Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Seriously though that was one of the very first places I went to in Gerudo simply because from the map it looked like a huge badass skeleton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
Um, I'm pretty sure that leviathan skeletons don't show up on your map until you discover them.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Just got the climbing pants and armor in consecutive shrines. The hat was the first shrine item I found in the game, I guess it's all random??

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I got pretty far in the game with all beasts recovered and i realized I got used to teleporting too much so I'm trying to get the remaining 40 shrines just riding my horse everywhere and it's a blast

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

MajorMarcus posted:

Um, I'm pretty sure that leviathan skeletons don't show up on your map until you discover them.
nah they're always there

tobeannouncd
Oct 2, 2011

The tiger took my family
I see what I did wrong, then. The bones won't show up on your map unless you're zoomed in all the way, even though they are larger than those skull enemy camps, and those will show up at any zoom level.

farsel
Aug 4, 2007

P-Mack posted:

Just got the climbing pants and armor in consecutive shrines. The hat was the first shrine item I found in the game, I guess it's all random??

they're not random

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

also right after reading it itt i stumbled into the gerudo who told me about the "rumor"

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
So the only way to increase health/stamina is through shrines? Aside from temp increases

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

So the only way to increase health/stamina is through shrines? Aside from temp increases

You get one heart container for beating a dungeon (it's a Zelda game)

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy
Winding down my time with this game, going through my side quest list and exploring the few parts of the map I don't ever remember going. Also this afternoon I spent about 2 hours just roaming the central Hyrule area murdering guardian after guardian and harvesting their innards all while having fond memories of a month ago when I was deathly afraid of seeing a single crawler 500m away.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Bill Barber posted:

Winding down my time with this game, going through my side quest list and exploring the few parts of the map I don't ever remember going. Also this afternoon I spent about 2 hours just roaming the central Hyrule area murdering guardian after guardian and harvesting their innards all while having fond memories of a month ago when I was deathly afraid of seeing a single crawler 500m away.
this is absolutely one of those games like Morrowind where I wish I could Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind my brain once a year and play it totally fresh again.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

yeah same but i'm also looking forward to trying to do a no-beast/no-master sword run

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

but before that i'm going to max all the outfits and find all the shrines and do all the side quests. gently caress the korok seeds though, i feel like i've done nothing but collect them for the past two weeks and i haven't even hit 200. the only good thing about korok seeds is that they help you figure out where you've been on the map

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I stopped playing a few weeks ago because I'm saving the 100% run for hard mode

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if the "new map feature" in the dlc is a mute button for the shrine sensor i'll be satisfied

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Running out of inventory space for all my swords 😤

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i was hoarding the good poo poo and routinely stopping by my house to save my strongest equipment, but the other day i snapped and decided i'm just gonna have some loving fun with what i've got. three 50+s of each equipment type is enough

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Weapon durability in this game is awesome because it means you're always gonna expend resources somehow fighting dudes, so you are incentivized to just go ahead and use your specialty arrows and potions and stuff instead of saving them for something more important.The only "free" way to kill enemies is to do something clever like dropping logs on them and setting them on fire. So the environmental physics and chemistry stuff isn't just for dicking around, it becomes objectively beneficial to make use of.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
as far as i experienced, enemies always drop items that are able to kill them. the only time you might run into problems is trying to kill a very hard shrine guardian combat challenge with a traveler's sword or something. anyway, blood moons restock weapons, so at the most drop a pin on the Good poo poo and go back later. those crazy bastards did it - they made limited inventory and weapon durability a fun game mechanic instead of a chore.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I like the Durability system because it means weapons are more varied and gives me another incentive to take on enemy camps. Also I like thinking link is too strong to use weapons

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

By the end of the game I had way too many cool swords to keep track of.

Historical Wizards
Jul 3, 2016

"Imagine if every weapon was the Giant's Knife"
So much about this game sounds bad on paper but somehow they managed to make it all fun.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

a shooter where every gun breaks after 10-20 shots sounds horrible but its actually mad fun if you're constantly picking up new guns to try out and theyre all serviceable or have unique traits.

plus breaking weapons on a monster's head is a goomba stomp

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

extremebuff posted:

a shooter where every gun breaks after 10-20 shots sounds horrible but its actually mad fun if you're constantly picking up new guns to try out and theyre all serviceable or have unique traits.

follow up stomp- when they drop their own weapon when you do that so you just pick it up and get right back to business

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

P-Mack posted:

follow up stomp- when they drop their own weapon when you do that so you just pick it up and get right back to business

Hell yeah that's definitely a goomba stomp

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

extremebuff posted:

throwing a nearly broken weapon and seeing it explode and kill an enemy is one of my favorite goomba stomps in this game

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

P-Mack posted:

Definitely

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
got all the shrines now im sad

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I only have 29 to go then my journey will end..

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Lady in the hills near a shrine surrounded by garbage who's spending years developing forbidden cooking techniques involving rocks and bugs and poo poo 👌

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

Lady in the hills near a shrine surrounded by garbage who's spending years developing forbidden cooking techniques involving rocks and bugs and poo poo 👌

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I think she was my favourite random non-quest NPC but there are so many I bet I've just forgotten some

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

the guy on the bridge who thinks you're going to commit suicide and offers to stay and talk for a while

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

that moment when the piano goes BWONG and you know poo poo's about to go down

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

doing the zelda 2 downstab when you launch an aerial attack w/ the master sword

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

shooting the propellers off one of those aerial guardians and taking selfies with it as it flops around on the ground

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

wondering if life will ever be the same... wondering if the real world will ever seem as vibrant as it did before you played the greatest video game of all time... the legend of zelda: breath of the wild

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

is there srsly no way to get these outfits & items without amiibos, bc holy loving poo poo http://imgur.com/a/rRkAD (spoilers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Bonus picture of my house and my horse, Sir Vinny. Named after Vinesauce Vinny.

• Locked thread