Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corey Plumper
Nov 22, 2008

He mad

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

You know, I feel like taking a couple of days to myself and boot up RPG Maker. I really think I can make a game that parodies this drama that will be far better than depression quest.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Imagine being so pathetic that you would spend hours melting down in defense of some lady just because your friend had sex with her a couple of times. Not you. Your friend.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
fhil fish is a loving moron. Video games is TWO words, idiot

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

wait what if it's a double false flag and he really is a victim, twice!

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

lol drat he has to go to such lengths before admitting he couldn't make another game half as decent as that okay platformer

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Well I think this reddit comment sums up why Phil's full of poo poo best

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/2e9cyn/phil_fish_deletes_twitter_account_after_polytron/cjxbjmc

quote:

This isn't written in /v/ style at all. Here's why:

They don't even sign their hacking attacks.
Post refers to writer as I.
Leader of 4chan and anonymus. Head mod at /V/. No, just no....
Creedo of anonymus is wrong.

Social Security number never gets added to doxxings from 4chan. As odd as they may be, they have standards.

Where exactly do things like the Polytron company info come from? That's not something you could obtain by hacking their page!

Nonono, this smells really fishy (no pun intented). I urge people to think twice before blaming "evil 4chan" for those recent doxxings , especially because of aforementioned inconsistencies. Weird how certain developers running out of excuses suddenly get hacked isn't it? Anybody can claim to get hacked by anonymus.

EDIT:

Could even be Phil himself. Now, I'm not going as far as claiming that yet, but there are other very supsicous things surrounding this hack.
Please note that I'm not supporting Phil's info getting displayed publically though! (It is important to add these days because otherwise you get a lot of strawmen stuck to a comment)

So here's why we can even consider Phil himself behind this:

The wealth of information, goes beyond a few hacking sites, possibly even accessing personal data from Phil that isn't stored online. UPDATE: There is absolutely zero reason for all this information to have been on the Polytron website server. The Polytron website is nothing more than a company website showcasing Fish’s works. Why would it contain personal information on Fish and actual Fez game files? Even if the Polytron server was being used to host the Fez game files (a huge security flaw), there’s still no reason for Fish’s personal info to be located on the server or anywhere else.

Related to Zoe Quinn whos doxxing was proven to be fake already. Source

With Polytron being a dead weight, with Phils rep destroyed by himself already, there is not much left he could lose from polytron being compromised. With enough precoutious measures taken, he can walk away from this with less damage than one would think.

Based on his previous aggressive-impulsive behavior a self doxx cannot be safely excluded from a psychological standpoint either.

How come he still got access to his twitter account eventhough it was hacked? UPDATE: Out of all things, his twitter apparently magicaly never got hacked. Whi would tweet about beign hacked as their first action after being doxxed instead of being busy gettingt eh information taken down?

Polytron is hosted by on cloudfare. Apparently you cannot change things to this degree unless you are the owner of the page. I'll try to dig deeper here and update if I find more solid proof.

1.5 GB being compiled and put online at the same time as the site being hacked is next to impossible. Who would upload the data back to the same hacked webserver as well and give the owner the power to delete it again quickly?

Again this is no attempt at trolling or victim blaming. It's just pointing out inconsitencies and thing that might have not been noticed by the public eye so far. Just to be warned, "nobody would do that to themselves" is not a valid argument against any of these points.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

a Fish out of water

WilltheMagicAsian
Dec 11, 2011

Phil seems like the kind of guy to archive his home dir and upload it to the root directory of his web server :laffo:

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Are these people all legit mentally ill?

Rad Tad
Jul 2, 2014

only way it'd be better is if someone bought his lovely engine and made a good game with it

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry
Ok so this Phil Fish guy... he made Fez... and then what? Why is he relevant? He just made a single successful platformer game. I mean cool for him, it's not something easy to achieve, but making a single small game doesn't make you the next Sid Meier.

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.
laf its like a video games bold & the beautiful

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Pochoclo posted:

Ok so this Phil Fish guy... he made Fez... and then what? Why is he relevant? He just made a single successful platformer game.

new media~~

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

Ok so this Phil Fish guy... he made Fez... and then what? Why is he relevant? He just made a single successful platformer game.

Lifehack: become famous by shitposting on twitter a lot

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Are these people all legit mentally ill?

Evil and sociopathic yes. Mentally ill... maybe

Look behind the crazy poo poo happening, there are sane and rational reasons for Zoe and Fish to do the poo poo they're doing. Thanks to this drama, Zoe's Paetron monthly Paetron donations have gone from $1000.00 a month to a total of $2326.00 a month and growing.

On Fish's end, his indie companies were in serious problems. Fez 2 looked pretty dead and Fish had nothing else coming up on the horizon that would keep his company afloat or cover the bills. At minimum this allows him to exit the game dev scene as some kind of morale stand as opposed to being a failure. Plus, with all the free publicity this is generating, he's greatly increased the odds someone might actually buy his company and he'll recoup a bunch of costs.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

cthulhoo posted:

Lifehack: become famous by shitposting on twitter a lot

I will relay this strategy to our community managers ASAP. Who needs an advertising budget when you can shitpost all day everyday

cthulhoo
Jun 18, 2012

Pochoclo posted:

I will relay this strategy to our community managers ASAP. Who needs an advertising budget when you can shitpost all day everyday

Don't forget to tell them all about positive effects of public cucking.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Lichy posted:

totalbiscuit is apparently a guy who makes youtube videos about video games for a living

apparently there is a female video game journalist who has been accused by the above mentioned individual of sleeping with games industry journalists(aka nerds no one cares about) so now apparently one of them is a moderator of this thread and deleted all the comments cause he slept with this woman

tldr: reddit found another woman to hate

games industry :airquote: journalists :airquote: :roflolmao:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shadoer posted:

Evil and sociopathic yes. Mentally ill... maybe

Look behind the crazy poo poo happening, there are sane and rational reasons for Zoe and Fish to do the poo poo they're doing. Thanks to this drama, Zoe's Paetron monthly Paetron donations have gone from $1000.00 a month to a total of $2326.00 a month and growing.

On Fish's end, his indie companies were in serious problems. Fez 2 looked pretty dead and Fish had nothing else coming up on the horizon that would keep his company afloat or cover the bills. At minimum this allows him to exit the game dev scene as some kind of morale stand as opposed to being a failure. Plus, with all the free publicity this is generating, he's greatly increased the odds someone might actually buy his company and he'll recoup a bunch of costs.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Joust posted:

This is a good turn of events because nobody should be making videogames.

Your name valid for this quote

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Kotaku Kasting Kouch

psyman
Nov 1, 2008
Doing a search for Phil Fish on twitter just now turned up this image at the top, which suggests that he has faked his own hacking:

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

idk, maybe all of those files were actually hidden in the Fez code

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Imagine working for a man who releases sensitive material about you to the public to defend the honor of some Suicide Girl model.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thought I'd do my part to support the cause, so I've responded to a few rude tweets with "wow not cool"

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
mod of /V/. leader of 4chan and anonymous. :what:

ew.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
What turned these people into such dickless turdpushers

COBRARocky
Jul 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpsbj0OoeNo

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Need to ask Phil Fish what it's like to have borderline personality.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
I don't keep up with game poo poo but I saw Indie Game the movie and a lot of these people came off like narcissists. The only people that came off normal were the Super Meat Boy guys.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

this whole things makes me lmao

all these assholes are waxing lyrical about the death of gaming "journalism" when it's just the bullshit indie tabloids of pseudo-news that got a little bit of poo poo on their face for being tangentially related to some pathetic hipster slap-fight

and everyone involved is acting like their stupid drama whoring spat actually means anything to anyone who isn't a waste of life

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

coleman francis posted:

What turned these people into such dickless turdpushers

Ever meet that kid in school whom would tell you about how unfair the world was to him/her, how poor they were, and how their parents constantly abused them? They'd then leverage their lovely life in order to borrow an increasing amount of money and stuff from you while using it as an excuse for why they're late or couldn't make your birthday and stuff. Then it would turn out that life was actually pretty good to them, their family was well off and they were getting a pretty awesome allowance, and their parents were spoiling them every second of the day?

These guys are that kid, all grown up.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Shadoer posted:

Ever meet that kid in school whom would tell you about how unfair the world was to him/her, how poor they were, and how their parents constantly abused them? They'd then leverage their lovely life in order to borrow an increasing amount of money and stuff from you while using it as an excuse for why they're late or couldn't make your birthday and stuff. Then it would turn out that life was actually pretty good to them, their family was well off and they were getting a pretty awesome allowance, and their parents were spoiling them every second of the day?

These guys are that kid, all grown up.

Vag Assault Weapon
Aug 12, 2014

The only people who should be more ashamed than quinn and fish right now are the assholes from the first ten pages complaining about this being a thread

This has reached peak drama

Hayburner
Jan 29, 2005

hi
why is adam sessler involved in this?

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
Does Phil Fish's Andy Kaufmann avatar mean everything he says is a joke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Lightanchor posted:

Does Phil Fish's Andy Kaufmann avatar mean everything he says is a joke?

his life is a joke

• Locked thread