Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

HGH posted:

Don't read the reactions to #FE.
Or better yet watch this big dumb spoiler.

its messed up that there are people out there who dont think this owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Depths posted:

Liam has bad opinions.

Should i start with the 08th team and war in the pocket? what should i watch after those two?

War in the Pocket

Wordnumber
Jan 13, 2015
I think Liam was saying that FE is more grounded about war in comparison to the Gundam series Pat was talking about, where the main character wasn't killing people in the war he was a part of because he broke up with his girlfriend.

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

hoobajoo posted:

G Gundam.
The only true answer.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Yeah it was more on balancing your life stuff in war, with the gundang dude actively putting fellow soldiers in danger and not shooting the enemy forces because of his not girlfriend or something, and Liam's point was that FE is fairly balanced in people not giving their own personal lives too much weight compared to the war stuff or something while Awakening doesn't pull it off that well, I believe due to the whole bring your child to war mechanic but he never specifically mentions what it is that the older FE do better.

HGH posted:

Don't read the reactions to #FE.
Or better yet watch this big dumb spoiler.

Oh god this is so loving cool. I really, really hope that this also means that the main guy gets rid of Chrom as his Perfoma at some point to get Marth instead. Dude can't get in Smash and he gets kicked out of #FE

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

You guys should try reading Tokyo Ghoul (especially the sequel)

Made One Piece boring in comparison!

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Start with Mobile Suit Gundam :colbert:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Improbable Lobster posted:

War in the Pocket

And by that I mean the cold open with the Hygoggs, aka the best gungans

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

lets hang out posted:

its messed up that there are people out there who dont think this owns

I literally don't understand how you could be a fan of the two franchises involved in the game and look at that and go " this sucks"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TriffTshngo posted:

Fire Emblem was never not anime, who the gently caress has ever thought it was anything remotely resembling realistic

I wonder if Liam thinks Link was never anime either.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Yeah it was more on balancing your life stuff in war, with the gundang dude actively putting fellow soldiers in danger and not shooting the enemy forces because of his not girlfriend or something, and Liam's point was that FE is fairly balanced in people not giving their own personal lives too much weight compared to the war stuff or something while Awakening doesn't pull it off that well, I believe due to the whole bring your child to war mechanic but he never specifically mentions what it is that the older FE do better.

Oh god this is so loving cool. I really, really hope that this also means that the main guy gets rid of Chrom as his Perfoma at some point to get Marth instead. Dude can't get in Smash and he gets kicked out of #FE

idgi because there were kids in other fire emblem games

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There is literally a previous fire emblem game that is all about playing the kids you spawn off the parents, Liam is full of poo poo

Dias posted:

just embrace the fact that all zaibatsu members have poo poo taste already sheesh

The issue isn't taste. The issue is being confusing as hell when you say one thing and then completely 180 on another. I may not agree with Pat, but he's very precise on explaining his thoughts like the Undertale conversation that made sense.

If Matt suddenly said "Man, I don't like bright, bombcastic effects in my fighting games" everyone would go :psyduck:

Tae fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jan 6, 2016

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
just embrace the fact that all zaibatsu members have poo poo taste already sheesh

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
eh I agree with matt and pat on a lot of things, like final fight and being a huge coward in the face of death

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Guess ill start with war in the pocket, then 08th team then that gundam that has a guy named Master Asia

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

08th MS team is pretty bad if you don't like your supposed guerrilla warfare anime hijacked by Romeo and Juliet in the worst way possible. It has strong moments, but it gets really dumb like Pat said in the 2nd half. Also has a short titty scene so warning if you're sharing with your parents.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Depths posted:

Guess ill start with war in the pocket, then 08th team then that gundam that has a guy named Master Asia

Just watch the first 5 minutes of this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-E4LFzAEtfg

War in the Pocket is not good gundos

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Whats good gundos then

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The new Scrublords episode on Vessel.

W-what? :stare:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Depths posted:

Whats good gundos then

What do you want out of a mecha anime show? It's a very large variety.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
People told me to watch those two first im just confused over what to watch cus theres like a million different series

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
watch build fighters, g gundam and medabots

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Tae posted:

There is literally a previous fire emblem game that is all about playing the kids you spawn off the parents, Liam is full of poo poo

Said game was never officially translated from Japanese and thus barely anyone in West have ever played it, so Liam's is a reasonable opinion to have.

Plus, that's just one game out of 10+ pre-Awakening games. It's like if FF15 brought back Junctioning and you gave someone poo poo for complaining about it just because it was also in FF8.

Disclaimer: I haven't listened to the podcast yet so I'm just going off what's been posted in the thread

Scrap Dragon fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 6, 2016

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Depths posted:

Then move on to Turn A, the true best gundam

It's the chrono trigger of gundams, a once in a lifetime mashup of exceptional talent, with syd mead (blade runner, tron, aliens) designing the mobile suits, Yoko Kanno on the soundtrack, and a Happy Tomino producing it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Depths posted:

Whats good gundos then

G Gundam, 08th MS, Zeta is supposed to be good but I haven't seen it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Captain Invictus posted:

Then move on to Turn A, the true best gundam

It's the chrono trigger of gundams, a once in a lifetime mashup of exceptional talent, with syd mead (blade runner, tron, aliens) designing the mobile suits, Yoko Kanno on the soundtrack, and a Happy Tomino producing it

...that is probably the best sales pitch I ever got for Gundam.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
This loving fisticuffs.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's early 1900s America where they one day dig up a bunch of buried gundams under a coal mine, and then the moon people invade! It goes places

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay the FFX being out of sync is very notable on episode 16, near the end when Matt checks on some guy's dialogue options for a little bit and finally picks "tell me about the plan" at which point we hear Matt list off the options and then reads the dialogue way after it goes away. Incidentally I think this is my favorite volume mixing on the channel, you can hear everyone extremely clearly when nobody talks but when Matt and Woolie talk you still can understand what's being said, now I know how loving bad Yuna's VA is.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey Matt?

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Ray_the_Flying_Squirrel

Ray is totally a real Sonic character!

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
What the gently caress are Ren and Stimpy doing here in Scrublords

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He phrases it really poorly but Liam is absolutely right about Awakening and Fates being a huge shift in tone and style from previous FEs. Just like how 6 was from the ones before that. I look forward to whatever new kind of anime FE decides to be in FE Phase 4.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Awakening sold more than literally ever other FE game beforehand so I think that Nintendo is going to want to ride that train hard.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Awakening sold more than literally ever other FE game beforehand so I think that Nintendo is going to want to ride that train hard.

Well yes hence why they proceeded to make 3 Awakenings at once.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Depths posted:

Whats good gundos then

Three words and then four numbers followed by two more words: Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. That is just my opinion though. Also Zeta but if you're going to watch 50 episodes of that you might as well just watch Mobile Suit Gundam first.

best opening
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoplnxPv-J0

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Dmitri-9 posted:

Three words and then four numbers followed by two more words: Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory. That is just my opinion though. Also Zeta but if you're going to watch 50 episodes of that you might as well just watch Mobile Suit Gundam first.

Warning on 0083: If you thought Twilight was a terrible romance triangle that made no loving sense, 0083 makes it understandable and endearing in comparison because man, another pretty "gritty" ova hijacked by some godawful romance sub-plot except way worse.

It's really pretty and they keep making carrot jokes because Kou was voiced by japanese Vegeta.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
Grumps crossover?!

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Man, say what you want about snailsborne, at least it's not as bad as loving game grumps lp.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I dunno, they were doing pretty well in the base game because Egoraptor has played through it before. I assume that's not the case with the DLC though since it just came out, which they're doing now (which I haven't watched yet).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

CJacobs posted:

I dunno, they were doing pretty well in the base game because Egoraptor has played through it before. I assume that's not the case with the DLC though since it just came out, which they're doing now (which I haven't watched yet).
They can't figure out clock thing after Maria while staring directly at it, immediately give up and say they are going to look up the answer, then forget to do that and run around pointlessly for episode and a half. Granted, their episodes are like 10 minutes long.