Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Sega 3D Classics on sale in NA, $2.99 each:

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

Nicalis games on sale in NA, ends August 29:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Wii U/3DS) - $9.99
1001 Spikes (Wii U/3DS) - $9.99
Grinsia (3DS) - $6.99
Ikachan (3DS) - $3.99
Nightsky (3DS) - $6.99
Cave Story (3DS) - $6.99

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Nicalis games on sale in NA, ends August 29:

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Wii U/3DS) - $9.99

As a huge Isaac fan, please don't give them money for this loving horrific port. They basically dumped it and ran, the port is complete loving trash, slowdown, bad gamma, and probably no hope of an update ever. Save your money.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I don't know which version you played (they're both bad) but the (New) 3DS version is so much worse. gently caress Nicalis.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

I don't know which version you played (they're both bad) but the (New) 3DS version is so much worse. gently caress Nicalis.

N3ds for me as well. And yes, straight up gently caress that nonsense. Their ports always basically seem to come down to "eh, it's the strictest definition of playable, but it's sure as hell not good"

Ive heard the WiiU version isn't as lovely, but I'm not giving them another 15 bucks to find out.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Sega 3D Classics on sale in NA, $2.99 each:

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

Which of these are considered to be must owns? I'm considering Gunstar Heroes, Outrun, Afterburner 2, Space Harrier, and Super Hang On... Maybe Ecco the Dolphin.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

zenintrude posted:

Which of these are considered to be must owns? I'm considering Gunstar Heroes, Outrun, Afterburner 2, Space Harrier, and Super Hang On... Maybe Ecco the Dolphin.

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Give M2 your money.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

elf help book posted:

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

:yeah:

Literally every 3D Classic is worth it.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i wouldn't get afterburner, ecco or hang-on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's crazy how good the 3D is in those versions

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Super Hang-On probably isn't worth it because you'll play it twice and kinda get your fill. Its a fun game at an arcade though

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

In Training posted:

It's crazy how good the 3D is in those versions

its insane in gunstar heroes

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

absolutely anything posted:

i wouldn't get afterburner, ecco or hang-on

I don't like Afterburner but Ecco and Hang-On are rad. Hang-On has an unlockable mode that is all the races as one giant insane race and that is cool. Also Ecco the dolphin is an ridiculous and weird game and the 3D is amazing and M2 deserves a lot of money to make more games with so buy them all.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

elf help book posted:

Streets of Rage 2
Gunstar Heroes
Outrun
Afterburner 2
Shinobi 3
Streets of Rage
Space Harrier
Ecco the Dolphin
Super Hang-On

Give me Toe Jam & Earl 3D or gently caress off.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

its insane in gunstar heroes

When I've got a little bit of time to kill but not enough to dig into a full blown gaming sesh I play the pyramid level in Gunstar 3D just for the part where you surfing down the side and enemies are flying into the screen in 3D at all these different planes. So sick

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

I don't like Afterburner but Ecco and Hang-On are rad. Hang-On has an unlockable mode that is all the races as one giant insane race and that is cool. Also Ecco the dolphin is an ridiculous and weird game and the 3D is amazing and M2 deserves a lot of money to make more games with so buy them all.

ecco was never good, hang-on's definitely a matter of taste though. i just don't think it holds up outside of the gimmick of its arcade cabinet, like afterburner

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The arrange mode they added to this version of Afterburner makes it more fun, I think.

I can't remember if I mentioned it in this thread or not but Sega 3D Classics Collection was finally formally announced for PAL-land, it'll be released on November 4.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Axiom Verge will hit Wii U in both regions on September 1: http://www.axiomverge.com/blog/feels-like-coming-home

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

DeadBonesBrook posted:

There doesn't seem to be a press release for this weeks eshop titles (except for Snap). I wonder if it means a Direct is incoming?
Monday was a holiday in a bunch of countries in Europe, the PR will probably drop today.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

nicalis really does ruin every game they touch and I'm unsure how all those game devs can talk about how much they love them unless it's Stockholm syndrome acting up or something

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/765458239421120512

Get Pikmin 3.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
Also both Xenoblade rewards are now gone from EU Mynintendo. No new ones in their place because gently caress you

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Rexroom posted:

Get Pikmin 3.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of August 18):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Poncho - €8.99 / £7.99
    Blasting Agent: Ultimate Edition - €4.99 / £4.49
    Citadale - €4.52 / £4.09
    Collateral Thinking - €2.99 / £2.69
    Word Logic by POWG - €8.99 / £7.99, crossbuy
    Typoman - €9.99 / £8.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Pokemon Snap (N64) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon - Explorers of Sky (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Star Wars Pinball (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force Pack (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £3.99 until August 18
    Star Wars Pinball; Star Wars Rebels (Wii U eShop) - €1.49 / £1.19 until August 18
    Nano Assault Neo (Wii U eShop) - €7.49 / £6.70 until August 25
    Ducktales Remastered (Wii U) - €5.99 / £4.79 until August 25[/i]
    Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara (Wii U eShop) - €4.94 / £3.95 until August 25[/i]
    Resident Evil Revelations (Wii U) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    The Fall (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.40 from August 18-25
    Art of Balance (Wii U eShop) - €6.70 / £5.36 from August 18-26
    Trine Enchanted Edition (Wii U eShop) - €6.49 / £5.79 until August 29
    Trine 2 Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €8.49 / £6.99 until August 29
    Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty (Wii U eShop) - €9.99 / £7.49 from August 18-September 1

NEW 3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Brick Race - €1.49 / £1.39
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Blasting Agent - Ultimate Edition - €4.99 / £4.49
    Jump Trials Supreme - €4.99 / £4.19
    Word Logic by POWG - €8.99 / £7.99, crossbuy
    Jump Trials Surpeme (demo)
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
3DS VIDEO DOWNLOADS
    Inazuma Eleven: The Movie - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS MENU THEMES (August 5)
    Monster Hunter Generations - The Heroes' Journey - €1.99 / £1.79
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy either MMX2 or MMX3, get the other for 50% off! (New 3DS VC) - ends August 25
    Mega Men Legacy Collection (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney Trilogy (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.49 until August 25
    Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £7.99 until August 25
    Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Resident Evil Revelations (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Return to Popolocrois: A Story of Seasons Fairy Tale (3DS eShop) - €22.99 / £19.99 until August 25
    BIT.TRIP SAGA (3DS) - €4.99 / £4.49 until August 25
    Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi (3DS) - €11.99 / £11.99 until August 25
    Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns (3DS) - €9.99 / £8.99 until August 25
    Hometown Story (3DS) - €7.49 / £7.49 until August 25
    Sadame (3DS eShop) - €7.49 / £6.49 until August 25
    Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (3DS) - €12.49 / £9.99 until August 25
    Streetpass Mii Plaza Pack 1 - €9.99 / £8.99 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza Pack 1 - €5.29 / £4.80 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Battle - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Fishing - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Garden - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Mansion - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Squad - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Streetpass Mii Plaza : Streetpass Zombies - €3.99 / £3.59 from August 18-28
    Rage of the Gladiators (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until September 1
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 from August 18-September 18

It's not on the PR but NOE's opening up the Splatoon Testfire demo again, from August 18 to September 1.

Note the sale on the Streetpass games - I don't know why they only discounted some of them, but of the ones they discounted, I liked Fishing and Mansion.

Castlevania fans, feast your eyes on this!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnS7QDCMZYY

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Another feature-length video for the 3DS, where the player was designed for short clips and has no way to bookmark a spot.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Haha, this is like the least subtle thing ever. Will definitely check it out if people say it plays alright.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

:staredog:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol "Sonja".

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Isn't that kind of like writing a book about a kid named Gary Otter discovering he's a warlock and going off to Pigzits?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Bloodstained Wii U is looking good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Some of those sprites look straight ripped from NES Castlevania.....

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I don't think I've ever seen a trailer for a commercial video game that both plugged the creator's Patreon as well as had annotations apologizing for the lovely video quality. I'm actually kind of impressed.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

They released an update that fixed most of the issues, I haven't had any problems since the update.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Nicalis' Isaac remake isn't without issues but sometimes I think people forget how jacked up the original flash version was.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Mr Phillby posted:

Nicalis' Isaac remake isn't without issues but sometimes I think people forget how jacked up the original flash version was.

Thing is the PC version is basically 100% a-ok. The home console ports have been at least passable, but the 3ds port, and to a lesser extent the WiiU one, are just loving garbage that you really shouldn't spend money on. Even with the fixes to keep it from full on making GBS threads itself, the 3ds port still runs horribly, has a ton of latency and lacks basic options that are pretty key like a gamma adjustment.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I don't have any of those issues, except the gamma thing. But I don't need to make the game lighter or darker, it looks fine and I have no issue seeing anything.

Come to think of it, are there any 3DS games that have a gamma slider? I can't think of a single one. So why is that an issue on the 3DS?

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Anora posted:

I don't have any of those issues, except the gamma thing. But I don't need to make the game lighter or darker, it looks fine and I have no issue seeing anything.

Come to think of it, are there any 3DS games that have a gamma slider? I can't think of a single one. So why is that an issue on the 3DS?

It's an issue because every other platform has it, and at least to me the curse of the darkness levels are so dark it borders on unplayable. I also have about 350 hours in the PC version, so I'm sure a lot of my complaints are due to being very much used to a smooth, 60fps experience, and the 3ds version feels hilariously janky in comparison.

I'll drop this derail now, though. I've expressed my opinion, if somebody still wants to buy it, gently caress it. Your money.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

Sakurazuka posted:

Some of those sprites look straight ripped from NES Castlevania.....

Apologize to Castlevania for the hurtful things you've been saying about it.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Next week's JP Wii U releases: Wario Shake (Wii DL), Mario Sports Mix (Wii DL), Usas (MSX)

Usas is a Konami action/adventure game with an east Asian setting; it's a pretty good game and I don't think it's been re-released before, at least not on VC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
NA's getting the third Pokemon Ranger game.

No Snap for us! Welp.

I guess this is nice for those of you who like to do Pokemon Ranger stuff. It's kind of odd having VC games that are only 6 years old.