Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Endorph posted:

the best burn deck gimmick is giving cards to your opponent

acid golem, lava golem, satan claus

lava golem is wonderful and goes great in a nurse burn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

i feel like what i'd want to do with a burn deck is develop my side deck so i can switch the type of burn that i use, whether it be based off of spell cards, trap cards, or effects.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Well dark would have to play something else, because I play Noble Knights, and as we all know, only one of each card exists at any time and there can be no repeats. You know ignoring Edo

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

One of you should livestream your matches. Clearly we're already getting closer to the competitive YGO league that we all secretly want.

I'll do a stream if you want me to. I have the equipment, the setup, the voice, etc.

EDIT: I'll also stream the matches of others. However, Ygopro is required, as Devpro fails to work on my computer.

Slur fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Mar 23, 2015

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I can stream matches too. Good commentary not promised.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Aghhh I'd love to see your matches, are you going to just stream them or maybe upload them somewhere?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

So lets all agree on the 'one true program'.

Unless they all use the same servers (which Im not too sure of.)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can commentate and talk about how dumb and silly everything is.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So lets all agree on the 'one true program'.

Unless they all use the same servers (which Im not too sure of.)

Also, I would like to mention it's a bitch to reallocate windows constantly in OBS when Devpro constantly opens up games in new windows.

Hey Baal, want to cocommentate with me on this?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
In a minute

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Slur posted:

Ballin'. PM me when you're ready.

poo poo, I don't have PMs

Works for you if I post on the thread when I'm ready?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
gently caress Qli

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Red Suit posted:

gently caress Qli

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Red Suit posted:

gently caress Qli

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

poo poo, I don't have PMs

Works for you if I post on the thread when I'm ready?

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Watch said stream with me and Beef Waifu.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here's my deck list for Slur since he keeps playing dumb decks

Monster
Blue-Eyes x3
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal
Hieratic Dragon of Tefnuit x3
Eclipse Wyvern x3
Honest x2
Debris Dragon
Divine Dragon of Apocralyph
White Stone of Legend x3
Maiden with Eyes of Blue x3
Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon

Magic
One for One
Raigeki
Polymerization
Trade-In
Cards of Consonance
Dragon Shrine
Dragon's Mirror
Pot of Duality
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
The Monarchs Stormforth
Silver's Cry

Trap
Bottomless Trap Hole
Mirror Force x2
Compulsory Evacuation Device
Castle of Dragon's Souls
Fiendish x2

Extra Deck
Five-Headed Dragon
Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon
First of the Dragons
Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon x3
Hot Red Dragon Archfiend
Black Rose Moonlight Dragon
Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
Neo Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon
Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
Dragluon
Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
Thunder End Dragon
Queen Dragun Djinn

Danger Diabolik
Feb 9, 2014

If you want to play something fun and weird:

Monsters:
3x Moulinglacia the Elemental Lord
2x General Grunard of the Ice Barrier
2x Mobius The Mega Monarch
3x Swordsman of Revealing Light
1x Dewdark of the Ice Barrier
3x Swap Frog
3x Prior of the Ice Barrier
1x Flip Flop Frog
1x Ronintoadin
1x Dupe Frog
1x Swap Frog
1x Battle Fader

Spells:
1x Raigeki
2x Moray of Greed
3x Trade-In
2x Dark Hole
2x Medallion of the Ice Barrier
3x Salvage

Traps:
3x Typhoon
2x Aquamirror Cycle

Extra Deck:
1x Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree
1x Number 95: Galaxy-Eyes Dark Matter Dragon
2x Galaxy-Eyes Full Armor Photon Dragon
1x Number 62: Galaxy-Eyes Prime Photon Dragon
2x Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
1x Hieratic Sun Dragon Overlord of Heliopolis
1x Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
1x Alsei, the Sylvan High Protector (use him with swap frog)
1x Number 15: Gimmick Puppet Giant Grinder
2x Sky Calvary Centaurea
1x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1x Slacker Magician

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
YOU! EH!
Main Deck
1x U.A. Goalkeeper
3x U.A. Mighty Slugger
3x U.A. Perfect Ace
3x U.A. Midfielder
2x Warrior Lady of the Wasteland
3x Reinforcements of the Army
3x Terraforming
3x Pot of Duality
3x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Forbidden Chalice
3x The Monarchs Stormforth
3x U.A. Powered Jersey
3x U.A. Stadium
2x Breakthrough Skill
3x Royal Decree

Extra Deck
Is for nerds

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
So whens the adtrw ygo tourney?

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:
They can take our heartland, but they can never take our freedom.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Slur just finished his streaming, so I'm gonna pick up the slack. If you want to watch, click here!

If you want to chat with me while I play, add xanderk2 on Skype with your SA Username.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I want to try and make a deck revolving around Level Limit Area B, Gravity Bind, and a bunch of low level direct-attacking monsters. How viable is this, or does the existence of XYZs kind of tear it to ribbons?

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

The Bee posted:

I want to try and make a deck revolving around Level Limit Area B, Gravity Bind, and a bunch of low level direct-attacking monsters. How viable is this, or does the existence of XYZs kind of tear it to ribbons?

Yes.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The Bee posted:

I think the only effect that can target both ranks and levels is the Qli boss monsters.
But I might be wrong.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Bee posted:

I made someone disconnect on Devpro just now with Gravity Bind. It's pretty great (if you run an Xyz deck like me).

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

Sounds like Watts to me. Also Messenger of Peace might be a good card for that deck if the monsters you're planning to use are under 1500 ATK.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

I think the only effect that can target both ranks and levels is the Qli boss monsters.
But I might be wrong.

All Qli target both Ranks and Levels. It's why they're amazing.

But yeah, the Level Limit stuff is why I am so anti-XYZ

Senerio fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 24, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

All the streaming was fun and it should happen more often. Watching people play is fun.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

The Bee posted:

As someone trying to do that right now with this stupid cat deck, yeah kinda. The only solution i can seem to come up with is hope and prey that you can get it out first before they can xyz anything and hope that they don't have any rank 3 or less xyz monsters that are threatening.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Quincytbb posted:

As someone trying to do that right now with this stupid cat deck, yeah kinda. The only solution i can seem to come up with is hope and prey that you can get it out first before they can xyz anything and hope that they don't have any rank 3 or less xyz monsters that are threatening.

Summon Breaker.

Quincytbb
Oct 8, 2014

:laugh:

Senerio posted:

Summon Breaker.

Thanks for the help. Now that I've whipped something up its time to go lose against strangers online.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Quincytbb posted:

Majesty's fiend.

Blaze Dragon posted:

All the streaming was fun and it should happen more often. Watching people play is fun.

And seconding this.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I enjoyed Streaming today, and showing people why UAs are great.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Thank you to the streamers, it was a fun time.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Maybe I should join in the streams next time!

...I guess I'll need to learn how to build and use a deck first though. Man, the anime makes it look so easy. I need to find myself some mystical pendant with dark powers, that seems to make playing this overly complicated but fun card game far easier.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Blaze Dragon posted:

Maybe I should join in the streams next time!

...I guess I'll need to learn how to build and use a deck first though. Man, the anime makes it look so easy. I need to find myself some mystical pendant with dark powers, that seems to make playing this overly complicated but fun card game far easier.

Try the Skull Servant deck (or my UA deck) out to get a feel for the game, and then figure out what you like and what you dislike and find an archetype that supports you.
(Ex: I hate extra decks XYZs, and like saying gently caress you to my opponent. Thus, I run UA, who don't run extra deck, and who prevent the opponent from doing stuff.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Strange Quark posted:

I made someone disconnect on Devpro just now with Gravity Bind. It's pretty great (if you run an Xyz deck like me).

Darn, was hoping to make more of a classic-style with Raging Flame Sprite and similar. But glad to know at least the basic idea is viable, especially if I incorporate Qli to stop any special summons from going off.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

I'm glad everyone appreciated the efforts that were put out by myself and the others. I'm going to be busy in these upcoming weeks, but I'll see if I can slip in some time for some more streams here and there.

Baal did a good thing by giving me his decklist so I could play around with it. I encourage others to do the same, and give me some new ideas of things I can play around with. I'm also not terribly fond of playing meta decks, which is why I played the rank-up heraldic beasts as heavily as I did.

Is there any feedback that you guys would like to give in regards to these events?

K. Flaps posted:

So whens the adtrw ygo tourney?

I encourage someone to organize this, with prizes. Forum upgrade of choice for the champ? A cheap Steam game?

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Mar 24, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
hopefully next time this goes down I wont be at university and can contribute. But I'm curious, Over explaining common cards like it's the anime are we supposed to do this Y/N?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Onmi posted:

hopefully next time this goes down I wont be at university and can contribute. But I'm curious, Over explaining common cards like it's the anime are we supposed to do this Y/N?

I believe it was necessary, only because some people aren't familiar with the metagame, mechanics, cards, or common tricks here and there of the game. Though the stream audience is niche, it's best to expand invitation to newcomers and those who wish to learn of the game itself.

It also keeps the chat clean of "wait, what does that card do?" "What card?" "The card you just played!" "Oh, this one?" "No, the one you just played" "but there's stream delay!" etc.

Slur fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 24, 2015