Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Thank you sir.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

How long is the expected turn around time for an answer, if you don't mind me asking?

I just got a heads-up from the NSW state division: we actually have the numbers, but the AEC is making the Dems jump through all kinds of hoops to get reregistered.

Bloody Libs and their hatred of minor parties.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
lmao at these butthurt vets and ultranationalists who are extremely sad/angry at David Morrison

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Recoome posted:

lmao at these butthurt vets and ultranationalists who are extremely sad/angry at David Morrison

They're saying he's "abandoned" them because he didn't specifically mention support for them in his first address as Australian of the year. Like they really thought this would be his number one issue. The news 24 guy at least kind of gave the spokesman dude a hard time about it.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EoinCannon posted:

They're saying he's "abandoned" them because he didn't specifically mention support for them in his first address as Australian of the year. Like they really thought this would be his number one issue. The news 24 guy at least kind of gave the spokesman dude a hard time about it.

https://www.facebook.com/unitedpatriotsfront/videos/230274457307014/

e: also surprise misogyny

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

quote:

The Defence Force Welfare Association said it had been inundated with correspondence from members who were angry at General Morrison's approach.

"There seems to be a general view that perhaps he's gone too far in his quest for diversity and respect amongst ADF members who perhaps hold different views on lifestyles and religion and those sorts of issues," DFWA president David Jamison said.

"He's perhaps causing division rather than unity within the ADF and the veteran community."

........perhaps...........

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

:qq:but what about me*:qq:

*is a straight, white, conservative ADF veteran

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Ohhhhh,right. I naively assumed they were legitimately albeit misguidedly concerned about this issue and not bigots

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Keep watching for ~ethnocentrism~

THAT FLAG DON'T REPRESENT ANYONE BUT INDIGENOUS PEOPLE, WHY DOES OUR FLAG OFFEND PEOPLE

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The video I linked is actually comedy gold, jesus christ. I can only watch it in small bits it's loving horrifying

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Holy crap that kid is thick as poo poo, in the army he would be called nothing but a slug and many wouldn't even bother ever looking at his name... I wonder what he would think about that, if he isn't constantly stuck in a world of cognitive dissonance that is.

How these people have managed to survive without any obvious serious injuries is beyond me.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

hahahahahahaha he's a trained killer

e: can't wear the military uniform on the street. sorry kid, git gud

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Jonah Galtberg posted:

"There seems to be a general view that perhaps he's gone too far in his quest for diversity and respect amongst ADF members who perhaps hold different views on lifestyles and religion and those sorts of issues," DFWA president David Jamison said.

That's just ... such a miserable sentiment, it's boggling

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

The Peccadillo posted:

That's just ... such a miserable sentiment, it's boggling

Lol there was a big Greg Sheridan piece about this in the Australian yesterday on page 2.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

A nationalist flag with a circle and a symbol in the middle? Good work UPF, no one will call you Neo-Nazi's now!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

diversity and australia are like oil and water, no matter how hard you try, they just don't mix

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Are you sure this is legitimate First Dog? It seems to have 1/8th of the :words: it normally has.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
I thought it was a much higher quality instalment from FDotM, though that is probably due to the tone being rather cold.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

wow this is almost good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, I like first dog a lot more when it's just depressing rambles straight from his gut instead of much more wordy junk about Steve the Neo-Liberal Bilby or whatever.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Anidav posted:

A nationalist flag with a circle and a symbol in the middle? Good work UPF, no one will call you Neo-Nazi's now!

That's almost a good flag. I actually quite like the design, just needs a little help with some scaling and coloration, lets get some black and red in there for starters.

So maybe a black top half, and a red bottom half, then lets make the circle a little smaller, well now it seems a bit busy, so we should probably fill in the circle entirely with gold and move the southern cross up and to the right a bit... better throw in the commonwealth star as well. Yeah I think that looks good.

Just a few small changes and there's a flag that I think reflects Australia well.

EDIT: Lol, Angela "the modern day communist" Merkel, known Trotsky-ist.

hooman fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 30, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Maybe make the flag entirely red, change the symbol up a bit more to reflect the beliefs of Nationalists.

Wait.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
It's the Buddhist symbol for peace. Looks like you're the racist, liberals.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Recoome posted:

diversity and australia are like oil and water, no matter how hard you try, they just don't mix

Water on an oil fire is a pretty spectacular combination

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Anidav posted:

It looks like a road sign.

I think this one better fits Australia:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

ScreamingLlama posted:

I just got a heads-up from the NSW state division: we actually have the numbers, but the AEC is making the Dems jump through all kinds of hoops to get reregistered.

Bloody Libs and their hatred of minor parties.

I can see why that would be a problem. You need one person to hold the hoop and another to jump through it and the Dems just don't have that kind of numbers.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Anidav posted:

Maybe make the flag entirely red, change the symbol up a bit more to reflect the beliefs of Nationalists.

Wait.

Everything old is new again, by which I mean Anidav's jokes

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles

Trapezium Dave posted:

It looks like a road sign.

I think this one better fits Australia:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
im an american and i like first dog

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I see two men with hard hats talking

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Are you still looking after rescued kittens, or have you been adopting them out at a faster rate?

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

I'm not sure they understand what 'liberty' is...

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

hooman posted:

I'm not sure they understand what 'liberty' is...
I don't know, I think the whole thing is a diabolical liberty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

That is dog poo poo and/or cat piss.

What a travesty of a string of words that is.. You should burn it.

Edit: poo poo.. Burning an article of political advertisement/communication is probably a crime, isn't it?

• Locked thread