Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Bengos...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I wouldn't attempt a field goal here. I'd maybe go for it.

Punt might be the right call with this little time left?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
can the Chargers score a touchdown in ~25 seconds

no

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Play posted:

Niners still allowed more points than their average god drat

That TD was the first second half points they've given up in like 4 games

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Shoulda let that roll around a little bit Raiders ST guy.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Grittybeard posted:

I wouldn't attempt a field goal here. I'd maybe go for it.

Punt might be the right call with this little time left?
Absolutely punt, with the clock under a minute and in possession of the lead, putting extra yards between the chargers and the end zone is worth way more than 3 points

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

CapnAndy posted:

Absolutely punt, with the clock under a minute and in possession of the lead, putting extra yards between the chargers and the end zone is worth way more than 3 points

yep, its either go for it or punt

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

holy poo poo, an end-of-game lateral that worked!

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

that was awesome

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
Really good lateral there!

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hah, pretty clever.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

nice to see a hook and lateral

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

didn't help, but still, neat lateral

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

thats game

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Hook and lateral actually worked!

I was like 10 seconds behind and because of posts I thought the chargers scored on it lol

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
awww well you tried.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Can you just kinda accidentally intentionally fumble the ball out of bounds? That woulda bought them another play if you could get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i believe if a player fumbles the ball out of bounds with under 2 minutes remaining, the ball goes back to the spot of the fumble with a "clock starts on ref signal" situation, which would be better than nothing. i am not sure if there's a 10 second run off however. or possibly i am lying altogether