Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

It's always more expensive than free.

With HIDs and LEDs, they use far less electricity, so if you're stealing electricty too, you're far less likely to get noticed. There has been a big problem in northern alberta with expensive light bars going missing off brotrucks and ending up at grow ops in prince george.

Odd, we don't have this problem in CO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

Odd, we don't have this problem in CO.

Because you don't have to hide your grow op in colorado.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Powershift posted:

Because you don't have to hide your grow op in colorado.

:thejoke:

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Slavvy posted:

Imagine a crackhead who grows weed cause he can't cook meth.

Now imagine Russia.

Now imagine a Russian crackhead.

Where does krokodil come into play?

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Powershift posted:

There has been a big problem in northern alberta with expensive light bars going missing off brotrucks and ending up at grow ops in prince george.

So as a result motorists driving in the opposite direction get to retain their eyesight when some bro fails to turn off his highbeams, which the "off road only" LED light bar is wired into? I fail to see a problem with this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
MAZDA CURSE.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Powershift posted:

It's always more expensive than free.

With HIDs and LEDs, they use far less electricity, so if you're stealing electricty too, you're far less likely to get noticed. There has been a big problem in northern alberta with expensive light bars going missing off brotrucks and ending up at grow ops in prince george.

Do any of those cars actually have HID or LED driving lights? The first one is an older 3 which definitely doesn't.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

dissss posted:

Do any of those cars actually have HID or LED driving lights? The first one is an older 3 which definitely doesn't.

Popular legend has it it's for grow lights, but honestly it's far more likely that the stock fog lights on those cars are easily smashed by rocks, and replacements are either expensive or impossible to come by (thus expensive), so a tidy eBay/Craigslist business could be made ripping serviceable ones out of cars for free and selling them online for a few hundred a pop.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Uthor posted:

Where does krokodil come into play?

That comes into play where it's too cold to grow weed even indoors I think.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Geoj posted:

So as a result motorists driving in the opposite direction get to retain their eyesight when some bro fails to turn off his highbeams, which the "off road only" LED light bar is wired into? I fail to see a problem with this.

How much trouble would I get in for putting a qbeam in my back window for when these fuckers roll up 2 inches from my bumper attempting to burn out my retinas?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

How much trouble would I get in for putting a qbeam in my back window for when these fuckers roll up 2 inches from my bumper attempting to burn out my retinas?

A better trick is to learn the angle on your side view mirrors to reflect their own light back into their face. Then they can't blame anyone but themselves.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I turns out that VW Polos used vacuum central locking. In 2001. Oh come on, Volkswagen.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

InitialDave posted:

I turns out that VW Polos used vacuum central locking. In 2001. Oh come on, Volkswagen.

You'd prefer they use electric actuators? In 2001? Volkswagen?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

xzzy posted:

A better trick is to learn the angle on your side view mirrors to reflect their own light back into their face. Then they can't blame anyone but themselves.

I've started just slowing down to let them pass then flip on my high beams and follow them as long as I can.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

InitialDave posted:

Also, interior panels literally made of particle board and secured to the body using steel spring clips that tear out of the board at the slightest provocation.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

veedubfreak posted:

I've started just slowing down to let them pass then flip on my high beams and follow them as long as I can.

Sounds like a great way to escalate a situation.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Slavvy posted:

Also, interior panels literally made of particle board and secured to the body using steel spring clips that tear out of the board at the slightest provocation.

I had to do an oil change on a customer's POS Beetle (but I repeat myself :v:), think it was an 02. As I was getting in, I went to close the door; the resistance from the little nub that holds the door at various angles was enough for me to rip the entire panel off.

Naturally I got a chewing out from both customer and manager about how I needed to tone down my Hulk strength and quit damaging our valued customers' property.

gently caress VAG interiors.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fucknag posted:

gently caress VAG.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Slavvy posted:

Wait, like my 72 super? Like, exactly the same as a car from 43 years ago?

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

Powershift posted:

So it turns out porsche cayenne aren't the only good lights for growing weed.

Yeah I'm not convinced any of these are actually going into grow sites since none of those cars have HID/LED /fog lights/. The fogs in my 1st gen MS3 appear to just be incandescent bulbs!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Geirskogul posted:

Wait, like my 72 super? Like, exactly the same as a car from 43 years ago?

And my old 77 BMW.

Not my 85 corolla though. That had plastic pop-clips like any Japanese car today. Funny that.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Powershift posted:

There has been a big problem in northern alberta with expensive light bars going missing off brotrucks and ending up at grow ops in prince george.

I am absolutely fine with this.

More weed, less blinding, win for all.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

MetaJew posted:

Yeah I'm not convinced any of these are actually going into grow sites since none of those cars have HID/LED /fog lights/. The fogs in my 1st gen MS3 appear to just be incandescent bulbs!

It's comically easy to put together an LED array far more powerful than any automotive foglight, with a spectrum far better suited to growing plants, all for less than $200, with parts all delivered to your door.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Aliexpress is a wonderful thing.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

some texas redneck posted:

I am absolutely fine with this.

More weed, less blinding, win for all.

Yeah man, stealing from people to support your drug habit/sales, nothing wrong with that at all. Nope.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Yeah man, stealing from people to support your drug habit/sales, nothing wrong with that at all. Nope.

On the other hand, brotrucks.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Are non-bro trucks allowed LED lights in your perfect just universe?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah, remember the pictures that sparked this discussion were of stock Mazdas that had their foglamps sawzalled off.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Safety Dance posted:

Are they aimed properly and lower than 3 feet off the ground?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Safety Dance posted:

Buddy, you would be shocked and appalled by my perfect universe.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It looks like a comicbook villain's head.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It looks like that monster truck toy from the 80's where claws popped out of the tires.

Good thing it'll never actually see production.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I think the inside is the worst thing about it. It took a little while to find one that wasn't a render, but here:

e: actually no, the worst (best) thing is that it comes with its own quadcopter mounted inside the roof to "scout the road ahead".

Wolfsbane fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jan 28, 2015

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

gently caress her right in the Passat.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Wolfsbane posted:

I think the inside is the worst thing about it. It took a little while to find one that wasn't a render, but here:

e: actually no, the worst (best) thing is that it comes with its own quadcopter mounted inside the roof to "scout the road ahead".

Am I not getting a proper sense of scale from this photo or are the pedals really far off the floor? Or are you just supposed to pilot this thing with both feet on the pedals all the time and there's some sort of heavy resistance to them when you stretch your leg to push them in?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Wasabi the J posted:

gently caress her right in the Passat.

Don't be sexist. I have no doubt whatsoever that every VAG engineer is a man; no woman could be so wilfully and persistently moronic. Maintaining that level of dumbassery for decades on end takes the kind of stubbornness men are famous for.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

davebo posted:

Am I not getting a proper sense of scale from this photo or are the pedals really far off the floor? Or are you just supposed to pilot this thing with both feet on the pedals all the time and there's some sort of heavy resistance to them when you stretch your leg to push them in?

Just think how massive your quads will get holding your feet up in the air for hours!

It's like a standing desk, for cars.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

I would drive the poo poo out of this thing. It looks like a car-meets-quad. I mean, I wouldn't pay for it, but if you put me in one, I would likely have a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

xzzy posted:

Just think how massive your quads will get holding your feet up in the air for hours!

It's like a standing desk, for cars.

No, no. Look how weird those pedals look. I think they're like bike pedals where you wear special shoes that clip in to the pedals so your feet just stay on them with no effort and you just have to push in when you want to move or stop. Of course this means that when you get to a red light you can't put your feet down and have to lean against the car in the next lane.