Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Suez Canal is blocked by a grounded oil tanker per my AP alert.

pics or it did happen

https://twitter.com/YWNReporter/status/1565104213973254146?s=20&t=wtO029I339vym5Xx98i-Vg

in other news: how do they plan to reconcile this with Backing the Blue

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1564964300166504448?s=20&t=eIi9-E618YjKTXufa49VpQ

Kesper North fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Sep 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
they support police exactly as much as they support the troops

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bulletsponge13 posted:

Try empanelling a jury.

Okay.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/JoeBiden/status/1565007006443995138
https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1565087069516414978

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Trump supporters will 100% lie about their political orientation and prior behavior in order to get on the jury and save the day. Having a jury trial involving these kinds of delusional idiots is a pretty huge risk.

ZombieApostate
Mar 13, 2011
Sorry, I didn't read your post.

I'm too busy replying to what I wish you said

:allears:

Grip it and rip it posted:

Trump supporters will 100% lie about their political orientation and prior behavior in order to get on the jury and save the day. Having a jury trial involving these kinds of delusional idiots is a pretty huge risk.

So the way I see it, there's three potential outcomes here.

1) Trump doesn't get indicted. The rule of law is confirmed as pretend and democracy is dead.
2) Trump gets indicted. A trumper gets on the jury and keeps him from getting convicted. The rule of law is confirmed as pretend and democracy is dead.
3) Trump gets indicted. They manage to convict him, he goes to prison forever and maybe democracy gets to continue.

The only way you get to #3 is by indicting him. Not indicting and failing to convict both arrive at the same place.

I am, however, a big dumb idiot, so...

ZombieApostate fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Sep 1, 2022

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
bahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/JacobRubashkin/status/1565128259003719681

thank you sarah palin

(the Nick Begich voters split for the Democrat in ranked choice)

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1565128996559507458?s=21&t=0T9jfCIHq2HYQ5FHtXiLIQ

Good luck finding a Trump supporter in DC or one that can’t be picked out easily.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Joke's on them, no one wants to be alive when the collapse comes anyways.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://twitter.com/redistrict/status/1565128162681421824

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry

facialimpediment posted:

bahahahahaha

thank you sarah palin

Holy poo poo, I was avoiding looking at this out of fear of more Palin.

Apparently the ship is moving again, under tow: https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/ship-runs-aground-egypts-suez-canal-sources-2022-08-31/

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

facialimpediment posted:

bahahahahaha

thank you sarah palin

I saw this floating around Twitter a few days ago and thought theres no way republicans would only get < 20 states if we moved to ranked choice.

https://twitter.com/tylerbowyer/status/1564459685909970944?s=20&t=awLY0LMBrq9XbJhRzDfYsg

Maybe the RNC idiot was actually correct.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

https://twitter.com/nick_ramsey/status/1565129199194701826?t=i0FM8y-aX6jnNJRLz00umg&s=19

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1565129860099452930?t=MJm2yFqAp36rQjW1vRjLUg&s=19

I was reading through it, and stopped quickly because it felt like I was reading Donnie and there were very few actual legal citations or references to caselaw.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

facialimpediment posted:

I was reading through it, and stopped quickly because it felt like I was reading Donnie and there were very few actual legal citations or references to caselaw.

The Law is just made up so why put in any effort

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hey German man

https://twitter.com/berlin_bridge/status/1564924125705125891?t=wvhLIIjB31dgthv6Zr6MUg&s=19

Thoughts, comments, queries?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Soapdish posted:

The Law is just made up so why put in any effort

Usually when the refs can be bought off, they demand money and can only shave a few points.

Donnie's demanding five touchdowns, a hit by pitch, and an intentional walk, all for the cost of $0 because he appointed the ref.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CommieGIR posted:

I love that Trump has basically become a graveyard for legal careers.

Great legal minds who seem to think that hitching themselves up to the Trump train is going to make their careers fully unaware of what a nuclear waste site it is.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://twitter.com/Redistrict/status/1565139327201542145

lmao

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That's honestly just a clickbait take. To pretend that two econ ministry officials had even remotely the same or more lobbying influencer than, say, a former chancellor salivating two inches shy of Putin's dick is just some clout-goblin bullshit.

Also, Jessica may have BERLIN as her last name, but anyone who claims the Verfassungsschutz is the "🇩🇪 FBI" is full of poo poo. :colbert:

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Do you think there is never any research done on jurors in big cases?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's honestly just a clickbait take. To pretend that two econ ministry officials had even remotely the same or more lobbying influencer than, say, a former chancellor salivating two inches shy of Putin's dick is just some clout-goblin bullshit.

Also, Jessica may have BERLIN as her last name, but anyone who claims the Verfassungsschutz is the "🇩🇪 FBI" is full of poo poo. :colbert:

OK gently caress Jessica but is there any truth to it?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Bored As gently caress posted:

The Standardized Field Sobriety Tests are, when administered properly with the correct wording and instructions, scientific and actually do work to indicate no-BS clues of alcohol caused impairment, for people who are less than 50lbs overweight. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration spent years developing it.

In some states a preliminary breath test / roadside "breathalyzer" is not admissible in court alone. Reason being is they aren't calibrated, tested, or serviced as often as the huge machine in the precinct or jail. Breathalyzer results at the roadside can be used in conjunction with other clues indicated in the sobirety tests to lead to an arrest, where a breath test done at a police precinct that is properly tested and calibrated which is the court admissible test. Or blood tests can be done after getting a warrant or consent.

I basically get where you're coming from, but again: PDs have the budgets of small militaries, but no money to calibrate breathalyzers in squad cars regularly?

At the end of the day, this still foregoes having an objective test result from an unbiased device in favor of Johnny Hoglet testifying that someone was drunk and his opinion was pinky-promise not influenced by any form of bias/racism/incompetence/donuts/etc.

That requires a level of trust in LEOs that i do not have in TYOOL 2022.

slurm
Jul 28, 2022

by Hand Knit

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I basically get where you're coming from, but again: PDs have the budgets of small militaries, but no money to calibrate breathalyzers in squad cars regularly?

At the end of the day, this still foregoes having an objective test result from an unbiased device in favor of Johnny Hoglet testifying that someone was drunk and his opinion was pinky-promise not influenced by any form of bias/racism/incompetence/donuts/etc.

That requires a level of trust in LEOs that i do not have in TYOOL 2022.

NYPD has a bigger budget than Ukrainian military iirc

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I've finally put my finger on the Trump legal strategy.

https://twitter.com/Popehat/status/1565155656654409728

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HzFszONReo&t=164s

oops, all witnesses/lawyers/indictees!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

OK gently caress Jessica but is there any truth to it?

In so far as two officials are being investigated by the Verfassungsschutz? Sure, absolutely.

But the claim of the article that this is "explosive" is hilarious, considering the suspicion of espionage stemmed from the two officials "being of suspiciously pro-russian opinion regarding their stances/recommendatios towards Nordstream 2, Gazprom Germania and having close personal ties with Russian officials".

That's, like, beyond comedy considering the last 20 years and current events.

2/10 Schröders, would not treason for pay

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That Works posted:

For people who never see / know anything about these kinds of documents can y'all unpack it a bit more? I know it's bad but seeing lots of people reacting strongly to this photo and curious why.

To add to what others said, all of the stuff that is TS/SCI had to be signed for. They knew 100% he had it. If he was not the person who signed for the documents then the person who did sign is in deep poo poo along with hopefully donny dumper as well. Chain of custody on anything above regular SECRET (which would be things like SECRET - CODEWORD after it) is taken very seriously.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yea I bet they(donnie/donnies office) just did some absurdly brazen poo poo like printed or photocopied them, lol. No big deal :dumb:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I'm looking forward to seeing them attempt the rarely-successful "wait, that's not how we did it" defense.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

ded posted:

To add to what others said, all of the stuff that is TS/SCI had to be signed for. They knew 100% he had it. If he was not the person who signed for the documents then the person who did sign is in deep poo poo along with hopefully donny dumper as well. Chain of custody on anything above regular SECRET (which would be things like SECRET - CODEWORD after it) is taken very seriously.

It’s actually, counterintuitively, the other way around now. Collateral Top Secret material is logged and accounted for by a TSCO (Top Secret Control Officer) and dealt with as you describe.

SCI is routinely handled and dealt with inside of SCIF’s in a manner somewhat similar to how collateral secret is in a secure area. You don’t have to sign for SCI documents inside a SCIF, there’s no routine physical paper trail or auditing of the viewing of most categories of SCI documents.

There is for some SAP’s, and for collateral Top Secret, and cryptographic material. Not so much 99% of SCI.

I know, seems goofy. Almost everyone with a TS clearance also has SCI access of some form or another. However it’s a very limited number of people who are exposed to/deal with collateral Top Secret. Nuke Emergency War Orders are collateral Top Secret for instance. You just very rarely see collateral TS outside nukes, subs, and some SOF.

LtCol J. Krusinski fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 1, 2022

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Caveat- I have no loving clue what the logging of poo poo that goes before POTUS is.

I’m just talking about routine handling.

CabooseRvB
Aug 12, 2022

I miss Sheila :c

It’s actually, counterintuitively, the other way around now. Collateral Top Secret material is logged and accounted for by a TCO (Top Secret Control Officer) and dealt with as you describe.

SCI is routinely handled and dealt with inside of SCIF’s in a manner somewhat similar to how collateral secret is in a secure area. You don’t have to sign for SCI documents inside a SCIF, there’s no routine physical paper trail or auditing of the viewing of most categories of SCI documents.

There is for some SAP’s, and for collateral Top Secret, and cryptographic material. Not so much 99% of SCI.

I know, seems goofy. Almost everyone with a TS clearance also has SCI access of some form or another. However it’s a very limited number of people who are exposed to/deal with collateral Top Secret. Nuke Emergency War Orders are collateral Top Secret for instance. You just very rarely see collateral TS outside nukes, subs, and some SOF.

The amount of secret documents that have been brought to that area is going to land every other associated person with that building/Trump/who was there during the time of the raid in deeper poo poo.

Discovery of those secret documents will put everybody there and has been there the past few weeks into intense questioning/investigating on whether or not they have seen it, or read it.

I can't imagine the scale of damage control the agencies need to do now to figure how many people may have seen/read it who clearly did not have a 'need to know'

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CabooseRvB posted:

The amount of secret documents that have been brought to that area is going to land every other associated person with that building/Trump/who was there during the time of the raid in deeper poo poo.

Discovery of those secret documents will put everybody there and has been there the past few weeks into intense questioning/investigating on whether or not they have seen it, or read it.

I can't imagine the scale of damage control the agencies need to do now to figure how many people may have seen/read it who clearly did not have a 'need to know'

Oh no doubt.

Those FBI agents had to get read into a bunch of SCI compartments and SAP’s that they otherwise would never have to be. Of course it was a read-in after exposure, but it keeps things nice and legal.

The fact that they’re still requiring read-in for anyone to see the material shows you how much water Trumps “blanket” declassification holds with the DOJ.

Learned about those post facto read ins on public radio this afternoon.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

What sort of stuff would be expected to be in one of those documents? Exact US missile sub patrols? Names of highly placed informants in China? NSA capabilities?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
They have to treat eveeything in those docs as compromised now right? The potential shitshow of dealing with that downstream has to be enormous.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Does Cheeto's legal team realize any of those implications?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Learned about those post facto read ins on public radio this afternoon.

jesus tapdancing christ

what agent would dare open those folders on scene though?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Leave posted:

Does Cheeto's legal team realize any of those implications?

about as good a chance they realize that as they realize how much they'll actually be paid. unless they're doing it for exposure and like, I mean...what the gently caress, just what in the gently caress FPOTUS did a ntional security breach of epic proportions why would you go defend them just amazing

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,

Hyrax Attack! posted:

What sort of stuff would be expected to be in one of those documents? Exact US missile sub patrols? Names of highly placed informants in China? NSA capabilities?

I mean as far as I can remember, TS is the highest level of classification apart from like, the poo poo that most people don't know even exists, so potentially anything you could think of.
My only experience with something like this was like, finding out someone overseas had lost a sheet of radio freqs, so all 5 eyes countries using them had to change them out. And that would be on the extremely low end of a fuckup scale.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

jesus tapdancing christ

what agent would dare open those folders on scene though?

An agent confirming the contents haven't been replaced with pages of a 1991 Sears wishbook catalog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah.. they have a form of need to know. The read ins are just to keep things nice and tidy on the legal side, as they’re going to need continued access to the materials, and context about them, in the conduct of their investigation and damage assessment.

I think a lot of folks forget the FBI is our nations Counter Intelligence agency as well. They’ll be the ones figuring out almost all of The Who/what/when/where/why of this, and the CI implications therein.

This… this is what the fuckening looks like.