Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Doh004 posted:

I just started doing this too. Flying around and raining infinite rockets onto people (who for some reason can't look up???) is a lot of fun.

It also feels more natural to have her knockback shot as m2 instead of e since it's a thing you aim and fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

Snazzy Frocks posted:

It also feels more natural to have her knockback shot as m2 instead of e since it's a thing you aim and fire

I did this as well. It has worked wonderfully.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I also moved Discord Orb to M2 since Zenyatta's charge is rarely useful at best while constantly swapping discord orbs is something you do regularly.

curiosity fucked me up
Oct 7, 2014
Is there any game type where i shouldn't be mercy?

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

commieB posted:

Lucio is generally better on KOTH maps due to everyone packing into a small space and the relatively short distance between spawn and the point.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ddraig posted:

Mercy's age makes no sense. Wasn't Overwatch disbanded about 30 years prior to the game's date? That means in her primary Overwatch days she would have been 7, but thanks to her magical not aging ability she probably looked 2 years old.

Jack was definitely a young man when Overwatch was disbanded.

Overwatch wasn't disbanded 30 years ago, that's just when the Omnic crisis began. Overwatch was formed shortly after that and I dunno how long ago they disbanded. Either way, for Mercy to only be 37 now means she was really young when Overwatch recruited her.

The timeline for this game falls apart under close scrutiny though so just ignore it. Its not like the overarching story is worth a drat anyways.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

ImpAtom posted:

I also moved Discord Orb to M2 since Zenyatta's charge is rarely useful at best while constantly swapping discord orbs is something you do regularly.

i tried that and it didnt feel right so i put it back on e

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
When someone drops from a competitive match, any one player on the other team should be allowed to drop without a loss, to re-balance the teams.

Maybe give them a competitive point as incentive.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

Overwatch wasn't disbanded 30 years ago, that's just when the Omnic crisis began. Overwatch was formed shortly after that and I dunno how long ago they disbanded. Either way, for Mercy to only be 37 now means she was really young when Overwatch recruited her.

The timeline for this game falls apart under close scrutiny though so just ignore it. Its not like the overarching story is worth a drat anyways.

The lore is bad and not cool do not put any thought into because you will likely have put more effort into it then the lore writer.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

I tried looking the other day, but how do you map character-specific actions to different keys/mouse buttons? :confused:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

jarbv posted:

I tried looking the other day, but how do you map character-specific actions to different keys/mouse buttons? :confused:

Each character's keybinds can be individually set. I think there's a dropdown menu or something. I use it to put D.Va's booster on RMB and Pharah's concussion blast on RMB.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
what

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

jarbv posted:

When you go to controls youll see a drop down box that says "All hereos" change that to the hero you want

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

That's the power of the Death Note, man.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Mercy and Mei have an interaction where Mei tells her that "she hasn't aged a day" since Mei last saw her, and I'm pretty sure the intended implication is that Mercy is actually a lot older than she looks but stays young due to biotic magic and just lies about her age or something, so she wasn't a kid when Overwatch was founded, she's just been 30-something for the last 30-something years.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Smart.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Kai Tave posted:

Mercy and Mei have an interaction where Mei tells her that "she hasn't aged a day" since Mei last saw her, and I'm pretty sure the intended implication is that Mercy is actually a lot older than she looks but stays young due to biotic magic and just lies about her age or something, so she wasn't a kid when Overwatch was founded, she's just been 30-something for the last 30-something years.

mercy's 37

most of the characters' ages are displayed in their bios https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

mercy's 37

most of the characters' ages are displayed in their bios https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/heroes/mercy/

Sure, and one of my aunts was "in her 40s" well into her 50s.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007
She can rebuild a dude into a weird cyborg killing machine , I'm pretty sure she can fix her wrinkles.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...
A bunch of dudes arguing about the age of a woman based off of her appearance in a thread about video games.

Nice.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
If she's lying about her age on paper it makes no sense to claim to be 37 cause she doesn't look that old. Also why would she lie about her age in the first place? That's definitely her real age.

INTJ Mastermind
Dec 30, 2004

It's a radial!

commieB posted:

When your team mates can't hold the line. Mercy doesn't hold up well under sustained pressure and leakers will really gently caress up your game. The best scenario is if your guys can set up a static defense and keep the enemy on one side of your Rein shield while you fly back and forth spot healing as necessary.

Speaking of holding the line, I've had great success with S76 on defense. He's very terrain dependent since he doesn't have any mobility powers. The ideal setup has you on higher ground where they can't bum rush your position, and with convenient cover to drop your beacon and heal behind. As long as you have the terrain advantage (and they don't switch to flankers) you can pretty much hold off multiple heroes indefinitely.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Kai Tave posted:

you mixed them up; Mercy is complimenting Mei and Mei explains that she uses cryogenetics to appear younger :goonsay:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

There are two conversations:
Mercy: Mei, you haven't aged a day. What's your secret?
Mei: Cryostasis. But I'm not sure if I'd recommend it.

Mei: Doctor Ziegler, I don't think you've aged a day since I last saw you.
Mercy: And neither have you, Mei.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Mei's cryostasis was an accident though i think

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Wtf are u all talking about

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mercy is basically Melisandre. Take the halo off and she looks like this:

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Mierenneuker posted:

There are two conversations:
Mercy: Mei, you haven't aged a day. What's your secret?
Mei: Cryostasis. But I'm not sure if I'd recommend it.

Mei: Doctor Ziegler, I don't think you've aged a day since I last saw you.
Mercy: And neither have you, Mei.

that they have both of these exchanges kicks my ocd in its nads

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Hold on, this game has a back story?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Mei's cryostasis was an accident though i think

I believe her backstory is that she got locked in cryostasis for 10 years by accident.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

vulturesrow posted:

Hold on, this game has a back story?

there used to be an mmo and overwatch is based off of the scraps of it

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Manatee Cannon posted:

there used to be an mmo and overwatch is based off of the scraps of it

lol is this game really the rubble of project titan?

demota
Aug 12, 2003

I could read between the lines. They wanted to see the alien.
Time doesn't really exist in Overwatch, the game. Mercy is dead. Mercy talking to Mei in Overwatch is like Arthas talking to Uther in Heroes of the Storm.

When Mercy does her "No pulse" emote, she feels her own wrist and shrugs. Also, she turned Reyes into Reaper, who is pretty miserable about it. Reaper wouldn't have let her live, and Mercy wouldn't have been able to fight him off.

Also she has wings and a halo.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

titan failed and they took what they had and made overwatch instead from what I understand

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/blizzard-on-cancelled-titan-mmo-we-failed-horrific/1100-6439068/
http://kotaku.com/heres-what-blizzards-titan-actually-was-1638632121

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Woah, Mercy's pretty creepy.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Doh004 posted:

A bunch of dudes arguing about the age of a woman based off of her appearance in a thread about video games.

Nice.

Fantastic post

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

UP AND ADAM posted:

Fantastic post

they're probably white, too

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
does junkrats mine take damage in the air or only after it sticks to something

Valicious
Aug 16, 2010
Had the most fun I've ever had playing Overwatch in a competitive 6-man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfGDpAhFEZc

I'd really like to start a regular comp team with you guys. If you were in our group and see this, PM me and let's get organized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Valicious posted:

Had the most fun I've ever had playing Overwatch in a competitive 6-man
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfGDpAhFEZc

I'd really like to start a regular comp team with you guys. If you were in our group and see this, PM me and let's get organized.

um why the hell would you play without a kill feed?