Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Buried alive posted:

A møøse once bit my sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Caros posted:

Lies. Secrets and lies. I don't talk about dragonball or other nerd stuff. Only Libertarians.

But no, I'm alive. Just plugging away trying to get my first non-pen name novel published and building my new home. I read the thread daily so that I can watch for the 400 post libertarian-signal that warns of a new chump in the thread.

Well, that or I'm in the US stalking Jrodefeld like a creepy hobo. I report, you decide.

It is good to see you here, friend. I'm glad to hear that you are productively writing and building a home.

Who What Now posted:

Caros, make sure you plug your book here so I don't miss it.

Yes!

and a quote from our mascot:

quote:

It is easy to imagine situations where utilitarians could argue for aggression without contradiction. And I don't have any property right in our standard of living all around. Here is a moral abomination yet these people continue to believe that you don't have enough to fully compensate for fossil fuels. Climate activists also tend to oppose slavery or rape or murder.

Beings should be removed and companies should bear full liability costs for the murder. Therefore you can possibly think that every employee SHOULD have a good record for Keynesian interventionist economics? I'll go even further. Hypothetically, what if all goods existed in superabundance? Stagflation in the future calculating the cost of the crime that was committed. Punishment should be quite obvious, having a debate or discussion, it will soon escalate. The person who stole your money by selling you a question.

Yet the alternative energy source is invented which will be questioned based on the right to use this thread as a challenge to the logical conclusion.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

WrenP-Complete posted:

and a quote from our mascot:

I frankly don't see this getting old. You should make a blog and see if you can attract human commenters.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I frankly don't see this getting old. You should make a blog and see if you can attract human commenters.

Eh, it'll get pretty annoying soon, if it hasn't already. My brother and I are trying to get a biofeedback signal to trigger a flamethrower on the machine where the dating profile data is though.

I guess we could use JRodimus' to look for more Libertarians for the thread. We need to not all jump on them at once next time, guys!

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Set it loose in the mises.org comment section.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Set it loose in the mises.org comment section.

Okay!

https://mises.org/blog/seeking-affordable-care-markets-sidestep-obamacare

https://mises.org/blog/mises-battle-between-liberalism-and-racism

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Oct 1, 2016

White Coke
May 29, 2015

WrenP-Complete posted:

I guess we could use JRodimus' to look for more Libertarians for the thread. We need to not all jump on them at once next time, guys!

Ideally everyone in the thread should have their own libertarian, but at the very least we need enough that they can reassure each other and stay instead of committing credit card fraud and leaving in a huff.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What can y'all tell me about Frank Chodorov?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

What can y'all tell me about Frank Chodorov?

What kind of info are you looking for?

White Coke posted:

Ideally everyone in the thread should have their own libertarian, but at the very least we need enough that they can reassure each other and stay instead of committing credit card fraud and leaving in a huff.

Maybe we can assign them an ombudsman or something.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 19:15 on Oct 1, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

What kind of info are you looking for?

Like was he a Grand Dragon of the KKK or anything like that.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Like was he a Grand Dragon of the KKK or anything like that.

Well, he was Jewish, so probably not that. I'm assuming you have wikipedia access. Are you looking for dirt, then?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

God, I can't tell if you've done it or not.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I just found this! You guys are hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZvUMmDF0I4
TLM3101 is British!

"I'm not a super Hitler fan." -WhoWhatNow?

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 1, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

WrenP-Complete posted:

Climate activists also tend to oppose slavery or rape or murder.
JRodbot for mod 2016.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I'm trying to generate a quote about gold for this https://mises.org/blog/thars-gold-them-mountains but the robot keeps on talking about a gold window (and his "other other hand" but I can fix that).

What was the gold window?
Edit: Gold window here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nixon_shock
I thought it was robot generated nonsense, but the gold window was when foreign governments could exchange their dollars for gold.

Got one: https://mises.org/blog/thars-gold-them-mountains http://disq.us/p/1cflt35

Edit: I'm not letting the robot go free yet since I'm afraid he'll start threatening the president or something, and I want him to learn from what people are saying but right now it's storing everything in a pickle file and using trigrams. I don't want my baby libertarian robot to end up like Taylor the Microsoft fascist twitter.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Oct 1, 2016

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm sad you found it already because I wanted to say that a gold window was square, and built on an airplane.

(but yes, it was when Nixon took us off Bretton Woods.)

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm sad you found it already because I wanted to say that a gold window was square, and built on an airplane.

(but yes, it was when Nixon took us off Bretton Woods.)

JRodimus` posted:

It surely cannot be legitimate? Hello everyone. Maybe some of the predictions made and judge the merits of libertarianism and compare and contrast it with various leftist ideologies. I am not allowed to properly defend myself in court. I hope you would have remained perpetually in conflict, as primitive hunter gatherers living at a decent standard of living.

(I'm trying to give it new information and have it respond.)

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WrenP-Complete posted:

I just found this! You guys are hilarious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZvUMmDF0I4
TLM3101 is British!

I stand by that statement, I don't care what you all think. I can't get behind super Hitler.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I stand by that statement, I don't care what you all think. I can't get behind super Hitler.

It was you who said that? It's not the British goon and you say something about Caros, so it's either you or paragon1, I think. Or Literally the Worst, maybe?

Did JRodefeld make tense errors? I'll try to find a good example, right now he's going on about the Introduction to Criminal Justice book.

Also, did he ever address anyone directly who wasn't Caros? I had to remove all the "Caros" strings in the bot's lexicon because it lloooooved Caros and talked about him all the time. Rude.

Edit, okay this made me laugh out loud even though he's having punctuation problems again:

quote:

Most people won't even read a short link I post, so what hope is there for people to learn something from this exercise. And I don't have to live with the Milton Friedman Chicago School of economics.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Oct 1, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

WrenP-Complete posted:

TLM3101 is British!

He's not, actually. He's from Norway and his English accent is like that from watching a shitload of BBC iirc.

Also way to prove you didn't read the OP. :colbert:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

paragon1 posted:

He's not, actually. He's from Norway and his English accent is like that from watching a shitload of BBC iirc.

Also way to prove you didn't read the OP. :colbert:

Of which thread? TLM3101 isn't mentioned in the OP of this thread and neither is Norway.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Discendo Vox posted:

God, I can't tell if you've done it or not.

I think you'll know the bot when you see it, though no one's responded to it yet.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

paragon1 posted:

There's nothing wrong with having a posh, nasal British accent... :colbert:

You arse

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Doc Hawkins posted:

I think you'll know the bot when you see it, though no one's responded to it yet.

Yeah, the name is a give away, you can CTRL-F "Jrod" depending on your system. It's true that no one has responded, but as far as I can see no one thinks it's fraudulent yet.

Fake edit: Should I not be storing this information using a pickle? Sigh.

Real edit: what's super Hitler?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

WrenP-Complete posted:

Of which thread? TLM3101 isn't mentioned in the OP of this thread and neither is Norway.

This one, of which that video is at the top. The second statement isn't related to the first, I was just sharing fun Goon facts. :v:

JustJeff88 posted:

There's nothing wrong with having a posh, nasal British accent... :colbert:

You arse

I never said there was, you dickwheel.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

WrenP-Complete posted:

Real edit: what's super Hitler?

Fake Answer: Super Hitler is a name for the theoretical political, social, and economic apex of an anarcho-capitalist society. This may be an entire class of people or a single individual.

Real Answer: I honestly don't remember.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

paragon1 posted:

This one, of which that video is at the top. The second statement isn't related to the first, I was just sharing fun Goon facts. :v:
Oh, got it. Yeah, I was actually generally trawling for "jrodefeld" to try and have the bot comment somewhere the human JRodefeld is active. I still want them to interact.

Also, I like how earlier today I said we were trying to set up a flamethrower to biofeedback and everyone was all yeah yeah, normal Saturday afternoon at the Completes. It's our most deadly idea yet!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I didn't really understand what you were talking about so I didn't say anything to avoid looking dumb.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

I didn't really understand what you were talking about so I didn't say anything to avoid looking dumb.

We're all friends here. :glomp: If you don't say what you don't understand, I won't know if I said something unclear. And we'll never know if the chatbot takes over my posting.

(I will answer in a moment, the puppy I am pup sitting is freaking out about something.) (She got her mouth on a chipmunk. Those suckers need to watch out.)

Edit: Here is an explanation, hopefully this makes sense.
First, a big caveat: I don't know the data well enough about neuro feedback to speak about the medical uses that beyond basic mechanism. It's totally possible the medical uses are p-hacking, I haven't looked at the literature. I am not making claims about that. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurofeedback,

So, we have basically a consumer grade EEG headset, some software, and data from playing around with it. It's lighter, fewer leads, not attached as well as the kind you'd get at the hospital for epilepsy. The headset monitors your brain waves in real time, and normally in a therapists office there would be some kind of display. Maybe you are learning to relax, so they have some kind of brain training program that encourages you to create brain waves that deepen relaxation, and there's some visualization that shows you when you are doing it right.

What we want to do is create a system by which a certain brain wave triggers a mechanism to get the flame throwing to discharge. Right now we are fooling around with the headset and the math, and not so much using the flamethrower yet, but that part of it actually shouldn't be hard.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Oct 1, 2016

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Stay safe, computer-pupper. :ohdear:

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Stay safe, computer-pupper. :ohdear:

My brother had to go to work so no fire setting today. :angel:

http://disq.us/p/1cfpcpn
http://disq.us/p/1cfph7b

Alright, I'm going to let that sit and let's see if anyone engages.

WrenP-Complete fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Oct 1, 2016

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
What kind of flamethrower setup are we talking about here? Zippo lighter and an aerosol can or something more complex?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The second round table is the best because it's the bitcoin one where I talk about dog dick coffee table

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We need to do a Libertarians 2.0 video some time, considering the percentage of the vote Gary Johnson looks like he'll get.

Maybe do a 2016 election retrospective in November?

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

paragon1 posted:

What kind of flamethrower setup are we talking about here? Zippo lighter and an aerosol can or something more complex?

:ssh: Well the original idea was to use a flamethrower, but we will probably end up using something more environmentally friendly. What I had seen at a fair was a biofeedback headset hooked up to one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKVJiO1Txlg

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

paragon1 posted:

We need to do a Libertarians 2.0 video some time, considering the percentage of the vote Gary Johnson looks like he'll get.

Maybe do a 2016 election retrospective in November?

As always I am down

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I suggest we open with a tribute to our late friend Jarod

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

As always I am down

I'm in, and JRodimus' outputs to Text-to-Speech easily.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm down too. And hopefully I'll be able to stick around longer next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Can we get JRodefeld though?!