Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

have they said if the seasonal artifact will even be attainable immediately/the quest won't be above the power floor? when I reinstalled in season of the splicer I had to get a bunch of number to do the artifact quest because it was 100 or something above the floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

have they said if the seasonal artifact will even be attainable immediately/the quest won't be above the power floor? when I reinstalled in season of the splicer I had to get a bunch of number to do the artifact quest because it was 100 or something above the floor

Unknown! I do personally have a theory that we won't get our artifacts until after campaign completion, given the odd lack of Champions in the legendary campaign, and because it would reduce the benefit of stockpiling bounties, which seems like something Bungie would like to do.

However, it has been proven that your artifact will see all XP you've gained this season and benefit from it, retroactively. There seems to be a single background number tracked in game where it knows how much total XP you've gained this season, and it uses that to tell you what your Season Track, Artifact Mod, and Artifact Power are.

Ultimately we don't know how much of our efforts will pay off and to what extent, but there's zero downside and it's something to fun to do while we wait for WQ to come out!

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Unknown! I do personally have a theory that we won't get our artifacts until after campaign completion, given the odd lack of Champions in the legendary campaign, and because it would reduce the benefit of stockpiling bounties, which seems like something Bungie would like to do.

this would lock the artifact behind owning the expansion, so they can't do this. my expectation is the artifact quest simply needing more power than we're starting with

I do remember my exp applying to the splicer artifact retroactively so it shouldn't be wasted yeah, I'm just skeptical that getting bounty exp is actually going to help if you wanted to do the legendary campaign immediately

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

this would lock the artifact behind owning the expansion, so they can't do this. my expectation is the artifact quest simply needing more power than we're starting with

I do remember my exp applying to the splicer artifact retroactively so it shouldn't be wasted yeah, I'm just skeptical that getting bounty exp is actually going to help if you wanted to do the legendary campaign immediately

Oh jeez yeah, good point, it can't be tied to campaign completion.

The artifact is usually the source of our most powerful abilities each season, though. Things like Particle D, Oppressive Darkness, hell even Passive Guard or cheap Ammo Finders are going to make it a walk in the park!

Requiring 1500 power to grab the artifact would make a lot of sense, and has me even more enthusiastic about stockpiling Paraversal Hauls so I can hit 1500 upon logging in :hellyeah:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Elerion posted:

If they made stuff like Ascendant Shards unlimited, they need to completely change how you get them, or they might as well just remove them. You can't make a currency meaningful for progression if one part of the playerbase has several hundreds saved up from a period when you could farm 15 per hour, while new/returning players can get a handful in a couple weeks of early season grinding.

The realistic alternative to inventory caps is to have a new Ascendanter Shard and Upgradier Module for WQ, with none of the old stuff working.

It doesn't matter, the only people having problems storing ascendant shards are the ones that run GM's constantly and have an endless supply anyways. Everyone else gets their season track golf balls and that's basically it until the next season unless they get a bug up their butt and buy a couple from the gunsmith. There is already a colossal gap between casual players and poopsockers, trying to slow people down on new seasons by restricting stack size is putting the cart before the horse. Might as well make everyone happy by uncapping stack sizes for everything.

But if all you're saying is that progression in the game needs massively overhauled then sure, we're on the same page. It's one of a dozen systems in the game that need blown up and rewritten from scratch.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Man, my Witch Queen Preparations are severely lacking in one key regard

That's a good point actually. Probably best leave 2 or 3 slots free for the campaign, the seasonal quest, and the seasonal doohickey (lure, glove, hammer etc)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bobby Deluxe posted:

That's a good point actually. Probably best leave 2 or 3 slots free for the campaign, the seasonal quest, and the seasonal doohickey (lure, glove, hammer etc)

Yeah!! I still need to delete my splicer gauntlet, cryptolith, and hammer of proving, to make sure I'm at 60/63 quests at the very most.

Almost every season there is a bug where people are locked out of progressing the story because they were at 63/63 and couldn't pick up the MacGuffin Of Continuity

What's everybody running for Day 1 Legendary Campaign?

I'm thinking Banner Shield with Heart of Inmost Light, Shield Toss, and Vortex Succ Grenades

Controlled Demolition and Bastion Aspects seem like a good pairing, too.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The artifact is usually the source of our most powerful abilities each season, though. Things like Particle D, Oppressive Darkness, hell even Passive Guard or cheap Ammo Finders are going to make it a walk in the park!

Not anymore, no more weapon damage mods from the artifact as of WQ. Weapon DPS mods have gone the way of the dodo, Bungie says they were just corralling everyone into using the same guns as each other every season. I thought that was the intention but apparently not.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
Gravytron Lance and Forfeit on the hunter, void/thresh Nezarec’s Bullshit on the warlock, my usual HoS14 build on the titan with void energy and heavy to be determined later.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yeah!! I still need to delete my splicer gauntlet, cryptolith, and hammer of proving, to make sure I'm at 60/63 quests at the very most.

Almost every season there is a bug where people are locked out of progressing the story because they were at 63/63 and couldn't pick up the MacGuffin Of Continuity

I'm thinking Banner Shield with Heart of Inmost Light, Shield Toss, and Vortex Succ Grenades

I don't know if I'll bother with doing the legendary campaign it might not be a bad idea but if its just punishing and tedious I'd rather just run through the campaign on normal. Maybe I'll start on legendary and see how tedious it actually is. I don't mind difficult content but if the difficulty is just harder to kill enemies meaning I need to peek shoot a bow for 4 hours instead of diving through it all in an hour or two using whatever I want...

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm going to equip a bunch of guns and go pew pew

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Not anymore, no more weapon damage mods from the artifact as of WQ. Weapon DPS mods have gone the way of the dodo, Bungie says they were just corralling everyone into using the same guns as each other every season. I thought that was the intention but apparently not.

I didn't mean we'll specifically use Particle Deconstruction next season. But yes, we most certainly will still be getting artifact mods that enhance our weapons and abilities. For example, from 1/13's TWAB,

"We’ll also be highlighting the new Glaive weapon archetype coming in The Witch Queen through a variety of Artifact mods (including an option to make your Glaive the solution to Unstoppable Champions) and have a few new Artifact mods that will enhance some of the new weapon perks. "

In a more recent interview they gave the example of an artifact mod that made void weapons with certain Origin or Foundry Traits gain special abilities.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The entire artifact grid is gonna be nothing but glaive stuff, each row will name them "please" "use" "glaives" "now" "guardian".

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I’m gonna shoot the mans

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
BTW if anyone is still working on their Vidmaster title, just a heads up that Legend DoE will probably be boosted to 1550 since it uses the true "Legend" system the way Nightfalls/Empire Hunts etc do, rather than the pseudo Legend used by 'normal' VoG or Grasp

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Will the dungeon with the 30th anniversary bundle still be relevant in Witch Queen?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Synthoceps, one-two punch shotgun, middle tree hammer Titan

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Republicans posted:

Will the dungeon with the 30th anniversary bundle still be relevant in Witch Queen?

That's sort of an unknown at this point. It's possible that a Year 5 Eyasluna or BXR-55 will have a new origin/foundry perk.

Artificer Armor from Master Grasp is likely to be incredibly useful, and it's unknown if there will be any new sources of it next season and/or if Master Grasp will be a 1590 activity

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

Synthoceps, one-two punch shotgun, middle tree hammer Titan

Beautiful. Did you see the Tweets about how they might need to lock out some or multiple parts of this combo for the Raid Release if they can't nerf the combo damage a bit?

Elerion
May 31, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Revenant w/ Ager's to start.

As soon as I can get Volatile Rounds (void weapons hits cause volatile - source unknown, but probably artifact) I'll go Nightstalker w Omnioculus/Graviton and Ruinous Effigy:
Ruinous Effigy balls were confirmed by devs to count as void weapon damage and proc Volatile Rounds in the Destiny Community Podcast.
Ruinous Effigy ball block/drain doesn't break invisibility and gives 80% damage resist.
The new Flawless Execution makes you invis whenever you kill a void debuffed target.

So the loop is:
- Smoke dive and kill a target with Ruinous, it becomes a ball and you go invis.
- Pick up ball and kill everything around you with the drain. You have 80%+ damage resist (94% with Omnioculus and chest mods) and are permanently invis while this happens.
- When ball ammo runs out after ~15-20 seconds, repeat from the top.
- Since you only use weapon ammo once every 15-20 seconds, you can run double special to melt anything beefy.

It seems really stupid for soloing and I'm there for it.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Elerion posted:

Revenant w/ Ager's to start.

As soon as I can get Volatile Rounds (void weapons hits cause volatile - source unknown, but probably artifact) I'll go Nightstalker w Omnioculus/Graviton and Ruinous Effigy:
Ruinous Effigy balls were confirmed by devs to count as void weapon damage and proc Volatile Rounds in the Destiny Community Podcast.
Ruinous Effigy ball block/drain doesn't break invisibility and gives 80% damage resist.
The new Flawless Execution makes you invis whenever you kill a void debuffed target.

So the loop is:
- Smoke dive and kill a target with Ruinous, it becomes a ball and you go invis.
- Pick up ball and kill everything around you with the drain. You have 80%+ damage resist (94% with Omnioculus and chest mods) and are permanently invis while this happens.
- When ball ammo runs out after ~15-20 seconds, repeat from the top.
- Since you only use weapon ammo once every 15-20 seconds, you can run double special to melt anything beefy.

It seems really stupid for soloing and I'm there for it.

That is insane.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Titan exotics are kind of average so probably just throw on mask of the quiet one and run around with a thresh/heating up chromarush / null composure and a gjallahorn if I end up doing legendary I might throw on Citans.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

PERMACAV 50 posted:

Last chance to cash out

[snip]

Retraction: Per the Senior Game Designer, Rahool will gladly eat your moldy old Etheric Spirals.

https://twitter.com/JoshKulinski/status/1495554136862965760?s=20&t=upSpuuh5NCvc14EPrQ-acw

Did they forget about their promise to yoink ESs from all our inventories on Tuesday? We'll see!

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Beautiful. Did you see the Tweets about how they might need to lock out some or multiple parts of this combo for the Raid Release if they can't nerf the combo damage a bit?

I mean I get it; the numbers you put up are just silly and with all the QoL buffs throwing hammer titans have been getting it’s just been more consistent and easy to pull off. It won’t be quite as silly without thermoclastic blooming but I think it’s still gonna put in work.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

after spending probably more than half of my total time in the game using way of the pathfinder, the deletion of heart of the pack is probably just going to make me drop hunter entirely. it's the only hunter spec I enjoy for pve and they seem to be deleting several of its features that make it unique and fun to use, so unless they add something similarly compelling that they haven't announced then I don't see the appeal other than invisibility cheese which it can already do. I remember reading on one of their early posts about void 3.0 that they were being careful to preserve what the void classes can currently do but that isn't looking to be true at all.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

after spending probably more than half of my total time in the game using way of the pathfinder, the deletion of heart of the pack is probably just going to make me drop hunter entirely. it's the only hunter spec I enjoy for pve and they seem to be deleting several of its features that make it unique and fun to use, so unless they add something similarly compelling that they haven't announced then I don't see the appeal other than invisibility cheese which it can already do. I remember reading on one of their early posts about void 3.0 that they were being careful to preserve what the void classes can currently do but that isn't looking to be true at all.

I'm not as familiar with Hunters so I had to look it up.

Heart of the Pack means when you smoke bomb yourself, you & your allies gain +3 tiers of Mobility, Resilience & Recovery, as well as faster reload and handling, for 20 seconds? Does it do something else I'm missing?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

heart of the pack does all of those things and the spec also gives grenade energy for every player you smoke bomb, enough that it can instantly recharge your grenade from empty with enough players. pathfinder makes those grenades have double duration so a vortex grenade on a stationary enemy is legitimately very powerful, and the spec also makes damage from grenades recharge smoke bomb so there's a good flow with alternating the two as they recharge each other. heart of the pack is a great buff in all content and the grenade energy gives you a selfish reason to care about buffing teammates, which means hunters can actually do cool support stuff in spite of the stereotypes (until two days from now)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

heart of the pack does all of those things and the spec also gives grenade energy for every player you smoke bomb, enough that it can instantly recharge your grenade from empty with enough players. pathfinder makes those grenades have double duration so a vortex grenade on a stationary enemy is legitimately very powerful, and the spec also makes damage from grenades recharge smoke bomb so there's a good flow with alternating the two as they recharge each other. heart of the pack is a great buff in all content and the grenade energy gives you a selfish reason to care about buffing teammates, which means hunters can actually do cool support stuff in spite of the stereotypes (until two days from now)

Interesting! It sounds you'll be able to rebuild current Bottom Tree Tether with the right combination of aspects and Fragments, except for the part where Smoking allies gives Grenade energy

Overall I can see the pain points of some of the Pathfinder kit getting taken away, but man, it sure does seem like it'll be MORE powerful next season (but that doesn't alleviate it being a less fun playstyle for you :smith:)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Finally claimed all 643 engrams from Shaxx! :woop:

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Are any of the Legacy Gear weapons worth purchasing from Monument to Lost Lights?

Elerion
May 31, 2011

Tensokuu posted:

Are any of the Legacy Gear weapons worth purchasing from Monument to Lost Lights?

Felwinters Lie has been the best legendary PvP shotgun in the game for an eternity but gets nerfed every patch, including tomorrows patch. It’s already been dropped by a lot of people and tomorrows patch specifically targets its main strength, so I would probably give it a pass for now.

Point of the Stag is a very good arc bow if you don’t have one you like, but nothing unique.

Everything else is sunset or meh.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Seriously though whose dipshit-rear end idea was it at Bungie to allow any member of a fireteam to skip a cutscene for all of them

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
I've got 6 or 7 Dead Man's Tale rifles in my vault and I haven't bothered playing with the gun, are there any perk rolls I can just flat out delete? Not sure what works best with this gun.

Also what are people using for perks on the Battler? I keep getting obliterated in crucible and keep forgetting to look at the player to see what they're running.

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!
I kept rolls with vorpal for DMT and ditched the rest.

For battler, I had a better gridskipper and like the gun way more so I never used it. I also never got a good one.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

The main drawback of DMT is the glacially slow reload, so I like Outlaw, Subsistence or Fourth Time's The Charm, depending on how you use it. But I keep a Vorpal roll as well.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Vorpal and subsistence rolls are what you should keep if you have them. If you have neither Fourth times and outlaw. If you like PVP moving target is great.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

fast cars loose anus posted:

Seriously though whose dipshit-rear end idea was it at Bungie to allow any member of a fireteam to skip a cutscene for all of them

The biggest stupid idea of the whole situation is them only making the mission available for less than a week for absolutely no good reason whatsoever, so they gave themselves no time to fix it. If you weren't there for the first hour, tough poo poo you have to watch it on youtube now, cos every run has at least 1 person who skips it.

Elerion
May 31, 2011
It's Witch Queen launch day
When launching the game, you get matched into a 6-man assault on the Throne World
Kill 100 hive
Cut scene starts, gets skipped
You're in the Tower, Zavala lies dead on the floor

Horsebanger
Jun 25, 2009

Steering wheel! Hey! Steering wheel! Someone tell him to give it to me!

Elerion posted:

It's Witch Queen launch day
When launching the game, you get matched into a 6-man assault on the Throne World
Kill 100 hive
Cut scene starts, gets skipped
You're in the Tower, Zavala lies dead on the floor

I mean, this still puts it over curse of osiris as an expac tbh

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

That wasnt really an expansion, more of a season

I try not to remember year 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames