Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
New revision, who dis

https://twitter.com/SollenbergerRC/status/1531709809405435904?t=ZWXnzYUDW5mQdHmmMQIvKw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

And that teacher has probably been torturing themselves second guessing if they played a part, if they aren't confusing days or something. Those poor fucks. 😞

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

Somewhere there is a teacher breathing a sigh of relief.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Remember, we need to support and believe brave law enforcement so they don't get their feelings hurt and continue to refuse to do their job

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
https://twitter.com/AaronKatersky/status/1531741990026629131?t=KkRyehmJqyS_hmUqPaHGXw&s=19

Dollars to donuts they shot a kid

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ASAPI posted:

Probably not, because none of these problems have been solved.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

100%

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Bootlicker voice: If they are innocent, why are they worried?

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

ASAPI posted:

I can’t wait until our long national nightmare of cops visibly getting their exonerative story straight is over

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://twitter.com/fox8nola/status/1531719467423653893?s=21&t=CSUjPI3RXTTAA5OT7QRRng

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Did they fire like 40 rounds? I bet you they shot more than 1.

I'm gonna guess they killed at least 1.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

not caring here posted:

Someone’s an optimist.

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

stackofflapjacks posted:

This is literally all of Washington, I asked a cop in Yelm about a group of kids skipping school and hanging out by a job site under a bridge, the cop said oh we can't talk to them because of the new use of force laws....they're middle schoolers in your own drat community.

They don't want to do the job anymore, and I say the state hasn't fallen apart without them shooting everyone they are scared of. Fire em all and start over

Why the gently caress would you call the cops in that situation

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

not caring here posted:

Having trouble digging up the source, but if I recall correctly the shooter had 15 bullet holes in him. So actually above average cop accuracy?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

tak posted:

Why the gently caress would you call the cops in that situation

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Having trouble digging up the source, but if I recall correctly the shooter had 15 bullet holes in him. So actually above average cop accuracy?

There was sort of a self-selection process with that whole “let’s not go in” thing so I imagine the ones that did are probably well above the porcine accuracy average

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

facialimpediment posted:

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1531562236078063617?t=HaD7-Uu_BIXQcbkqYT6CpA&s=19

One of those mornings when the random number generator fires up a news story.

https://twitter.com/DinosaurDracula/status/1531066543647375365?t=AW5wUMaN4ifEH_zxoP08uw&s=19

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Or they shot way more than 40 rounds.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

My bet is during that initial shootout after which the cops retreated they death blossomed and hit some kids.

The new story I’m hearing too is that a group of US Marshalls were also there and not only backed up the locals on the “let this play out” strategy they were the ones who started being particularly aggressive to the parents.

Butter Activities fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 1, 2022

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/mr_jce/status/1531625547104673794?s=21&t=DhCzvBqHW3ARPm7-MXWHpQ

Anyone else need a really good cry this morning?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Yeah, this was too much for me as a dad....

The whole past two weeks have been too much. Go hug your kids if you have em, your partner/spouse/lover/friends if you don't.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, this was too much for me as a dad....

The whole past two weeks have been too much. Go hug your kids if you have em, your partner/spouse/lover/friends if you don't.

:same:

Even when they’ve driven me nuts (ie being normal and happy kids) the past few weeks have been very big on hugs (even more so then usual). I can’t imagine anyone with a shred of human decency looking at this image, and having the gall to say the usual insane gun owner poo poo (granted human decency and gun owners are a somewhat small intersection even in the best of times).

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Christ that’s dark

I’ve heard a few “how can we expect the cops to do their jobs when they get in trouble” bullshit from real people and it makes we want to rip their loving neck out.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Christ that’s dark

I’ve heard a few “how can we expect the cops to do their jobs when they get in trouble” bullshit from real people and it makes we want to rip their loving neck out.

"I'd do anything to defend myself and my family, law be damned! Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six!"

"Oh, those cops might have gotten yelled at by protesters, I understand why they didn't try to rescue dozens of children being murdered."

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

SMEGMA_MAIL posted:

Christ that’s dark

I was told the "this isn't a movie, what did you expect them to do?" line over the weekend.

With all the toys and "training" that force had, they should have busted out some hollywood poo poo. I find unbelievable that they didn't have the means to breach a door that had the window shot out.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i just something, anything would change for the better. i'm so tired.

ASAPI posted:

I was told the "this isn't a movie, what did you expect them to do?" line over the weekend.

at some point i honestly wonder if i'd snap and just start like, idk. homer-simpson-strangling-bart someone like this

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
CNN: 15 people joined suspected Buffalo shooter's Discord private chat shortly before the shooting.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/19/us/buffalo-supermarket-shooting-court/index.html

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1531669070696816641

'They', not 'he.' Circumstantial evidence is starting to seriously suggest that the police may have killed at least one of the victims.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

ASAPI posted:

With all the toys and "training" that force had, they should have busted out some hollywood poo poo. I find unbelievable that they didn't have the means to breach a door that had the window shot out.

Apparently the classroom doors were open to the hallway (instead of open into the room) ones, and were reinforced or steel, so it wouldn't have been as easy as kicking in the door.

However, even if the cops patrol cars didn't have entry tools, the city cop SWAT team would have them. And even if those cowards didn't have entry tools, they could go to the nearest hardware store or fire dept and get halligan bars and sledgehammers. And every single one of them should've been willing to get chewed up by rounds coming through the door or walls as they tried to open the door with the tools. They could've used shields to shield the breachers somewhat, but they all should've been willing to die to get to that gently caress and save the goddamn kids. They may have had an explosive breacher but I doubt it because small town PDs dont need them. There might have been a mutual aid one that came from another agency but they probably didn't do an explosive breach once BORTAC said they were going in because they were worried about hurting more kids with debris or the door.

Those Uvalde SD PD and Uvalde city cops - loving cowards - didn't even go to school administrators to get the loving key. The BORTAC guys reportedly did that. And it was the BORTAC team that eventually said gently caress you to the incident commander (Uvalde school district police chief, aka piece of poo poo coward) and got the key and made entry (apparently with some locals too who found their balls too late).

Almost every single officer there were loving cowards. Only the BORTAC guys did the right thing.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jun 1, 2022

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Bored As gently caress posted:

Only the BORTAC guys did the right thing.

This is a sentence I never thought would be written.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Bored As gently caress posted:

Apparently the classroom doors were open to the hallway (instead of open into the room) ones, and were reinforced or steel, so it wouldn't have been as easy as kicking in the door.

However, even if the cops patrol cars didn't have entry tools, the city cop SWAT team would have them. And even if those cowards didn't have entry tools, they could go to the nearest hardware store or fire dept and get halligan bars and sledgehammers. And every single one of them should've been willing to get chewed up by rounds coming through the door or walls as they tried to open the door with the tools. They could've used shields to shield the breachers somewhat, but they all should've been willing to die to get to that gently caress and save the goddamn kids. They may have had an explosive breacher but I doubt it because small town PDs dont need them. There might have been a mutual aid one that came from another agency but they probably didn't do an explosive breach once BORTAC said they were going in because they were worried about hurting more kids with debris or the door.

Those Uvalde SD PD and Uvalde city cops - loving cowards - didn't even go to school administrators to get the loving key. The BORTAC guys reportedly did that. And it was the BORTAC team that eventually said gently caress you to the incident commander (Uvalde school district police chief, aka piece of poo poo coward) and got the key and made entry (apparently with some locals too who found their balls too late).

Almost every single officer there were loving cowards. Only the BORTAC guys did the right thing.

Regardless they should've been using every effort to either breach the door or the windows. The fact that they just STOOD THERE as the shooting continued says all that needs to be said.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Here's a palate cleanser
https://twitter.com/Y2Komrade/status/1530595547567992832

Did you know that Chuck E Cheese's full name is Charles Entertainment Cheese?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Soylent Pudding posted:

This is a sentence I never thought would be written.

Same

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Here's a palate cleanser

Lmao

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

CommieGIR posted:

Regardless they should've been using every effort to either breach the door or the windows. The fact that they just STOOD THERE as the shooting continued says all that needs to be said.

Oh 100%. Just standing there in the hallway doing goddamn nothing because they were either too afraid for their lives to go in, or too afraid of disregarding their boss (in the case of Uvalde SDPD) or their partner agency’s boss (in the case of Uvalde city pd) to disregard his authority and do the right thing. Either way, no matter the reason, they're cowards.

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Cythereal posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1531669070696816641

'They', not 'he.' Circumstantial evidence is starting to seriously suggest that the police may have killed at least one of the victims.

You know, I feel like this could be "justified" if they'd gone in and taken out the shooter instead of jerking each other off in the hallway while he slaughtered people. But they didn't do that.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

fknlo posted:

You know, I feel like this could be "justified" if they'd gone in and taken out the shooter instead of jerking each other off in the hallway while he slaughtered people. But they didn't do that.

Hard disagree. The tradeoff for public safety work being stressful, difficult, and occasionally dangerous is they get their entire industry's hog huffed for being "heroes". Oh, and a completely separate legal system, don't forget that. I'm fine with demanding they put themselves into danger to protect and serve, and I'm fine with demanding they don't shoot up any innocents in the process.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Here's a palate cleanser

There was a whole stupid joke in the Overwatch League with one of the Plat Chat casters Avast giving the Chuck E Cheese Chad of the Match award to players. He even streamed from Chuck E Cheese where he announced the E stood for Entertainment. I usually hate esports casters but the PlatChat crew just make fun of themselves the entire time that they are endearing.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There is no loving excuse for them.

Every time they open their loving mouths, they are telling the public they are less capable at doing their job than half trained children put in a war zone.

E- on twitter, one of the conspiracy theories is that the shooter didn't kill anyone, maybe a few, before being engaged by the cops. The police then carried out the massacre and framed the shooter.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i know yall (correctly) warn about the cspam threads being brain-melting toxic sludge but hoo lordy the d&d ce thread is pretty bad too. don't go there

Sexual Lorax posted:

Hard disagree. The tradeoff for public safety work being stressful, difficult, and occasionally dangerous is they get their entire industry's hog huffed for being "heroes". Oh, and a completely separate legal system, don't forget that. I'm fine with demanding they put themselves into danger to protect and serve, and I'm fine with demanding they don't shoot up any innocents in the process.

also the "completely separate legal system" that reviews constant cop fuckups and goes "there was no way this poor, poor cop could have avoided firing 100 rounds at innocent people. anyway, cop's innocent"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zamujasa posted:

i know yall (correctly) warn about the cspam threads being brain-melting toxic sludge but hoo lordy the d&d ce thread is pretty bad too. don't go there

Pray tell.