Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Parallel Playa posted:

He looked pretty good in their series against PSG (don't ask why I watched that). Way better than amazing-x has
You watched it because there's a good chance that at least one team from EU Challenger will make it to World's :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sexpansion posted:

I can't imagine he could be worse.

you need to expand your mind, sexpansion. its good to have an active imagination. for instance what if he comes out on stage and executes caps on live stream? that would definitely be worse than amazing because im fairly positive you have to forfeit if you've only got four players

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

rabidsquid posted:

you need to expand your mind, sexpansion. its good to have an active imagination. for instance what if he comes out on stage and executes caps on live stream? that would definitely be worse than amazing because im fairly positive you have to forfeit if you've only got four players

Amazing to mid lane?!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

fnatic would lose so that seems like it would serve the common good

im old rick bitch
Oct 19, 2004

How does it feel?

rabidsquid posted:

i'd actually watch the eu lcs on the reg if they starting murdering the players. you might want to contact riot about this idea it has real promise

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
[sad trombone noises emerge from afreeca freecs vs rox tigers at the baron pit]

e: [sad trombone noises emerge from afreeca freecs in their own base vs rox tigers]

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
holy moly that game was terrible

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://clips.twitch.tv/lck1/AdventurousHamsterRedCoat

???????????????????

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
It turns out 2017 is really the year gap closes between Korea and the rest of the world but only because all these shitters came back from NA and China.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
rox just passed on rengar to first pick varus

loving bonobos

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Firebert posted:

loving bonobos

37% winrate champ a total must pick, dontchaknow

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
LS legit retarded, confused why Corki built Maw instead of Edge of Night

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."

ungulateman posted:

e: [sad trombone noises emerge from afreeca freecs in their own base vs rox tigers]

Reverse this and that's the third game in a nutshell, rip rocks tigers

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Whoa Leona pick in LCK.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Firebert posted:

LS legit retarded, confused why Corki built Maw instead of Edge of Night

I haven't seen the game yet but isn't Edge of Night no lie the best AD/mag resist item on 7.2?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno posted:

I haven't seen the game yet but isn't Edge of Night no lie the best AD/mag resist item on 7.2?

Yeah I think edge of night is broken and everyone is buying it right now.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Sexpansion posted:

Whoa Leona pick in LCK.

A caster in I think EU was answering a question and said no one would pick leona in pro play. Maybe the question submitter was wraith.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
omg that first Afreeca-Rox game, holy poo poo that was hilarious.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

http://www.thescoreesports.com/lol/news/13081-sources-hachani-to-leave-team-vitality-starting-lineup

quote:

His departure is due to the fact that the team was not working well together, but also because Hachani is dealing with insomnia, making it difficult for him to focus on the game.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

He definitely seemed to be sleepwalking in game.

Serious, though, hope he gets better. If he's got some serious stage-jitters or something like that, it's probably better for someone to find out now.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Corki doesn't greatly benefit from lethality though, it would be like building edge of night on tf

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Kashuno posted:

Famed lethality lover, Corki.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

I didn't watch the game or context but like Keven said Corki doesn't build lethality and on Corki you want to survive the lane vs burst mages so you take exhaust + hexdrinker. Its really hard to die with those two things. One of the main reason Corki was to counter Syndra because of the exhaust/hexdrinker combo lets him basically 1v1 her at most points in the game.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
is there a "this is how lethality works" primer somewhere I haven't played in a while before rear end rework

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It's worse armor pen and corki scales with ad but does 70% magic damage more or less, the end.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's just scaling armor pen so like at level 1, 1 lethality is .6(?) armor pen and at level 18 it's 1.2 armor pen or something like that.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Lethality is scaling armor pen, yes. The confusing part is that it scales with YOUR TARGET'S level, not your own. If your target is level 1, 20 Lethality is the same as 12 old armour pen. If your target is level 18, it's the same as 20 old armour pen.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Killed By Death posted:

Lethality is scaling armor pen, yes. The confusing part is that it scales with YOUR TARGET'S level, not your own. If your target is level 1, 20 Lethality is the same as 12 old armour pen. If your target is level 18, it's the same as 20 old armour pen.

Yes.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Wait it doesn't even scale over 1 to 1... lol

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
What's funny is that League is moving toward being as arcane and full of random things as DOTA :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
lol what a complicated way to handle armor pen

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Work Friend Keven posted:

Wait it doesn't even scale over 1 to 1... lol

New lethality values are higher than old armor pen values though, so in that way you do end up with more armor pen at 18 than before

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Yeah I guess they're all 20 and the old items were... 15? I can't remember.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Kashuno posted:

yes but Corki itemisation and play pattern doesn't make great use of Edge of Night whereas it makes wonderful use of Maw because of the ability to have Hexdrinker in lane and then the spell vamp and life steal in longer fights and engages when you upgrade to Maw. Edge of Night is only useful for Corki in a situation wherein you're somehow going to get out of lane without Hexdrinker but also desperately need the extra MR/anti-burst, but not before like three items, so in conclusion It's Bad and LS Is Wrong.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Work Friend Keven posted:

It's worse armor pen and corki scales with ad but does 70% magic damage more or less, the end.

Ya I always hear the casters say its 50/50 magic/ad for corki's damage but its definitely 70 or atleast 60 magic damage. Because he gets very low ad items like triforce/i.e. Before the build was triforce/botrk/i.e so maybe back then you did more ad damage since you are going to be using your aa's alot more. Also I played him a bunch mid and I always do significantly more magic damage.

Riot just annouced MSI and worlds locations/time. http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/2017-international-events
MSi is in Brazil and Worlds in China.

Ulio fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Feb 8, 2017

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MSI in Brazil seems smart considering that region seems to be improving massively and I'm sure Riot got paid a fuckload of money to have Worlds in China.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Ulio posted:

Riot just annouced MSI and worlds locations/time. http://www.lolesports.com/en_US/articles/2017-international-events
MSi is in Brazil and Worlds in China.
They also announced the format(s) and seeding implications for MSI and World's.

So, firstly, MSI will be multi-stage event with 13 teams, one from each region including wildcards. KR, EU and CN get seeded directly to the group stage due to (on average) stronger performances over the last two years. The rest of the teams play a play-in to get to the group stage (NA and LMS getting a first round bye):

MSI still has seeding implications for World's:

As for World's, the top 3 teams from Korea, the top 2 from EU/NA/CN/LMS and 1 wildcard are seeded to group stage. The 3rd best teams from EU/NA/CN/LMS and the wildcards (including team #2 from the first wildcard region) compete in a play-in for the rest of the slots:

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

the champion.gg analysis for mid corki has him about about 80% magic damage

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

Firebert posted:

loving bonobos

Quoting this because it happened again, except this time it's Longzhu who are the monkeys

What is it with the Varus fetish? It's legitimately Not Good Enough (TM), if the sample of a bajillion games played is anything to go by. It wins much much less than Jhin or Ashe, it's not worth an FP even on a poke comp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
varus' winrate is more reflective of his absurdly high pickrate than him being bad, much like karma at worlds (ashe is the zyra equivalent in this metaphor) except replace 'karma is only good with olaf' with 'varus is good with anybody who does anything to that dude he roots'

also rengar did nothing and lost, so

• Locked thread