Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If I had Helena I would definitely do something really dumb with like Amakusa/Helena/Hans, throw some 2030s on them, pop all of their star generating skills and Hans' crit skill and of course Helena's card-boosting skill, and at least for a few turns have some fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Glad to see my JP account is somehow sucking up all my NA luck still

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Said what the heck to myself and did another two ten rolls on the MHX banner. No MHX, but I got myself to np5 Bedivere, np3 Saberlot, and my first Gawain. Excepting Mordred, I've got a full knights squad now.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Seems like the MHX banner is really good for maxing out Bedivere if you haven't done it yet.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Used 120 quartz, got gently caress all. Bought the ~60 quartz deal and did a ten roll. Game crashed. Log back on and I've got both Rama and Nightingale. wut.

Last 30 quartz finally got me Billy. Wanted Helena, but I can wait for that.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Pureauthor posted:

Seems like the MHX banner is really good for maxing out Bedivere if you haven't done it yet.

Servant-wise, it's literally nothing but the permanent/story-locked Sabers and MHX, so you have a one in four chance of Bedivere for every 3* servant you pull from it.

taser rates fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 15, 2018

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
If you're gonna buy quartz you honestly might as well just buy the 140 pack. it's best value for your money.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Pureauthor posted:

If you're gonna buy quartz you honestly might as well just buy the 140 pack. it's best value for your money.

Just had enough still from Christmas, and didn't feel like making a trip for Google Play cards.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Outside of Waver she's the best generic/general offensive support Caster in the game for a while, and is the sole reason I am vaguely tempted to roll on this banner.

Oh nice. Got her off a ticket so that's not too shabby. Got gently caress all on my 10 pull though.

thark
Mar 3, 2008

bork
OK, just got to Edison's introduction. I don't even care if he's any good, he's just too delightful not to badly desire.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

120 quartz, got every rate-up except for Billy. Desire sensor is still working since Billy was the one I most wanted.

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

Whoever makes those King Hassan gramps comics needs to get some royalties because I'm gonna be buying so much quartz when he hits NA.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That reminds me, was the person with shadowy portrait in Mordred's interlude supposed to be anyone in particular? They say it's just a forgotten king and had you fight Caligula but the portrait looked pretty detailed.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

If I remember it correctly from what I saw, I think the portrait they used was just the guy in a cloak they've used for some shadow servants a couple times? A bit weird that they used that one and did the shadow effect on it, but I think that's what it was.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
Quite pleased that they finally fixed the bug on the iPhone X where the home bar at the bottom of the screen overlapped with the Servant names during battle.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The Presi-King is dumb and I hate them.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
I wanted a Helena but I got nothing except a NP5 Billy in 3 (4? I don't remember) pulls.

Billy is honestly pretty good so I'm ok with it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Shinjobi posted:

The Presi-King is dumb and I hate them.

I like that they talk poo poo about him and make it clear he mostly took other people's designs and just modified them :v:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Alard posted:

If I remember it correctly from what I saw, I think the portrait they used was just the guy in a cloak they've used for some shadow servants a couple times? A bit weird that they used that one and did the shadow effect on it, but I think that's what it was.
That's probably what it was and I didn't notice with it blacked out. Thanks!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Dammit, I'm gonna have to level Geronimo just because of his personality. He really deserves to have his skills strengthened.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Used three tickets got Billy and Orion :toot:

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I'm irritated that Jalter comes in a few weeks because I really love every servant from this singularity and not being able to roll for them is suffering. rama is cute, are they any good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

All of the gold servants are decent at worst. Rama is currently the second strongest single target Saber available as the only ST buster one and massive crit skill.

I assume we'll get weirdo NA-only singularity banners again, because Np1 Billy is not good.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

I'm irritated that Jalter comes in a few weeks because I really love every servant from this singularity and not being able to roll for them is suffering. rama is cute, are they any good

Rama is very good, and very cute, yes. He's not quite as high up there as Munenori or Saberlot as far as four star sabers go, but he's just below them.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Assuming the last few days of the America banner overlap with Da Vinci like they did in JP, I think I will hold off until after the Jaltering to see where I stand and whether I am willing to throw some quartz after Helena.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
As expected, in the end, I could not resist rolling for MHX. I blame the new animations (the extra attack especially is sweet as hell). ~78ish quartz later, and 7 tickets, all I have to show for it is a couple of Land of Shadow Crimson Lotus's, i.e. arguably the worst 5* CE in the game (up there with 500 Years' Dedication). It appears my gathering of Saberfaces has scared her away, but I can always hope for her to show in a New Years limited gacha, right?

Blegh. Saber Wars banners ARE cursed. Thank goodness that, even if I don't have a job, I do have a monthly allowance. Should be able to scrape together, I dunno, maybe 300 quartz if I'm lucky by mid-July and the Summer 2017 re-run. I mean, I guess I can't complain that much. I've gotten Drake, Lanctoria, and MHXA all since the start of the year (Lucky Bag was Orion, unfortunately, but he doesn't count for my luck purposes). My JP luck continues to be much, much better than my NA luck.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Tae posted:

Rama is currently the second strongest single target Saber available

Are you dissing Okita here, or Bride? Or do you not count limited servants as available, and this is actually just a subtle dunk on Rama himself?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

NRVNQSR posted:

Are you dissing Okita here, or Bride? Or do you not count limited servants as available, and this is actually just a subtle dunk on Rama himself?

The numbers are slightly in Rama's favor because he can Buster Brave chain to Bride's arts deck, and he has a mana-burst like turn with his 1st skill (100% crti damage is a lot).

Okita is still better because she has Quick mana-burst and a Def-lowering NP.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tae posted:

The numbers are slightly in Rama's favor because he can Buster Brave chain to Bride's arts deck, and he has a mana-burst like turn with his 1st skill (100% crti damage is a lot).

Okita is still better because she has Quick mana-burst and a Def-lowering NP.

It's more like Bride>Rama>Okita IMO

Sure Okita does good damage, but she doesn't have Leonidas to guarantee her a burst turn by pooping out 25 stars on tap and give her an extra Card Up, and Rama's own damage boosts exceed hers before factoring in Mumyou Sandanzuki's 30% def down, and still match them with it taken into account. Bride at least has the excuse that she does something very different from Rama and her heal and defense up help in ways his ability to do big damage doesn't. Okita doesn't really have that luxury.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I specifically said strongest and not best because Best is how supports overtake most servants (Merlin, Waver). The act of dealing hundreds of thousands of damage in a turn is a more simple thing.

For reference, the next best Saber that's better than Rama is probably Lancelot Saber upcoming because he has instant crit stars and a 3-turn crit gather sustain. And then a long while until Musashi who's currently on top.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tae posted:

I specifically said strongest and not best because Best is how supports overtake most servants (Merlin, Waver). The act of dealing hundreds of thousands of damage in a turn is a more simple thing.

For reference, the next best Saber that's better than Rama is probably Lancelot Saber upcoming because he has instant crit stars and a 3-turn crit gather sustain. And then a long while until Musashi who's currently on top.

And Munenori, who's arguably the Actual Best Saber just because he does a super unique thing literally no other servant can replicate, which is reduce any enemy NP to chip damage by his lonesome without buffing the party. About the Arts/Quick/Burst saber trio though, I feel like it's important to evaluate how good a servant becomes with basic assistance. Not everybody is gonna have a Waver or Merlin, but it can be pretty much guaranteed that every player who plays for a while will have a maxed out Hans or Leonidas - and these Servants play much better with Rama than Okita. He's much easier to build around than her overall.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Nate RFB posted:

Assuming the last few days of the America banner overlap with Da Vinci like they did in JP, I think I will hold off until after the Jaltering to see where I stand and whether I am willing to throw some quartz after Helena.

Yeah, same here. I don't quite like any of the servants in this banner enough to roll when I know Jalter is coming soon, but if the damage somehow isn't too bad after that and this banner is still around, I'll do a few rolls in case Helena or Nightingale decide to show up.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Transient People posted:

And Munenori, who's arguably the Actual Best Saber just because he does a super unique thing literally no other servant can replicate, which is reduce any enemy NP to chip damage by his lonesome without buffing the party.

Technically post-upgrade Nightingale can also do this, though of course she's 5* rather than 4*.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Is Munemori a hot single dad tho????

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Gologle posted:

Is Munemori a hot single dad tho????

No, you're thinking of Artoria.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Transient People posted:

It's more like Bride>Rama>Okita IMO

Sure Okita does good damage, but she doesn't have Leonidas to guarantee her a burst turn by pooping out 25 stars on tap and give her an extra Card Up, and Rama's own damage boosts exceed hers before factoring in Mumyou Sandanzuki's 30% def down, and still match them with it taken into account. Bride at least has the excuse that she does something very different from Rama and her heal and defense up help in ways his ability to do big damage doesn't. Okita doesn't really have that luxury.
Why Leonidas, specifically? Just because his NP is seen as an easy 25 stars? I feel like you could come up with that many for Okita without too much trouble.

Generally I just use Okita for NP spamming rather than criting though.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Why the gently caress is Nightingale T-posing?

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Nate RFB posted:

Why Leonidas, specifically? Just because his NP is seen as an easy 25 stars?

Because he gives 25 stars and a 25% Buster buff without diluting the Buster card pool, I think.

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 15, 2018

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

W.T. Fits posted:

First 10 roll - Geronimo, new 3* and 4* CEs.

Second 10 roll - Billy the Kid and a gold Saber... that ended up being d'Eon. Who is now NP 5.

Third 10 roll - "Oh hey, sparkles on this one, that means a rare Servant... rainbow sparkles, that means a 5*, rig- wait, that's not the Berserker card back... that's the Ruler card back... and Amakusa isn't available at the moment which means..."

https://twitter.com/WT_Fits/status/974253509540540416?s=19

VIVE LA FRANCE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I really should level up more of my bronzes, in general.