Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Just got plat 1, my highest rank yet. This is getting -3 or -6 points as a rank adjustment every time I lose.

https://i.imgur.com/pN9OxRi.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

ToastyPotato posted:

5 rare loot chests from Twitch Prime. Wooo. And they are event chests!

Got two legendary pieces of loot from them. An Archangel Diablo (meh) and golden Space Leoric. Not too bad, even if not event stuff.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 18:09 on May 31, 2018

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Mind over Matter posted:

Got two legendary pieces of loot from them. An Archangel Diablo (meh) and golden Space Leoric. Not too bad, even if not even stuff.

I'm still waiting for it to pop on my Bnet account. I don't remember it ever taking this long after clicking it on Twitch. :psyduck:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
You might have to claim it on that stupid laggy gift tab on the bnet launcher.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

No Wave posted:

You might have to claim it on that stupid laggy gift tab on the bnet launcher.

You're supposed to, according to the twitch page, but I haven't gotten the notification to claim it yet.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

You're supposed to, according to the twitch page, but I haven't gotten the notification to claim it yet.

It took me several hours with the glitchsteed loot, and I got these one instantly.

Basically, :shrug:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Im going to uninstall this game the next time a goddamn deckard cain on my team start doing the potion seller skit in chat. It's somehow happened three times now.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Mierenneuker posted:

It took me several hours with the glitchsteed loot, and I got these one instantly.

Basically, :shrug:

They finally popped. I got Mariachi ETC in the same case as regular cowboy ETC. I also got 2 Nazeebo skins and I keep getting the same Zarya skins in chests it seems (but I reroll them since I don't have Zarya.)

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i love free chests!

i also got my free refunded chests that i had bought early and got another spectre mount and garrosh announcer out of those so that's cool too

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Hanzo is really good in the hands of someone that can consistently and accurately hit his abilities and he is otherwise hot garbage. 99% of Hanzos are hot garbage. Blizzard should probably shift his power around a bit so he’s less overpowered at the high end and less punishing at the low end. I for one hate seeing Hanzo on my team as they very rarely make even an “average” contribution to the team. The problem with Hanzo was he was mega safe and did a lot of damage without much effort. They tuned down the damage and now he is just a very safe non-entity in most games.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
on a more important issue than hanzo being dumpster tier, I only have enough triangles to get the new skin or lunara or garrosh and cannot decide between the two

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

None of lunara's other skins are as good as her base skin imo. Garrosh has one of the best skins in the game, Immortan Garrosh (i'm not even a big fury road fan). i'd go with la parca, the roses on noxious blossom are really nice.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Jefe Garrosh owns actually

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

I don't have Zarya, so the game gives me Zarya. But I rerolled all those Zarya skin chests... :smithicide:

extravadanza
Oct 19, 2007
I bought one of the new lunara skins with triangles, but I got the garrosh Jefe skin from a box and it's way better. Hitting people with a chair is dope and when you lose you can say, "Guess I should have brought MY AXE instead of THIS CHAIR" and everybody will laugh with you.

extravadanza fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 31, 2018

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

i didn't like the sonya skin at first but just getting another whirlwind sound effect is nice given that you hear it over... and over... and over...

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Are the SWAT skins normally 400 shards or is this some kind of sale?

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zeratul ~pro micro technique~ from reddit

quote:

An undocumented 'fix' to Zeratul's vorpal blade makes it so its destination depends on where you are looking. Used to be, some unknown amount of patches ago even after his rework, that it always preferred to teleport you south of your target.

Now you can decide which side of your target to teleport on by quickly looking opposite of that direction: If you wanna appear south, look north; if you wanna appear west, look east and so on.

This is important for bodyblocking, baiting out skillshots, escaping more efficiently and a nice way to increase the skill cap of the character.

https://clips.twitch.tv/DiligentObliqueJaguarSmoocherZ

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

lol I got 2 legendaries out of my free chests

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

ToastyPotato posted:

Are the SWAT skins normally 400 shards or is this some kind of sale?

They are considered epic, so they normally are. They only were 600 shards during their first two weeks.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I also got a legendary in my Twitch 5 Rare chests. I got the pigńata :3:

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

No Wave posted:

This is normal and part of balancing and isn't really a problem, and more players will eventually reach that level of play.

I agree with the argument that Tassadar and Hanzo are turds at most levels of play and that most players would be better off if these characters were given the genji treatment. I don't have sympathy for the argument that Tassadar and Hanzo should be buffed until they're broken if played optimally so that worse players don't have to be very good to win with the broken heroes.

What's the genji treatment?

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.
I bought Murky and I've been enjoying terrorising QM with him but the downside is you can have an amazing game and still lose because your team can't/won't capitalise on your macro play.
E.g. last game, I'd taken down two keeps whilst team was fighting over tribute in Cursed Hollow (and they won the fights because of the XP lead we had) but our Fenix then fed and our healer also died (because he stopped running away to type in chat to flame the Fenix :v:). I feel like if I'd been Nazeebo there I'd have done a similar XP job but could have carried the team to victory.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

million dollar mack posted:

I bought Murky and I've been enjoying terrorising QM with him but the downside is you can have an amazing game and still lose because your team can't/won't capitalise on your macro play.
E.g. last game, I'd taken down two keeps whilst team was fighting over tribute in Cursed Hollow (and they won the fights because of the XP lead we had) but our Fenix then fed and our healer also died (because he stopped running away to type in chat to flame the Fenix :v:). I feel like if I'd been Nazeebo there I'd have done a similar XP job but could have carried the team to victory.

Had a Murky game recently where our Diablo died FIFTEEN TIMES.

You can do a lot of work, especially XP wise as Murky but there's only so much you can do when someone just keeps dying, undoing all your work.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I've had the pleasure of playing against an absolute ton of REALLY BAD DIABLOS recently. Like run up to a group of people and autoattack level bad.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
I've been having two super nice Vikings matches recently where my team was a blast to work with, they drafted around my prepick, coordinated, and worked together on a good win. Gave me compliments afterwards and everything. :3: The kinda feelgood experiences you wanna pin on the fridge. I really do cherish those kinda awesome games when they happen, especially since I get to play Vikings so rarely to begin with. One of the cool games even had another Vikings main in it - Feels like meeting a cryptid of some kind. Us weirdo mains gotta stick together.

But alas, fate decided to balance it out today by giving me the worst bunch of dickheads I've had the misfortune of playing Vikings with in a long time. One of them made a dumb joke about me in draft, but then went "jk lol play what you want" and I'm an idiot and let it slide. We had a strong comp, no real bad counters on the enemy team - All looked like a solid match, at least a good fight if nothing else.

But yeah no of course not - The pubbies proceeded to lose every single drat team fight, Deckard kept whining that Garrosh counters him so bad and it makes sense that he died 8 times, and the moment I lost lane to Junkrat just blasting our buildings from afar and nobody listening to my pings for help, they start reaming me hard. People make dumb accusations in this game all the time, but these people got proper nasty and even made my patient rear end angry.

"Vikings clearly trolling"
"gg, Vikings suck"
"Why do you even pick Vikings if you are bad"
"Vikings belong in VS AI"
"Play Nazeebo, noob"
and variations just, over and over, every time they ran into a team fight unprepared and further cemented our XP deficencies. There is only so much magic I can do when you suck. so. loving. BAD.

I know this might be childish but I felt properly cheated. I even said in Draft that I can play something else. Nobody said I should, I was reassured I'd be fine. If people even remotely whine at me when I say I can play something else, I loving switch to something else even if the map and comp is prime Viking material. I'm not a dumb one tricker who gets mad about not playing that ONE character they love. But you don't get to basically lure me into playing the already niche as gently caress fave I have only to blast my rear end for it the entire match.

Thanks for listening, people suck, what else is new.

I also gotta agree that Nazeebo (who I'm finally starting to click with, nice) makes it kinda feel like in your average pubbie comp, he's THE choice for an XP farmer. Getting value out of him is stupid easy on most maps and if the enemy team doesn't keep you in tight check, you just ramp up something fierce. I feel a little bit stupid for enjoying characters like Vikings and Murky so much when in most situations, someone like Naz brings the XP plus the damage for little effort.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Vikings are my highest level hero, and their design is just so outdated at this point. They're still a viable niche pick on certain maps, but they're also a "draft last" hero since so many others can take advantage of easy takedowns. Throw in how they force your team to play differently, and how much the average player hates to think about poo poo, and well...

Maybe in 2019 we'll get a rework. Like, an actual rework and not the half-rear end poo poo they did last time. They at least have to be somewhat good on two-lane maps, because otherwise it makes Quick Match absolute death.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Macaluso posted:

You can do a lot of work, especially XP wise as Murky but there's only so much you can do when someone just keeps dying, undoing all your work.

Same with abathur, like yeah I can shield you but that just means they'll take a second longer to kill you when you dive in 1v3

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

after a fairly disappointing run I capped off tonight with three wins in a row, which feels good. Two as li li and one as Lucio— I can feel the Support Main sign branding itself into my forehead. In my defense, boops are a lot of fun.

Last game of the night we had genji, tracer, dehaka, tyrael, and li li. Weird comp but it worked— Tyr took Judgment and we just absolutely deleted anyone who was even slightly out of position, then won the 5v4.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Pants Donkey posted:

Maybe in 2019 we'll get a rework. Like, an actual rework and not the half-rear end poo poo they did last time. They at least have to be somewhat good on two-lane maps, because otherwise it makes Quick Match absolute death.
They did say they want to rework them so they have a viable role outside of triple soaking.

It's going to be tough as long as they take triple damage from aoe attacks though.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Vikings needs a mode that turns them into a Megazord.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

lucifirius posted:

Vikings needs a mode that turns them into a Megazord.

This is basically the longboat except it's not as good as it used to be.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

my favorite part of the Vikings is when the qm queue pops and someone quits as soon as they see you're playing them so you have to requeue

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
Gul'dan is ez mode.

https://i.imgur.com/hseM8zu.jpg

Lawdog69
Nov 2, 2010
Vikings in QM are so bad, they’re just so weak on two lane maps. Getting Vikings on Braxis, HM or BoE always feels terrible. There’re two Vikings mains that show up occasionally in my QM games and they’re strong players but the team with them almost inevitably loses if it’s a two lane map.

Paranoid Peanut
Nov 13, 2009

Vikings trait should be that they get 33% armor when they're apart, and +10% damage when they're together or something. Right now they feel incomplete.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Lawdog69 posted:

Vikings in QM are so bad, they’re just so weak on two lane maps. Getting Vikings on Braxis, HM or BoE always feels terrible. There’re two Vikings mains that show up occasionally in my QM games and they’re strong players but the team with them almost inevitably loses if it’s a two lane map.

I don't play QM as is, and I don't play Vikings at all in QM. I just feel too guilty and stupid whenever the game tosses a two lane map at my team.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
Replace Vikings with Zergling Swarm.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn

I got super excited that I might get an event skin. This is good though, for a normal chest.

At least I'll have 10k gold before shark mount goes away. I need that for murky so loving bad. I don't know if I'll hit 2400 triangles before the end of the month though...

WITCHCRAFT fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jun 1, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Content announcement on Monday

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1002601251819798528