks in a full 20 percent of the baggies.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!
Hey Ray. If choosing between a legit dispensary and a guy on the street, what do you go with? —Aron
A lot of guys who are just starting out are worried about meeting on the street, but honestly, they are usually the safer source. I’ve talked before about the idea of street dealers having “ad hoc ID” cards in their mouths, like a bee, so that you can visually inspect them (the bee won’t sting you, like the one Tom Hanks did). For a while now I was picturing in my head the government issuing these little blue identification cards to weed dealers, much like a library card, with a photograph of them on the front and their name and address on the back. Anyhow, I think that would actually be a good idea, and I think I will send it to some folks who can make it happen. In the meantime, ask for their ID, tell them you are scouting for new locations for this card system, and take a mental note about where their place of residence is.
Anyhow, thanks for your advice on my advice. I think this is kind of a funny thing which I am doing.
Ray.

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

lol

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

why can't we make images thread titles yet

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

Zefiel posted:

He puts an ounce in a ziploc, I pay and still have enough for a large coke and Lesotho. My fiesta name is "pendeja"

I always wondered what Lesotho was in that context. Yes. I know it's a South African city, but is it booze or something? Beef isn't really a drinking guy unless it's Stella or that one time Jack Daniel's tucked him in and was his breakfast.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

It's the city. He was saying the price difference between the two meals was the budget output of Lesotho. Sometimes Beef has bad opinions because he is from circumstances so he rates a city as being worth about 130 dollars.

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Tall Tale Teller posted:

I always wondered what Lesotho was in that context. Yes. I know it's a South African city, but is it booze or something? Beef isn't really a drinking guy unless it's Stella or that one time Jack Daniel's tucked him in and was his breakfast.

theironjef posted:

It's the city. He was saying the price difference between the two meals was the budget output of Lesotho. Sometimes Beef has bad opinions because he is from circumstances so he rates a city as being worth about 130 dollars.

Lesotho is a country, not a city.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Beef may have also been cracking wise.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You know, I never even considered that Beef was thinking about what Ray paid in that sentence. Like, just with what he normally has in his pocket, Beef is saying he can buy three tacos, a large Dr Pepper, and the brokest nation he can think of.

E: and not get Demeaned by Brand Interactions, is the main point

Phy fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 26, 2023

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Y’all need to PAY ATTENTION

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Nessus posted:

Y’all need to PAY ATTENTION

How come most people suck?

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
:siren:NEW STRIP:siren:

"DMT is also supposed to be a lot cooler than that" was my first lol of the new Achewood. It's back, baby.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
"drat, some day I'll have my last hoot!"

"No."

one of the most Ray things that has ever been written

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Self-Bernards is such a hilarious business idea to come up with mid-piss. Ray should go on Shark Tank and pitch it, all trying to strap a Saint Bernard cask around a struggling Kevin O'Leary's neck.

A well-prepared man, "Self-Bernards"

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Is Door Number Two supposed to be DMT?

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Whomst among us has not had to defy their last hoot mid-piss?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

Is Door Number Two supposed to be DMT?
I believe it is Death.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

*d'p*

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Best one so far. Self Bernards is solid.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Onstad, once again, seems to have found his particular blue heaven.

Edit: I absolutely don't want to join the Discord, but I do want to joke about "So, you are gettink pre-nup before weddink, yes?"

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 22:09 on May 31, 2023

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Yo YO who has had a girlfriend whose sleeping face they loved in the pale blue cast of dawn WOOT WOOT raise the ROOF

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

You can't hate truth, man! It's against philosophy!

csammis
Aug 26, 2003

Mental Institution
Apparently Patreon poo poo the bed with the lights on and didn’t send out email notification for the new comic post :ohdear:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Pooh and Philippe interacting is exactly as adorable as I had hoped

Also had bought some single serving little ice cream cakes the other day and finally got around to having one and I just realized it's a Friendly's brand one, hope having those in my freezer won't turn it into a hellmouth...

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I am now irrationally angry about hamburgers.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

The one flaw in the Golden Tabloid piece is Beef never speaks in a flirty Scarlet O'Hara voice.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Safety Dance posted:

The one flaw in the Golden Tabloid piece is Beef never speaks in a flirty Scarlet O'Hara voice.
Are we sure he isn't speaking in a Scarlett O'hara voice throughout

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
The new strip and the Roast Beef weed selling story were really good. Honestly, I was half expecting the voices to sound stilted after such a long break or even worse a weirdo, hosed up storyline like the High School arc, but everything has been hitting for me with this return.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nessus posted:

Are we sure he isn't speaking in a Scarlett O'hara voice throughout

Aww, yeah, man, hooray.

Hooray for some guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007