Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

i am the half-empty pack of double a batteries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Bloody posted:

i am the half-empty pack of double a batteries

im the method of carrying water that absolutely requires the use of the cart that was abandoned on the first day

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

moonshine is...... posted:

This is the best part ~5 miles a day. The average American walks roughly 2 miles a day in just general activities and getting around.

yeah, i mean I walk on average 4-8 miles a day somewhat just getting around to the buildings I support. This campus is hilly as hell, and SC isn't known for it's pleasant summer weather.

This kid falls apart on literally the easiest part of his hike, that most folks would consider a nice leisurely pace.

MORE CURLY FRIES
Apr 8, 2004

also hes totally given up

hes not 'well i hosed that up but it has strengthened my resolve to do it better next time [25 miles!] and i will not be beaten!' he just went to his aunts and thought 'eh gently caress it im done'

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

i'm honestly surprised that he was able to walk around the store for the supplies without breaking his body. Maybe just ordered them online.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

anthonypants posted:

lack of nutrition???

people who use # to indicate weight are the worst

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
i weigh 200 hashtags

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

lmao

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.

minivanmegafun
Jul 27, 2004

lollin irl

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
:thurman:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

:eyepop:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

miles

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

moonshine is...... posted:

This is the best part ~5 miles a day. The average American walks roughly 2 miles a day in just general activities and getting around.

this is unfair, he was carrying weight and walking uphill on a trail. he also made it much harder for himself by following the american discovery trail to the letter, which takes probably the steepest possible path through that park. not that he would have realized, because he wasn't using a topo map and was 100% convinced that it would be a gentle incline

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

almost want to make a whole thread about it but

kickstarter gave a brony millions to make a VR facemask. years later, and two conferences, and 2 dev kits, and oh yeah what am i forgetting 2 billion more dollars later and...

they dropped support for their original platforms and haven't released a product

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

:siren: :laffo: :siren:

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

hello new facebook profile image

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
just want to clarify I didn't make that, someone in the main thread did

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

PleasureKevin posted:

kickstarter gave a brony millions to make a VR facemask. years later, and two conferences, and 2 dev kits, and oh yeah what am i forgetting 2 billion more dollars later and...

they dropped support for their original platforms and haven't released a product

What's it called?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

OB_Juan posted:

What's it called?

oculus. all 15 people in the world who have Mac hardware that can actually drive good VR are butthurt that the consumer Rift won't support the Mac at launch.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

PleasureKevin posted:

to be fair literally no macintosh computer meets their minimum graphics requirements (not even the trash can mac pro) and linux is like only a few % of the pc gaming market (though i do hope they'll get around to it eventually).

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
to support mac os is to support slavery, and thats bad

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Subjunctive posted:

oculus. all 15 people in the world who have Mac hardware that can actually drive good VR are butthurt that the consumer Rift won't support the Mac at launch.

lmao remember when you pm'd me about hiring linux engineers. did you fire all of them since you don't support that platform anymore?

this is almost as incredible as steam's "openvr" not being "open" nor "vr"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Mr.Radar posted:

(though i do hope they'll get around to it eventually).

lmao

i hope how that too lol

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed
https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/so-your-project-blew-up-now-what-part-one

Some quips from folks who know how to handle a kickstarter that blows up (I tend to back caustics poo poo cause I like his music, and in general as a musician, he's a humble cool rear end dude)

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Suspicious Dish posted:

lmao remember when you pm'd me about hiring linux engineers. did you fire all of them since you don't support that platform anymore?

no, we borrowed some from other groups to support DK2 while we figured out if we could reasonably support the consumer version on Linux.

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal
fwiw most of the oculus diehards already have a devkit and won't shut the gently caress up about it

also it's like 1080p per eye on the devkits and they run all 3 platforms, why not just ship that as a consumer model and save the crazy spec windows-only version for later

Daman
Oct 28, 2011

bucketmouse posted:

fwiw most of the oculus diehards already have a devkit and won't shut the gently caress up about it

also it's like 1080p per eye on the devkits and they run all 3 platforms, why not just ship that as a consumer model and save the crazy spec windows-only version for later

i mean have you used them... they're pixelly as gently caress. sort of really sucks!

"good enough" is going to result in another virtual boy. it has to be great

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I though the Valve 3d hmd jobbie had come along and stolen oculus' thunder?

bucketmouse
Aug 16, 2004

we con-trol the ho-ri-zon-tal
we con-trol the verrr-ti-cal

Daman posted:

i mean have you used them... they're pixelly as gently caress. sort of really sucks!

"good enough" is going to result in another virtual boy. it has to be great

i haven't and i'm not really surprised

it just seems like it could be another wii though given all the publicity the thing's gotten. if they went with crappier specs would mean a lower pricepoint they'd have a lot more availability, especially if they could get it out there for 150-200$. it'd probably sell like mad on gimmick factor alone even if it only supported a handful of games and it'd pave the way for another round of turbonerd funding.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

low quality VR makes people throw up, which is an important difference from most other consumer electronics

(oculus isn't going to get another round of turbonerd funding, nor will they need it)

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Subjunctive posted:

low quality VR makes people throw up, which is an important difference from most other consumer electronics

(oculus isn't going to get another round of turbonerd funding, nor will they need it)

I don't think we need Oculus, I have nO desire to wear a thing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Subjunctive posted:

lol if you don't count zuckerburg as a turbonerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

theflyingorc posted:

I don't think we need Oculus, I have nO desire to wear a thing

• Locked thread