Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Youngery bong smooth rollout

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/emily_k_marsh/status/1488680500659113984

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Watched Catalina Caper last night. What an odd film. It's a slapstick heist film with a weird teen summer beach party film happening at the same time.

But it gave us the Creepy Girl song!

https://youtu.be/r82pfb0DlZU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Quote-Unquote posted:

Watched Catalina Caper last night. What an odd film. It's a slapstick heist film with a weird teen summer beach party film happening at the same time.

But it gave us the Creepy Girl song!

https://youtu.be/r82pfb0DlZU
My favorite part is about the 'e' and then the other 'e'.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Murdstone posted:

My favorite part is about the 'e' and then the other 'e'.

The second 'e' is really a grammatical thing 'cause otherwise it would be 'Crepy Girl', and where would that leave us?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

C’mon, you ho-daddies! Let’s burn some books!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My favorite part of the episode is when Little Richard does his song and nobody in the theater makes fun of Little Richard's singing. Being high on the goofballs, fair game. I like how when movies have actual talented musical acts in them, like The Platters in Girls Town, they don't make fun of the singing.

And Little Richard's song in Catalina Caper is about the only part of that thing I can stand to watch nowadays.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Semi-related in Kitten With A Whip I liked when a TV was playing some Looney Tunes cartoon and Tom said "Finally, something good!"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

I brought my Drake posted:

My favorite part of the episode is when Little Richard does his song and nobody in the theater makes fun of Little Richard's singing. Being high on the goofballs, fair game. I like how when movies have actual talented musical acts in them, like The Platters in Girls Town, they don't make fun of the singing.

And Little Richard's song in Catalina Caper is about the only part of that thing I can stand to watch nowadays.

"Prince, I hope you're taking notes!"

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

Angry_Ed posted:

"Prince, I hope you're taking notes!"

"The Nazi Party WOOOOOOO!"

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lawrence, will you settle down, please! <:mad:>

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

This is one of the movies that shaped Middle America's sexuality!

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

Y'know if Mac magic could bring the kid back to life, they should've healed his paralysis while they were at it. Maybe they're saving that for the sequel.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There's now an official MST3K app available for Android.

Diabolik900
Mar 28, 2007

It’s out for iOS and Apple TV as well. These are the apps for watching the new season, but considering the Gizmoplex is still supposed to be in a closed beta, and there’s been no official announcement about the apps being out, even to Kickstarter backers, I get the impression they didn’t necessarily intend for people to find them yet.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I hope that whenever they do it, they find a platform that remembers where you left off if you pause playback. I haven't been watching the rewards much because the app they come in always forgets and I have to scan through if I take a break for something else.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

muscles like this! posted:

iOS too! I can watch the ones I got from the Kickstarter already here! I had to request a link to log in but it's working.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just got an email that's a visitors pass for the Gizmoplex but don't have the time right now to see what it does

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I just got an email that's a visitors pass for the Gizmoplex but don't have the time right now to see what it does
It takes you to a new landing page on their VHX site. Looks a lot like the app but I don't see a Library like you have there so it's a little more work to find any stuff you already own.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

I don't see it on Roku yet, I assume it'll show up there eventually though.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Do I need a Roku or something to cast from my phone to my TV? Usually I send it to my Xbone or if need by my Samsung TV (although that interface is a bit jankier)

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
I use a Chromecast.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Electro-Boogie Jack posted:

I don't see it on Roku yet, I assume it'll show up there eventually though.

Yeah, they've submitted it to pretty much everybody big so there will be apps for Roku and Fire TVs.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Senior Woodchuck posted:

I use a Chromecast.

Oh man, I think I might still have an OG Chromecast in a box somewhere. Haven't needed it since probably around 2016 or so. Time to start digging through closets.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Wonder if they’ll do a WebOS app so I don’t even have to plug anything into my LG C1 :cheeky:

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Cross-Section posted:

Wonder if they’ll do a WebOS app so I don’t even have to plug anything into my LG C1 :cheeky:

Same boat here. I'm not holding out much hope for that, so I'm expecting to just use the regular web interface on the little PC that's hooked up to the TV. I watched the kickstarter streams the same way.

By the way, has anyone ever determined why LG named their TV operating system "WebOS" when it has essentially nothing to do with the Web? Or is that still a mystery to science?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
The Time Bubble live show is hysterical, and the extended “rubbing Mahogany” and Carole of the Bells bits are up there with anything the show ever did.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Powered Descent posted:

Same boat here. I'm not holding out much hope for that, so I'm expecting to just use the regular web interface on the little PC that's hooked up to the TV. I watched the kickstarter streams the same way.

By the way, has anyone ever determined why LG named their TV operating system "WebOS" when it has essentially nothing to do with the Web? Or is that still a mystery to science?

Oddly enough, that name was what HP used for the last generation of Palm devices before they killed the line.

And looking it up, it's actually the same OS. Guess that explains it.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

TL posted:

The Time Bubble live show is hysterical, and the extended “rubbing Mahogany” and Carole of the Bells bits are up there with anything the show ever did.

I'm hoping they were able to properly license and record it for a gizmo release this time because the tours don't come anywhere near here.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mokinokaro posted:

I'm hoping they were able to properly license and record it for a gizmo release this time because the tours don't come anywhere near here.

Joel has talked about wanting to do redo the tour movies for home release but that was before they crowdfunded the new season.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yesterday I started quoting random episodes while watching stuff unrelated.

God I can't wait for the new season to start dropping

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

TL posted:

I was at that show!

Making Contact is one of the most outright bizarre movies that I've ever seen riffed and the fact that the writer/director (Roland Emmerich) has a blockbuster movie out this week is the cherry on top.

The story feels like something that comes to you in a dream where it's not quite coherent, but your mind tries to trick you into thinking it is. I read that 20 minutes was removed from the original German version and figured that would explain why it felt so out there. Turns out that the only scene removed that would have added any context was the kid first talking to his dad via the toy phone and initially freaking out. Otherwise, the extra runtime was mostly a lengthy sequence of the bullies trying to wage war with the scientists and kidnap the main kid.

I probably should have vetted this one, though. My poor wife is afraid of ventriloquist dummies and talking dolls, so she could only handle so much.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
There's no driver! THE CHICKENS ARE TAKING OVER!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Yes, chicken sliced to the width of one electron!

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'd like to be the chicken of tomorrow, but how can I be more the man of today?

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Did America really need to be sold on the automotive industry by this point? :confused:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Joel has talked about wanting to do redo the tour movies for home release but that was before they crowdfunded the new season.

Yeah I know but iirc one of the reasons they didn't is at least one movie only was licensed for the live show.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Hey pal! Feed me and clean up my poops!

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Paul Revere 3000 posted:

Hey pal! Feed me and clean up my poops!

Think I can wear these pants out tonight? :henget: