Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Some fuckhead on twitter thinks we should re-theme it to pocahontas and I've been yelling about that for 45 minutes because gently caress that.

Brother Bear has its problems too. I don't think Fox and the Hound would work. I'm sure we could do something with Toy Story but wow that's a lot of Toy Story stuff, then.

I still really like the way WB released their old, lovely content with "hey this poo poo is wrong" and not shying away from it and I wish Disney would do the same.

You're dealing with the double whammy of trying to convince someone of anything on Twitter mixed with the density necessary to hold the somehow offensive yet entirely forgettable Pocahontas in high regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Skeezy posted:

Where can I cop that Tiki Bar poster?

FYI complete coincidence artist is gonna drop some more on Friday at 1pm EST

https://www.instagram.com/p/CBQuYhEDAGM/?igshid=1jtm7l31dmoya

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Nottherealaborn posted:

Edit: re-theme Splash to Emperor’s New Groove please

"Pull the lever, Kronk!"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I am very glad they postponed refurbing Spaceship Earth, I’ll miss the old mannequins terribly and will now have the chance to ride it one last time.

If you can read this...

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Clawtopsy posted:

I am very glad they postponed refurbing Spaceship Earth, I’ll miss the old mannequins terribly and will now have the chance to ride it one last time.

If you can read this...

نشكر الفينيقيين

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

couldcareless posted:

You're dealing with the double whammy of trying to convince someone of anything on Twitter mixed with the density necessary to hold the somehow offensive yet entirely forgettable Pocahontas in high regard.

yeah but I tend to get real pissed off about pocahontas enthusiasm in general.

Roadie posted:

"Pull the lever, Kronk!"

I've seen this a lot and I like the idea but the argument for it fitting in frontierland is hard.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

yeah but I tend to get real pissed off about pocahontas enthusiasm in general.

Those people who are all into pocahontas must have covid because they lack taste

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
That the biggest segment of Fantasmic is still Pocahontas blows my mind.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Zero One posted:

That the biggest segment of Fantasmic is still Pocahontas blows my mind.

She's even a whole drat section of the auditorium.

(I don't actually hate the pocahontas segment of fantasmic but that's because I'm so loving pumped to be at fantasmic that nothing can ruin it for me short of the entire front row ending up covered in liquifire or some poo poo)

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Movies that suck:
Mulan
Pocahontus
Treasure Planet
Atlantoa

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Empress Brosephine posted:

Movies that suck:
Mulan
Treasure Planet

drat you suck

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/DisneyParksNews/status/1270839050664947712

RIP Anaheim/Orange County

poolside toaster
Jul 12, 2008

Alright, betting is open, boys.

How many epic Annual rear end in a top hat meltdowns do you predict?

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Movies that suck:
Mulan
Treasure Planet

What in the gently caress

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Movies that suck:
Mulan
Treasure Planet

What? No. Incorrect.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I forgot to add Tarzan to that list

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012
I can excuse treasure planet, since it’s the most overrated movie, even after accounting for its failure at the box office. But how can you hate Mulan?!

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I still really like the way WB released their old, lovely content with "hey this poo poo is wrong" and not shying away from it and I wish Disney would do the same.

I have the Disney WWII propaganda cartoons set which includes some seriously troubling poo poo and it's fine? It has intros and warning all over. So they've already dealt with this for one collection at least, the only main factor being the WWII set isn't something that would appeal to kids or be shown to little kids by accident I guess.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

poolside toaster posted:

Alright, betting is open, boys.

How many epic Annual rear end in a top hat meltdowns do you predict?

I mean, you have to assume they live long enough to get home and upload it to their youtube channel first. At this point the US is desperate to make supercoronarama.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

With so much of the country rushing to open back up Disney won't be the only hotspot when the virus wipes out another 100k people. I can empathize with people wanting to return to some normal and I would love to stay employed but christ folks it is entertainment, not worth dying over.

We are just opening up our state to in-person gatherings and guys in my AA groups are rushing to get things opened up again without putting any plans in place. With the demographic being older, overweight, smokers or ex-smokers who beat one killer disease you'd think they'd be a little more cautious. No thanks, I'll stick to zoom meeting for a couple more months.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

tomapot posted:

With so much of the country rushing to open back up Disney won't be the only hotspot when the virus wipes out another 100k people. I can empathize with people wanting to return to some normal and I would love to stay employed but christ folks it is entertainment, not worth dying over.

We are just opening up our state to in-person gatherings and guys in my AA groups are rushing to get things opened up again without putting any plans in place. With the demographic being older, overweight, smokers or ex-smokers who beat one killer disease you'd think they'd be a little more cautious. No thanks, I'll stick to zoom meeting for a couple more months.

Part of the problem is that Disney on both coasts is a major single site employer, and while I can't speak for California, I know that Florida's governor has been making a big push for them to open just to get people off unemployment (Not that they've paid me a cent of that since my furlough in April, good work DeSantis)

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Part of the problem is that Disney on both coasts is a major single site employer, and while I can't speak for California, I know that Florida's governor has been making a big push for them to open just to get people off unemployment (Not that they've paid me a cent of that since my furlough in April, good work DeSantis)

I hear you and it goes back to better social safety nets so there wouldn't be this push to get people back to work and you folks could stay safe. I always thought Disney as a whole could withstand downturns since there was always some amount that people would spend on some parts of the business even if there was a TV strike or ratings were down, or we had some clunker movies, or tourism took a hit. Then 2020 came around and it all went to poo poo all at the same time

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

tomapot posted:

It's 85k to 200,000 dead.

Everywhere I went today, no one was wearing masks. Not even handkerchiefs. People look at me like I'm crazy for wearing a mask. Georgia is terrifying.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nottherealaborn posted:

I can excuse treasure planet, since it’s the most overrated movie, even after accounting for its failure at the box office. But how can you hate Mulan?!

I think no one just made a man out of him/her yet.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

It's 85k to 200,000 dead.

Everywhere I went today, no one was wearing masks. Not even handkerchiefs. People look at me like I'm crazy for wearing a mask. Georgia is terrifying.
Well, Herr Tangerine just announced that "COVID is reduced to ashes", so I guess the threat is over, huh?

At least in deeply red states.

Yeah, looking forward to the next time I'd be comfortable going to Disney World, sometime in 2022. :sigh:

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I think your president was a mistake.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Instead of re-theming Splash Mountain they should re-build it into a good ride instead.

(Log Flumes are an auto-no for me. I never understood the appeal of getting soaked in your street clothes, it makes me feel super gross for the rest of the day. If I wanted to get wet I'd go to a water park. I've felt this way ever since I was a kid, way before I even had to worry about my cell phone)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
While I'm here, any other classic rides anyone would like me to poo poo on?

Don't say Carousel of Progress.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Do the Tiki Room

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tea cups are a stupid ride and it's baffling why it and tomorrow speedway still exist

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Hollywood Studios Tower or Terror :unsmigghh:

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
I would say Autopia, but that might be too easy.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

Renegret posted:

Instead of re-theming Splash Mountain they should re-build it into a good ride instead.

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Hollywood Studios Tower or Terror :unsmigghh:

Why is everyone ITT just trying to piss me off?

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Tea cups are a stupid ride and it's baffling why it and tomorrow speedway still exist

Tea Cups are great. My future step kids absolutely loved it when we went on there and I put EVERYTHING I had into making the cup spin the fastest. Remembering that moment makes me smile when I'm otherwise frustrated because one of them has decided to carve artwork into the last thing my grandpa made me before he passed.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
The first time I went to Disney with ~*~my wife~*~ (then girlfriend) she wanted to be a cute girlfriend and dared me to spin the teacup as fast as I could.

She underestimated how fast I could spin that bad boy, and I had no idea she was extremely prone to motion sickness.

(I didn't get barfed on but it was pretty close for comfort)

e: so what I'm saying is, tea cups sucks because it's yet another ride that not a single person in my friend/family is brave enough to go wild with me on. I'm sitting here wishing mission space was more intense while they're hemming and hawing over Everest.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 11, 2020

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Renegret posted:

The first time I went to Disney with ~*~my wife~*~ (then girlfriend) she wanted to be a cute girlfriend and dared me to spin the teacup as fast as I could.

She underestimated how fast I could spin that bad boy, and I had no idea she was extremely prone to motion sickness.

(I didn't get barfed on but it was pretty close for comfort)

e: so what I'm saying is, tea cups sucks because it's yet another ride that not a single person in my friend/family is brave enough to go wild with me on. I'm sitting here wishing mission space was more intense while they're hemming and hawing over Everest.

My husband tried to be a bad rear end and out-spin me with the cup. I told him to do his worst. He cackled and said I wouldn't be able to walk afterward. I told him he'd yet to do that (we'd been married less than a month, okay? Military moves hadn't beaten the verbal slaps out of me et).

He KNEW I'd been involved in ballet and other forms of dance for a long, long time. He tried to make me sick. He spent the next hour barfing. He refuses to ride tea cup rides with me. I adore them. Spin me, drat it. Spin me until the wheel breaks off.

E: Put a bunch of interactive screens in space mountain ala test track and slow down the ride by 2/3rds and turn the lights on forever. get rid of all the set pieces. now it's just screens.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

they're both focused on very young kids, who like to spin around and drive a car respectively?

The better question is why the cars at Tomorrowland Speedway are still gas powered (it's money, but come on.)

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler
My wife gives me one shot a year where she’ll ride the teacups with me. Usually at the Halloween parties.

When I was a tour guide, I was a godsend for parents. I’d take everyone who wanted to on the teacups and mom and dad could watch from the sidelines.

Test Track is probably the most hated among guides.

Edit: it’s amazing how awful the Tomorrowland speedway is and how much better Autopia is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

but the children love the teacups

I challenge all die hard twirl fans who want to turn it up to 11 to spin the teacups at knoebels as fast as they can. The disney ones do nothing to me. The ones at knoebels ruined me and I won’t go back on them.