Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I get a weird feeling that this new character is Coyote in disguise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

SynthOrange posted:

I get a weird feeling that this new character is Coyote in disguise.
Who, Egalmore?

Clam Chowdown
May 8, 2006

That's an unacceptable answer, Donny!
Jesus christ when are you people going to stop making this same tired joke over and over again?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

dyzzy posted:

Argh I totally had a smarmy post lined up for this :negative:

I wonder what beesmuth has to gain by being in the court anyways. Are fun city monsters not appetizing?
I kinda want to know more about the wasp. I'd guess that, assuming it's a parasite, it wanted to hitch a ride into the court because humans are easier prey. Using ether tricks to make someone think it's something else would probably work much better on people less in-tune with the ether.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
What the hell is it with dogs and eating bugs anyways. He probably goes nuts during cicada season.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Oh Coyote. :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Parts Kit posted:

What the hell is it with dogs and eating bugs anyways. He probably goes nuts during cicada season.

Man I wish my dog would eat bugs. Instead of, you know, cat poop and chicken guano.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

IronicDongz posted:

I kinda want to know more about the wasp. I'd guess that, assuming it's a parasite, it wanted to hitch a ride into the court because humans are easier prey. Using ether tricks to make someone think it's something else would probably work much better on people less in-tune with the ether.

Well it's a shame we probably won't know more about it now. Unless Coyote is willing to dump some exposition.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
After Eglamore, it's Jones' turn to make cameos in other webcomics, since obviously she is Leslie.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Kikas posted:

Well it's a shame we probably won't know more about it now. Unless Coyote is willing to dump some exposition.

You'd probably have to wait eight to ten hours.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Cat Mattress posted:

After Eglamore, it's Jones' turn to make cameos in other webcomics, since obviously she is Leslie.

I was going to say she can't be Jones 'cos she smiled. Then I realised that right after she smiled the little girl started crying for her mother, which seems appropriate for Jones' reputedly creepy attempt at emotional expression.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Oh wow I didn't realize that crown was a symbol for 'Annie's doing this,' that means I got my wish! Yay.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!

Parts Kit posted:

Oh man what if Coyote gets that swollen face dogs get when they eat a bee!

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret
Man, I cannot beelieve Coyote just ate the Seed Bismuth <:mad:>

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.
So is no one going to wonder what happened in the second panel there? Seems like some sort of Fire Elemental self-defense mechanism, judging by the symbol, but Annie doesn't appear to have activated it intentionally.

Intrigue! :science:

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I don't know, it's been proven in the past that she's capable of some pretty huge fire-starting when she is in a heightened emotional state. And setting her hair on fire on command as well.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

So is no one going to wonder what happened in the second panel there? Seems like some sort of Fire Elemental self-defense mechanism, judging by the symbol, but Annie doesn't appear to have activated it intentionally.

Annie leveled up and got new powers, duh.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah, I think she just blasted it in panic, no weird mechanisms involved.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She reacted instinctively because she wasp anicked.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

Man, I cannot beelieve Coyote just ate the Seed Bismuth <:mad:>
:haw: good o-

Cat Mattress posted:

She reacted instinctively because she wasp anicked.
:stare: :golfclap:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

She's holding her hand out when it activates and is covering her eyes. Seems like she did it herself this time, even if it was a twitch reaction.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

Wait, did he just use her as bait?

Korwen
Feb 26, 2003

don't mind me, I'm just out hunting.

I assume this is going to be some kind of set up at Coyote's request to teach something to Annie about the Forest. We'll probably have some panels explaining it next week.

edit: But it did provide an opportunity for me to get a Coyote avatar finally. Hooray!

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

I want to read this as Annie actually getting into trouble through no manipulation from a 3rd party, and Coyote acting kindly and getting her out of it. But it's Coyote, so there's probably wheels within wheels here and he set it all up in the first place for some kind of payoff that will come three years down the line. But for right now, I'm just going to assume that he's being a nice doggy. :3:

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

BobTheJanitor posted:

I want to read this as Annie actually getting into trouble through no manipulation from a 3rd party, and Coyote acting kindly and getting her out of it. But it's Coyote, so there's probably wheels within wheels here and he set it all up in the first place for some kind of payoff that will come three years down the line. But for right now, I'm just going to assume that he's being a nice doggy. :3:

He tends to suck up to Annie, at least to her face. There might not be any real payoff other than her viewing him as being sympathetic. He is the one she chose to ran to after she found out about her mother and he may be hoping that line of thought continues.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

MooCowlian posted:

Wait, did he just use her as bait?

I think he used it as bait.

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009

Kikas posted:

Honestly, Coyote tends to be none too helpful at best and maliciously misleading at worst. It's possible other forest denizens know something, though.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
It was an evil bug that tried to get inside her head and manipulate her by making poo poo up and lying, exactly like the spider thing did to Jack. It's probably the same exact kind of etheric monster-bug thing.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Maybe it wanted to get in the Court so as to lay eggs in Zimmy's spiders.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Now wait just a minute, this is a wholesome webcomic for all ages we're talking about here!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I'm still sort of concerned that this ends up getting Ysen in trouble for getting caught up in Fun Town while Annie is about to be mind-munched by a rainbow wasp.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Cat Mattress posted:

Seed Waspmuth X Whitelegs OTP.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Don't mind me, I'm
just out hunting.

Doctor_Blueninja
Oct 23, 2012

Just some guy with a college doctorate and a passing knowledge of what it means to be a ninja.

IUG posted:

She's holding her hand out when it activates and is covering her eyes. Seems like she did it herself this time, even if it was a twitch reaction.

Huh, so she is. On my first reading, it looked like she was just instinctively raising her hands in front of her face.

Good to see that Annie's mastered Solar Flares!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Chronojam posted:

Don't mind me, I'm
just out hunting.

Dunno, the avatar text could also be "Chompo"

So is Coyote gonna poop buildings now or what.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Doctor_Blueninja posted:

Huh, so she is. On my first reading, it looked like she was just instinctively raising her hands in front of her face.

Good to see that Annie's mastered Solar Flares!

All she needs to do is learn to cut people in half with her kienzan when they are distracted.

Cat Mattress posted:

You talking about Beesmuth or Jack here?

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Talking about the beed buzzmuth.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Coyote you silly puppy.

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Kind of interesting that the wasp asked her to get it into the court to get back to its "brethren". If it actually was the seed bismuth, wouldn't it be asking to get back to its children, or the rest of itself? Are there wasp larvae in the court, waiting for a meal to be prepared for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mahler
Oct 30, 2008

I suspect there are wasp-controlled peeps already embedded in the Court. (if the wasps do turn out to be the parasitic/ MIND CONTROL types)